Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:51 pm UTC

Chen wrote:I suspect the base pearl value is 10-20 so I think a 50 samponar will also hit the max in the Den. Not sure if that makes it any easier to make. Also means the 53 one is completely unnecessary.

Not particularly. Includes good options for block (Marapis), ingot (Blueroc), and plank (Solone) already. Sinks below 50 with Norstrian Mohair Fabric, Silk Fabric, Catoblepian Leather, or Odiemel Ingot. Allows Marapidos Glass, Lansferum Glass, and Bormadar Glass (all 51 metascience). Advocates Marapidos, with enough skill (68). Permits Salandrin instead of Solone (50 metascience).
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:37 am UTC

Deva wrote:Not particularly. Includes good options for block (Marapis), ingot (Blueroc), and plank (Solone) already. Sinks below 50 with Norstrian Mohair Fabric, Silk Fabric, Catoblepian Leather, or Odiemel Ingot. Allows Marapidos Glass, Lansferum Glass, and Bormadar Glass (all 51 metascience). Advocates Marapidos, with enough skill (68). Permits Salandrin instead of Solone (50 metascience).

Hmm yeah seems like that 51 strength one is ideal in terms of cost. All those alternatives are more expensive. On the upside 68 engineering will almost certainly get me a skillup when making it, so that's nice.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

Finished the Soriasson quest (yay metascience!). I remember someone saying to build a telluric shrine in the den? What components should I look to getting for the domes and machine?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:58 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Finished the Soriasson quest (yay metascience!). I remember someone saying to build a telluric shrine in the den? What components should I look to getting for the domes and machine?

4 marapis domes, 4 lansferum glass domes I believe meets the requirements in the Den. We were just discussing the machine. Seems Deva can make the Samponar (metascience machine) and I'll be able to in a couple of days. If Deva can still gain skill from it, I'd say have them make it. Else maybe wait a day or two since I will still gain a point from a 68 strength samponar.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:30 pm UTC

There was one on the market for 250g or so... I'll totally wait on you guys to make it. Can you do the domes too?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:26 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:There was one on the market for 250g or so... I'll totally wait on you guys to make it. Can you do the domes too?

They aren't cheap.

20 Ayrann leather (~10-12g each)
20 Marapidos glass (~4g each)
20 Solone planks (1.5g each)
20 Marapis blocks (1g each)
20 Huberian fabric (dont recall but it was crazy high at some point)
20 Blueroc ingots (10g each)
10 Engineering plan consumables (at least 2g each if the lowest level can be used)

= 550g + 20 huberian fabrics (which could almost double the price of the thing).

As Deva said that'll give 19-25 pearls per hour (roughly). Also requires 400 more marapis blocks for the 4 domes and 120 lanferum glass for the glass domes.

Total cost for your Telluric sanctuary + Samponar is probably around 1500g.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:59 pm UTC

Looked at the market Samponar. Registered at 37 Metascience. Spent more in materials, even with the cheapest. Produces better with the cheapest, actually. (42 Metascience minimum for Marapis/Silk/Blueroc/Solone/leather/Marapidos. Does not know the cheapest leather between Ayrann, Royanar, Catoblepian, Wyvern, and Chimeric. Used Chimeric (worst) for 42.)

Yes to Sketches. Checked materials on hand. Manages with Sketches for everything except Gurdismo (-1), Salandrin (-1), Volcanite (-39), Volriziar (-5), Diodur (-5), and Clearmoon (-6). (Numbers with a standard 38 watermill, 5.0 Talisman, 50 Idol, and 12 Visionary.)

Offers to exchange twenty Huberian Fabric for twenty Eliandel Ore and forty Silk Fibers. Bypasses the massive market mark-up.

May wish to let Chen craft it. Cannot create a Samponar with Marapidos without a machine, tool, and/or companion upgrade. Finds Marapis Sand easier than Lanferite Sand.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:59 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Total cost for your Telluric sanctuary + Samponar is probably around 1500g.
I'll take it. I'd rather set that up than grind for pearls at the library.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:08 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
Chen wrote:Total cost for your Telluric sanctuary + Samponar is probably around 1500g.
I'll take it. I'd rather set that up than grind for pearls at the library.

Yeah its worthwhile. We can chat in game after I can check what kind of material stockpile I have for items. I'm pretty sure I have more than enough of the materials to make at least one of those samponars except the huberian fabric. We can find a decent deal for the other pieces. I have one action to do tonight for the recipe and then another 28 hours after that so by wednesday I can start making them. They're annoyingly long to make at 8 hours but good for skillups at least.

For the domes my stone alt is busy expanding our shipyard. I think CorruptUser has an alt who always has tons of marapis. Can talk to them about that. As for Lansferum glass I'm pretty sure I don't have enough of that for glass domes. Will need to melt some sand down, assuming I have that. If not it can be obtained in our renaissance quarry (worst case).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:08 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure I can make the glass if that's required. And I think my stone skill isn't terrible......?

but yeah, I'll poke people, and talk later. Your legs should be done later tonight.

Grop

Postby Grop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 pm UTC

I may have the lansferium glass, or at least the sand, how much glass is needed? I have like 6K sand.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:41 am UTC

Grop wrote:I may have the lansferium glass, or at least the sand, how much glass is needed? I have like 6K sand.

Its 120 glass per Telluric Sanctuary (4 glass domes). At 5 sand per glass you have WAY more than enough for a whole bunch of telluric sanctuaries.

Grop

Postby Grop » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 pm UTC

Well Izzi if you need some sand just tell me. I also have 90 glass that I may sell, but sand would be free.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 am UTC

Ok I have the recipe for the Samponar now. Also it looks like if you replace Huberian with silk you get a 49 strength Samponar. Not sure how that rounds but worst case this seems like it would drop the yield in the den to 14-29 instead of 15-29. That's a significant savings in cash if you don't happen to have the Huberian on hand for a very minor difference in yield.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:19 pm UTC

Just a heads up but the space for the shipyard is almost complete. I will start assembling the megamachines tonight if we have the materials for them. I think we're missing some Nuert and various other materials since the google docs are pretty empty. If people have some of the various parts for the shipyard please fill in the docs appropriately and drop the stuff off in storage somewhere.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:53 pm UTC

I think you have enough catob leather already; I now have an alt set on casting ~130 bronze ingots. I can also contribute 50 odi ingots, if we decide to use odi.

(I have almost no nuert).
Last edited by Grop on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:55 pm UTC

Cato leather? I have quite a few of those from meat turn ins...

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:38 pm UTC

I do have enough of the leather I'll update that. It's mainly the other things that we're missing. I have some of the lithosnow and I think some of the melandrin but I definitely don't have enough for everything.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 pm UTC

Expanding the Den space for the telluric shrine went faster than I thought - I can make the glass if there's sand available, but yea,h I'll be needing some stuff made shortly :D

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:59 pm UTC

I sent you some lanferite sand.

I can make the marapidos domes (and have enough glass), but am not sure about the lansferium ones.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm UTC

Thanks!

Did something happen to the googledoc? I can't seem to access it.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:53 pm UTC

I experience no problem accessing the shared doc. Are you using some short url? I use that one.

I can make both marapidos and lanferium domes, but now I am not certain if you need four of each, or four of either. Queued some marapidos ones (that sells decently anyway).

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm UTC

Four Lansferum Domes, for its Cave.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:14 pm UTC

Switching to lansferium then. I have 90 glass so I can make three of them. Izzi I will need 30 more glass to make the fourth one, plus as many as you want to make (up to 90) unless you'd rather buy my glass.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm UTC

Anyone willing to hack up 10 borm lumps into blocks for me?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 pm UTC

Sure please send these lumps to Morlet. Investing in a machine?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:02 pm UTC

That's the plan, yep.

I'll get them shipped over as soon as I can. Need a specific chisel to do the job?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 pm UTC

Grop wrote:Switching to lansferium then. I have 90 glass so I can make three of them. Izzi I will need 30 more glass to make the fourth one, plus as many as you want to make (up to 90) unless you'd rather buy my glass.

I'll take a look at how long the smelting time is on the glass, and get back to you. I'll send you at least 30.

Not sure what's going on with my link to the googledoc, the one provided worked fine.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Need a specific chisel to do the job?

Never mind, borm can be cut with tin chisels at guild factory (with a good idol that is).

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:51 pm UTC

Speaking if good idols, anyone have a 50 assembly idol? I want to make a bunch of high end engineering junk. Let me know if you need a +57 bellows, +39 scale, +39 plane, or maybe +41 compass.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:02 pm UTC

I will lend you my idol. +57 bellows? What mats does it demand?

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:06 pm UTC

Salandrin and walhein. I got a bunch.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 pm UTC

Oh, also, I have 8 held clusters. I think Fool is MIA? I guess CU is owed the most, so I'll send them to him?

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:56 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Salandrin and walhein. I got a bunch.

Please make me one, that is totally affordable (and I may have these already, but it is late and I will check that later). Also I should look up some day how you get the recipe for cutting salandrin into planks :o.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 pm UTC

Bring three Salandrin Logs to The Strangers in Whispering Forest.

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Oh, also, I have 8 held clusters. I think Fool is MIA? I guess CU is owed the most, so I'll send them to him?

Im around just not much, Ill try to grab my clusters today

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 am UTC

In middle of getting a wing, but tomorrow I'll start on the engineering stuff. With Deva's tool, it's the strength 15 plan, so 2 hours for bellows.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:35 am UTC

My internet is really bad right now, might have to cancel it entirely for a month or two until the fiber gets here, Val is hereby authorized to use my account for guild stuff until I can get back on .

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:20 am UTC

Biliboy wrote:My internet is really bad right now, might have to cancel it entirely for a month or two until the fiber gets here, Val is hereby authorized to use my account for guild stuff until I can get back on .

Understood! More woodcutting slaves it is! :)

Ok so I've updated the googledocs with what we need (for real) for the shipyard. I have a lot of the materials but I need some supplementing. And we need 50 hemp or linen cables crafted for one of the megamachines.

Also if people send me the mats for the good samponars I can make em at no cost since they still give me skillups. A couple more skillups and I'll need to start making shitty clearmoon ones though. On that note if anyone has borm and/or marble sand I can buy that off people.

Deva

Postby Deva » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 pm UTC

Recruited a Hipporiel. Might be the worst in existence. -3 Transportation, -3 Taming, -3 Swamp, -3 Hills, -3 Desert, -2 Snow, +0 Forest, +1 Mountain, and +2 Land. Exceeded the expected -1 average.

Purged bad luck before Glutomole, hopefully.

Return to “Gaming”