Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:49 am UTC

Fitzfool wrote:Any new stone cutting recipes worth looking into? I'll probably need to look into new clothing then for the rep, I'm still rocking huberian stuff.

According to the game guide: Xuran Block (discoverable), Lithosnow Monolith (at Collapsed Mine), and Runic Mortar and Pestle (probably some vendor, possibly multiple).

Some gathering costs:
- Clandestine Agreements: 65 silver, 10 copper
- Naval Agreements: 23 silver, 44 copper
- Odiemel Nuggets: 17 silver, 64 copper
- Lump of Marapis: 4 silver, 50 copper

Needed very little comfort for Pages, Prospectors, and Laborers.

Noticed a 55 Engineering thesis too. Provides relatively painless skill-ups.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 am UTC

No new stone weapon yet? I was hoping they'd fix the stone maces to incorporate the handles into the stats. I assume the monolith will need a guild quarry. I'll have to check out the game guide when I get home, can't load it at work.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:28 am UTC

Nice, our companions returned to our group, and what they collected went into bags so we don't have to fetch them.

We have expanded the domain in the Den a bit too much, I had queued some late expanding tasks.

User avatar
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:59 pm UTC

Deva wrote:
Fitzfool wrote:Any new stone cutting recipes worth looking into? I'll probably need to look into new clothing then for the rep, I'm still rocking huberian stuff.

According to the game guide: Xuran Block (discoverable), Lithosnow Monolith (at Collapsed Mine), and Runic Mortar and Pestle (probably some vendor, possibly multiple).

Some gathering costs:
- Clandestine Agreements: 65 silver, 10 copper
- Naval Agreements: 23 silver, 44 copper
- Odiemel Nuggets: 17 silver, 64 copper
- Lump of Marapis: 4 silver, 50 copper

Needed very little comfort for Pages, Prospectors, and Laborers.

Noticed a 55 Engineering thesis too. Provides relatively painless skill-ups.



Oddly enough this is the exact list that my alt-army was gathering.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 pm UTC

Ugh, need a counter and furniture, and you cant buy that from store. Also, none of my alts can use slaves. Apparently, you need to build a location in order to put slaves to work. That's annoying...

My two herbalists now have their own rudimentary potion locations. I'm thinking of making better machines on my main so they can train up herbalism better. Do I need fancy frameworks or just vendor frames/roof with the best machine I can make?

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

Vendor pieces and the best machine possible.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Ugh, need a counter and furniture, and you cant buy that from store. Also, none of my alts can use slaves. Apparently, you need to build a location in order to put slaves to work. That's annoying...


Furniture can be bought from vendor at Hawk. Regarding the counter, if you don't find a good price on market, many people in guild should be able to make you one.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:19 pm UTC

Compiled some early Norstria vendors.

Caleron
Requires 20 Caleron. Location: Noroft Port, Lufomir
Concession: Lufomir. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Starfield. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Forest of the Last Assault. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Recipe: Healing Horn. Herbalism. 13 gold, 80 silver.
Recipe: Dexterity Horn. Herbalism. 30 gold, 47 silver, 50 copper.
Recipe: Meticulousness Horn. Herbalism. 28 gold, 75 silver.
Bricolum: Runic Compass. Engineering. 69 gold.

Requires 40 Caleron. Location: Obero Caleron’s Manor, Lufomir
Concession: Cape End-of-the-World. 115 gold.
Concession: Dragons’ Jaw. 115 gold.
Concession: Jotun Forest. 115 gold.
Recipe: Runic Saw. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Scissors. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Lumberjack Axe. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Pliers. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Sieve. Foundrywork. 138 gold.
Technique: Azulio. Woodcutting. 5 gold, 74 silver, 99 copper.

Vinnerson
Requires 20 Vinnerson. Location: Noroft Port, Lufomir
Concession: Lufomir. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Starfield. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Forest of the Last Assault. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Recipe: Healing Horn. Herbalism. 13 gold, 80 silver.
Recipe: Coordination Horn. Herbalism. 29 gold, 99 silver, 20 copper.
Recipe: Mobility Horn. Herbalism. 25 gold, 29 silver, 99 copper.
Bricolum: Runic Compass. Engineering. 69 gold.

