Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Grop

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:23 pm UTC

Biliboy wrote:I'm back from walkabout and crafting the shipyard outpost. Should be done sometime tomorrow evening (faster if someone can get 2 expansions done tonight) I saw that we need oak frameworks so it'll be nice to be able to put foresters on oak at the shipyard now.

How much free space is needed? Is it 500? Morlet has one expanding task in progress (no energy left).

(Also I just noticed I can reach that 45 prospection at kryanite mine if I use a cheap potion).

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:57 pm UTC

500 free space total, at 100 per expansion. I'll sic my alt on the last one.

Drumheller769 wrote:Ive been chopping down oak trees at the shipyard if anyone needs them.

If you can cut them to planks, or better yet make oak frameworks from them, that'd be awesome, if not, just leave them in the vault and someone will cut them. I should have 5-6 gatherers on oak after the outpost finishes later today.

I had my alt make me an odemiel axe, as an upgrade from my steel axe and also to get her some skillups. I made a solone handle because reasons and it added one mechanical strength more than a cedar handle, does that mean handles have an affect now, or is this an old mechanic?

In other news, I've discovered how to make something called 'Noble Furniture' It seems to be an upgrade of knock-down furniture used in the outpost (not sure if exact replacement)

It uses 500 planks, 50 bedding (!), 100 trim and 10 blades. Crafting difficulty for the complex version is 64. I'm getting a bedding so I can get some rough stats to report.

*edit* With nuert planks, linen bedding and doctarius trim, stats are 5 leadership, 29 comfort, and 5 prestige. Changing to brodamine trim reduces prestige to 4.

*edit the 2nd* As comparison, a nuert/wool knockdown furniture is 7 leadership and 21 comfort. I think perhaps the noble furniture goes into some other building, as the outpost specifies 'knockdown furniture' Perhaps the castle?

*edit the 3rd* Chat says mansion.
Last edited by Biliboy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Grop

Postby Grop » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:08 pm UTC

Biliboy wrote:I had my alt make me an odemiel axe, as an upgrade from my steel axe and also to get her some skillups. I made a solone handle because reasons and it added one mechanical strength more than a cedar handle, does that mean handles have an affect now, or is this an old mechanic?

I don't think that is a well-known feature; however since most people use their tool along with an idol (of higher strength), this extra strength isn't very useful.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:25 pm UTC

It's a known feature, it's just not typically worthwhile. As you said, idols and such add so much more people don't really care.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:08 am UTC

I've got 22 hemp cables queued, so.. there's that. And it'll start rolling in 12 hours.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

To forge odi/dom armet/chest we definitely need a snazzier forge. With a kry hammer and a 6.3 potion, I'm still 1.5 pts away from being able to do it. Yeah. I think we should strongly consider gunning for that azu/noctu/oceanite forge.

And I should figure out how schools work :(

With the above forge, and a kry hammer, I'm at >66, so can make odi/dom armets with a +6 potion, which will also train me quite well, since my unmodified score is 75 presently.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

Bases it off of average land stat.

Vendor Wall + Oak Thatch (or likely Oak Slate/Shingle) Roof + Marapis Vault + Marapis Fortification + Marapis Foundation = 43 Teaching School. Suffices for Autocrat.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 pm UTC

personal opinion, if you are going to bother building a school, just get it over with and build the academy or whatever it is so you can balm the boar.

Chen

Postby Chen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

An academy to balm a boar is ridiculously expensive since it needs palpable and lithosnow parts.

An academy to balm anything but a boar's slashing is much more reasonable:
Marapis Dome
Marapidos Glass Dome
Slate Tower
Marapis Fortification
Linen Wall of Cloth (vendor)
Fir Framework (vendor)
Fir Foundation (vendor)

That gives 54 which covers everything but that boar's slashing and piercing offense.

As for wanting that forge, well people get to killing wyvernus and mimicons then. Else its ~150-200g per azulio plank and 400-500g per nocturial leather.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:12 pm UTC

For future reference, from the therian forums (Leska)
for 10x tasks. and it's for Norstrian domains
2000 Speckled Whitefish
500 Freshwater Julian
500 Guardian Snapper
500 Mostel
500 Amenasu
50 Cavernotruc
2000 Oak Log
2000 Nuert Log
500 Gurdismo Log
500 Salandrin Log
200 Melandrin Log

mansion is part of castle's festival, 30 of each agreements

Stuff we'll need for mansion

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:48 pm UTC

Chen wrote:An academy to balm a boar is ridiculously expensive since it needs palpable and lithosnow parts.

