Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Chen

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 pm UTC

I've added the megalithic building site, mansion and castle to the google docs.

Not sure the mats we want for the castle yet since they matter when building it (in terms of number of extra guild slots). We can still get started on the beams/monoliths though.

Also not sure if we want to make one cheap mansion for the prestige companion only (the 55 difficulty one) or wait and get all the mohair needed for the other ones too. Not sure if anyone else can actually hit the 55 leadership check for the highest companion. If it's just me, it might not be worth it and we should just build the expensive mansion.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:45 pm UTC

Finally beat Dowen, Cerry only has 2 defiance - that's insane.

Oh, and I finally did the thing I'd been rambling about.
Spoiler:
spiteidol.png
I WUV U TREEEEEEE
spiteidol.png (76.04 KiB) Viewed 6750 times
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 pm UTC

Hot damn, that's a lot of mechanical strength.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:29 pm UTC

Missed land and megamachine salvage from factories for the Megalithic Building Site.
_______

Acquired a Galandor Ingot. Cannot declare it best in anything. Lacks Gold and Krya* Ingots. Listed more precise values instead. Competes with Gold, presumably.

Not tested: Crossbow Lath, Thief Tools, anything with Cables, anything with plates, and some weapons.

Short version:
Machines/Tools
+5 and higher: Sewing Table, Stove, and Billhook.
+3 to +4: Scale, Conveyor, Trap, Experimentation Table, Cabinetmaker's Bench, Butcher's Table, and Sawmill.
+1 to +2: Engineer's Desk, Jeweler's Bench, Cutting Winch, and Sieve.

Other: Rivets (Assembly only), File, Statue, and Jewelry (Prospecting, Jewelry, Taming, Spying, Alchemy, and maybe Desert).

Long version:
Spoiler:
Scale: Galandor Ingot/Lanferum Glass: 43 Commerce (+4 over Blueroc)
Still: Galandor Ingot/Marapidos Glass: 44 Alchemy (Ties Odiemel)
Telescope: Ties everything.
Compass: Galandor Ingot/Volriziar Glass: 55 Exploration (-1 to Blueroc)
Plane: Galandor Ingot/Azulio Plank: 33 Woodworking (-8 to Odiemel)

Watermill: Worse than Blueroc
Conveyor: Galandor Ingot/Lanferite Block/Nuertesilicio Plank: 41 Archeology (+3 over Blueroc)
Trap: Galandor Ingot/Marapis Block/Gurdismo Plank: 39 Hunting (+4 over Odiemel)
Safe: Galandor/Marapis/Yew/Vargard: 28 Commerce (-1 to Blueroc)
Rails for Stones: Galandor/Melandrin: 37 Extracting (-3 to Odiemel)
Rails for Ore: Galandor/Melandrin: 36 Prospection (-1 to Domane)
Experimentation Table: Galandor/Volriziar/Marl: 64 Alchemy (+3 over Blueroc)
Engineer’s Desk: Melandrin/Oceanite/Volriziar/Galandor: 60 Engineering (+2 over Blueroc)
Cabinetmaker’s Bench: Gurdismo/Simblior/Galandor: 48 Woodworking (+3 over Eliandel and Blueroc)
Scaffolding: Azulio/Lanferite/Galandor: 44 Masonry (-3 to Eliandel)
Hoist: Salandrin/Lanferite/Galandor: 39 Stonecutting (-5 to Odiemel)
Jeweler’s Workbench: Azulio/Simblior/Galandor: 50 Jewelry (+2 over Blueroc)
Sewing Table: Salandrin/Borm/Galandor: 51 Sewing (+7 over Blueroc)
Stove: Galandor/Oceanite: 52 Herbalism (+9 over Blueroc)
Butcher’s Table: Salandrin/Oceanite/Galandor: 49 Hunting (+3 over Odiemel)
Crane: Azulio/Lanferite/Galandor: 43 Carpentry (-3 to Odiemel)
Sawmill: Galandor/Azulio/Simblior: 46 Woodcutting (+3 over Odiemel)
Cutting Winch: Galandor/Azulio: 43 Woodcutting (+1 over Odiemel)

