Designing Car Audio System

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Ventanator

Designing Car Audio System

Postby Ventanator » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm UTC

Okay, here goes. I'm getting a sound system for my truck soon, and I need suggestions. I already have a head unit and component speakers from my car, but that's it. Here is what I want:

A system that sounds good.

Bass that is nice, but I don't have to ''beat down the block.'' Being able to when I want to would be nice, but as long as it sounds good that doesn't really matter.

Preferably under $300. Like I said, I already have a head unit and four component speakers that will work just fine. I forget their specifications though, so I won't be able to do much there. Really, all I need are the subwoofers, the box, an amp, and whatever else you need for a good sounding system. My budget can stretch to around $500, but I would really rather it not.

I listen mostly to heavy rock, lots of classic rock and metal, and a good bit of stuff like the Beatles. Not much rap, but it does come up on shuffle occasionally. Like I said, I don't want a system that will win competitions or be heard from a mile away, I just want one that will sound good. I like to feel the music.

Also, and I don't really know that this is important, but it's for a 2003 Ford F-150 4 door truck.

Anyway, what are your suggestions? Here is what I was looking at https://secure.cardiscountstereos.com/c ... em?additem

joeframbach

Re: Designing Car Audio System

Postby joeframbach » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

I suggest listening to your environment as to more capably react to road and traffic conditions.

Return to “The Help Desk”