An academy to balm anything but a boar's slashing is much more reasonable:
Marapis Dome
Marapidos Glass Dome
Slate Tower
Marapis Fortification
Linen Wall of Cloth (vendor)
Fir Framework (vendor)
Fir Foundation (vendor)

That gives 54 which covers everything but that boar's slashing and piercing offense.

As for wanting that forge, well people get to killing wyvernus and mimicons then. Else its ~150-200g per azulio plank and 400-500g per nocturial leather.

If you wait a bit, azulio will be crashing shortly.

Nocturial, however, seems to still be wyvern-only.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm UTC

Yes a academy for a boar is more expensive but to me its silly to waste all those resources and money to build an academy and not have it do the boar.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:29 am UTC

Biliboy wrote:For future reference, from the therian forums (Leska)
for 10x tasks. and it's for Norstrian domains
2000 Speckled Whitefish
500 Freshwater Julian
500 Guardian Snapper
500 Mostel
500 Amenasu
50 Cavernotruc
2000 Oak Log
2000 Nuert Log
500 Gurdismo Log
500 Salandrin Log
200 Melandrin Log

mansion is part of castle's festival, 30 of each agreements

Stuff we'll need for mansion

That list is the stuff required for the Norstrian domains and the Norstrain walls and foundations recipe.

The mansion plans come from the imperial banquet which is "just" 30 of each agreement.

Azulio's price will drop next week once people can finish Caleron's quests and get the recipe to cut it, since you can get the logs from commerce in Norstria. Not sure giw common a drop it is from the random commerce turn ins though.

As to the academy, the pieces I listed are quite cheap compared to an academy thats able to balm a boar. You will only lose a couple of slate towers and I think one or two marapis fortifications anyways when you take the lower academy apart. Plus the vendor stuff but thats a pittance. Waiting to balm your T4s until you can build that carzy palpable academy is silly. Not to mention getting the conponents for a slashing balm for a boar is not easy either (blood of the silent and kraken tentacles).

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:05 am UTC

Accessed Flora/Fauna Bracelets. Offers them for fifteen gold. Accepts materials too (Small Uncut Unicorn's Tear, Blueroc, Borm/Salandrin, and Gurdismo/Diorite). Results in 4.7 Botany, 4.8 Horticulture, 4.8 Herbalism, 4.7 Hunting, and 4.7 Taming.

Started to focus on Spying. Will work on Academic Agreements. Noted better yields from Halmvik.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 am UTC

Send me a taming one. That'll help when i finally get around to taming again.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:03 am UTC

I want one deva, Ill send them gem.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 pm UTC

So commerce in Halmvik actually has decent yields compared to other "Trade in location" actions. The real shiner appears to be the Norstrian materials you can get. I ran about 5 of the actions and got some Norstrian plants various higher end blocks/nuggets and such. The real notable piece was 2 jutug fibers (two separate trades) which, from what Deva said, are a huge pain in the ass to get otherwise. I didn't get any Azulio logs yet though.

Also, Deva, is it possible to get the taming on the unicorn bracelet up to 4.9? I ran the calculation and to hit 60 (for forest wyvern) you NEED a 4.9 bracelet otherwise you need the T4 Hipporiel companion. (59 hero + 53 whip + 48 companion +4.9 jewel + 6.0 potion = 60 exactly). Also annoyingly the Hipporage (which has 48 base blunt attack which is very good) needs 60 galandrite ore to tame. The only way to obtain said ore is apparently via commerce random trades right now, since its impossible without volcanite vaults to make a mine in the 50 mountain area.

On a combat note it looks like the best team will be something like: 2 Boars, 1 Hipporage, 1 Forest Wyvern. This leaves you with 7 authority free (with a den inn), which means you can hold Yraen and Cerry too as backups, or have some companions gathering. Once you have a mansion available you can add Rowan to this too for an alternate 68 piercing attack character with a bunch of useful other skills too. Only flaw with the tamed creatures is that you currently can't balm them. Hopefully they'll change that at some point because considering the cost to tame these new companions getting a -3 one would be a disaster.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Also, Deva, is it possible to get the taming on the unicorn bracelet up to 4.9? I ran the calculation and to hit 60 (for forest wyvern) you NEED a 4.9 bracelet otherwise you need the T4 Hipporiel companion. (59 hero + 53 whip + 48 companion +4.9 jewel + 6.0 potion = 60 exactly). Also annoyingly the Hipporage (which has 48 base blunt attack which is very good) needs 60 galandrite ore to tame. The only way to obtain said ore is apparently via commerce random trades right now, since its impossible without volcanite vaults to make a mine in the 50 mountain area.

