Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Chen

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:56 pm UTC

Ok so the freshwater julian fish are done. I'll move them into the HQ this evening. Got crappy results from those Ayrann bone trims yesterday. Doing more hunting during the day today to hopefully push the skill up so I can farm those cavernotrucs more easily. For the fish festival it looks like the other sticking point is probably the gurdismo logs. Does anyone else have any logs to contribute for this? If not I will put up a lumberjack camp in the Den to start churning these out. May take some time to cut the marapis unless I can find some in bulk for sale.

I bumped the recruiting post as well. We have more room now so getting some more people who can help with things (even if its newbie things like firewood and festival meats) will be useful.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

Does anyone want Ancestral Dice?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:56 pm UTC

Yes!

I was speaking to Lifewarden today, evidently high level archaeologists are in high demand for rune creation. Might start pushing that a bit.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 pm UTC

Yeah high level archeologists with 40 soriason rep to build the building that allows you to create runes from dead runes.

That or you need to waste a slot on a temple for rune creation. Once we get up to speed with temple creation we can see what we want to do. Most of the tools come from forging (except the hammer which is foundry). It might be worthwhile to make a forging/archeology temple and just trade runes for the blacksmiths hammers we may need. Its still 300 pine beams per temple I believe which is a crazy amount.

Grop

Postby Grop » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Does anyone else have any logs to contribute for this? If not I will put up a lumberjack camp in the Den to start churning these out. May take some time to cut the marapis unless I can find some in bulk for sale.

(Sent you the few logs I had).

This is something I don't get. A lumberjack camp is mostly made of frameworks right? But there doesn't seem to be stone frameworks.

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:45 pm UTC

Calls them Vaults.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:05 am UTC

If a wood camp in the den is what is needed for gurd, then I have space cleared out for a Den inn that I never built, along with the marapis building materials. That means I should probably just be able to drop a machine in and go, yes? If so I can start that tomorrow perhaps.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:08 am UTC

That would work, my wood guy, kennit, doesnt have den access so Im worthless there at the moment at least. Also can anyone make a 22 hunting balm for fitz?

Grop

Postby Grop » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:36 am UTC

Fitzfool wrote:Also can anyone make a 22 hunting balm for fitz?

I am queueing one.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 am UTC

Grop wrote:
Fitzfool wrote:Also can anyone make a 22 hunting balm for fitz?

I am queueing one.

Thanks!

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:17 pm UTC

My alt has started cutting marapis for the eventual towers we'll need for the giantyard in Norstria. I haven't caught a break yet to hit that 62 hunting to hunt the cavernotrucs without potions. Im gathering solone sap all day today and that should let me make another 3-4 crodor trophies which should let me hit 62. If not I'll have run out of crodor fangs to make them and things will slow way the hell down. Once I do hit 62 I'll farm up the rest of the cavernotrucs. I made a cutting winch for Biliboy to work on gurdismo so that shouldn't take too long to finish.

Looks like we need some people working on artifact notes too. I imagine this can be done by an alt and its only 200 we need. I imagine anyone who did archeology in the past probably has tons of these. Are these tradeable? If not that same person will need to gather the 1000 pearls needed for the runic festival.

Recruited one newbie hunter already. Have a few people I'm talking to as well about recruiting so things seem to be going decently in that regards. Keep an eye out for any promising people as usual.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Looks like we need some people working on artifact notes too. I imagine this can be done by an alt and its only 200 we need. I imagine anyone who did archeology in the past probably has tons of these. Are these tradeable?

No.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

So two untradeable things (artifact notes and pearls) for the Runic festival. That's just obnoxious. I think its only 20 notes and 100 pearls per action though which isn't as bad at least.

Boonfire

Postby Boonfire » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm UTC

Hey guys :)

I have setup a home in Shortblade Mountains and I have expanded the land so I can build an inn to recruit my metal T3 there. I was wondering if someone could supply me with the necessary mats required for it (maple or oak framework/wall are good I think). I will pay for your trouble ( mats cost + tip). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Boonfire

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:44 pm UTC

Chen wrote:So two untradeable things (artifact notes and pearls) for the Runic festival. That's just obnoxious. I think its only 20 notes and 100 pearls per action though which isn't as bad at least.

Where do notes come from? I'll get an alt or two on it.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm UTC

Identifying artifacts. Common: 50%. Military/Occult/Noble: 75%. Runic: 100%.

Edit: Smirks. Installed 55 Tanning Frames (60 in a Fashion House). Reaches 65.9 Tanning without a potion. Learned Studded Gloves (base twelve difficulty) yesterday.

