Therian Saga

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:54 am UTC

Ah, that'd explain it.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:38 am UTC

They're very high level recipes with long durations so they can be more efficient for leveling compared to harnois which requires tons of mats. Thing is runes are also a real pain in the ass to make, so its not as efficient for most other skills to use that as leveling.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 am UTC

Hm. Is there any 30-difficulty Metascience action I could use for training? I know the 20-difficulty gold task in the Den and the 40-difficulty one in Halmvik; is there anything in between, or is some kind of turbo-potioning or a better scalpel than Odiemel required?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 am UTC

Protosensors (or leveling Science itself). Nothing else.

Snow: The Forbidden Gardens in Starfield. 55 Snow + 35 Metascience.
Forest: Heart of Jotun in Jotun Forest. 60 Forest + 35 Metascience.
Hills: Felgorn Peak in Dragons’ Jaw. 65 Hills + 35 Metascience.
Mountain: Poets’ Sanctuary in Cape End-of-the-World. 50 Mountain + 35 Metascience.
Swamp: (64, 278) in a camp in Tarasquan. 58 Swamp + 35 Metascience.
(Costs five hundred Foggy Pearls per, also.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:30 am UTC

Hrm. Yeah, sounds like leveling Engineering to push my Science to the point where I'd be able to pot up to the 40 task would be about my best shot - 500 foggy pearls an attempt does not efficient training make. (Especially when, at least at present, I don't have a whole lot of reason to train it other than "because I feel like it".)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 am UTC

Shrugs. Levels on it easily, as a 119 effort task. Helps a lot with construction. (Adjusts Renaissance Mountains from -29 to -25, for example. Grabbed some on multiple characters.) Beats leveling Science twenty-five more times (depending on skill). Owns a Telluric Sanctuary, though.

Edit: Cannot mail protosensors to other characters.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 pm UTC

Doesn't Rowan also have fairly high base metascience? I thought it was in the 30s.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:54 pm UTC

Ii is more like 20, easily levelled to 25 in the Den. But even with a 25 comp, reaching a 40 diff may be difficult.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:48 pm UTC

Is anyone smelting Kryandel or Kryanod Ingots? Will do it for you. Hopes to learn Kryamane and/or Galandor.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 pm UTC

I'm just hoarding my nuggets until runic harnois comes out :P I guess if it gets to the point where I can make a Krya/Krya set and still have enough for another runic set (1638 total nuggets) I might make a kdel/knod set. I think I'm at around 900 now so it'll be a while...

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 pm UTC

Would kryanroc do? Because I plan to make some.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:29 pm UTC

Grop wrote:Would kryanroc do? Because I plan to make some.

Unfortunately, no. Never learned it either.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:11 pm UTC

Teaser for upcoming update is up (though with no ETA). They're adding buy orders to the market (so e.g. you can say "I want 50 solone frameworks at 20g per" and anyone can sell to them, EVE-style); combat training, with a new building "allow[ing] you to fight special creatures that use only one of the three combat types"; and new early-game introductory quests to smooth out the learning curve.

The buy orders in particular will make the market a lot more usable, I think.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Therian Saga

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:46 pm UTC

But orders?

Yay!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:53 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:But orders?

Yay!


Nice typo, not sure there are any of those types of services in the Therian Saga world :P

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm UTC

Obtained "The Ancestor's Fin" from Eufelburg trade-ins. Never knew Alchemy parts dropped. 90 Elioam, 75 Ethernam, 50 Frimam, and 30 Hydram. Creates an eighty-four Piercing Offense Balm with Draconic Heart (72 Difficulty).
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:16 pm UTC

I think you can use those with some other component (either Tickpick sting or Kraken tentacles) to make a 65 slashing balm. Good for below average boars if you don't have blood of the silent. I seem to recall they can drop in stacks of up to 6 from the Ancestor (sea monster Norstria boss).

Edit: also have you gotten any stats on how often you get Azulio or Soletto from Eufelburg? I seem to recall your last set of data showed them to be quite rare.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:48 pm UTC

58 Slashing Offense for Ancestor’s Fin + Kraken Tentacle.

Does not plan to record these.
Attempts: 55
Azulio Log: 2
Azulio Plank: 4
Soletto Log: 2
Soletto Plank: 2

Beat the previous test in Azulio Planks already. Might now.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:49 pm UTC

I guess that's not terrible yield. I thinl Halmvik still seems a bit more profitable overall though.