Requires 40 Vinnerson. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Recipe: Galandor Nuggets. Foundrywork. 28 gold, 75 silver.
Concession: Cape End-of-the-World. 115 gold.
Concession: Dragons’ Jaw. 115 gold.
Concession: Jotun Forest. 115 gold.
Recipe: Runic Trowel. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Whip. Tanning. 138 gold.
Bricolum: Runic Bellows. Engineering. 138 gold.
Bricolum: Runic Scale. Engineering. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Awl. Foundrywork. 138 gold.
Technique: Giant Salandrin. Woodcutting. 87 gold, 5 silver, 49 copper.

Jotungar
Requires 20 Jotungar. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Concession: Lufomir. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Starfield. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Forest of the Last Assault. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Recipe: Healing Horn. Herbalism. 13 gold, 80 silver.
Recipe: Vision Horn. Herbalism. 27 gold, 60 silver, 57 copper.
Recipe: Endurance Horn. Herbalism. 23 gold, 4 silver, 2 copper.
Bricolum: Runic Compass. Engineering. 69 gold.

Requires 40 Jotungar. Location: Collapsed Mine, Starfield
Concession: Cape End-of-the-World. 115 gold.
Concession: Dragons’ Jaw. 115 gold.
Concession: Jotun Forest. 115 gold.
Recipe: Runic Pickaxe. Foundrywork. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Compasses. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Scraper. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Billhook. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Stone Chisel. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Lithosnow Monolith. 2 gold, 69 silver, 9 copper.

Soriason
Requires 20 Soriason. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Concession: Lufomir. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Starfield. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Concession: Forest of the Last Assault. 57 gold, 50 silver.
Recipe: Healing Horn. Herbalism. 13 gold, 80 silver.
Recipe: Regeneration Horn. Herbalism. 23 gold, 22 silver, 99 copper.
Recipe: Intelligence Horn. Herbalism. 31 gold, 5 silver, 57 copper.
Bricolum: Runic Compass. Engineering. 69 gold.

Requires 40 Soriason. Location: Molins' Ruins, Starfield.
Note: Appears near the end of "The Right to Information" quest chain from Halmvik.
Concession: Cape End-of-the-World. 115 gold.
Concession: Dragons’ Jaw. 115 gold.
Concession: Jotun Forest. 115 gold.
Recipe: Runic Blacksmith's Hammer. Foundrywork. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Spying Case. Engineering. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Spade. Forging. 138 gold.
Recipe: Runic Mortar and Pestle. Stonecutting. 138 gold.
Bricolum: Runic Plane. Engineering. 138 gold.
Blueprint: Porch. 11 gold, 4 silver, 5 copper.

Shadow
Requires 40 Shadow. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Recipe: Solettam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Demonam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Nocturiam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Nuertam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.

Glory
Requires 5 Glory. Location: Larsen Farm, Lufomir
Recipe: Jutug. Sewing. Free.
Butchery: White Aurochs. Hunting. 1 silver, 84 copper.

Requires 30 Glory. Location: Farlamburg, Starfield
Recipe: Marblan Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Blueam Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Slatan Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Palplanam Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.

Requires 35 Glory. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Recipe: Nuertam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Ornam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Wyvernam Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Chimeram Dye. Herbalism. 141 gold, 45 silver.

Requires 40 Glory. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Recipe: Eliandan Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Kryandanam Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Odienan Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.
Recipe: Simboran Dye. Alchemy. 141 gold, 45 silver.

Aristocracy
Requires 40 Aristocracy. Location: Halmvik, Lufomir
Recipe: Glass Horn. Jewelry. 160 gold, 99 silver, 99 copper.
Template: Volcano Heart. Jewelry. 11 gold, 49 silver, 99 copper.
Template: Comet Heart. Jewelry. 11 gold, 49 silver, 99 copper.
Template: Sunstone. Jewelry. 86 gold, 24 silver, 99 copper.
Template: Moonstone. Jewelry. 86 gold, 24 silver, 99 copper.

