Death Threats

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:08 am UTC

Gotten death threats plenty of times... you get used to them. An important thing to all people out there... if your kids tell you that they have been receiving death threats at school, don't tell them that they're saying that to get attention, OK?

OK.

I've been stabbed, threatened to be pushed into Petey Creek (deep, stony, jagged ravine), THREATENED to be stabbed, and had a large number of generic "I'll kill you" / "Do this or I'll kill you" / "DON'T do this or I'll kill you" / "I'll find you and kill you" threats over the years. Seriously, eventually they blend together until the you realize the whole world is full of gutless pussies trying to make themselves feel tough.
KicktheCAN wrote:There is this one psychotic kid at my school who is on who knows how many drugs. He is friends with some bitchy little girl who hates me for some reason (smokes pot, probably related). So every now and then she gets him to make threats on my life if I ever do whatever to her again (I usually have not even spoken to her let alone done anything). One time she actually came up to me at lunch after I had gotten her bag back from somebody who took it and she started hitting me, I pretty much just raised my arm to block her and later her druggy thug says he's going to kill me if I ever touch her again. My school is full of nutsos.

Been in almost that EXACT situation.

simen

Postby simen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am UTC

There was this one sociopath at my school who used to shout that he was going to kill whoever annoyed him at the time. I don't think that counts, though.
There have been a few times, though, when strangers living in the other end of the country (1500 km away) have contacted me over the intertruck and said that they were going to kill me. They have never seemed to be bothered by the distance, claiming that they either had a car or friends living around here.
Once, they claimed that I had impregnated their 11-year-old sister, and had been able to track me down due to her description of the perpetrator: An ugly geek. They finally threatened to send their local gangsta friends against me, and I pushed the discussion towards music, with great success. I almost managed to transfer him a song by Genesis, but a minor network failure put an end to that. Lulz ensued. I'm not sure if this counts, either, because it was so obvious that it was a prank.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:10 am UTC

I'm in the same boat as tess, that's what I meant by the death threats that it wasn't realized I was being threatened in.

But anywho, I've been threatened with everything just sort of death personally because of either lesbianism or atheism, and with fire and brimstone for being a sexual deviant.

Oh, and I was on a hit-list technically, it was a person making a list of atheists.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 am UTC

I really wonder why these people say athiests should die because they don't believe in God, who is the LORD ALMIGHTY, and yet God himself doesn't take it upon himself to kill athiests, so they think THEY KNOW BETTER THEN THEIR GOD, and take it upon themselves to kill athiests.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:18 am UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:I really wonder why these people say athiests should die because they don't believe in God, who is the LORD ALMIGHTY, and yet God himself doesn't take it upon himself to kill athiests, so they think THEY KNOW BETTER THEN THEIR GOD, and take it upon themselves to kill athiests.

Don't try to rationalise. The problem with that type of person isn't religion, it's mental disease.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:33 am UTC

Don't listen to your logic and your reason! They're instruments of the devil! Jebus be praised!

(To avoid poe's law: :wink: )
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:35 pm UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:I really wonder why these people say athiests should die because they don't believe in God, who is the LORD ALMIGHTY, and yet God himself doesn't take it upon himself to kill athiests, so they think THEY KNOW BETTER THEN THEIR GOD, and take it upon themselves to kill athiests.

This is why certain forms of Christians a) piss me off and b) make me sad. Because even I (recently converted, with little knowledge of how these things work) KNOW that we're supposed to be pacifistic and not be asshats. Aargh.
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:45 pm UTC

My first husband stalked me after I left him. He left death threats on the phone at my work (I slept there for a few nights trying to figure out where to go). He was a very scary guy. I had nightmares about him for years (until I married my second ex-hubby).

edit to make it clear I wasn't the one leaving death threats on my own phone at work.
Last edited by bookishbunny on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:58 pm UTC

Plamo wrote:
Jacque wrote:I've never had any outward death threats. But I did end up on a hit list once.

Tell us more, please!
And, I think that counts as a death threat. Or at least, it's close enough to one that no-one cares.

I dunno how it really happened but I managed to get on this kid's hit list. He was a strange fellow, always wore camouflage pants to school, was pretty unhygienic, and just drew a lot of negative attention. I never really spoke to him.

After kids found out he had a list they'd go up to him and ask if they were on his list. That was kinda funny. He never got in trouble with the administration though as far as I know. He shipped off to Army basic right after graduation.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

Err, I was in a water fight/glass related accident with a guy and he got his arm cut up pretty bad (I was more or less unscathed)(though he also healed up perfectly well aswell, just ble quite a bit), he then later emailed me with some form of threat, not SURE if it was death or not. No I think not.

Also I got threatened by a "ghetot gal" since I knew she had been messing around with a guy and she didn't want anyone to know (so if I told anyone, which I had...)

Err, I think that's it.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:51 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:the whole world is full of gutless pussies trying to make themselves feel tough.

yep.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 pm UTC

Rather the pussies threaten to kill me than the ones that would go through with it.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:31 pm UTC

It occurs to me that the ones that would go through with it probably wouldn't spend a bunch of time telling you about it beforehand.

bookishbunny

Postby bookishbunny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:40 pm UTC

lukkucairi wrote:It occurs to me that the ones that would go through with it probably wouldn't spend a bunch of time telling you about it beforehand.

Not necessarily. That's why being stalked is so scary. There are instances where the person being followed and harassed is killed. In my own case, my ex was a very violent man. I have no doubt I would not be alive today if I didn't leave him. I also believe he would have carried out his threat against me given the right circumstances (usually involving alcohol, his favorite excuse for anything).
~Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:04 pm UTC

bookishbunny wrote:Not necessarily.

True...I'm conflating the intent to kill someone with the intent to terrorize someone.

Just because someone terrorizes you doesn't mean they wouldn't kill you. However if their sole intent was to cease your life, they wouldn't bother with a terror campaign.

Stalkers don't want you dead per se; they want to control you. Making you dead is certainly one way to control you, but not the only way.

Return to “General”