Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:51 pm UTC

Chen wrote:So someone wants to buy a set of the rune recipes we have in the guild storage. We have 2 sets currently. Thoughts on prices? Also, who has actually taken a set of those? I know I have one and I imagine Deva has one, who has the third set?

Discussed it somewhat in-game. Requires 1000 Runic Artifact Fragments, 50 Academic Agreements, 1000 Foggy Pearls, and 200 Artifact Notes for the 100 Runes Night Festival. Yields five sets of rune recipes, fifteen Yggdracin recipes, and five Norstrian Temple recipes.

Calculated Academic Agreement time. Assumed five Bolgatur Fortress agreement actions.

7.5 hours (Academic Favor + gems) + 2.396 hours (Craft Favor + gems) + 2.77775 hours (Bolgatur agreements) + 11.575 hours (Academic Agreement actions) = 24.24875 hours per Academic Agreement.

Votes to keep them. Holds steadier value than Volcanite. Does not need Volcanite soon either. (Eyes a Stonecutting/Tanning Temple after Foundrywork/Engineering.) Could send Team Woodcutter through quests, if necessary. Increased it to four Volcanite Blocks and four Volriziar Glass, supposedly.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:33 pm UTC

You make a good point about them holding value better than volcanite. The only real way to significantly reduce the cost of the festival would be an easier place to gather runic fragments, and even if it were 100% presence it would only halve the time (and I very much doubt we'd ever have an action that produces more than 1 runic fragment at a time).

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:46 pm UTC

I dropped two decent fashioning machines at Sandstone Boulders domain.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 pm UTC

1. Be sure to agree to account transfer before January 15. Loses everything otherwise. (Instructions: Log in. Go to Account in the upper-right. Select "Change" next to Account Transfer.)

2. Does anyone need runic forging/foundrywork tools? Owns plenty of runic fragments. Creates necessary potions too. Cannot quite reach Kryamane Runic Forging yet. Should soon. (Note: Not good runic scissors, though.)

Cannot think of a proper price. Wants it relatively cheap for guild members.

3. 48/260 Giant Pine Trunks. Feels quick, even if not. Plans to repurpose them afterward. Appears needed with boulder extraction.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:51 pm UTC

I haven't played for a while now, having given my account over to Chen. Is there anything you need of me for an account transfer? What's going on with transferring?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:56 pm UTC

Probably handled it.

Terminated the partnership between Gameforge and Virtys. Requires moving account information from Gameforge to Virtys. Cannot legally do so without consent.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:34 pm UTC

Yeah when you try to login it asks you so I covered your account Izz, the last time I logged in with it. Same with Biliboy's. Have no way to contact Soeman, so I suspect his will be lost since he never gave me the info for them before quitting. Shame.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:02 am UTC

I'm pretty slammed right now, but once things calm down in a month or so I'll come back!
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:17 am UTC

I think the only real thing of value I took from the account to use was your smith hammer. So just remind me to give that back when you come back :) Other than that you've just been toiling away in the krya mines heh.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:47 am UTC

Deva wrote:2. Does anyone need runic forging/foundrywork tools? Owns plenty of runic fragments. Creates necessary potions too. Cannot quite reach Kryamane Runic Forging yet. Should soon. (Note: Not good runic scissors, though.)

I'm getting to the point where a better hammer than the +41 domane one I made for myself would be helpful, though I also need to gather 800-and-something more pearls for an autocrat (and wish I'd just got straight on with it after I got the boarzerker as the drop rate seems so much lower in the library now than a few months ago). Might need some time to gather gold pieces though, I have no idea what a fair price for runic tools is and how far short of it I would be.

I have a favour to ask : When I have gathered / smelted enough ingots and plates, could someone forge me a set of odi/dom armour please? I'm about 70% of the way there on materials at present so it will be a while yet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:51 pm UTC

I can likely forge the armor for you and get skillups to boot, once the plates and stuff are made.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:13 pm UTC

Various options:
- Normal Kryamane: 47 Forging.
- Runic Domane + Mag Latent: 50 Forging.
- Runic Domane + Mag Watchful: 54 Forging.
- Runic Kryamane + Mag Latent: 54 Forging.
- Runic Kryamane + Mag Watchful: 58 Forging.
- Runic Kryamane + Mag Intense: 59 Forging.