War
Found none so far.

Edit: For the recent update.
Last edited by Deva on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:45 pm UTC, edited 6 times in total.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:49 pm UTC

You know what'd be a good project for this thread? On the first page, someone creates a link to every mini-guide people make here.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Izawwlgood » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:27 pm UTC

So many! Send me links to the posts and I'll edit them in.

What's the deal with the runic varieties of things?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:46 pm UTC

For the first post:
List of Trims
Reaching the Den

Normal Blacksmith Hammer: Base 1 Forging
Runic Blacksmith Hammer: Base 15 Forging. Uses Meta Ingots only (Domane, Odiemel, Eliandel, Blueroc, Krya*, and Galandor) and a Rune.

Glued together Tree's screenshots, also.
Norstria Map.jpg
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:11 pm UTC

Runic items also use runes in their construction which allows you to add better stats of some types. So if something uses high hardness you could add a hardness rune so it would use THAT stat (or maybe average it) with the other materials.

Of course all that can only be done in a Nortrian temple. Which needs to be built IN Norstria. And needs a castle built first.

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:50 am UTC

Sounds like it will be a long time before runic enhanced items are available then. Any companions immediately available or are inns/guild buildings required? Could use something to raise my authority some more. Have the next couple days off, hope to get into nostria to explore some myself.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:33 pm UTC

You need to finish the Imperial Banquet (new "festival") before you get the recipe to the castle or the guild inn (Mansion). The guild inn should let us recruit new companions and raise authority though. It also doesn't look too bad to build.

User avatar
Biliboy
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:43 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Biliboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:30 am UTC

My alt is finally finishing up the bedding for the second outpost going into the shipyard. I'll be leaving tomorrow for a few days of out of town work, if anyone potentially benefiting from a place to sleep in the shipyard (or working companions there, now)would like to expand 500 space while I'm gone, I'll get the outpost crafted and dropped in when I get back.

I'll also need again 3 towers and 2 fortifications of just about any type (just need to meet the forest requirement which I think the vendor cloth walls/roof should hit (correct me if I'm wrong).

This will probably be my last outpost donation :p making 20 bedding with 15 fabric each takes roughly 90 straight hours, not counting gathering stuff to make thread from, or the 200 planks for the furniture, the banner, vendor mats, build costs etc.

(http://i.imgur.com/ScjaGll.png mats list in case anyone is interested) Any other guild domain with potential companion gathering will need an outpost, and the land requirements need to be met, so lanfar outposts will take crazy materials.

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:50 am UTC

I'm going to be clearing out my bags tomorrow and throwing a ton of stuff on the market, is there any mats that people in the guild need currently, send me a message in game ( Fitz) with what ya need and I'll see what I can help with. Also if anyone has any irlandanid lumps, i'll trade you blocks for the lumps or some other arrangement.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:56 am UTC

The outpost is appreciated Biliboy.

On another note I was speaking to some other guilds and it looks like we'll need another Monolith Quarry and another Vertical mine before we can get the stone delegation done. This is because of the 58 extracting requirement on the lanferite boulder. Looks like the only reasonable way to get that high would be to extract Marapis boulders in shortblades (so need a monolith quarry there) and then extracting Charbalitic clusters in Three brothers mountains (I think its a vertical mine with stone rails for that). On the upside those two locations are much easier to build in than Renaissance. I'll look up what is needed for those two tonight when I can play around a bit. I suspect they'll be fairly cheap.

That said we're looking at 3 more domains to build in that case. One in shortblades, one in three brothers and then the final one in loudthunder so we can eventually move the lanferite boulder to the HQ. I'll send out the gold requirement for those tonight as well since I've been buying the other domains myself. Other than that, guild wise we just need to keep working on the guild Agreements. I know there are at least a couple of people working them since there have been some new ones appearing in the guild hall over the weekend. These are very time consuming so it would really help if everyone pitched in. Another festival will be up tonight as well so I'll throw the mandates in. Completing those two festivals will get a good chunk of the agreements for the stone delegation, but we'll still a long ways off the Imperial Banquet for the castle and guild inn recipes. Keep up the good work guys, and if people need help with quests or other aspects to get them up to Elisime/Den area let me know. You'll find things a lot easier when you can get gold more easily via a little time in Elisime.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:49 pm UTC

Is there a private building that we can make for spying? Something that would get us more favors per gems?