And I guess it's Ancestor's Fin and Tickpick sting for the other slashing offense balm. I'll check it out when I get home.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 pm UTC

Agrees. Went there for:
50% Azulio/Soletto Logs for discoveries. (Could and will use Gurdismo too, though.)
30% Surprises (like Ancestor's Fin)
20% Azulio/Soletto for future, undecided machines.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 pm UTC

Going afk for a week; used tons of regen and chimeric potions.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:56 pm UTC

Looking at starting construction in the Den, for Telluric Sanctuary, possible Deep Stone harvesting, etc. Is there anything important I'd be missing on by passing on making an all-up Inn, and just sticking with something like a 40-comfort Hut for sleeping and/or passive companion-gathering? Would cut down on the massive amounts of Marapis needed somewhat.

Deep Stone etc. will probably get put off for quite a while anyway, I just want to make sure I'm not hosing myself out of something in the meantime. But I do want something to sleep in while I'm there if I'm going to be gathering all kinds of foggy pearls, without getting myself mutilated travelling back and forth and cutting down my task-queueing by half.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:10 pm UTC

Mainly Wandering Polymath. Features good Engineering. Gathers Runic Artifact Fragment passively too.

Opted for Huts also.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:18 pm UTC

...wait, actually...given how the material refund works, I think I should be able to just tear down a hut without materials loss anyway. So if I want to upgrade to an Inn later, I can without having wasted stuff.

...or even if it does round up, it's still probably better for me to just get working on this instead of putting it off yet further :P

Now I just need to get working on gathering the materials for my samponar...
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:09 am UTC

Learned Salancedar. Yields 1-4 planks per log. Improves to six planks per day. Shrinks Watermill to 83.333 days and Rails to ten days.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:18 pm UTC

Well, I just disheartened myself a bit. I had been under the mistaken impression that the Harnois quest was "requires Forging skill 55 to accept", like e.g. the scale mail quest - that I just had to get that specific trade to a hard skill of 55, not considering metal skill, companion, etc. So, I went to Faurash Tower with great excitement after finishing my Great Artisan eli wing, and...nope. Needs effective-55 with no location bonus, and a substantial number of high-end ingots, for a repeatable task; I'm only at ~47.something without location bonus, putting me well outside of potion range.

Guess I'm going to prioritize that sanctuary (or heck, even farming spiders) even harder, get my Autocrat, and then after boosting'm up a bit start praying to the RNG gods for skillups on tin/odi plate chests or something like that <_<
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:51 pm UTC

Brews up to 6.8 Forging potions without runes. Comes close. (Still ought to recruit Autocrat first, of course.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:22 pm UTC

Finally sat down and did some working-out of what I still have to get. I have either the items or a viable plan of action to get them for most things, but I'm coming up blank on Ayrann Leather and Lansferum Glass. Someone mentioned way back in the thread having massive amounts of Lanferite Sand and/or Lansferum Glass lying around; is that still the case? For Ayrann Leather, is there anything I can do for it besides poking at the Secret Dock turn-in repeatedly (it looks like it's probably a daily or such), and/or does someone have some lying around I could buy off them?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:44 pm UTC

Possesses enough Lanferite Sand (700) and half of Ayrann Leather (10). Obtained Ayrann Leather largely through Secret Dock. Drops from the Bear Meat turn-in too, supposedly.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:30 am UTC

I've gotten one or two from the bear meat turn in so it definitely does drop there. I can check when I get home, I probably have enough Ayrann leather for the samponar. We can figure out some sort of deal.

On another note the Mansion for the krya mine on the alt guild is nearly done (a handfull of walls Asrith is making). So if anyone has alts they want to mine krya let me know and I'll send over invites.

Also if anyone has any spare woodcutters we could use some more people chopping giant pines for the next temple. Stupid pines take forever.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:59 pm UTC

If you still need ayrann leather I have 18 spare.

Val could you invite Candra to mining guild? Also Morlet (currently in mining guild) could do some woodcutting again.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

Grop wrote:If you still need ayrann leather I have 18 spare.

Val could you invite Candra to mining guild? Also Morlet (currently in mining guild) could do some woodcutting again.


Can you send me a mail in game so I don't forget about these? I don't normally check the forums on the weekend.

Also the mansion components in the spreadsheet were wrong. So i have an extra 50 marapis foundations and a lack of 50 nuert walls. I got 3 characeters cutting nuert so it shouldnt be too bad, but still annoying. Mansion will probably be up sometime next week at this rate.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 pm UTC

Is this a problem with my computer or is Silverlight increasingly problematic? I experience many problems like crashes and freezings, that I suspect occur more often than before.

