Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:21 pm UTC

Its a 30% action, so what is that, 12 attempts?

I think we have 12 clusters. That's 60 nuggets, so 20 ingots. 2 will goto Chen. I'd like to make a hammer, but 5 is a lot of ingots, so can fill for others first, or sell. So. Requests?

I may get a handful of nuggets first and advertise that we're selling tools, and go from there. In the interest making sure people don't feel taken advantage of, I want to be transparent with this. I'll look into hrs spent to get an idea of how much to charge, but theres obviously a huge markup due to difficulty of startup.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:34 pm UTC

Also, a kryamane stone chisel might be worth getting for fitz and I to share. I don't think we'll be able to cut lanferite boulders without it (the guild doesn't need them for anything, that's just the next "skill hump" in the stonecutting trade I think).

I will have my alt build a hut/quarry and start producing coke. Luckily the skill is juuuust low enough that T1 laborers can gather it. It'll take a few days, and I'm going on vacation so it might take longer.

IMO don't worry about taking advantage of people. It's a game, and hardball negotiating is fun. The most fun I've had in this game is when I nickel and dimed someone over a handful of cheap blocks. Also, once TREE told me he'd pay 100 gold for solardran fabric, then deva told him that it was only worth 90, but I still wouldn't let him have it for less than 100. Bwahahahaha. :)
-Adam

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:35 pm UTC

Off the current subject...

Spoiler:
I want a conveyor for the Shortblades Mountains. Noble Artifacts there are 20%. The best conveyor I can make for myself is... 25. A whole entire 10 points better than NPC. Wooo.

The current best configuration I've found with - again, the crap I have - Cedar Planks (I only have access to Pine, Fir, Solone, and Solone is equal to the other's lesser), Sandstone Blocks (Marble, Marl, Slate and Limestone being inferior) and Brass Ingots (Bronze, Copper, Zinc and Tin being inferior).

I cannot figure out what stat(s) I should be paying attention to as.. if nothing else, Cedar and Solone are identical in the machine's end result (well, outside of end price and end durability), but have completely different stats.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on what I should be paying attention to? I am not even sure where they cap out, so I'm not sure if a 40 strength machine (if I understand things correctly, that'll push Noble to 40%) is feasible at my cash-flow levels
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:40 pm UTC

I'm fine with driving a hard bargain or getting a great deal from someone, but I'm talking about not upsetting guildies. Especially since people helped mine the clusters and set up the mine and such.

But yeah... I'll sell these tools for 800 if I can find a buyer.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:48 pm UTC

If it's a 30% action and it follows the same rules as other things with presence it should be 400/30 = 14 actions to get one cluster which means ~28 hours. This means the total time per cluster is ~32 hours. Each cluster can produce 1.66 ingots (5 nuggets and 3 per ingot right?). So we're looking at ~19 hours per ingot. So somewhere between 15 and 25 gold per hour depending on how much you can sell the ingots for. Not sure how high the demand is though. High level tools are probably the best way to sell them, especially the tools that only require one ingot. You could probably sell those at the higher end (450ish gold I'd say) without too much trouble. I'd be surprised if you could get too much higher though.

The only other use for the ingots would be machines (see below) and armor. I'm fairly sure you can't craft a full exceptional krya harnois set yet and it's only a few points higher than the non-krya armors, so it's probably best to not waste any ingots on that until we have nothing else to do with them. It's a shame nothing drops krya reinforcements so we could test out the armors. It might be worthwhile at some point to make one of each reinforcement but seeing as its 3 ingots each, we can put that on the backburner until we can't really find a better use for the ingots.

Once we have one of each ingot we should also send them to someone (likely Deva since they're so good at it, if willing of course) to take a look and see what kind of machine or other upgrades could be done with the krya ingots.

@ST: Is the conveyor recipe bough in Hawkoria? I realized I didn't have it currently on my guy. Once I buy it I can check whats best to use, but off the top of my head I'd try things like Nuert, Marapis, Blueroc. Those tend to be the good mid-high range materials for machines.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:00 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I'm fine with driving a hard bargain or getting a great deal from someone, but I'm talking about not upsetting guildies. Especially since people helped mine the clusters and set up the mine and such.