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 pm UTC

There is a private building but the plan for it (and the machine) requires the Forgery workshop key.

User avatar
JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

Chen wrote:The outpost is appreciated Biliboy.

On another note I was speaking to some other guilds and it looks like we'll need another Monolith Quarry and another Vertical mine before we can get the stone delegation done. This is because of the 58 extracting requirement on the lanferite boulder. Looks like the only reasonable way to get that high would be to extract Marapis boulders in shortblades (so need a monolith quarry there) and then extracting Charbalitic clusters in Three brothers mountains (I think its a vertical mine with stone rails for that). On the upside those two locations are much easier to build in than Renaissance. I'll look up what is needed for those two tonight when I can play around a bit. I suspect they'll be fairly cheap.

That said we're looking at 3 more domains to build in that case. One in shortblades, one in three brothers and then the final one in loudthunder so we can eventually move the lanferite boulder to the HQ. I'll send out the gold requirement for those tonight as well since I've been buying the other domains myself. Other than that, guild wise we just need to keep working on the guild Agreements. I know there are at least a couple of people working them since there have been some new ones appearing in the guild hall over the weekend. These are very time consuming so it would really help if everyone pitched in. Another festival will be up tonight as well so I'll throw the mandates in. Completing those two festivals will get a good chunk of the agreements for the stone delegation, but we'll still a long ways off the Imperial Banquet for the castle and guild inn recipes. Keep up the good work guys, and if people need help with quests or other aspects to get them up to Elisime/Den area let me know. You'll find things a lot easier when you can get gold more easily via a little time in Elisime.



I think it would be much easier if you were to find a guild you can rent time from, since you're only trying to get some personal skill. You don't need the materials.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:48 pm UTC

Arguably having a collective marapis quarry could be useful; but probably not worth the cost.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:58 pm UTC

Eh its possible I suppose. That said the marapis boulders can be useful for the metallurgical factory in the Den. With the new metascience machines engineers should have a task that can raise their skill high enough to make that high furnace now.

Speaking of which, how much Volrizier glass do we have, as a guild here? I still have my 2 pieces. It may be in our interests to use it to build an engineering desk at some point. I believe its 10 glass for the desk. Not sure if there are any other machines that use volrizier, I don't think there is. I guess we can also see how long it takes to get an alt up to that point of completing the quest but I suspect that's a fairly long time with some difficult skill checks in between.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm UTC

My main is working on getting engineering up to speed. Until then, does anyone have any spare machines for my alts? I need to set up decent workshops in all of my alts homes; the basic machines just won't cut it.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 pm UTC

I may have a few spare (stone) mining rails, but I have sold all other machines when they became obsolete.

Note that if you can afford the mats for a machine that you can't assemble yet, I can probably do that.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:50 pm UTC

It's a lot of machines though.

My 2 herbalists need good stoves, so I can eventually unlock better pots than 20/5 healing.
My 2 fashion/smiths need 1 of each metal and fashion machines, and there are a lot of things for each skill.
My woodsman needs 1 of each.
My hunter needs the butcher and bone carver machines.
My stonemason needs all the stone machines.
And for me I may need something to help tame things.

So anything you have to spare will help but it's going to be too much time to ask you to make everything I need even if I provide mats, thus I'm training my main in engineering. Tempted to train my stonemason in engineering as well, just to have infinite sketches.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Speaking of which, how much Volrizier glass do we have, as a guild here? I still have my 2 pieces. It may be in our interests to use it to build an engineering desk at some point. I believe its 10 glass for the desk. Not sure if there are any other machines that use volrizier, I don't think there is. I guess we can also see how long it takes to get an alt up to that point of completing the quest but I suspect that's a fairly long time with some difficult skill checks in between.