Chen
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Chen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm UTC

I saw a lot of reports of increasing instability with the latest version of Firefox. Overall the latest version of Firefox seems to be causing instability in a lot of other platforms like Flash and Java as well.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:55 pm UTC

Learned Glory dyes. Knows all available dyes now. Cannot produce some, namely Palpanam and Kryandanam. Leveled Alchemy only recently. Considers Blueam (Blueroc Nuggets + Gargkul Monstrinous Shell), Odienan (Odiemel Nuggets + Red Wolf Claws), and Eliandan (Eliandel Nuggets + Scorpidus Claw Fragments) the least silly, in terms of materials.

Erected a Tarasquan Lumberjack Camp too. 1-3, 30% for Salancedar Logs. Falls well short of using it.

(Re: Tarasquan Encounters. Fought a Troglowolf at Tarasquan Doors, heading from Tarasquan to Norstria.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:44 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Cannot produce some, namely Palpanam and Kryandanam. Leveled Alchemy only recently. Considers Blueam (Blueroc Nuggets + Gargkul Monstrinous Shell), Odienan (Odiemel Nuggets + Red Wolf Claws), and Eliandan (Eliandel Nuggets + Scorpidus Claw Fragments) the least silly, in terms of materials.

Based on the name alone, I can totally believe Kryandanam being kinda ridiculous on materials.

Woo, Telluric Sanctuary up and running! With my hut on-site, looks like it'll be averaging about 350 foggy pearls/day if focusing on that, which will be nice. I noticed the Sanctuary has Prestige on it - does this count for satisfying companion desires, or does the prestige stat have to be on a housing/sleep structure? (Not relevant for the Sanctuary itself, but if I make other Den buildings later, it could be good to know.)

So, that's one more layer of the yak shaved; soon I'll have the foggy pearls for an Autocrat, which'll let me boost my Forging higher, which'll let me learn Harnois...

Relatedly, what is involved in getting a runic blacksmith hammer? It just feels *wrong* being stuck with a 33-strength tool. I know activating runes is kind of a royal pain; I do have a Mag Intense lying around from quest chains, and based on some perfunctory research it seems like that's not a bad one to use for it on top of a Kryamane base. Is this accurate? Would there be a useful way for me to contribute to Krya production for it, or would that mess up tracking of some sort?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Deva » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:Based on the name alone, I can totally believe Kryandanam being kinda ridiculous on materials.

Correct. 70 Alchemy + seven Kryanbor Nuggets + ten Watchmaker Mechafluid for one dye. (Assumed a single output, anyways. Forgot to check.) Expects to make few special dyes, if any. Likes knowing it.
I noticed the Sanctuary has Prestige on it - does this count for satisfying companion desires, or does the prestige stat have to be on a housing/sleep structure?

Ought to work. Automates companions on Store's Prestige.
Relatedly, what is involved in getting a runic blacksmith hammer? It just feels *wrong* being stuck with a 33-strength tool. I know activating runes is kind of a royal pain; I do have a Mag Intense lying around from quest chains, and based on some perfunctory research it seems like that's not a bad one to use for it on top of a Kryamane base. Is this accurate? Would there be a useful way for me to contribute to Krya production for it, or would that mess up tracking of some sort?

Kryamane + Mag Intense, yes. Requires access to a Foundrywork Temple, however. Needs to chop and square many more Giant Pines for an in-guild crafter.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Grop
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC
Location: France

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Grop » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm UTC

I can't access the shared doc at the moment.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:19 pm UTC

Aww yisssss! Just got my autocrat, and I ain't complainin' about the rolls I got. +3 Forging (which is the main thing I got it for in the first place!), +2 Foundry, +1 Jewelry, +0 Sewing, who cares about the rest.

Now for a few thousand more pearls for the second boar and the stone-sage... <_<
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

Penfold
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm UTC

Re: Therian Saga

Postby Penfold » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:03 pm UTC

I sent and mail in the game a couple of weeks back, but saying hello here as I have a forum account I created years ago, never used and then forgot about.

Character name is Ambrielle (also was my wizard in Everquest and my magic user in AD&D 30 years ago :shock: ), currently still meandering through Lanfar, collecting marapis for an Inn and finishing the rest of the Lanfar quests (and trying not to think about the 1500 foggy pearls for the next companion).


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests