Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Chen

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:58 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Wouldn't it be optimal to move the factory to the giant plains quarry? I think we discussed doing that in the past?

It seems one directly in the Den requires something absurd like 2000 oceanite blocks, I think it might be a good idea. We can't move our current factory though. The giant plains one needs a new high furnace. And a shitton of sandstone. And a quarry for Sandstone monoliths. Still we can work on this separately from out huge tree of things that are needed for the runic tools in the norstrian temple. If someone can update the google docs on what is needed for a giant plains metallurgical factory that would help. If no one knows I can try to figure it out when I get home.

Also, things are getting a tad crazy in terms of order that we need things done for that damnable temple. Here's whats needed (reverse order):

Norstrian temple: This requires 2 banquets done at a Castle (for the recipes), plus a shipyard and giantyard in Norstria to cut/assemble the pieces
Castle: Requires the Imperial banquet for recipes, Megalithic building site for the foundations (we have the other components already, shipyard and metal factory)
Imperial banquet: Needs 30 of each guild agreement (also produces guild inn recipe)
Megalithic building site: Requires Stone delegation
Stone delegation: requires 10 of 3 types of guild agreement and a Lanferite boulder
Lanferite boulder: Requires renaissance quarry and 58 extracting
58 extracting: Requires shortblades quarry and three brothers quarry (or borrowed skill/locations from another guild)

Notice here we can actually complete the imperial banquet without having the stone delegation done. I guess its something to consider what we should use our agreements on first. The banquet gives us the guild inn which can be used to raise leadership more, though apparently its very hard to hit the 50 comfort required for 3 of the 4 companions (the 50 prestige is much easier).

Drumheller769 wrote:So are there any low level mats that I can gather or make that would be of assistance? I can to tin/copper nuggets/bars, casserite and malachite nuggets, cedar and fir, and i can hunt rabbits and deer. I can also make bronze bars, and I can make copper/tin blades/chisels of varying quality.

If you look at the guild hall there are "Rhubular festival mandates". For each one of these we need 50 of boar/hare/cervid/bovine meant and 2000 firewood. I think there are 6 in the guild bank currently and I just refreshed the festival so our next 10 will come in 22 days. This festival is great for getting agreements so we need to always do these. The components are fairly low level so you could help out working on that (firewood especially since it requires so much).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm UTC

Out of curiosity why can't we dismantle the current factory?

I'm thinking that getting our top crafters kry tools where appropriate would be pretty useful. The new metal seems a ways off.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:18 pm UTC

Well we could dismantle our current factory. But the high furnace is like a building material and has land stats. Giant plains is 30 plains compared to our current 8 plains. The old furnace wouldn't work in a giant plains factory. So basically we need to start it from scratch by building a new high furnace (out of sandstone monoliths) and transporting it there, along with the 100 sandstone walls, 100 sandstone towers and I believe 100 acacia roofs. I suppose we could dismantle our first one for the machines back, but really the factory in the giant plains will be solely for cracking kryanite clusters into nuggets (which I think only you can do since we only had one of those recipes). We can use the factory in hawkoria for all our high crafting needs.

The new metal is worse for most tools anyways. In fact its worse than krya for most stuff I believe.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm UTC

Ah, I didn't realize the furnace had a land stat.

Whelp. That's a bummer.

I think the new metal's perk is it's high prestige, but I haven't looked at it terribly closely.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:13 pm UTC

Yeah it's something like that. Good for random machines and some random tools (horticulture I think).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 pm UTC

So how should we prioritize our new access to kry? Also, it's not exactly optimal, but it seems a bottleneck on transporting is Den access. Can we transport to a domain that's got nothing on it? If those of us with Den access can transport the clusters from the Den to an adjacent domain, someone with just Lanfar access can transport it back to the current factory.

Or we could just mine as many clusters as possible in anticipation for the Great Plains factory. Either way.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure how cluster smelting works. I don't need any more foundry ranks, so if someone wants to make bars, we should coordinate.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:24 pm UTC

I'll put the Giant plains domain right near the Den doors. That way we can transport the Krya there at minor cost (probably still about an hour though) and we can leave it in storage there until we build the new factory. If people really want the krya right away we'll need to put up a domain in loudthunder and they can transport it the long way to the factory. They can leave it at the factory but I'm pretty sure Jhalias (Izzy) is the only one with the recipe to change the cluster into nuggets. After that anyone can turn the nuggets into bars if they've discovered the recipe (my alt has one of them I know that).