Sees Kryanbor Nuggets at 50 gold per. 50 gold * 25 Nuggets = 1250 gold for 5 Kryamane Ingots. (Cannot offer cheaper. Lacks a personal source still.)

Latent Rune: 700 gold.
Watchful Rune: 2250 gold.
Recommends the Mag Intense from Jotungar's questline (with Kryamane).

Knocked twenty-five percent off runes. Remains not cheap.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

Thank you both.

I visited Nostria for the first time last night and discovered I could only explore in Forest of last assault, so need to tame a goat to help with snow and mountain skills before working on the quest lines. Will work on that and start saving gold for nuggets as I haven't performed any mining actions at the den vertical mine as yet, so have none of my own.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:08 pm UTC

Deposited two 57 Sewing scissors into Guild Headquarters. Feel free to take them.

(Now capable of good scissors, also.)

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:03 pm UTC

Cool. I just finished a set of Odi/Dom harnois for Ambrielle so if there's any other mid range runic stuff you need made let me know, I can probably get some skillups for it, if you don't need em yourself. Granted mid-range runic stuff is generally not too useful except for raising skill but still :P

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:46 pm UTC

How high is your Forging? Planned to continue runic tool production for gold. Creates good Scrapers, Billhooks (with Galandor), and Compasses with Latent runes. Sold Axes and Stone Chisels quickly too. (Struggles with Scrapers, strangely.)

For reference:
Superior Galandor: 75
Superior Kryandel: 77
Superior Kryamane: 78 (Higher for scissors.)

(No Galandor on-hand. Hopes to acquire more during/after migration.)

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:31 pm UTC

Effective forging is probably a bit lower than the 75 needed for Galandor since I was just a bit over the 74 needed for the Odi/Dom chest. I used a weaker potion (5.6) but it was also in the Metal factory which is a stronger forge. I guess I can get back to ya in a little bit when I raise it a little higher first. Guess I'll just make myself some of the random tools I don't have as runic at the moment with shitty runes, just to level up a bit more.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:43 pm UTC

Owns an extra 6.8 Forging potion. Needs time for Galandor anyways, though.

Leveled off Blueroc/Iron Harnois, prior to runic tools. Amassed some from Ice Laboratory grinding. Seemed cheaper and less scarce. (Rarely collects/identifies runic artifact fragments.) Upgraded armor on alternate characters too.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm UTC

Yeah I noticed blueroc was fairly high difficulty. I guess I'll check out what tools I could use small upgrades on and use those somewhat less useful 30 strength runes I made while raising archeology, else go back to the harnois.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm UTC

Now that I have better armour (ty Valerian) I can do some more things without repeated mutilation, I have a few questions ..

I can now kill the Minicoms reliably and have started to get a few azulio planks - do we need these for anything? I'll keep them anyway, but if we are likely to need them I won't use them for a machine.

Boots - I currently have a set of market bought odi/royanar which at 50/48/54 are usually fine, unless something tries to stab me in the ankle. What would be the next logical progression? Supplementary question would be, can anyone make them if I can gather the materials?

In the Rowan quest there's a 58 urban skill check. Is achieving that just fighting on one of the 58 tiles in lower depths until my young lord reaches max urban (51) and my hero stat is 63? I should be able to get to 58 effective with a potion at that point. I noticed that there's a 75 urban tile at the very end but I didn't have anything spawn there.

Last one, is there any point in killing the silver snouts?

I took one of the pairs of runic scissors to make myself a tabard, will return them if anyone else needs them in the meantime, as I won't be doing any more sewing until I get the 160 more foggy pearls I need for an autocrat.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:09 pm UTC

Penfold wrote:Now that I have better armour (ty Valerian) I can do some more things without repeated mutilation, I have a few questions ..

I can now kill the Minicoms reliably and have started to get a few azulio planks - do we need these for anything? I'll keep them anyway, but if we are likely to need them I won't use them for a machine.

Azulio is valuable and used in high end machines. That said I don't foresee a huge guild need for them coming up. I have a reasonable stock personally and I suspect Deva probably does too. If you need to use em for something personal feel free. A strong bow is well worth the 3 or so planks that is needed (Azulio+ gurdismo for the two bow parts and jutug string is the top currently).

Boots - I currently have a set of market bought odi/royanar which at 50/48/54 are usually fine, unless something tries to stab me in the ankle. What would be the next logical progression? Supplementary question would be, can anyone make them if I can gather the materials?