Appears rough for crafting. 60 skill for Compasses and -8 Thermal Resistance with Coke, Fireleader, and Maliken’s forge. (Comparison: 47 skill and +7 Thermal Resistance for Blueroc.)
Jewelry Pliers: 32 Jewelry (-10 to Eliandel)
Scalpel: 16 Metascience (-2 to Domane)
Compasses: 33 Engineering (-1 to Eliandel)
Scissors: 31 Sewing (-17 to Domane)
Rivets: 20 Mechanical Strength, 51 Assembly Strength (-24 to Domane in Mechanical. +5 over Blueroc in Assembly.)
File: 37 Abrasion Strength (+3 over Domane)
Saw: 22 Carpentry (-15 to Odiemel)
Axe: 21 Woodcutting (-17 to Odiemel)
Pitch Fork: 22 Breeding (-13 to Domane)
Stone Chisel: 22 Stonecutting (-19 to Domane)
Billhook: 51 Botany (+11 over Blueroc)
Hunting Knife: 24 Hunting (-16 to Domane)
Trowel: 27 Masonry (-15 to Domane)
Scraper: 27 Archeology (-11 to Eliandel)
Spade: 22 Horticulture (-19 to Domane)
Fastener: 20 Stabilization Strength (-24 to Domane)
Blade: 16 Mechanical Strength (-17 to Domane)

Battle Spear: 28 Piercing (-7 to Domane)
Saber: 26 Slashing (-17 to Domane)
Halberd: 19/22/19 offenses (-1/-7/-18 to Domane)

Plates: 44 Prestige, 56 Finesse, 38 Lightness, 45 Immutability.
Statue: 24 Leadership, 53 Prestige (+7 Leadership and +11 Prestige over Silver)
Trim: 59 skill. 11 Shadow, 34 Glory, 19 Aristocracy, 27 War. (-5 Glory to Domane)
War Hammer: 27 Blunt (-1 to Steel)
Blacksmith’s Hammer: 22 Forging (-19 to Domane)
Jewelry Embellishment: 56 Finesse. Ties Volriziar. (Uses: Prospecting, Jewelry, Taming, Spying, Alchemy, and possibly Desert)
Pickaxe: 22 Extracting (-13 to Domane)
Awl: 24 Tanning (-13 to Eliandel)
Sieve: 44 Prospection (+2 over Blueroc)
Chisel: 16 Mechanical Strength (-17 to Domane)
Last edited by Deva on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:55 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Hot damn, that's a lot of mechanical strength.

Ah, I've made 50s. That's no big deal. But the 41 (and the 24) can be seen as a waste of resources as I had to burn a Sair Effigy to make that. Had I waited until I had a Sair Statuette, I could have made a 50.

So, it's a waste. Hence Tree's advice to not do it, which is good advice.

But that it was stated as a demand....... also, I got to inscribe something. You can write a hell of a lot on there. I was expecting 20 character limits, but looks like there's a lot of room to write stuff.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:49 pm UTC

Secondtalon is holding on to one of my sair effigies. I also have 2 more sair effigies. That 3 of them, no statuette...

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:32 pm UTC

Why is it a waste of resources? To make an odi/wyvern shield (admittedly not the best, but people seem to like them), you need to use an eliandel rivet. Which is a sad, sad waste of eliandel.

But yeah, otherwise with a 33, I seem to be able to use bronze rivets for odi/dom stuff. Who knows what's coming up though.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:46 pm UTC

Rarity. Identified approximately 716 common artifacts. Resulted in two Sair Effigies (0.279% chance). Improves to 0.698% with good luck (five drops).