So for domains I'll buy a Giant plains ones, a loudthunder one and one for silver mountains (thats where the sandstone monoliths are). Deva and Biliboy pretty much paid for the giant plains one already (thank you kindly) the total gold we'll need is 280g split among the remaining people. I can't check the list right now but it shouldn't be too much. I think we have at least 10-15 actual players in guild if not more. In any case, if you're low on actually money or whatever just send me a mail and we'll figure it out.

Anyone know where the best place for sandstone (just regular sandstone)? We'll need to put some alts on gathering that if we need thousands of blocks for this new factory.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:33 pm UTC

Silver mountains has the best sandstone rate. I can switch my stone alt to that instead of marapis if we decide that's something we want to do.
Also, I'm thinking we should prioritize the imperial inn over the stone delegation because although they're both needed for the temple, getting the inn up lets us recruit more companions (including one with higher urban than anything else).

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 pm UTC

jjl2357 wrote:Silver mountains has the best sandstone rate. I can switch my stone alt to that instead of marapis if we decide that's something we want to do.
Also, I'm thinking we should prioritize the imperial inn over the stone delegation because although they're both needed for the temple, getting the inn up lets us recruit more companions (including one with higher urban than anything else).

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. Doesn't really change much of what we're doing now (since it still just needs agreements). I think Fitz was cutting oak for the renaissance quarry. When you're done with what oak you have you can throw that into the renaissance domain, I'll throw the lanferite towers you made there too and we can pick that back up when we're getting close to the delegation. I'll start extracting sandstone on my alt and I'll run the numbers tonight on what we need exactly for that giant plains factory and the monolith quarry in Silver mountains. I think the difficulty there is quite low so we should be fine with basic materials (hopefully).

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:17 pm UTC

You should be able to construct parts of it out of maple or acacia (not the high furance itself). Not sure if it works out cheaper or quicker, but easier to get, perhaps.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm UTC

Deva and I were trying to figure out how transport works exactly. Given that the kry clusters are... 15...? each, does that mean you need 15 skill in transport to transport one cluster?

How difficult is it to get up to 30 xport? There are vehicles/oxen right?

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:29 pm UTC

Added Transportation to Amber, also. Started cutting some.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:33 pm UTC

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:You should be able to construct parts of it out of maple or acacia (not the high furance itself). Not sure if it works out cheaper or quicker, but easier to get, perhaps.

Unfortunately you can't. The metallurgical factory requires stone walls and stone towers specifically. Not any walls and any towers like other buildings do. Some realism perhaps where they don't want to put a super hot furnace into a wooden structure.

Izawwlgood wrote:Deva and I were trying to figure out how transport works exactly. Given that the kry clusters are... 15...? each, does that mean you need 15 skill in transport to transport one cluster?

How difficult is it to get up to 30 xport? There are vehicles/oxen right?

Transport is like any other skill. Its your total effective value that determines how much you can transport. The time it takes is constant but can be reduced using Horns. What's nice is that your searching skill affects transport. My current transport skill is at 30.5 ...60 searching, 1 transport :P

The transport tools are vehicles. I haven't learned the vehicle making thing yet (it's a guild task), but the annoying part of vehicles is that they also have encumberance. So you need to transport them back and forth if they are required. Transport location bonus is made by added the special infrastructure buildings to the place you're transporting FROM. So if we constantly transport to the Giant plains from the Den, we would only need to add the roads to the Den. Of course roads in the den are probably stupidly expensive to make. Finally you have companions. The hipporiel and chimera both have Transport skill (the T4 companions). Chimera has good combat skills (though Rowan in Norstria is a better one overall if you're in odi/dom harnois) and 30 base transport. The hipporiel has tons of high land skills, high taming and 50 transport base.