Grop

Postby Grop » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 am UTC

Boonfire wrote:I have setup a home in Shortblade Mountains and I have expanded the land so I can build an inn to recruit my metal T3 there. I was wondering if someone could supply me with the necessary mats required for it (maple or oak framework/wall are good I think). I will pay for your trouble ( mats cost + tip). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I will help you, I have a lot of maple planks.

Also, grats Deva \o/

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:49 pm UTC

So got some good luck yesterday in making 2 crodor trophies and getting the two skillups I needed to hit 62 hunting. I now hit exactly 55 hunting without potion or location bonus so I started hunting cavenotrucs. Unfortunately in the 7 actions I did (10.5 hours) I got 2. 1-3 at 40% so average should be closer to 5 so that's a bit unfortunate. Nevertheless I persevere. I'll keep chugging along in there. I think I'm going to need to start increasing my archeology and stuff too. Looking at Lifewarden's post we need a ton of runic stuff. Considering only Cerrydwen and Polymaths can gather runic artifacts I don't really want to do that on an alt (my only Den ready alt is mining krya, though I suppose I could get them passive gathering artifacts). Once again people should definitely try and do the Loupuntar turn in daily. It's a huge source of runic fragments, old currency and dead runes.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

Got super lucky in terms of Cavernotruc's yesterday and last night, putting us at 42 of them. If I even manage average luck for the rest I should be able to hit our necessary quota by tomorrow (maybe even tonight with good luck). Biliboy is on cutting gurdismo and thats coming along pretty well so we should be in position to finish the fish festival fairly soon. I've also started making the nuert frames for the giantyard as well as cutting marapis. Will dump extra mats into the factories domain so others can start assembling things. I got the forest protosensor already so I'll be able to make the giantyard once we have the mats ready.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 pm UTC

I got archaeology high enough to gather runic fragments. Still trying to finish out a few of the Nostria quests.

Uh... Now what?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 pm UTC

Keep reputation turn-ins on cooldown as much as possible. Gates runic tool recipes more than anything.

Besides that, Academic Guild Agreements for the guild project and Wood skills for beams.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

Ok, neat.

Someone messaged me very pushily asking for kbor nuggets or kry ingots. I said we charge 100g a kbor nugget, and he wanted on the other of 10 a day. I think some of the other guilds are desperate, so if anyone is looking to sell their stuff, we could probably get away with charging even more.

I'm inclined to say screw 'em though.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:49 pm UTC

People want Krya armor and it takes a LONG time to make yourself (60 days 24/7 mining alone for krya/non-krya harnois). 10 nuggets a day is more than 2 people full time mining 24/7. That's insane. I suggest no longer selling krya for gold but rather for high end materials and/or BC only. If people are that desperate they'll pay and we can use those types of things far more than just gold.

On another note I finished the Cavernotrucs. So fish festival is almost done!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:39 pm UTC

What armor are you trying to make, by the way? Is it typical to go with kdel/dom? Knod/dom?

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 pm UTC

Kdel/Dom is high blunt and pierce defense which is good for the swamp so thats the first one Im making. Kdel/Knod is like Eli/Odi but higher blunt and slash but it'll take forever to make. Im probably going to make Knod/blueroc after which is high slash defense. Even those two sets will be quicker to make than one of the krya/krya sets and will cover all 3 defenses.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 pm UTC

Where is the Loupuntar turn in at? I think I finished the questline, or at least I finished the agreements with the 4 wolf types and haven't found another quest.

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 pm UTC

At Lupuntars' Fortress in Starfield.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

Did someone try to plant a field in the Den? Was it worth it, and did it beat the 50% presence for olkznar fiber at Garden of the Dukes?

Deva

Postby Deva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:32 pm UTC

Yes. Used a 37 Horticulture machine. (No clue on materials. Be careful with Cave constructability.) Yields 1, 48%. Falls below Garden of the Dukes. Allows automation, though. Recruited six farmers. Considers it worthwhile. Sold Olkznar clothing at 55-60 gold per fabric near the opening of Tarasquan. Helps with future Olkznar Cables. Earns Sewing levels with it now. (Chooses between ten Olkznar Fabrics or twenty-eight Blacknester Fabrics.)

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm UTC

Im having my noobs dump common artifacts in the shipyard so people can get artifact notes easily, you should be able to use them even with a 1 skill archeology.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:35 am UTC

Anyone selling 5 pieces of ayrann leather? Seems I can make a decent irrigation infrastructure with marapis/nuert/ayrann. (Some cheaper options for reaching Den cave level would be marapis/exanese/catob or marapis/exan/borz).