Six. Could use it for Jewelry, however. Rates best at Prospection, Jewelry, Taming, Exploration, Leadership (tied with Volcanite), Engineering, Alchemy, Urban (tied with Volcanite), and Desert.

Other options for Volrizier: Plants Dryer (Botany Machine), Experimentation Table (Alchemy Machine), Scale (Commerce tool), and Compass (Exploration tool). Note: Did not test all glass. Tended to crush others.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:06 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:My 2 fashion/smiths need 1 of each metal and fashion machines, and there are a lot of things for each skill.
My woodsman needs 1 of each.
Just to point out, the factory and shipyard are probably better than what your personal workshops can be.

I can cut the giant oaks (47), but man, it took a bit of finagling.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10550
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 pm UTC

Except we don't have room for all my alts. Only 1 of them is currently in the guild.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:42 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Six. Could use it for Jewelry, however. Rates best at Prospection, Jewelry, Taming, Exploration, Leadership (tied with Volcanite), Engineering, Alchemy, Urban (tied with Volcanite), and Desert.

Other options for Volrizier: Plants Dryer (Botany Machine), Experimentation Table (Alchemy Machine), Scale (Commerce tool), and Compass (Exploration tool). Note: Did not test all glass. Tended to crush others.


Since it's such a limited resource we should be using it for machines/tools that are necessary to progress past some sort of break point. I know in an engineering table it's required to be able to make the high end volrizier tools (scale, compass, still) and the high furnace for the Den. I don't believe the experimentation table would unlock anything since you can make the highest balms (slashing offense for a boar) without it. I don't know if the Volrizier compass is necessary (there are some 60 difficulty explore locations but I think I can hit that with a potion) and I also doubt the volrizier scale is necessary. The volrizier still for alchemy might be needed to hit those high end boar balms though (I don't recall exactly). Anyways we're not yet at that point I don't think but its something to consider.

Speaking of other rare resources, has anyone else gotten their combat ability up to the point of being able to kill the Mimicons (azulio) and/or Wyvernus (Nocturial leather)? I have 4 pieces of Nocturial leather set aside for guild usage (got it from trading some delegation recipes prior to the patch). We need 10 pieces to make a new forge for the metallurgical factory. I'm killing him every day but the drop rate is very low. I'm at 14 or so azulio planks I believe. Not sure what machine we'd make out of those yet.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

I really need to spend some time in an arena and level my defenses. They're currently in the high 30's.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Speaking of which, how much Volrizier glass do we have, as a guild here? I still have my 2 pieces.


Idem.

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I really need to spend some time in an arena and level my defenses. They're currently in the high 30's.


High 30s will be able to be trained in Elisime. The smaller trogs who hit harder have 40ish stats I believe. You just tank them while your companions kill the rest. This will be both less mind numbing than the arena and you'll make profit on the drops. The harnois you can wear with those stats will make it feel like the trogs are just tickling you. Another good thing to do is to burn a horn and go around doing a boss run: Blacktop->Araknidras->Royal goat ->Crodor->Prowler->Scorpidus. The goat can be bad if he has the attack buff and Scorpidus can take a long time to kill without a boar or chimera. But you should be able to kill all those bosses with just maxed out Yraen/Cerry and either a maxed attack squire, maxed attack sister (bit worse) or Gaspard (best of the 3). The bonus is they all have fairly high attack and you'll gain defense easily there. Mimicons are also worth killing but you either need your set of odie/dom harnois or a solid boar/chimera. With just harnois the kill will take a while but will work with fairly minimal risk unless you get very unlucky. With just the boar/chimera the kill is risky and you have to manipulate the intelligent creatures well so they don't kill your boar. With both it should be an almost guaranteed kill.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Therian Saga

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 pm UTC

I currently have the Silk Tabard as I can finally equip the thing. I'll have it back in a day or two, or whenever someone else requests it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 pm UTC