Oh I gotcha.

You don't have to worry about upsetting me, buddy! :)

SecondTalon wrote:Anyone able to point me in the right direction on what I should be paying attention to? I am not even sure where they cap out, so I'm not sure if a 40 strength machine (if I understand things correctly, that'll push Noble to 40%) is feasible at my cash-flow levels
Does Shinhan's tool have the conveyor in it? I know it's often off by 1-2 points, but I don't think it ever completely whiffs on which materials are good.
-Adam

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:02 pm UTC

Yeah, someone in-game mentioned Neurt, Blueroc and Lanferite as making a 38 machine after I asked in here. So that gives me a goal of crap to acquire. I think it's in Hawkoria, I've already purchased it but, limited skill and all, even in our awesome factory of "You can build anything"

And Shinhan's stuff hasn't been updated in, like, forever. Doesn't even have bookcases in it. Pretty sure Shinhan's done with the game, or at least not interested enough to come back just yet, and just keeps the site up for... reasons.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:10 pm UTC

Yeah Shinhan's seems to have the very basic stuff. Doesn't have spying kits or the commerce/spying machines etc. It's sewing tables one is always WAY off. The rest are pretty good though.

Was going to say wait and see if you could build your archeology dig site in Starfield (40% for nobles there). But 42 snow terrain and needing 5 cloth roofs is ridiculously expensive I think. Considering you are our archeology guy you should probably be making your way towards Norstria though. Those runic artifacts are going to need to be gathered eventually for all the crazy runic festivals and whatnot.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:27 pm UTC

Eh, I think Minerva still has me beat on Archeology skill. Which isn't to say I shouldn't be heading to Nostria, just pointing that out.

I do have a full Cerry, though, so there's that.

Is there a point to me relating the Landel Island and Dowen Cellar thing for the feathers at this time, or is that something I should hold off on it until it's more relevant? And I'm guessing the Headache chain leads to Nostria?

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:34 pm UTC

Missed Conveyor on Galandor Ingot’s test. Appears between mills. +3 over Blueroc, for the record.

Asks for a Stonecutter’s assistance soon. Falls well short of 59 Stonecutting for Xuran Trims. Cutting blocks right now.

Chen wrote:Once we have one of each ingot we should also send them to someone (likely Deva since they're so good at it, if willing of course) to take a look and see what kind of machine or other upgrades could be done with the krya ingots.

Planned to request that. Wants a Gold Ingot (or Seal) too. Should perform worse than Galandor. Prefers to check.

SecondTalon wrote:Eh, I think Minerva still has me beat on Archeology skill. Which isn't to say I shouldn't be heading to Nostria, just pointing that out.

I do have a full Cerry, though, so there's that.

Is there a point to me relating the Landel Island and Dowen Cellar thing for the feathers at this time, or is that something I should hold off on it until it's more relevant? And I'm guessing the Headache chain leads to Nostria?

Feathers: Wait. Get them if you want a Boarzerker or Royal Chimera.
Headache quest: No. Leads to the Den. May visit Norstria now with Cerrydwen. Go to Maliken Harbor's docks.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

My combat skills are current and my current modified skills are 32/24.5/31.2 and 27.6/30.5/27

How bad are the random encounters there? Barely trained to untrained Cerry, Yraen, a squire, a swordsman so I can get back maybe and some Behrians good enough?

Oh, and I need to score 75 gold. Awesome.

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:57 pm UTC

Nasty.

Lufomir: Very low encounter rate. Do not worry.
Starfield:
- Troglowolf: 48/58/42 offenses. 58/62/38 defenses.
- Skvader: 48/0/0 offenses. 15/20/44 defenses.
- Nordic Catoblepas: 20/30/20 offenses. 35/25/30 defenses.

Forest of the Last Assault:
- Burdaran: 48/0/53 offenses. 52/62/57 defenses (and a defense buff)
- Revenant: 0/49/0 offenses. 50/40/60 defenses.
- Liormag: 44/58/47 offenses. 50/60/35 defenses.

