iPhone 4 Screen Crack

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

big boss

iPhone 4 Screen Crack

Postby big boss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 am UTC

My iPhone 4 cdma (Verizon) screen cracked, it still functions properly it just has the spiderweb look to it. I've been doing some research and apparently it can cost up to $199 to get it fixed at an apple store. I looked around online and found that I could buy the parts for around $50 (some sites sell it for $149 so I'm not sure if the site that sells it for $50 is shitty or not) and fix it myself, however I'm worried I'll completely ruin the phone when I inevitably mess up. Being without my phone for a week is pretty much out of the question so I don't want to send it to a 3rd party repair shop. Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the front screen or is their some super secret magic word to say to the so called "geniuses" at apple to get a discount?
"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothing but the Rain."

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: iPhone 4 Screen Crack

Postby Steax » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 am UTC

Come to the apple place looking honestly sorry and sometimes they'll give you a new one entirely for free.

It's really kind of luck to see if they'll do it for free or not. It'll be either free or $199, apparently.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Return to “The Help Desk”