For Odi/Dom armor I recall having a set of both Odi/wyvern and domane/wyvern. Higher than that would be Krya + noct boots, all of which are pretty similar in total stats, just with different distribution. Chance can make the boots for sure, I imagine Deva (or one of their alts) can.

In the Rowan quest there's a 58 urban skill check. Is achieving that just fighting on one of the 58 tiles in lower depths until my young lord reaches max urban (51) and my hero stat is 63? I should be able to get to 58 effective with a potion at that point. I noticed that there's a 75 urban tile at the very end but I didn't have anything spawn there.

There's only a boss at the 75 tile and it only appears after you get Rowan I believe. I got Rowan before we had the mansion companions available so if you have a young lord at 51 it should be fairly straight forward to get her using a potion (especially if you have a full wingu set). Note the archeology or engineering checks are high, though there's a lower check with Mr. Golem instead I believe. Just something to keep in mind since you can only use one potion.

Last one, is there any point in killing the silver snouts?

They drop rare substances every now and then, including the ones necessary to balm boars (blood of the silent and/or kraken tentacles). Scales of various types too that are kinda useless. But you can make some fancy krya scale armor if you get enough of those :P

Grop

Postby Grop » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm UTC

Chen wrote:
Penfold wrote:Boots - I currently have a set of market bought odi/royanar which at 50/48/54 are usually fine, unless something tries to stab me in the ankle. What would be the next logical progression? Supplementary question would be, can anyone make them if I can gather the materials?

For Odi/Dom armor I recall having a set of both Odi/wyvern and domane/wyvern. Higher than that would be Krya + noct boots, all of which are pretty similar in total stats, just with different distribution. Chance can make the boots for sure, I imagine Deva (or one of their alts) can.

Certainly. Wyv/dom boots are 51/61/45, wyd/odi are 51/50/56 (not crazy better than royanar apparently). I can make them quite easily, and I can probably help with the mats so don't buy them from market unless they come cheap.

(I can also make noct leather boots, but I don't think you can afford the leather).

Also now that Soeman seems to be afk, I am looking for a strong smith to finish my kdel/dom armor. Izawwlgood have you levelled lately?

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

I think Izz was able to do it. I've been running his char since he stopped playing so I can check later tonight. That said if you can wait a few days to a week I can probably do it myself since I've been raising forging personally.

Grop

Postby Grop » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:49 pm UTC

Chen wrote:I think Izz was able to do it. I've been running his char since he stopped playing so I can check later tonight. That said if you can wait a few days to a week I can probably do it myself since I've been raising forging personally.

Well he made the easiest stuff, but couldn't make the chest or helmet. But that was months ago.

I can wait; I will actually have to smelt some krya first, because Soeman had my mats.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:14 pm UTC

Grop wrote:Well he made the easiest stuff, but couldn't make the chest or helmet. But that was months ago.

I can wait; I will actually have to smelt some krya first, because Soeman had my mats.

I'm pretty sure Soeman quit though he said he may come back. Feel free to check the main guild's krya spreadsheet and take any clusters that he has owed to him to replace the stuff he has on him if you want. I believe he did have a number of clusters mined so there should be some there for you to take.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:35 pm UTC

Azulio:
More specifically: Cutting Winch (Woodcutting), Sawmill (Woodcutting), Cabinetmaker’s Bench (Woodworking), Crane (Carpentry), Scaffolding (Masonry), Jeweler’s Workbench (Jewelry), Bookcase (Archeology), Forge (Forging), Oven (Foundrywork), Course (Taming), and Fence (Breeding). Also useful for a Dragons’ Jaw Dig Site, apparently. (Note: Tested Wood + random materials. May tie others with better. Recommends other woods regardless for certain machines, such as Breeding.)

Boots:
- Kryanod/Nocturial: 59/58/66.
- Kryandel/Nocturial: 66/58/57.
- Kryamane/Nocturial: No Kryamane Plates on-hand.
70 skill. Actually hits 70 exactly without a potion. Recalls Nocturial Leather at 400-500 gold per. Requires seven.

Rowan check: Recommends Goldnester or Wingu clothes. (Scrapes by with worse, though. (63 * .4) + (51 * .3) + (x * .2) + 4.9 + 4.9 = 58. x = 38.5. Assumed a 4.9 Urban Necklace and 4.9 Urban potion. Grinds less with better clothes or potion.)