With a 4.0 gem you only need a total of 27.5 transport hero skill to be able to move a kryanite cluster, using no tools or roads or companions. Should be easy to do.
Last edited by Chen on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:41 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Deva and I were trying to figure out how transport works exactly. Given that the kry clusters are... 15...? each, does that mean you need 15 skill in transport to transport one cluster?

Yes

Izawwlgood wrote:How difficult is it to get up to 30 xport? There are vehicles/oxen right?

There are. Amber (and maybe ice tears?) also got transportation added to them recently.

Chen wrote:
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:You should be able to construct parts of it out of maple or acacia (not the high furance itself). Not sure if it works out cheaper or quicker, but easier to get, perhaps.

Unfortunately you can't. The metallurgical factory requires stone walls and stone towers specifically. Not any walls and any towers like other buildings do. Some realism perhaps where they don't want to put a super hot furnace into a wooden structure.

Boo.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

Well I'll train up some xport for moving these things. It looks like it takes forever to produce a single cluster. I'm not sure if Minerva has also chipped away at it, but I'm like 14 hrs in and looking at about 45% complete.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 am UTC

I need to finish recruiting a fire leader before I tackle the kryanite cluster (lol this is what happens when you level fashioning first...), but that should be within the next couple days.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 am UTC

Also, apparently no jewel mount boosts transportation... o.O

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 am UTC

Edit: Out of date. May still refer to the map for directions.

Wrote out steps to obtain (relatively) easy Urban and Cave. Occurs in Norstria. Rates it around or below Elisime in combat difficulty.
______

Requirements: 20 Sea, 30 Snow, 30 Exploration, Cerrydwen, 44 Urban, 33 Leadership, and about 100 gold (not exact).
Recommended companions: Sister-in-Arms (for Urban), Explorer (for Sea and decent Snow), and Norstrian Mountain Goat (for better Snow). May want Yraen instead of Norstrian Mountain Goat for non-blunt offense.

Tip: Improve Urban at Bolgatur Fortress and Snow at Starfield beforehand, if necessary.

Start at Maliken Harbor. Fork over seventy-five gold at the docks. Travel on the Runic Arrow. Let Cerrydwen handle all skill checks. Complete them yourself, if possible.

Explore at approximately (90, 288) for Halmvik. Go to the High Hobrad for "The Assassination of the Hedgehog" quest. Finds the upcoming skill checks in Halmvik.

Skill check: 42 Urban AND [32 Archeology + 4 gold OR 38 Exploration + 4 gold OR 35 Hunting]

Skill check: Pass four of the following:
- 40 Urban AND 30 Leadership
- 40 Urban AND 33 Leadership AND 4 gold
- 42 Urban AND 25 Leadership
- 44 Urban AND 33 Leadership AND 4 gold
- 45 Urban AND 40 Leadership
- 46 Urban AND 40 Leadership AND 5 gold
- 46 Urban AND 40 Leadership AND 3 gold

Turn it in. Get "Survey in the Lower Depths". Go to Builders' Road (in Halmvik). Accept "Help the Investigators?".

Skill check: Pass one of the following (no Urban on any):
- Cerrydwen + 8 gold
- 50 Leadership + 5 gold
- 40 Spying

Accept "The Entrance to the Lower Depths". Speak with Aeyoa LLywyn in the other tab for "About a Certain Key". Bounces around Halmvik next.

Steps: About a Certain Key -> Sign of the Bull (Builders’ Road) -> A Bull? (Travelers’ Hobrad) -> Sign of the Cuckoo (Lower Hobrad) -> Sign of the Dove (Silvery Hobrad).

Complete "About a Certain Key". Give that to Arancor Pelsomir one tab over for "The Entrance to the Lower Depths". Travel to Vernarson Farm. Consult the following map.
Lower Depths Map.png
(Added quest and gathering details too. Never passed #2's check. Cannot comment beyond this quest step.)

Go to Sculptures Park for Urban training. Seemed easiest. Finds Gargkulis Polaris there. Beware Snow Assassins. Noticed them most often on Paved Road. Reaches as high as 63 Urban skill. Note: Cannot (easily) gain Urban at the 70 Urban location.

Visit Mysterious Tunnel for Cave training. Encounters Gargkulis Polaris there also. Levels up to 73 Cave skill.