(Previous data)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 pm UTC

What Deva said. If you want another rivet, you just make another rivet. On demand.

Oh, sure, maybe you have to go dig up the ore. And then refine the ore to nuggets, then smelt the nuggets to an ingot. And maybe that's even in a spot where you have to fight something at the end of every dig action. Hell, let's go all in and say you have to smelt it in a special combat smelter and make the ingot in the same place, making you fight a battle at the end of every single step.

But throughout the process, even with a minimal drop of 1 on each step of the way, you know with 100% certainty that at the end of the chain of events, you'll have that rivet in hand.

Not so with Statuettes, Lockets, Effigies or what have you. No no.

For Effigies, the drop rate seems consistent across the board for each kind. Effigies are found in Common Artifacts, which also drop Lockets.

So right out of the gate, you have a 50/50 shot of even getting an effigy.

Next, there are eight possible kinds - Ocra, Sair, Boen, Pior, Xiru, Ghur, Kria and Zius. So after the 50/50, you've a 1in8 of getting Sair. Or a 1 in 16 chance of getting a Sair Effigy of any sort.

Now we're in the part I'm not quite familiar with - I don't know the respective drop rates of the Worn, Damaged and Undamaged.

But I do know that undamaged is..real roughly.. 10%. If I ID 100 artifacts of any sort, I seem to pull roughly 10 undamaged ones. Sometimes it's more (yay!) sometimes it's less (boo!) but that's RNG. Without knowing completely what it is, let's assume I'm right. So a 1 in 10 chance, assuming my 1 in 16 fired right in the first place.

I have no idea how to math all that together to give you an expected drop rate.

Point being - Sair Effigies are pretty damn rare. Yes, if you ID 400 Common Artifacts, you will likely get one. But there's no assurance, no guarantee. You can get five by IDing 20 artifacts! Or you can get 0 out of that stack of 1000.

And that's why it's a "waste" of resources. Especially when it's an Effigy. Getting the Effigy is the hard part - the statuette is laughably easy in comparison, as Occult Artifacts only drop statuettes.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm UTC

Ah, gotcha. Well, at least the note was funny

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm UTC

Ooo that's how I get statuettes. I should get 3, so I can make 3 sair idols...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:22 pm UTC

Yeah, Ocra, Sair, Boen, Pior, Xiru, Ghur, Kria and Zius lockets and effigies are Common Artifacts. AKA the Strength Multipliers.
Arto, Nirm, Ward, Brim, Fira, and Lodo lockets and effigies are Military Artifacts. AKA the Combat Enhancers.
Ocra, Sair, Boen, Pior, Xiru, Ghur, Kria and Zius Statuettes are Occult Artifacts. AKA the funky half of the Idol Makers.
And I'm presuming Ducios, Comtar, Baronis, Princania, Royor, and Emperator lockets and effigies are Noble Artifacts. AKA the Combat Enhancers on Speed. Haven't dealt with them much, don't have a line on the gems needed to put them together, haven't seen the point myself in gathering them for that.

... and yeah, sorry Corrupt.. if you've been IDing common artifacts in the hopes of getting a Statuette.. that's like chopping oak hoping to get marapis (lol I don't even remember what marapis is). Ain't gonna happen.

Digging them up, on the other hand... you can dig up Common Artifacts and also pull an Occult, so that could actually work. If you were in to doing things the hard way. But it could work.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:29 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Getting the Effigy is the hard part - the statuette is laughably easy in comparison, as Occult Artifacts only drop statuettes.

Disagrees. Spends at least three times longer to dig up and identify. (Balances out somewhat from using Effigies for Talismans and Idols, however.)

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Izawwlgood wrote:Hot damn, that's a lot of mechanical strength.

Ah, I've made 50s. That's no big deal. But the 41 (and the 24) can be seen as a waste of resources as I had to burn a Sair Effigy to make that. Had I waited until I had a Sair Statuette, I could have made a 50.

