Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Penfold

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Penfold » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm UTC

The first part of Grimaldz is being patched in on Friday evening (Canada time) or overnight Saturday morning UK time.

Details here http://forum.theriansaga.com/viewtopic. ... 788#p17788

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:18 pm UTC

Valerian, if you're still reading here, could you give me leadership please so I can invite a couple of alts in to use the machines? I seem to be the only one in the guild still logging in - sent out a guild mail almost three weeks ago asking if anyone else was still playing and have had no reply from anyone.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 pm UTC

Ack hadn't been following the games forum and missed this thread. I will try and make a point of it today or tomorrow. There should be a way to make a vote on it since I've been offline for so long, but its not clear if that'll work if everyone else isnt on anymore either.

Cloudigger

Postby Cloudigger » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 pm UTC

Hello gang!

I just wanted to tell people around here that Therian Saga will be available on Steam on March 27. I thought it might interest some of you that are not following our forum.

Cloudigger, lead writter for Therian Saga.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm UTC

Cloudigger wrote:Hello gang!

I just wanted to tell people around here that Therian Saga will be available on Steam on March 27. I thought it might interest some of you that are not following our forum.

Cloudigger, lead writter for Therian Saga.

There's some rule about correcting someone's grammar and making a grammatical error while you do it.

I wonder if there's a similar one in place for introducing yourself as a writer?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:There's some rule about correcting someone's grammar and making a grammatical error while you do it.

I wonder if there's a similar one in place for introducing yourself as a writer?

To be fair I think their first language is French not English.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:40 am UTC

Posting to say that SecondTalon recommended the game to me and on his words alone... makes me wanna check it out beyond all reasons. So. I like the idea of a wide crafting system. It was one of the things I like about MMORPGs having a profession and using it to craft useful items. And a player based markets systems? Yes please. In my opinions, having the markets be player driven allows for more freedoms when buying and selling items, increased incentives for players to wanna buy and sell from others. So I'm going to do more research on the game later thank you for reading everyone. <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 pm UTC

Haven't been in game for a while but the crafting system was very deep (was basically the whole game). But was quite grindy and it got ridiculously worse with each high end update, if you wanted to be at the high end. Led to burnout which is why I stopped playing. That was quite a while ago so its probably worth checking out again now if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm UTC

Chen wrote:But was quite grindy and it got ridiculously worse with each high end update, if you wanted to be at the high end. Led to burnout which is why I stopped playing. That was quite a while ago so its probably worth checking out again now if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Well, you know, with my life and burnout and being moderated by Blizz... I might quit all girlish games too. But: I gotta say I have obsessive thoughts about perfection so, while "grindy" sounds absolutely injustices and travesties. I still might try it yet: Not if it's as bad as Blizz's games.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm UTC

Ginger wrote:Well, you know, with my life and burnout and being moderated by Blizz... I might quit all girlish games too. But: I gotta say I have obsessive thoughts about perfection so, while "grindy" sounds absolutely injustices and travesties. I still might try it yet: Not if it's as bad as Blizz's games.

It's completely different though. Most of the game is actually offline content. You setup tasks that complete automatically. It's just that the endgame tasks are insanely long (in real world time) to get done.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm UTC

It's Scheduling : The Game!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm UTC

Ooh that's neat. Like, I could set up tasks and go... I dunno... brush my hair? Or brush my teeth? And then my tasks complete. It kind of sounds like an idle game w/offline contents to me now? Huh how funny.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm UTC

Its more like set tasks and go to sleep, at least once you start getting towards mid/high end. IIRC to make a composite bow, for example its ~30 min for the bowstring, 30 min for the back, 30 min for the belly and then around 5 hours for the assembly. Now there are dungeons that can be worth grinding combat in (which is turn based active playing) but theres one early one and then a huge gap before the nexr profitable one. Its free to play so its worth checking out at least.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm UTC

'Kay-'Kay... I really will, eventually, dunno if I like waiting over thirty minutes for tasks to complete though. I like instant gratification. ANYWAYS I'm derailing now so: Off I go to check it out... eventually.

Return to “Gaming”