No. Should reach 4.8 with Galandor and Volrizier. Requires 60+ Finesse for 4.9. May be possible with new gem cuts. Do not hold your breath, however. Needs 40 Aristocracy (and likely higher Jewelry than possible for four carat). Goldnester Lankarian with Simblior Trims + Young Lord (Mansion Companion) = (70 * .4) + (40 * .3) = 40.

(Could eke out 0.8 more from clothes and 10/20 from Stone-sage/Hipporiel. Will not do the latter.)

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Yeah ok it seems unreasonable to get the Wyvern without the Hipporiel then. Maybe a runic whip, but that's a long way out. Guess I'll content myself to doing enough commerce to get the galandrite and just aim for taming the Hipporage. Depending on the rates for galandrite ore that might be unfeasible too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

For what it's worth, I should have those hemp cables finished by tomorrow.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:41 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:For what it's worth, I should have those hemp cables finished by tomorrow.

Oh excellent. I can just buy the necessary steel ingots then and I think we have most of the stuff for the renaissance quarry. We do need some people expanding that domain though (1000 space needed). We'll also need to expand the Giant plains domain to 6000 space which is going to take a pretty long while unfortunately. When I'm finished the harnois seminars on my metal alt I will set him to domain expansion for all his free time.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:42 pm UTC

Until my woodworker finishes all the frames and other junk my smith/fashion alts are just making plates. Not really getting any more skill at this point, if you want I can have them expand the domains too.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 pm UTC

Everyone will likely need to pitch in at least a few actions to the expansion of the giant plains domain. It requires 6000 space for a new metallurgical factory. I believe it expands at 33 space per action. So that's literally hundreds of hours of expanding that is necessary.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 pm UTC

Chen wrote:The only way to obtain said ore is apparently via commerce random trades right now, since its impossible without volcanite vaults to make a mine in the 50 mountain area.

Unless the guide is missing something volcanite still isn't mineable, drops only and the only place I know of that drops volcanite is rare drops from tarsinith lab and those are lumps. Also I'm not sure that its possible to learn how to make the lumps into blocks xuran is a 51 difficulty block, volcanite is a 67. I'm quite certain someone at Verity's just hates rocks.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Everyone will likely need to pitch in at least a few actions to the expansion of the giant plains domain. It requires 6000 space for a new metallurgical factory. I believe it expands at 33 space per action. So that's literally hundreds of hours of expanding that is necessary.

Cool, i think we almost have all 5 of the sandstone boulders, I start my 3 day work period tomorrow, I can set fitz to expanding giant plains for a while, anyone got some good regen pots?

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 pm UTC

Holy carp. Tuned Lower Depths higher. Increased Albino Wyvern's Piercing Offense by about 30 (to 70). Boosted defenses about twenty each.

Edit: Fugitives: +10 offenses
Sleepwalkers: +20 offenses, + 10 defenses. Killed that farming spot.
Gargkulis Polaris: Same

Edit2: And Troglowolf. Presumes others too.

Added Galandor Nuggets to Vinnerson at 40.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 pm UTC

So essentially made it easy for first explorers and now its up'd the difficulty for everyone else.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 pm UTC

Appears so. Shifted difficulty from "about Elisime Ruins to just past Ice Laboratory" to "Ice Laboratory and up". Struggles to reach 60 Forest (and a skill check) with 50-60 offense creatures lurking.

May have reduced Mud Elemental drops. Possesses less experience with them, however. Kept their stats constant.

Edit: Should be able to acquire a concession through Jotungar still. Assumes no harder skill checks. Depends how easily you reach 42 Snow, 50 Mountain, 45 Forest, and 50 Exploration. Ought to check Lost Souls for Mountain again.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:20 pm UTC

I still wont step foot in nostria till I have wingu. Last thing I want is to be defeated by skill checks.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:31 pm UTC

Yeah the zombies are pretty much unfarmable now. With 65-70 blunt offense even with the Odi/Eli harnois you're going to be taking hits that are significant. Maybe doable but will be much less efficient.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:44 pm UTC

Do not farm Lost Souls for Mountain.

Before: 2/9/15 offenses. May have a 100% damage shield for three rounds. Forgets defenses. Guesses at least mid-thirties, if not better.
Now: 3/11/57 offenses. 53/53/46 defenses. Inflicts 100% more damage for three rounds.

Edit: Improved its loot. Dropped one lump of Oceanite, one lump of Iriandanild, one Lithosnow Stone, and Garlyice.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm UTC

Im going to pick up a second boar before I start wandering Norstria I think. Seems they made it significantly more dangerous.

Speaking of boars, does anyone happen to have any blood of the silend and/or kraken tentacles? I can make 1 boar slashing balm currently and I need 4 for this first boar...

