Helvetica font problems in Windows 7

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Helvetica font problems in Windows 7

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 am UTC

I recently installed Windows 7 on one of my laptops, and since, I've been having problems with websites trying to display the Helvetica font.

First of all, I'm fully aware that Windows does not ship with the Helvetica font. However, for some reason, Microsoft Office shows that it's installed and websites are trying to use it. However, the font displayed in both Microsoft Office and in all of my browsers is not Helvetica. what's being displayed is shown in the following screenshots (click to enlarge):

Image Image

I'd like to find whatever font Windows thinks is Helvetica and delete it, so that websites that are trying to use it would just default to Arial or whatever sans-serif font each website drops to next, but I cannot find anything even remotely referencing Helvetica in C:\Windows\Fonts.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

RahulKolasseri

Re: Helvetica font problems in Windows 7

Postby RahulKolasseri » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:42 am UTC

How about downloading Helvetica and dropping into the fonts folder?
Xeio wrote:Small amounts of cancer are definately worth the awesome.

Return to “The Help Desk”