Forgets the Soriason questline locations. Might need to finish Headaches, but possibly not. Avoids some high land checks, potentially. (Jotungar land requirements: 42 Snow, 50 Mountain, and 45 Forest. Earns most by exploring or dying repeatedly.) Definitely remembers a 50 Snow check early for Soriason, though. Bring a Norstrian Mountain Goat for sure.

Advises the Headache questline first. Goes Dreamy Clearing -> Elisime -> Den. Build defenses and offenses.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:59 pm UTC

Yeah, the quest chain to Nostria is to go to some place and pick up some dude this captain guy knows.. after I pay him 75 gold.

So Headache Dreamy whatever just to build cash and skills.

Oh, is the 10 gold Route to Craneharbor from Milialakala a one-time thing?

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:55 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Yeah, the quest chain to Nostria is to go to some place and pick up some dude this captain guy knows.. after I pay him 75 gold.

Its 75g the first time to get to Norstria (along with 20 sea skill and Cerrydwen in party) and after that its 20g each time you go. Coming back is, thankfully, free.

So Headache Dreamy whatever just to build cash and skills.

Oh, is the 10 gold Route to Craneharbor from Milialakala a one-time thing?

Elisime is fantastic for both money (easily 50g/hour even in the back room and once you're farming the front 100+g/hour) and raising your companions attack skill (trogs in the back room have high 40s defenses). Definitely go work on that. Cerry/Yraen/Squire/Sister or Cerry/Yraen/Sisterx2 is good enough companion wise for Elisime and they'll train up fast.

The route from Craneharbor to Maliken is a one time fee of 10g and then 25s each other time (either way costs 25s). You can also unlock the Pearl which takes you to the islands for Extracting (oceanite), Hunting (walhein), Woodcutting (melandrin) and it can take you from Craneharbor to Maliken for 1g instead of 25s but its only ~40 seconds instead of the 2 minutes the cheaper boat takes.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:00 am UTC

With a Zius idol and talisman you should be able to smelt it with just anthracite. I have those, but I don't have the recipe to smelt them :\

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:38 am UTC

Really? My fireleader is 10, and my current idol 41, which puts my thermal strength with coke 2 higher than it needs to be for busting kry.

I'll look at that tomorrow and see if I can get it down to anthracite. That would be much much easier. I think if I upgrade to a 50 idol and get a +3 talisman, i'll be able to use anthracite. Neat. Not sure what's more cost effective; blowing the 200ish g on the new zius, or just grinding a day or so up to extracting coke.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:04 am UTC

..... 200 for Zius?

So you're telling me they're about as valuable as Sair.

Man, I really need to pay better attention to what's going on in the market. That 200 for a full 5.0 talisman AND 50 Idol, or just the idol?

At any rate, I've got the Granite needed for the Idol, I just don't have the statuette. I have enough effigies for 8. I also would need 3 Eli nuggets per Zius Talisman.

I am sitting on 21 Occult Artifacts, so I'll go ahead and queue them up for ID.

So, to reiterate - the only thing keeping me from a 5.0 Zius Talisman is 3 Eli Nuggets. The only thing keeping me from a 50 Idol is an undamaged Statuette.

Deva

Postby Deva » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:47 am UTC

Cleaned up Fighter Drone's inventory. Collected 313 Solone Planks from combat.

Reached 39 Archeology and 35 Prestige with the previously mentioned build. Notices zero impact from Prestige (on the Dig Site). Offers:
1-3, 50% for Runic Artifact Fragments (Pays companions 38 silver, 89 copper in maintenance every nine hours, forty-three minutes.)
1-3, 60% for Noble
1-4 for Common

Spent five Xuran Blocks for even numbers. Regrets nothing.

Edit: Probably could have used Huberian Roof of Cloth (32 Snow) instead of Mohair (40 Snow). Recommends that for future Archeologists. Needs Mohair elsewhere now.
Edit2: Discovered a use for Prestige. Allowed Cerrydwen to automate without a hut.

JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE

Postby JUST_A_HARMLESS_TREE » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:20 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Also, a kryamane stone chisel might be worth getting for fitz and I to share. I don't think we'll be able to cut lanferite boulders without it (the guild doesn't need them for anything, that's just the next "skill hump" in the stonecutting trade I think).