Monsters:
- Fugitive. Sample offenses: 27/34/27. Sample defenses: 42/39/38.
- Snow Assassin. Sample offenses: ?/47/?.
- Gargkulis Polaris. Sample offenses: 27/27/0. Sample defenses: 42/38/33
- Sleepwalker. Sample offenses: 48/0/0. Sample defenses: 50/53/20. Takes increased damage sometimes.
- Albino Wyvern. Sample offenses: 27/43/33. Sample defenses: 31/42/36.
- Praius Omnis (Rare). Sample offenses: 60/73/72. Sample defenses: 73/75/57. Intelligent. (Loot: Ancient Bone, Vision Vial, Kryanod Blade, Kryandel Blade)

______

Increased mountain without trouble also. Wander around Cape End-of-the-World. Wait for a Lost Soul encounter. Recalls offenses at roughly 2/9/15. Hits up to 55 Mountain.

Hopes to write a guide for gaining reputation eventually. Most common checks: Hunting, Engineering, and Commerce. (Disclaimer: Gathered no data.)
Last edited by Deva on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 am UTC

jjl2357 wrote:Also, apparently no jewel mount boosts transportation... o.O

I just posted that amber does.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 am UTC

You're a saint.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:30 am UTC

Found a rune recipe at (152,291) as loot.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 pm UTC

So no one freaks out, I moved all the Fashioning stuff from the guild hall into the Silver mountain (Sandstone boulder) domain. It was getting annoyed with how crowded the main hall was getting.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:37 pm UTC

First kry cluster finished!

Not sure what our gold demands are like right now, but it might be worth selling a few kry tools to raise money. I don't know what demand is like for said tools either.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 pm UTC

I think we have gold costs covered unless we're planning on buying the materials for our new forge (Sandstone is at almost 1g per block lol). I suggest making tools for yourselves first. I'll likely need a krya compasses for making the new furnace too, but that's a ways off.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 pm UTC

I don't have the recipe yet for a kryamane (whatever it's called: krya + domane) ingot, and probably have do make a few ingots of the other varieties first. I currently only know kryanod (krya + odimel) and kryadel (krya + eliandel). I'll look into the stats of those and see what they make for best tools? But the 5 ingot requiring kry+domane ingot for the blacksmith hammer is going to be brutal to acquire.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I don't have the recipe yet for a kryamane (whatever it's called: krya + domane) ingot, and probably have do make a few ingots of the other varieties first. I currently only know kryanod (krya + odimel) and kryadel (krya + eliandel). I'll look into the stats of those and see what they make for best tools? But the 5 ingot requiring kry+domane ingot for the blacksmith hammer is going to be brutal to acquire.

If the best tool was eliandel use the krya+eliandel one. If the best tool was blueroc...

It's quite simple.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I don't have the recipe yet for a kryamane (whatever it's called: krya + domane) ingot, and probably have do make a few ingots of the other varieties first. I currently only know kryanod (krya + odimel) and kryadel (krya + eliandel). I'll look into the stats of those and see what they make for best tools? But the 5 ingot requiring kry+domane ingot for the blacksmith hammer is going to be brutal to acquire.

All the recipes are discoverable. Best bet is to make blueroc ingots. That should give you the best chance of learning all the Krya recipes. Don't waste krya nuggets on a bar you won't use.

Do some math on the blacksmithing stuff. If you can make everything but the domane/X chest, the hammer alone probably won't get you there. I believe the forge is needed too.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:32 pm UTC

Chen wrote:All the recipes are discoverable. Best bet is to make blueroc ingots. That should give you the best chance of learning all the Krya recipes. Don't waste krya nuggets on a bar you won't use.
I wasn't sure if you needed to be doing kry level stuff to unlock the other kry ingots. I've made... a lot of blueroc ingots.