So, it's a waste. Hence Tree's advice to not do it, which is good advice.

But that it was stated as a demand....... also, I got to inscribe something. You can write a hell of a lot on there. I was expecting 20 character limits, but looks like there's a lot of room to write stuff.

Can confirm.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 am UTC

Chen wrote:Also not sure if we want to make one cheap mansion for the prestige companion only (the 55 difficulty one) or wait and get all the mohair needed for the other ones too. Not sure if anyone else can actually hit the 55 leadership check for the highest companion. If it's just me, it might not be worth it and we should just build the expensive mansion.

Displayed mansion companions below.
Mansion Companions.png
Recruits only Diplomat with cheap materials.

Loses 540 Marl Blocks, 500 Fir Planks, 750 Linen Fabrics (already in storage), 100 trims (already in storage), and vendor parts from constructing early and demolishing.

- Marl Walls: 25 hours, 30 minutes
- Marl Fortifications: ~4 hours
- Linen Beddings: ~34 hours, 45 minutes
- Noble Furniture: 5 hours

Approximate lost time: 69 hours, 15 minutes. Considers that low for a guild project.

Does not need extra leadership points. Runs with Pages usually. Eyes Young Lord solely for Aristocracy. (Might want leadership points after that, however. Drains twenty-five.)

How much Norstrian Mohair Fabric does everyone have? Owns about fifty fabrics (including fibers).

Fitzfool

Postby Fitzfool » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:41 am UTC

I've been sending or selling most of my mohair fabrics off but I probably have 6 or so and if I continue to do the wingu commerce turn in I'll have about 10+ a week probably. Aside from the diplomat and maybe the young lord for more leadership I'm personally not impressed by any of them.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:57 am UTC

Deva wrote:Loses 540 Marl Blocks, 500 Fir Planks, 750 Linen Fabrics (already in storage), 100 trims (already in storage), and vendor parts from constructing early and demolishing.

- Marl Walls: 25 hours, 30 minutes
- Marl Fortifications: ~4 hours
- Linen Beddings: ~34 hours, 45 minutes
- Noble Furniture: 5 hours

Approximate lost time: 69 hours, 15 minutes. Considers that low for a guild project.

Does not need extra leadership points. Runs with Pages usually. Eyes Young Lord solely for Aristocracy. (Might want leadership points after that, however. Drains twenty-five.)

How much Norstrian Mohair Fabric does everyone have? Owns about fifty fabrics (including fibers).

Wait why are we losing the noble furniture if we disassemble it? It's only 1 item. We should get it back in its entirety. We should only lose the 25 marl walls and 2 marl fortifications (and a bunch of vendor stuff).

In terms of mohair I have:
39 fabrics
52 fibers
46 bundles
23 dead goats
Last edited by Chen on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:01 am UTC

Cannot reuse the Noble Furniture, except in perhaps a bad outpost. Could sell it, certainly. Doubts much demand.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:02 am UTC

Oh yeah right that's the piece that's being replaced. Duh.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:46 am UTC

Cracking first kry cluster. With an idol and a fire leader I can get away with a 43 thermal strength fuel, so, I guess I need some coke.

EDIT: Annnnnd server maintenance moments before I was going to queue up some more tasks for after. Bummer.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:23 am UTC

I have only 7 mohair fabrics at the moment.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 am UTC

Hmm, maybe I should train to be able to transport stuff, after I explore all the Norstria locations... ugh, I wish the market has enough eliandel for reinforcements.
Btw, any idea where to go for Tomb Raiders? The quest mentioned a lake between Forest of the last assault and Lufomir but the only two locations I can see next to the lake has no bandit camp, and it says it's supposed to be an on-site thing.
Also: Wow I want that Diplomat. 50 Urban... mmm...

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:11 pm UTC

I think the bandit camp they're talking about is the Night Archer's Inn. It's actually a fair bit further south than the lake I think. Almost near the border to the swamp area actually.

Has anyone tried transporting the Lanferite boulder out of renaissance? I'm not sure if we need another domain or not (in Loudthunder), or if we can just directly move it to Huntingwood (or the Giant plains but that'd be a huge detour). I figure we might as well get the stone delegation done, which in turn will let us make the megalithic building site. The only thing waiting for the banquet would get us early is the mansion and I'll just buy that recipe early anyways.

On another note, after the Castle there is the runic festival and fish festival to be done. One of the things for the fish festival is high end logs (not planks). So if you have gurdismo, salandrin or other harder to get logs and don't have any particular need for the planks, just hold on to the logs for now, we'll need them eventually. I say this since, previous to this, I'd just end up cutting all my extra logs into planks since logs themselves didn't have much use. Just something to keep in mind.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm UTC

I haven't tried transporting it (not sure if I can) mostly because I'm not sure where it's supposed to end up. The Factory by the Guildhall in Hawkoria?

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:14 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I haven't tried transporting it (not sure if I can) mostly because I'm not sure where it's supposed to end up. The Factory by the Guildhall in Hawkoria?

The boulder needs to go to the headquarters since that's where the Delegation is completed from. You have to transport to adjacent regions and domains though. It'll tell you if you can't due to that. My original thought was that we need a domain in loudthunder to connect Huntingwood and renaissance. I'm not even sure the long way (Renaissance->Giant Plains->Huntingwood) would even work. It would also probably tack on something like 20 hours of transport, though I guess 20 hours once (less if you used some movement horns) vs 175g for another domain in an area that won't really use it might be worthwhile.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

Chen wrote:You have to transport to adjacent regions and domains though.

What counts as a region? The named stuff here?

So it'd be Ren > Loudthunder > Whispering > Factory?

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:49 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:What counts as a region? The named stuff here?

If Loudthunder and Whispering are adjacent then yes. However it might be quicker to go through Huntingwood instead. I know the Huntingwood->Whispering Forest line is a pretty ideal way to get from Whispering forest into Huntingwood (I set it up that way). Not sure how it would connect the dots if you tried going Loudthunder->Whispering forest without hitting Huntingwood. I suspect it'd detour you a fair bit south since that's where it appears those two connect. Can't really test that out without dropping another domain though, which is why I'd like someone to try transporting from Renaissance to Giant Plains. Note you don't actually have to move anything to see if the path works. Just go to the renaissance domain, select the Giant Plains and click the "Transport to" button instead of the "Move to" button.

And its to the HQ not the factory. We don't have to do anything to that boulder, the boulder itself is used for the delegation.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:59 pm UTC

Chen, just want to confirm you want a kryandel compass. I can have it ready tonight.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:09 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Chen, just want to confirm you want a kryandel compass. I can have it ready tonight.

Compasses, the engineering tool. But yes. It should be 41 Strength I believe.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:51 pm UTC

Chen wrote:
Izawwlgood wrote:Chen, just want to confirm you want a kryandel compass. I can have it ready tonight.

Compasses, the engineering tool. But yes. It should be 41 Strength I believe.

Actually, if you have any eliandel nuggets, please send them, I'm like 2 shy. EDIT: NM, chance hooked me up.
Last edited by Izawwlgood on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:07 pm UTC

Going to test that lanferite boulder transport question.

Tested: I can't move it anywhere, not even to plains.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm UTC

Chen wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:What counts as a region? The named stuff here?

If Loudthunder and Whispering are adjacent then yes. However it might be quicker to go through Huntingwood instead. I know the Huntingwood->Whispering Forest line is a pretty ideal way to get from Whispering forest into Huntingwood (I set it up that way). Not sure how it would connect the dots if you tried going Loudthunder->Whispering forest without hitting Huntingwood. I suspect it'd detour you a fair bit south since that's where it appears those two connect. Can't really test that out without dropping another domain though, which is why I'd like someone to try transporting from Renaissance to Giant Plains. Note you don't actually have to move anything to see if the path works. Just go to the renaissance domain, select the Giant Plains and click the "Transport to" button instead of the "Move to" button.