You can do 63 with a 50 skill megalithic site, 6.2 potion (59 skill, so plenty of people INCLUDING ME can make them), and T2 stonecutter.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:32 pm UTC

ST I'm not actually sure what they're worth, just saw a 50 therm strength on the market for 125.

I think coke might be easier to get than the idols though. We'll see. Incidentally, I can get you a 41 scraper which you'll probably need later on for stuff in Nostria?

Sold a pair of kryandel pliers for 400!

Deva

Postby Deva » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:55 pm UTC

Confirmed Shipyard numbers. Looks like Lithosnow Towers.

Goods Lift: Melandrin/Odiemel/Silk/Hyperborean/Casadir: 20 Snow.
Derrick: Melandrin/Lithosnow/Silk/Odiemel/Hyperborean: 28 Snow.
Big Hoist: Melandrin/Lithosnow/Silk/Odiemel/Hyperborean: 24 Snow.
Melandrin Tower: 37 Snow.

((20 + 28 + 24 + 37) / 4) + 1 = 28.25.

Alternate: Oceanite Tower: 40 Snow.
((20 + 28 + 24 + 40) / 4) + 1 = 29

Requires 19800 Melandrin Planks or 6000 Oceanite Blocks anyways. Prefers 6000 Lithosnow.

Looked impossible for Forest of the Last Assault too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:20 pm UTC

My current scraper is a 38, so a 41 would be an improvement.

However.. I've got 5 dictionaries. I just need to score some additional tablets and then get my ass to Nostria for 5 Runic Artifacts (assuming they can be used in the building of bookcases) and that'll help out quite a bit. Install that in the guild place and y'all with a 3 skill can start making your own talismans.

I'll see if I can't get the time to clear Dreamy Clearing tomorrow.

Deva

Postby Deva » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 am UTC

Might unearth better tablets from Runic Artifact actions. Displays very little in the Game Guide.

Tested Bookcase. Used Runic Artifact Fragment, Archeology Dictionary, and Damaged Stone Tablet. Omitted rarer planks equal to any below.

Azulio (48) > Soletto (47) > Nuertesilicio (46) > Chanderian (45).

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:59 am UTC

Tip: If you get your land subskills higher, walking places (and maybe transportation?) takes less time as well. Might be only a small difference at first, but it adds up.

Chen

Postby Chen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:01 am UTC

Land skill unfortunately does not affect transport. Me alone and then me with Gaspard and some boots didn't change the time at all for transporting. It does change walking times very slightly though.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:11 am UTC

Chen wrote:I think the bandit camp they're talking about is the Night Archer's Inn. It's actually a fair bit further south than the lake I think. Almost near the border to the swamp area actually.

Huh, I tried that, and there's no quest continuation there... o.o

Chen

Postby Chen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:19 am UTC

Hmm I thought thats where it was. Maybe I'm misremembering.

On another note found the following post on the french forums: http://www.theriansaga.com/forums/defau ... sts&t=7374

They say that to hit the 50 comfort we need for the mansion, you dont need mohair. Rather nuert + waxed cotton + linen trims will hit 37 comfort on the furniture which will round to 50 in the mansion. If that's true its WAY cheaper to make that thing.

Deva

Postby Deva » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:57 am UTC

jjl2357 wrote:
Chen wrote:I think the bandit camp they're talking about is the Night Archer's Inn. It's actually a fair bit further south than the lake I think. Almost near the border to the swamp area actually.

Huh, I tried that, and there's no quest continuation there... o.o

Maybe here? Appears on the Lufomir side.
Fishing Camp.png
(99, 285)

Chen wrote:On another note found the following post on the french forums: http://www.theriansaga.com/forums/defau ... sts&t=7374

They say that to hit the 50 comfort we need for the mansion, you dont need mohair. Rather nuert + waxed cotton + linen trims will hit 37 comfort on the furniture which will round to 50 in the mansion. If that's true its WAY cheaper to make that thing.

Yayness.

jjl2357

Postby jjl2357 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:57 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Maybe here? Appears on the Lufomir side.

Ugh, they're not there either...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:59 pm UTC

Transporting the boulder from the Ren. to HQ.

