Message appears in nonsensical sentences on here .....

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Moonbeam

Message appears in nonsensical sentences on here .....

Postby Moonbeam » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:49 pm UTC

I posted a thread earlier about my laptop and when I read it, noticed that it's not what I wrote - words have been replaced to make it sound like some 13 year old kid from the slums has written it. My (m y ) has been replaced with me, as well as lots of other examples ... any idea what's going on please ??

EDIT - is it just me, 'cos this thread is all gobbledygook as well >.<

SlyReaper
inflatable

Re: Message appears in nonsensical sentences pon here .....

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:10 pm UTC

This happens every year. Something to do with the alignment of planets and the rising of the moon.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm UTC

See: this or this the global announcement or screwifying list in General. Lasts approximately seven days. Returns to normal afterwards.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

cphite

Postby cphite » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm UTC

Moonbeam wrote:I posted a tread earlier about me laptop an' when I read it, noticed dat it no wa I wrote - word dem done be replaced to mek it sound like some 13 year old kid from de slums has written it. me (m y ) has been replaced wid me, as well as lots ah udder examples ... any idea wa's a go pon please ??

EDIT - y be just me, 'cos dis tread be all gobbledygook as well >.<

The folks who run the forums are apparently amused by this, so they do it every year. After about a week it goes back to normal.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:10 am UTC

Yup. In return for freely donating their time to deal with all the shitbirds on the forum, the mods get to have some fun every once in a while with wordfilters. It's fun for most of the posters too, though some people get rather annoyed. (Just sit back and enjoy it, or leave for a week. Complaints get you temp-banned until it's over.)
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:49 am UTC

The funny thing is this has happened every year since 2009, but you've (in?)conveniently not been around for that part of any of the last 5 years, apparently.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Moonbeam

Postby Moonbeam » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:27 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:de funny ting be dis has happened every year since 2009, but you (in?)conveniently no been around for dat part ah any ah de last 5 years, apparently.

I don't post much, but I'm on here lurking most days .... strange how I've never noticed it before >.<

Dopefish

Re: Message appears in nonsensical sentences on here .....

Postby Dopefish » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 am UTC

Certain parts of the forum it's hard to tell the difference. Ranging from the obvious one, to the basically elephant themed ones.

I actually found this years seemed to be relatively tame, as things were still maybe understandable at the end. Then again, I think I said similarly last year. Still, it could be worse(/better? hard to tell).

Return to “The Help Desk”