I have some azulio, maybe 7 planks, I'm not yet at the wyvernus not sure how I'm going to be able to kill him even with the boar though. I do have my 2 glass as well. I'll have to check my stone cutting but I'm not entirely sure all those quarries are needed, if we could in fact borrow another guilds quarries to level up I think that would be something worth considering.

jjl2357
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:43 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby jjl2357 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 am UTC

Looks like the Kryanite mine's up... wish we could put companions to work on that but it looks like we can't anymore :\

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 am UTC

jjl2357 wrote:Looks like the Kryanite mine's up... wish we could put companions to work on that but it looks like we can't anymore :\

Cant we if we built some kind of shelter or outpost there? Would take yet more mats and time and money but long run *shrug*

Chen
Posts: 5582
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:32 am UTC

I'm not sure if companions can even do collaborative tasks. I don't think they can.

We'll hold off on those extra domains to see if Fitz can maybe do an action or two somewhere to be able to hit the 58 needed for the lanferite boulder. He's further ahead in extracting than I am.

I believe there are still two domains we will need to buy for sure though. On has to be built in loudthunder so we can transfer the lanferite boulder from renaissance to the HQ (renaissance->loudthunder->huntingwood->whispering forest->HQ). I think we'll also need one in the Giant plains because we won't be able to get the kryanite out to the metallurgical factory otherwise. Even if we decide to make a metallurgical factory IN the Den (if possible) we'll still need the Giant plains domain so we can move the marapis boulders (or high furnace) from a shortblades quarry to the Den. I think the best plan is to put the Giant plains quarry RIGHT up at the Den's doors. This can leave us flexibility in where things can be moved out of the Den from. If we put that there I think the trip to the metallurgical factory will be pretty absurdly long though as it will be: Den->Giant plains->Loudthunder->Huntingwood->Whispering forest->Metallurgical factory. Cutting through the swamp would be faster, but would require a third domain.

Fitzfool
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Fitzfool » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 am UTC

Chen wrote:I'm not sure if companions can even do collaborative tasks. I don't think they can.

We'll hold off on those extra domains to see if Fitz can maybe do an action or two somewhere to be able to hit the 58 needed for the lanferite boulder. He's further ahead in extracting than I am.

I believe there are still two domains we will need to buy for sure though. On has to be built in loudthunder so we can transfer the lanferite boulder from renaissance to the HQ (renaissance->loudthunder->huntingwood->whispering forest->HQ). I think we'll also need one in the Giant plains because we won't be able to get the kryanite out to the metallurgical factory otherwise. Even if we decide to make a metallurgical factory IN the Den (if possible) we'll still need the Giant plains domain so we can move the marapis boulders (or high furnace) from a shortblades quarry to the Den. I think the best plan is to put the Giant plains quarry RIGHT up at the Den's doors. This can leave us flexibility in where things can be moved out of the Den from. If we put that there I think the trip to the metallurgical factory will be pretty absurdly long though as it will be: Den->Giant plains->Loudthunder->Huntingwood->Whispering forest->Metallurgical factory. Cutting through the swamp would be faster, but would require a third domain.


I'm more than happy to let you do the thinking and deciding, I'm a yes man, yes sir, what do you need me to do.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 am UTC

Chen wrote: I think the best plan is to put the Giant plains quarry RIGHT up at the Den's doors. This can leave us flexibility in where things can be moved out of the Den from. If we put that there I think the trip to the metallurgical factory will be pretty absurdly long though as it will be: Den->Giant plains->Loudthunder->Huntingwood->Whispering forest->Metallurgical factory. Cutting through the swamp would be faster, but would require a third domain.
Wouldn't it be optimal to move the factory to the giant plains quarry? I think we discussed doing that in the past?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Drumheller769
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:46 pm UTC
Location: ♞♞♞

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Drumheller769 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:03 pm UTC

So are there any low level mats that I can gather or make that would be of assistance? I can to tin/copper nuggets/bars, casserite and malachite nuggets, cedar and fir, and i can hunt rabbits and deer. I can also make bronze bars, and I can make copper/tin blades/chisels of varying quality.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests