Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Therian Saga

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:08 pm UTC

I dumped my old Xiru 33 (Assembly) in the Guild Vault.

Because I made a 50. I've got the parts to make another one and I'll be doing so relatively soon. If anyone in the guild is interested, I'll match the jackass selling one for 50. Otherwise, I'm putting it on the market for 70.

CorruptUser wrote:But I look so sexy in leather!
That's what the Civil tab is for.

Also, if you don't use your civil tab, I judge you.

*judges so hard you don't even know*
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:That's what the Civil tab is for.

Also, if you don't use your civil tab, I judge you.

*judges so hard you don't even know*

I find the civil tab kind of annoying because I often switch clothing (depending on terrain) and just opening your back and clicking equip just throws it into the stupid civil tab if its open. I still use it of course since you gotta look good and all (stupid 1 hour and expensive components per dye for clothing). It's just a little obnoxious to use.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:41 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Also, if you don't use your civil tab, I judge you.
Game needs umbrellas and top hats before I'll bother.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:19 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I dumped my old Xiru 33 (Assembly) in the Guild Vault.

Because I made a 50. I've got the parts to make another one and I'll be doing so relatively soon. If anyone in the guild is interested, I'll match the jackass selling one for 50. Otherwise, I'm putting it on the market for 70.

I am interested indeed.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 pm UTC

Something I noticed about followers, not sure if some else did. The followers only need to not gather stuff when you complete a task in order to check if they level up. Eg, your laborers can mine marl in the quarry north of hawkoria while you mine limestone, as long as you turn off the collection before you finish a stone they can level.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:37 pm UTC

Yes, alas that is quite hard to exploit since you work faster than them.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 pm UTC

You don't have to work, you can sleep a bit first. And you don't have to harvest the same thing; you can gather something high while they gather cheAp junk.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 am UTC

I just pulled a Sair statuette.

So, if anyone is interested in a 50 Sair Idol (Mechanical) ... 200 gold. Otherwise... man, I don't know. 250 gold would be neat, having it would be neat.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:02 am UTC

I'd say go with the gold, buy bc to make your life easier, then try to pull another one to keep. I've spent maybe 500g on bc so far, and it does make things more convenient.

You'd have to save 200(or 250) in gold from using lower end blades/etc to make it worthwhile having one. That is an incredibly large number of blades. The only other use I know of is for cutting really high mech resist wood such as gurdismo, so if you're not having to do that for some reason.... (note, this from woodworkers perspective, I think other trades use mech str as well, but the principle is the same)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 am UTC

Sure, my tanning uses it. It'd be neat to only use tin or copper blades on the harder stuff.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:44 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Sure, my tanning uses it. It'd be neat to only use tin or copper blades on the harder stuff.

How many bronze/iron blades do you need to save before you make up 200-250g?

You should sell it if that's all you foresee using it for in the forseeable future.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 am UTC

Agreed on selling it. Until you're cutting/making things out of gurdismo, wyvern leather, simblior or cutting up dead chimeras, there isn't a NEED for a 50 sair idol. A much cheaper sair idol + talisman should get you more than enough strength to cut things with copper or even tin blades. And even if you do occasionally need better blades, HQ steel blades cost essentially 20s each. If you're doing the bear meat turn in you also get tons of spare odiemel/eliandel blades too which can be used for those smaller, high resistance projects.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm UTC

...and since I just pulled another, I'll also be selling the second one.

Grop - I'll get that Xiru idol sent to you relatively soon, probably later today.

And because I didn't respond earlier..

Izawwlgood wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Also, if you don't use your civil tab, I judge you.
Game needs umbrellas and top hats before I'll bother.

... you make a point.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:29 pm UTC

So likely test realm up on Monday. Only in french though since making two test servers is apparently a bit too time consuming at the moment. I guess I'll see what it takes to copy a character over and do some searching in Nostria to see what kinda fancy new places/resources open up. Right after an expansion is always the best time to make money if you can find niches people aren't exploiting.

Grop

Postby Grop » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:54 pm UTC

If someone gets some dead walheins, I am quite interested because butchering them would help me level hunting. And maybe butcher these chimeras.

