Foobar 2k

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Frh

Foobar 2k

Postby Frh » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:07 am UTC

Hi,

I have been searching for a music player which can handle .flac, is fine with large numbers of songs (~30k) and can help organise / tag my music collection. All this has lead me to foobar2k - however, the initial UI is shockingly bad, and there do not appear to be any guides on simple newbie UIs (unless you want to spend a day coding your own). Am I being stupid, and there are loads? If not, can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Frh

mrbaggins

Re: Foobar 2k

Postby mrbaggins » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:58 pm UTC

Mozilla's Songbird can handle flac, and manages my 22,000 songs over a wireless network reasonably well. I realise it doesn't solve your immediate problem with Foobar, but may be an easy way out.
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

Ran4

Postby Ran4 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

Using columns UI:

Lyrics show might be an addon (I don't know), just ignore it if you don't have it (our google to find the plugin).

defaultusername

Postby defaultusername » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm UTC

Uh... I don't have the columns UI sub-menu. Seems unlikely the entire thing is an addon, but how exactly would I enable it?

Edit: No, the entire thing is an addon. Availeble here. I don't particularly like it.
Because phlogiston.

Return to “The Help Desk”