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm UTC

I can check when I get home if I have any, won't be for another 12 hours though and not sure I have any either. Would wyvern work, I know I have tons of that stuff lol.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:35 pm UTC

Thnaks, Deva just sent me what I needed (and didn't name a price, maybe he had tons of ayrann leather :o).

Wyvern leather is great for some things (mostly armor), but not for this purpose.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:47 pm UTC

The fish festival stuff is mostly complete. Missing 6 amemasu (last I checked) and around 100ish gurdismo which Biliboy is still diligently cutting down. I'm going to have my alt start turning in the festival components. The regular rhumbular festival is also almost done (just missing the firewood) so we should finish that off too for the academic agreements.

The fish festival is the one that will give us the Norstria domains and the recipes for the temple parts. The runic festival is the one that gives the actual temple and yggdracine recipe so thats not as huge a priority now that I think about it because we don't have even close to the components for the temple yet. We need both the giantyard and shipyard in Norstria so we can cut down giant pine and then cut those into beams and then frames/walls/foundations. Corruptuser said he had finished the 20 towers for the giantyard and I'm still working on more nuert frames on my alt. If people can, they should get their wood alts (or mains) up to Norstria access (20 sea skill and Cerrydwen are the min reqs) so that they can help cut Pine at the giantyard, once its up. We may need to also do another run at the giant pine beam recipes since we only have 1 left at the moment.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 pm UTC

I have the rest of the amemasu, I'll send it to you tonight. I got my wood alt cerry last night so kennit is good for going to nostria, but I don't believe I have the giant pine recipe, will check when I get home from work.

Grop

Postby Grop » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 am UTC

Likewise, my wood alt unlocked Cerrydwen (and Elisime ruins) lately. I am planning to have him unlock the Den as well.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:56 pm UTC

We get 3 giant pine recipes per turn in which I believe requires 3 of 3 types of agreements (one festival will cover one turn in). Now, it looks like the highest presence we can get for cutting giant pine trunks is going to be around 29-30% (20% base in Forest of the Last Assault, 39 machine which gives 9.75 added presence which should round up). Either way its 14 actions to cut down one trunk which at 1 hour 23 minutes per action is : 19.36 hours per trunk. At 4 hours to cut the beam, the long pole here is going to be getting the trunks rather than cutting them into beams. Perhaps we don't need all the wood alts to get the giant pine recipe since right now Biliboy, myself and I think Fitz already have it. And there's one spare one in the Den already. The alts may be more useful in cutting down the giant pines themselves.

Note we need 300 giant pine beams for the temple. That's around 7000 hours of labor to cut down the trees and cut them into beams. We really need as many wood people as possible up there cutting or this will take a VERY long time. There is room in the guild for more alts if need be and I can move around people if we manage to somehow fill that up too.

Course we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves since we need to finish the giant yard first before we can even start that. That's mainly the nuert frames so we should be able to get that done fairly quickly. I will dump some more nuert from my alt into the shipyard if people have alts/mains who can cut those into planks and then make em into frames.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:13 pm UTC

yeah confirmed it, kennit already knows how to square the giant pine, must have learned it while squaring things for the castle. I have kennit working on making pieces for a dead owl farm but I'll start working on nuert frames while I'm at it.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:26 pm UTC

Just a heads up to people too. Yes our overall goal is to make the runic temple and such which takes a ton of work. That said, don't be afraid to use your alts for achieving your own goals too. We're not going to hit the temples first (the first ones are already up) so its not like we're racing for a monopoly or anything. If you need your alt to make your things so you can build up what you need for your own progression don't feel bad about doing so. We're here to have fun, we're not working a job. I mention all the stuff we need to do, but I don't want to come off sounding like a slave-driver or anything :)

Also on the note about not racing for a monopoly, I was thinking it's probably best for us to include the herbalism machine in our first runic temple. Runic tools, while nice and all, are basically one ofs per character. There doesn't need to be a huge supply of runic hammers or saws. Runic potions on the other hand are consumable and will likely be in far more demand. Since we're not getting the first temples up I think herbalism should be our first. Probably with forging since that covers the vast majority of the other tools. Dealing with Lyncea of Lifewarden to get the straggler tools (blacksmith hammer, mortar and pestle) is probably a better idea, even if it costs us a fair bit of resources. What do people think of this?

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:42 pm UTC

Sounds like a smart idea, on that note I was wondering if there is much cross communication between you lyncea and lifewarden to maybe working out some sort of deal to minimize the number of temples everyone needs to make through some sort of mutual co-operation, i.e. one guild build herbalism, one guild build stone, one guild build forging ect ect. At least until there is a temple of each useful type. Just a thought, would save everyone a ton of time.

I do agree that the potions have a lot of long term viability and think that it would be the smart move.

Return to “Gaming”