Armor: Should be able to forge it, if possible. 85/85 Metal/Forging.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:10 pm UTC

Thanks everyone. I'm gradually getting some wyvern leather from the bear meat turnin and have a mine in Ren mountains, so can make the domane plates for the boots, then change footwear depending on what's being fought. Chance is right, I can't afford Noct leather yet :shock:

Clothes for urban are currently silk cape, goldnester tunic, wingu shirt / faulds / trousers, so once hero and companion stats are increased, I'll be able to make the urban check with a potion that dropped in Elisime. Can reach 44 archeology without potion using precise eli scraper which was a quest reward from something in Lanfar (Cerry, perhaps?) and bracelet.

Is there any data on whether a the +5 to all defensive talisman does anything useful in combat versus using a necklace with approx +5 to the appropriate terrain stat? I made one but didn't notice any great difference from casual observation.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:44 pm UTC

Terrain stats have a weird effect on combat. The only thing for certain is that with 0 stat you're going to miss ~15% of the time. That miss chance seems to rapidly decrease if you have even any of the land stat at all. I have no idea if that miss chance is a delta between your land skill and the monster's or what. That said, almost anyone you'd need to dodge against is going to be a boss which all have significant land skills in the area they're fighting in. So I suspect a land talisman will have no practical effect on combat unless your land skill is VERY low. The defensive one is better but any defensive that isn't armor is only going to increase your dodge chance. At around 25 points higher than the enemy attack you will dodge almost every hit. That dodge chance also seems to dramatically drop as the difference changes. Even at 23 points different you're going to be taking significantly more hits. So defensive talismans CAN help with dodge chance but again against most bosses it's not going to matter that much. Talismans are best used to skew your defenses one way or another so you force enemies to hit you with the stat you have the strongest armor for (or avoiding your lowest armor stat).

In Odi/dom armor you want to push away from blunt and towards piercing. A blunt defense talisman can be useful for bosses who's stats are close to one another. Someone like Watchmaker it won't really matter since his blunt offense is WAY higher than his others (and in the 80s so dodge chance will be practically nil anyways). But I know it matters for Wyvernus. I use a 5.0 slash defense Talisman against him instead of my 5.0 def all talisman because in some circumstances his stats can line up so that he's hitting me with slashing in my kdel/dom armor which is REALLY bad.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:47 pm UTC

Hadn't thought about using the single defense skill talismans in that way, but it makes complete sense so I'll start collecting the pieces and making a set.

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:27 pm UTC

Unveiled a new quest. Vanishes after this weekend. Involves finding up to twenty witnesses. May only claim one reward. Edit: Claimed it possible to complete after this weekend. Must grab it before the weekend ends, however. Edit2: Might allow multiple rewards. Displays options still. Disappears upon turning in the quest.

- One: 20 Foggy Pearls
- Five: 110 Foggy Pearls, Festive Jug (all 70s Coordination potion), 2 Greengold Dyes, and 2 Cyanblue Dyes.
- Twelve: 250 Foggy Pearls, 2 Festive Jugs, 2 Wingu Fabrics, 1 Volcanite Block, and 1 Volriziar Glass.
- Twenty: 500 Foggy Pearls, 4 Festive Jugs, 2 Wingu Fabrics, 2 Volcanite Blocks, 2 Volriziar Glass, 2 Galandor Ingots, and 2 Nocturial Leather.

Working on witnesses currently. Editing them in. Appears solely on-site, thus far. Added approximate locations, for easier exploration. Heard five in Hawkoria, seven in Lanfar, and eight in Norstria/Tarasquan.

1. Hunting Camp, Riverwood Forest (2, 193). 3 Forest + 8 Leadership.
2. Teasan Village. 8 Leadership.
3. Craneharbor. 8 Leadership.
4. Hawkoria > Knowledge District > Universalium Falconium. 8 Leadership.
5. Hawkoria > Military District. 8 Leadership.

6. Enorwen’s Trading Post > First Rest Tavern. 20 Leadership.
7. Sheros Community. 20 Urban + 20 Leadership.
8. Borzem Camp. 18 Urban + 20 Leadership.
9. Torten Camp. 15 Forest + 20 Leadership.
10. Luxuriant Estate, Hills of the Seven Mirrors (-9, 207). 40 Hills + 20 Leadership.
11. Maliken Harbor > Falconers' Small Fort. 33 Urban + 20 Leadership.
12. Kor Shelian's Cabin. 20 Urban + 20 Leadership.