(I can still progress from butchering dead warthogs, but diff is 45 and I don't think I can get to cut diff 56 chimeras from that).

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

Dead walheins come from the boat trip in Maliken like the oceanite and melandrin.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 am UTC

Grop wrote:If someone gets some dead walheins, I am quite interested because butchering them would help me level hunting. And maybe butcher these chimeras.

(I can still progress from butchering dead warthogs, but diff is 45 and I don't think I can get to cut diff 56 chimeras from that).

If you can provide the blades and I get the end products I got 18 for you.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:03 am UTC

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:
Grop wrote:If someone gets some dead walheins, I am quite interested because butchering them would help me level hunting. And maybe butcher these chimeras.

What is their mecha resistance? But I think that is probably worth it.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 pm UTC

Grop wrote:
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:

What is their mecha resistance? But I think that is probably worth it.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:24 pm UTC

Clearly worth it.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:52 pm UTC

.... Wanna borrow a Sair 50 idol, Grop?

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm UTC

I bought one from Minerva a few weeks ago, otherwise I would have contacted you on this topic. Because I am cutting some hard stuff now (in that case I will probably use some steel blades). Thanks for your offer.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:30 am UTC

Grop wrote:Clearly worth it.

So we doing this? Who do I send it to?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:14 am UTC

Grop = Chance

Grop

Postby Grop » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 am UTC

Yes!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm UTC

Deva, your gauntlets will be ready tomorrow morning.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:36 am UTC

Izzy, I sent you two Eli ingots as an alt, for an awl and pliers. No rush at all on that, just wanting to state it here as well, in case you think there's an insane Max- named person out there who is... working to my benefit.

For insidious reasons.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:46 am UTC

So I can cut any stone stuff on my main now, including the stupid high mechanical resistance simblior (though it takes steel chisels). I guess I will get to work on the extracting of oceanite at some point soonish. They said it would be this evening for the test server. Hopefully they'll manage to get the english server copied over there so we can get a bit of a peek at what's to come. Really, first things to take a look at when Nostria comes out is if currently scarce resources are more easily accessible there. The key ones I feel would be:

Azulio logs/planks: Mimicons boss drop only
Nocturial leather: Wyvernus boss drop only
Wingu Fabric/Fiber: Fabric only from turn in at sword cape. Fiber unobtainable and would make by far the strongest bowstrings out there
Solardran Fabric recipe: The fibers currently drop but can't be turned into fabric due to no recipe
Krya: Only from Den vertical mine currently via kryanite clusters. If the nuggets are obtainable somewhere else it would save us a TON of time and resources.
Volcanite lumps/recipe: The lumps currently have a VERY low drop rate in tarsinith lab. There is no recipe to cut them into blocks. I suspect the lumps will be obtainable in behemoth gorge since we have a key to it now (if you finished the appropriate den questline) but it currently does nothing. Note the lumps require 100 blades to cut...and likely domane blades due to the high mechanical resistance.
Volrizier sand/glass: Should come hand in hand with the above since it comes from volcanite sand. Again no recipe exists and the thermal resistance probably means you need something absurd like thundercoal to melt it into glass.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:22 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Volrizier sand/glass: Should come hand in hand with the above since it comes from volcanite sand. Again no recipe exists and the thermal resistance probably means you need something absurd like thundercoal to melt it into glass.

Actually you should be able to throw gurdismo charcoal at it. Takes coke to burn it into charcoal in the first place, but 100% doable and reliably (quickly) supplied.

e: Gurdismo charcoal has something like 79 thermal strength.

another edit: Volriziar should be possible with coke (45 strength) with a 45+ mill, 50 idol, 12 T3, and talisman.

Grop

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm UTC

Harmless tree, the butchering of these walheins is queued but I forgot to note your nick when you sent them (and deleted your mail, I do that sometimes :o).

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:34 pm UTC

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:Actually you should be able to throw gurdismo charcoal at it. Takes coke to burn it into charcoal in the first place, but 100% doable and reliably (quickly) supplied.

another edit: Volriziar should be possible with coke (45 strength) with a 45+ mill, 50 idol, 12 T3, and talisman.