ETA - 11 hours, 30 minutes.

Yay Horns!

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:44 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Transporting the boulder from the Ren. to HQ.

Yay Horns!

The time is recalculated for every zone boundary you cross. The horn will speed up the transport until you hit a boundary and if the horn has worn off at that point, the time will revert to the longer, non-sped up time.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:19 am UTC

Bili, your marapis items are ready. Let me know when you want them...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:46 am UTC

Chen wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Transporting the boulder from the Ren. to HQ.

Yay Horns!

The time is recalculated for every zone boundary you cross. The horn will speed up the transport until you hit a boundary and if the horn has worn off at that point, the time will revert to the longer, non-sped up time.

Booo.

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:50 pm UTC

So once the boulder is at the HQ I'll finish off the Stone delegation. When that's done there will be recipes deposited in the HQ storage. DO NOT TOUCH THOSE. You auto learn them if you take them out and they disappear if you take one out you already know. We can figure out who needs the Megalithic foundation and wall recipes along with the recipes for the megalithic building site itself. They are masonry recipes so people with high masonry need to take those. We need 20 of the foundations built for our castle.

And while it is still in the future, keep in mind the 5000g cost for the castle. Everyone will need to save up some money for that. Also don't send me any money now because I'm going to lose track of it. This was just a heads up.

My alt is starting to put more spying gems into the Sandstone boulder domain as well. Anyone is free to take those to get the spying favors needed for the guild agreements. Similarly the Phoenix eyes, Centaur's tears and Deep stones (not sure we have any of these actually) should be take from that storage only to learn spying, not to craft other bracelets or the like with. Everyone who can learn spying (i.e., everyone who's finished the Dreamy Clearing) should learn it so they can help out with the agreements. Providing cut spying gems is also a reasonable way to help provide for those if you don't want to, or cannot do the spying and commerce yourself.

Finally what are the marl towers in guild storage for? Are they for when we take apart the metal factory for the new forge?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:35 pm UTC

ETA is 13 hours and change.

Which means 2am my local time.

So.. I'll be in a position to dump it in 20-21 hours.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:49 pm UTC

I should be able to get the Mansion blueprint this evening after work. I'd like everyone who has a mason (ideally alts) to get working on the marl walls. There's a bunch of marl in the storage in addition to the fact it's super easy to get 200 marl every day via commerce. That should be more than enough to spend the rest of the day making walls. We need a lot of marl crap (walls, towers, fortifications) for all the other things we're building (including an extra 25 walls for when we remake the metalurgical factory with the new forge) so if people could get their alts working on these it'd be appreciated.

Also I believe there are still 2 megamachine engineering recipes for each big hoist and derrick in the Den concession. If there are any engineers in guild who can use those go take them. I'd appreciate having someone else who can also make the megamachines besides me and one of Deva's alts.

Biliboy sent me a message mentioning internet issues so I've just got his account cutting down giant oak trees. I may have it start cutting them into beams as well in preparation for the castle. Also has anyone seen Seymarr (DaBigCheez?) around at all? If they've quit I will likely remove em from guild. Same with Biliboys alt for now. I recruiting would be a good thing as well since more people helping out would only make things go faster.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

Boulder is at Guild HQ.

Transporting things does not level your Transport skill. Pity. Looks like those Training Sessions are the easiest way to get the score up.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:25 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Boulder is at Guild HQ.

Transporting things does not level your Transport skill. Pity. Looks like those Training Sessions are the easiest way to get the score up.

Yeah the only way to raise the transport subskill is to use the training sessions as far as I know. You can raise searching as well to give it a bit of an increase. I think exploration is the easiest way to do that. I have 64 searching and 1 transport :P

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 pm UTC

Well, yeah, my 50 in searching is why I could move the thing in the first place.

But it looks like a higher skill doesn't make you move faster, just lets you move more crap at once. And with the boulders like that having an encumbrance of 12...

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:02 pm UTC

Yeah its just total encumberance that increases with transport. Frames and Foundations are fairly big (15ish I think if not more) so moving all those into the HQ for the castle will be the next big transport task. Might be worth making some roads at the Shipyard and/or Factories when it comes to that.

Return to “Gaming”