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 am UTC

Chen wrote:Im going to pick up a second boar before I start wandering Norstria I think. Seems they made it significantly more dangerous.

Speaking of boars, does anyone happen to have any blood of the silend and/or kraken tentacles? I can make 1 boar slashing balm currently and I need 4 for this first boar...

I have some tentacles not sure on the blood.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:42 am UTC

Fitzfool wrote:I have some tentacles not sure on the blood.

Second boar is +0 so thats another 3 balms at some point. Anyways I'll try and figure out what the going price for those pieces are and will buy them off anyone who has them and isn't planning on using them. Someone said 100g each but that seems a tad high. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 30-50g though.

I don't imagine anyone has large amounts of palpable either which I believe I'll need for the academy too. Guess I'll need to build a quarry in the Den for it (on the upside there's a 45 comfort inn there so I can make my T3 and Polypath dig out the palpable for me).

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 pm UTC

Cables are in the factory by the guildhall, as stated on the doc. Just stating it here so ... two places.

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm UTC

Frowns. Considered constructing a Dig Site in Starfield. Costs 130 Lithosnow Blocks and 100 Mohair or Huberian Fabrics. Does not include the machine (not bad, from memory) and hut. Yields less than a Dragons' Jaw location. Requires a Den Inn to automate more than Cerrydwen.

Adds up for Jutug farming still (or should). Manages with the best machine and Cedar Pile Foundations in Lufomir. Expects 20 + (54/2) = 47% presence. Improves to three times slower (approximately) than Olkznar, up from 7.5 times slower.

Wandered around Lower Depths, also. Reached Rowen's area after multiple deaths. Remains 58 Urban there. Assumes no changes to the skill check. Left Cave leveling untouched, on the plus side.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm UTC

I think they said they WERE going to change the skill check for Rowan in fact, rather than the terrain difficulty. The 52 archeology was almost impossible to get especially since you need a potion for the terrain.

Also I've done ~10 commerce trade ins in Halmvik and I have 4 Jutug fibers to show for it. I'm setting up some more criminal pacts with my companions and will try some more commerce overnight tonight I think. I will record the exact amount of "good" materials I get.

There was discussions with some other guilds at possibly splitting the cost of the runic festival (the one after the castle). Right now it requires 1000 runic fragments (in addition to other things) which I believe only come from identified runic artifacts at 1 per. That 1000 artifacts would be insane to put together even for a big guild. The idea would be everyone would contribute 1/5 of the festival and then each guild would get one of the sets of recipes (Norstrian temple and the machine needed for it, Yggdracine or something). Not sure if this is going through yet though and we'd still need to do the other castle festival (the wood and fish one) to get the necessary domains in Norstria to put up the temples. Still it might save us some time. Will keep people informed.

Finally, is anyone who is cutting sandstone running out of lumps? I pulled my companions out of sandstone extracting since my alt was producing far more than they could cut anyways. I've been dumping excess sandstone lumps into the storage. If lumps become a limiting factor for anyone let me know and I'll start my guy up on them again.

Grop

Postby Grop » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm UTC

Morlet has been cutting lumps, but has stopped and dropped like 150 lumps at factory domain. He's now expanding at renaissance and doing some personnal project (but may get back to cutting blocks in the future). He has no personnal quarry for sandstone, so if you can extract lumps faster than him that may be useful (but I am not sure how many blocks we still need).

Also I have tried fighting the Mimicons out of curiosity; as expected they defeated me. I currently wear bronze/steel harnois and have hero def skills in the mid 40s.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm UTC

Killing bosses is much easier with a boar or chimera (or now Rowan) maxed out. With two of those you can kill most the of bosses very easily.

You need decent slashing defense for the mimicons. Hector can hit really hard otherwise with his high 50s attack and attack boost. Unless you're armor is really bad you can almost always take at least one of his hits. Best way to spread damage out is to have two different companions that will take the hits from the intelligent creatures. One is slashing and one is piercing. First round you tank hector and the defense buff mimicon, your two companions each take a hit from the intelligent ones and you ideally kill one of the intelligent ones and damage hector. You target Hector next round and hopefully kill him. If you manage you're set. You have 3 companions left (one wounded) and two mimicons to kill. Kill the intelligent one next and then the defense buff one who doesnt hit that hard (if the one with the defense buff is hitting you for more than 20 you need better armor).

Once you have top end harnois (odi/dom or odi/eli) you just tank for one companion and kill them in the following order: intelligent (whichever your armor is weakest to)->hector->other intelligent->defense buff

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm UTC

Learned to cut Xuran Blocks from Iriandanild Lumps. Does anyone have a lump of Xuran?

Return to “Gaming”