13. Farlamburg, Starfield. 40 Urban + 35 Leadership.
14. Lupuntars' Fortress, Starfield. 50 Forest + 35 Leadership.
15. Molins' Ruins, Starfield. 45 Snow + 35 Leadership.
16. Snow Star, Forest of the Last Assault. 42 Urban + 35 Leadership.
17. Lamberg Forest Society, Forest of the Last Assault (138, 284). 55 Forest + 35 Leadership.
18. Eufelburg, Jotun Forest. 52 Forest + 35 Leadership.
19. Lower Depths (Suspicious Lodging House). 46 Urban + 35 Leadership.
20. Tarasquan Doors. 57 Swamp + 35 Leadership.
Last edited by Deva on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:02 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:21 pm UTC

Even the 12 witness one is nice and easy enough to get all my alts through most likely. Guess I'll be running these on Sat/Sunday.

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:10 am UTC

I have neglected swamp, and I don't think I can reach that 57 this weekend :o.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:06 pm UTC

It appears that the handin options and the testimonies will remain available, but you won't be able to start the quest with Mave after this weekend (my interpretation of information on official forum)

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 pm UTC

Bothered to obtain a Forgery Workshop’s Key. Messed with Secret Vaults. Decided to share, despite being niche.

Locations by base favor yield
Spoiler:
Single Secret Vault

Code: Select all

Total Urban Craft Com Acad Mili Poli Crim
Loudthunder      600   100   120 110    0  110   80   80
Plains of Hawk   540   100   100  80   80   80  100    0
Giant Plains     500    40     0 120    0  110  120  110
Goldenfog        450    80    80  80   80    0   80   50
Whitestone       440    80   100 100   80    0   80    0
Whispering       430     0    80 110  120    0    0  120
Lufomir          350     0   150   0    0  100  100    0
Seven Mirrors    320     0     0   0  110  100  110    0
Shortblades      280     0    80  80    0  120    0    0
Shortpoint       260     0    50   0   80   80    0   50
Howling          250    40     0   0    0    0  100  110
Highaerie        240    80    80   0    0   80    0    0
Renaissance      220     0     0   0  110    0    0  110
Riverwood        180     0   100   0    0    0    0   80
Kingfalcon       180     0     0   0    0  100   80    0
Berrywood        160    80     0  80    0    0    0    0
Longwatch        160     0     0   0    0   80    0   80
Silver           150     0     0  50  100    0    0    0
Threebrothers    150     0     0   0    0   50    0  100
Gruffgoat         80     0     0   0    0    0    0   80

Two Secret Vaults. Displays the maximum of both locations.

Code: Select all

Total Urban Craft Com Acad Mili Poli Crim
Loudthunder + Whispering          760   100   120 110  120  110   80  120
Plains of Hawk + Giant Plains     740   100   100 120   80  110  120  110
Loudthunder + Seven Mirrors       740   100   120 110  110  110  110   80
Loudthunder + Renaissance         740   100   120 110  110  110   80  110
Plains of Hawk + Whispering       730   100   100 110  120   80  100  120
Whitestone + Giant Plains         720    80   100 120   80  110  120  110
Giant Plains + Whispering         710    40    80 120  120  110  120  120
Goldenfog + Giant Plains          700    80    80 120   80  110  120  110
Plains of Hawk + Loudthunder      700   100   120 110   80  110  100   80
Loudthunder + Silver              700   100   120 110  100  110   80   80
Whispering + Lufomir              700     0   150 110  120  100  100  120
Whitestone + Loudthunder          680   100   120 110   80  110   80   80
Goldenfog + Loudthunder           680   100   120 110   80  110   80   80
Plains of Hawk + Renaissance      680   100   100  80  110   80  100  110
Loudthunder + Giant Plains        680   100   120 120    0  110  120  110
Loudthunder + Shortpoint          680   100   120 110   80  110   80   80
Plains of Hawk + Howling          650   100   100  80   80   80  100  110
Loudthunder + Howling             650   100   120 110    0  110  100  110
Loudthunder + Lufomir             650   100   150 110    0  110  100   80
Giant Plains + Lufomir            650    40   150 120    0  110  120  110

Listed none below 650 total. Offers to post more, upon request.

Short version:
- Building one? Loudthunder Forest.
- Building two? Loudthunder Forest and Whispering Forest.