Chen wrote:Do some math on the blacksmithing stuff. If you can make everything but the domane/X chest, the hammer alone probably won't get you there. I believe the forge is needed too.
Yeah, when we were talking yesterday, I think with the kryamane hammer and a 5.6 potion, I'm about .5-.6 away from being able to do odi/dom chest/helm, but I'll have to double check that.
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE wrote:If the best tool was eliandel use the krya+eliandel one. If the best tool was blueroc...
I didn't realize the kry stuff was just 'original metal but better'. Which makes sense, and makes things easier to figure out.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:06 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I wasn't sure if you needed to be doing kry level stuff to unlock the other kry ingots. I've made... a lot of blueroc ingots.

Hmm maybe you do. I know my alt has only one of the recipes unlocked himself too. Usually its per category though not different divisions within a category.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 pm UTC

Standard discovery rules apply for krya. I have unlocked Kryandel Ingot from my copious smelting of odiemel, and as noted previously blueroc is good up to kryanod. Kryamane is the difficult part, really.

If anyone wants me to smelt some kryandel I will do it for free and even provide my own fuel - The reason for this, of course, is because I wanna unlock stuff, too :D

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 pm UTC

Ok so people with alts, don't quit the guild or anything in hopes of me adding other alts right now. Seems there's a bug that can screw with the total guild member cap after adding/removing people (it drops to showing 0/5 which means you can't add/move anyone else). Until that's resolved I'll only be removing people to try and add someone new if they are recruited. It doesn't seem consistent in how it occurs so I want to minimize the guild adding/removing actions until they figure out whats going on.

Both my main and my alt have their sandstone quarries up and running. That's 15 laborers working at sandstone and the alt. I'll take the alt off gathering tonight and have them start cutting the sandstone. The silver mountains quarry looks like it can be made with vendor frameworks (5 mountain), slate towers (10 mountain) and the cheapest derrick possible (5 mountain). This is 20/3 = 6.666 mountain which rounds to 7 which is exactly what is needed after the player's 1 strength. I've setup some commerce tasks during the day to get the pieces I need and will just buy/take out of guild storage the rest (things like soft leather, tin ingots etc). If people could do some more expansions on the silver mountains domain it'd be appreciated. Its quicker (100 per expansion) so it shouldn't need too many.

Also, FYI, a swordsman companion actually has a base 10 sea skill. So if you're missing a few points to get to Nostria you can use that instead of an explorer if you don't have one already.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm UTC

Left the semi-decent foundry in the workshop warehouse, whoever needed that. It'll be a while before I am able to make the high end engineering stuff, but until then the guild now has a backup engineer :D.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:16 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Left the semi-decent foundry in the workshop warehouse, whoever needed that. It'll be a while before I am able to make the high end engineering stuff, but until then the guild now has a backup engineer :D.

I might grab it if its still there in a couple days, working on getting an alt into the den and able to mine krya unfortunately I don't see a way to do it without leveling up foundry it seems.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Left the semi-decent foundry in the workshop warehouse, whoever needed that. It'll be a while before I am able to make the high end engineering stuff, but until then the guild now has a backup engineer :D.

Once you get access to the Den you can take two of the megamachine recipes out of there to learn (Derrick and Big hoist). Save you about 60g in buying them from the vendors.

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:19 am UTC

Does anyone want +6.7 Masonry potions? Brewed them for leveling. Saw no better options.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 am UTC

Masonry stuff is currently pretty easy, maybe if we ever needed to make oceanite towers or something nuts like that, if you really need to dump them I'd be willing to hold on to a couple.

If anyone is or has an alt making healing pots, 20/5 or better, I could really use some, mail me in game to work out details or just cod me.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 am UTC

Can confirm most masonry is ridiculous easy. Consider holding onto them for your norstrian temple, if you ever summon the courage to tackle that beast.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:30 am UTC

I took the 50 hemp cables that were in storage to build the monolith quarry for the Silver mountains domain. We'll need another 50 of them for the renaissance quarry when we're ready to put that up.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 am UTC

I'm back from walkabout and crafting the shipyard outpost. Should be done sometime tomorrow evening (faster if someone can get 2 expansions done tonight) I saw that we need oak frameworks so it'll be nice to be able to put foresters on oak at the shipyard now. I've also made 7 oak frameworks with planks I had on hand already, so add that to the total (haven't dropped them off yet)

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 am UTC

Ive been chopping down oak trees at the shipyard if anyone needs them.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

Return to “Gaming”