As I've not really done anything with it, I am going to defer to your experience but as per the map... I don't see why Huntingwood would be a necessary step on the way to Hawkoria, as Whispering appears to be the same region that the Bridge is in.

Now, if you're trying to get it to the Giant Plains... nevermind all that, there's no reason to hit Whispering at all.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:As I've not really done anything with it, I am going to defer to your experience but as per the map... I don't see why Huntingwood would be a necessary step on the way to Hawkoria, as Whispering appears to be the same region that the Bridge is in.

Now, if you're trying to get it to the Giant Plains... nevermind all that, there's no reason to hit Whispering at all.

Only reason we've moved things through Huntingwood is because we needed to build a domain there anyways for the Giant Solone tree.

So Chance confirmed we need to put a domain down in loudthunder before we can move the boulder to the HQ. The Renaissance quarry is at the minimal distance between Renaissance (the zone) and the existing Huntingwood Domain. And the Huntingwood domain is at the minimal distance between Huntingwood (the zone) and the bridge.

The question becomes do I place the new domain directly in between the Renaissance and Huntingwood ones, making the trip: Renaissance->Loudthunder->Huntingwood->Whispering Forest->HQ or do we put the Loudthunder domain further south and make the trip: Renaissance->Loudthunder->Whispering Forest->HQ.

The number of zone transitions is irrelevant to the travel time, its total distance that is important. This should be fairly easy to test by going to the renaissance quarry and setting up travel to the Huntingwood domain and then the whispering forest one, and noting the time it takes. Then trying to find a faster route via going south in loudthunder from renaissance and cutting directly to whispering forest.

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:45 pm UTC

I would put that domain straight between Renaissance and Huntingwood domains, that should make for minimal distance and shorter tasks (therefore easier to unqueue).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm UTC

I'll put up a section on the google doc, or people can just chime in here, but I'm curious what the general contribution towards kryanite stuff is.

After getting Val his pieces, I'd like to try and sell a couple kry items to people to get the guild or the people who contributed a bit of cash. I don't have to be point on this of course, but given how annoying it is to get, I'd rather we all be on the same page about how kry gets used.

Grop

Postby Grop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:30 am UTC

What do you need these 600 coke units for btw? I don't have any, could set Morlet to extract some at Maliken mine.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:47 pm UTC

I assume the coke is for smelting the kryanite. I also assume its easier to get the coke than it is getting say gurdismo logs (especially since those are needed for the upcoming festival after the castle).

I think krya ingots go for around 300-400g each. What's the total time it takes to make one (getting the cluster, transporting, cracking and smelting)? Just wondering how cost effective it is selling krya things. I also presume the ingots will sell decently, though I suppose individual tools might as well. We will need guild funds at some point too, since the castle costs 5000g to put up. We're a long way from that and the intermediate steps are more time consuming than expensive (megalithic foundations and norstrian frames) so I think letting people who contributed to the krya make some money off it is fine.

Grop

Postby Grop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

Chen wrote:I think krya ingots go for around 300-400g each. What's the total time it takes to make one (getting the cluster, transporting, cracking and smelting)?

Without using a horn, transporting a cluster takes about one hour ; no energy cost, but one hour that is impossible to queue along with other tasks (as you need to be active to load and unload the thing).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:25 pm UTC

Each cluster is 10 fuel, and I can't find any coke on the market, and can't seem to get my thermal strength high enough to use anthracite. I need about 100 to finish cracking the rest of the clusters, but will probably grind extracting up real quick.

The transport being one hour is a drag, but also not too problematic if you're around for the day.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:23 pm UTC

How long does it take to extract a cluster though? I don't recall how many actions it takes to get one.

Return to “Gaming”