Delta Green - All Part of the Job (Call of Cthulhu AP)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ginger

Re: Delta Green - All Part of the Job (Call of Cthulhu AP)

Postby Ginger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:44 am UTC

Yablo wrote:It's ultimately my story. I could blame the cats for waking me up at 3:30 the past couple mornings and not letting me get back to sleep, or I could blame having to stop and start frequently since I generally do the writing at work, but whatever.

The two cheerleaders are intended to be foreshadowing as well as give off a creepy vibe by being normal and yet still almost caricatures. When I pitched the Operation to my players I told them I was going for Enemy of the State meets Stepford Wives.

Also, Atwood is too paranoid to leave his motel room, and the others are too paranoid to meet up with him.

Well, I don't blame you for a dry story, I just got to be fair on a writer I enjoy sometimes. Silly kitties ha-ha. The writing process is a craft and sometimes you got to stop and start again and again. Cheerleaders in fiction are usually either creepy or fetishes materials I have notice? Ha-ha. And I love senses of building paranoia. When people start experiencing mental health symptoms in Cthulhu's Mythos games then... fun and funny who knew?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Yablo

Postby Yablo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 am UTC

As long as you're being fair and the criticism is intended to be constructive, by all means, be as harsh as you need to. When I write the Operations, my target audience is my group of players, but when I write up the game sessions in this format, my target audience is different. Each requires a different style.

If my players tell me, "we need more research montages where we stare at chalkboards and do math," I need to find a way to give them that experience in the game. When I go to write up the lack of action, I have to find a way to make math and chalk dust interesting.

Incidentally, while I do a lot of planning in advance, I do welcome requests and suggestions from the people who read these write ups. If readers tell me, "we need more research montages where the character stare at chalkboards and do math," I might try to work that into the game at some point.

Ultimately, I have one story and two audiences, so I have the challenge of presenting the same story two ways.
If you like Call of Cthulhu and modern government conspiracy, check out my Delta Green thread.
Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm UTC

I wanna see more eats your face off, otherworldly aliens/demons/tentacles monsters pleasey-pleasey Yablo? <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Yablo

Postby Yablo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 am UTC

Ginger wrote:I wanna see more eats your face off, otherworldly aliens/demons/tentacles monsters pleasey-pleasey Yablo? <3

That, I can most definitely do. All the secrecy and paranoia is just a set up for all the horror and terror these agents can handle. They should get to that point next week. Unless they chicken out.
If you like Call of Cthulhu and modern government conspiracy, check out my Delta Green thread.
Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

Return to “Gaming”