Materials
Secret Vault: All Slate. Easy. (18 Forest. Relied on a Forest Protosensor. May need slightly better without it. Note: Requires Stone Vaults, Stone Walls, and Stone Foundations. Allows any Fortification.)

Forgery Table options:
- 16 Spying: Copper/Casadir/Marl.
- 33 Spying: Brass/Doctarius/Sandstone.
- 46 Spying: Blueroc/Marapidos/Lanferite.
- 49 Spying: (Kryanroc/Kryandel/Galandor) / Marapidos / Xuran.
- 63 Spying: Kryandel/Volriziar/Volcanite.

Benefits most from better glass. (Kryandel -> Copper: -7. Volcanite -> Marl: -7. Volriziar -> Casadir: -32.) Preferred Blueroc/Lanferite/Marapidos.

Tasks
16 Forgery Table at Loudthunder Forest.
24 Spying location. 8 Prestige. 13 Abrasion Strength.
- Urban: 3-6. 15 Spying.
- Craft: 3-5. 20 Spying.
- Commercial: 2-5. 22 Spying.
- Academic: None.
- Military: 2-5. 30 Spying.
- Political: 2-4, 92%. 35 Spying.
- Criminal: 2-3, 92%. 40 Spying.

46 Forgery Table at Loudthunder Forest.
51 Spying location. 8 Prestige. 18 Abrasion Strength.
- Urban: 4-6.
- Craft: 3-6.
- Commercial: 3-5.
- Academic: None.
- Military: 3-5.
- Political: 2-4.
- Criminal: 2-3.

46 Forgery Table at Whispering Forest.
51 Spying location. 8 Prestige. 18 Abrasion Strength.
- Urban: None.
- Craft: 2-4.
- Commercial: 3-5.
- Academic: 3-6. 25 Spying.
- Military: None.
- Political: None.
- Criminal: 3-4.

Seal recipes
Solardran: Visit Hawkoria > Merchants’ District. Check the Spying tab. 71.4 effort task. Demands ten Commercial Favors, five Urban Favors, and five Military Favors.
Gold: Go to Hawkoria > Artisans' District. Click the Spying tab. 71.4 effort task. Asks for ten Commercial Favors, ten Criminal Favors, and twenty Craft Favors.
Last edited by Deva on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 pm UTC

Seems like the 46 vault isn't terribly expensive and does increase some yield so is probably the most effective to use.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:47 pm UTC

Might be difficult to craft for non-Engineers without connections, though. Recalls 54 skill for Blueroc/Marapidos/Lanferite. (Leveled Engineering for Metascience, fortunately.)

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:26 pm UTC

Reference: this thread.

Possibly useful context: Started trading Galandor Nuggets for gold, Azulio, or Volcanite. Revoked all trades later. Reopened it with Azulio only.

Fails to understand how that went so poorly. Suggested a lower price. Called that passive aggressive. Considered that untrue. Participated largely because of that. (Thought it too high also, however.) Defended the reason why. Never maligned their integrity (knowingly, at least). Explicitly highlighted the Azulio trade as excellent. Encouraged making good use of their effort.

Does anyone else have insight? (Knows better than to ask there. Foresees it going worse.)

Grop

Postby Grop » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:31 am UTC

Well Deva I think you have made your point already. Woody is upset that their prices are discussed, and we can't change that through more discussion.

Deva

Postby Deva » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:48 pm UTC

Will not disagree. How would one join that conversation without upsetting someone similarly again, though? Mentioned private messages recently. Seems ill-suited for discussion. (Admittedly intended to sell, not necessarily discuss.) Probably misprices goods constantly (both ways), especially rarer items. Reaches conclusions more reliably with more input and easier viewing.

Imagines parallels between this and group play in massively multiplayer online games. Reacts generally poorly to criticism in group chat, supposedly. Responds more positively in private. Stretches for pricing goods versus actively playing, however.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:21 pm UTC

Yeah I don't understand the ridiculous overreaction there. You post a price and if people feel its "wrong" there will be discussion. I don't see a problem with it. I didn't see anyone taking any personal attacks except Ectorr frankly and he was DEFENDING Woody. Both your post Deva and even fingon's that were saying the price was too high, were both quite cordial (perhaps fingon's a bit less). I remember seeing galandor ingots for sale at around 1k each which already means the 200g price tag was too high. Add in the analysis of how the metal itself has such limited use, yeah I can't understand why that thread actually became controversial in the OTHER direction.

Return to “Gaming”