Ah well thats easy enough then. The high furnace in a metallurgical factory gives a fairly big boost to thermal strength too. Not sure if you can reduce it to anthracite, but coke will definitely do. Now here's hoping you can get the sand from extracting the volcanite and not just from cutting volcanite lumps :P

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:58 pm UTC

Grop wrote:Harmless tree, the butchering of these walheins is queued but I forgot to note your nick when you sent them (and deleted your mail, I do that sometimes :o).

Eh, just ship it to any of the TREE accounts and he'll figure it out.

:P

Grop

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 pm UTC

Will send that to JUST_ANY_TREE (whoever wants the stuff creates the character, if name is free).

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:39 pm UTC

Chen wrote:
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:Actually you should be able to throw gurdismo charcoal at it. Takes coke to burn it into charcoal in the first place, but 100% doable and reliably (quickly) supplied.

Ah well thats easy enough then. The high furnace in a metallurgical factory gives a fairly big boost to thermal strength too. Not sure if you can reduce it to anthracite, but coke will definitely do. Now here's hoping you can get the sand from extracting the volcanite and not just from cutting volcanite lumps :P

No, you get no 'power' while creating charcoal. You have to use coke to process gurdismo.

e: Oh yes the volriziar yes well, good luck.

Grop wrote:Harmless tree, the butchering of these walheins is queued but I forgot to note your nick when you sent them (and deleted your mail, I do that sometimes :o).

TREE_ANGRY will do.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:24 am UTC

Bought 100 crowns. Enjoy the extra 50 deva :P

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:47 am UTC

So it seems like only Teasan gets the test server... and we'd have to create a new account to even access it.
Looks like we don't get an early peek at Norstria...

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:33 am UTC

Yeah. I guess reading the french forums will have to do for now. Knowing WHERE the new places are in Nostria is going to be a bit annoying, though I guess the exploration radius is pretty big. I imagine just checking what kind of stuff is available in each zone should go pretty quick. Finding the locations where certain things can be gathered will be more difficult.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:38 pm UTC

It's taking a while, but my alts are nearly set up. Need around 200g to properly finish the job; my smith needs 1k tin/copper ingots to just mass manufacture blades/chisels, my herbalists will need 500 ampoules once the slaves harvest 500 hawkweeds and junk, my artisan needs a bunch of salt tannin, etc. But that'll come quickly, and until then I can make do with the ingots occasionally bought from Teason or smelted from my slaves' nuggets, or just prospect them myself. My other characters are fine enough; herbalists only need ampoules, my woodsman gets all the bodies she needs from the companions, etcetera. I'd only chop up hares but my artisan needs decent furs for leather making...

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:16 pm UTC

You probably won't need that many ampoules. You only really need them for increasing skill until you can make vials. Its very rare you'll do anything with an ampoule instead of a vial once your skill is high enough.

Also I'm not sure if mining copper/tin is worthwhile. I suspect if you can mine iron you should just sell iron nuggets instead (since they're used for steel), and buy the copper/tin ingots you want. Same with a forester. Harvest maple logs and sell them to buy the soft leather or whatnot you need. Again maple is used for steel so sells pretty decently. The very low end stuff is really only worth gathering when you're trying to gain skill. Some lower level things have exceptions (hare, bovine and boar meat for festivals for example) and bear meat is also quite in demand for the turn in, in lanfar.

Speaking of festivals we do need some more meats and firewood to finish this next festival. I've thrown what I have in the guild bank (I think I covered all the boar meat this time) but we're still missing other stuff.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:51 pm UTC

How much bovine meat do we need? I have hundreds.

Also, do I have to make flasks or can I buy them? I'm currently making batches of 14/14 healing and 14/15 regen ampoules, for use by all my characters and for sale. Eg, I log on and my character didn't get his beauty sleep, slurp a regen and get to work. And they seem to sell pretty well, though I haven't shoved any in the market yet.

My wood guy's slaves are already set to harvest maples, though I'm using the logs for frames. My hunter's slaves are gathering aurochs (auroxen?). I plan to sell the leathers, not necessarily use them. Is there a better way to make money from my fashioner than leather selling? Perhaps selling cloth? Her slaves are gathering herbs, because fashioners don't get their own slaves.
Last edited by CorruptUser on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Gaming”