Invisible, Inc.

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

liveboy21
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 am UTC

Invisible, Inc.

Postby liveboy21 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:37 am UTC

So Invisible, Inc. was recently released after being in early access. Reviews are saying that this the best turn based tactics game on the PC.
Can anyone here tell me about your opinions of this game?

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 pm UTC

Oh hey, it's live? I played it under early access a bit. Seemed pretty fun, though I was occasionally frustrated at the time by "accidental" actions - e.g. "wait, no, I didn't mean to go start that! Now I'm stuck out in the open ;_;" Combined with the roguelike nature, it had me sometimes leery to play things for fear of screwing it up. Mostly I am bad at roguelikes sometimes~

Other than that, great tactical stealth game, and the UI generally does a good job of letting you know how your action's going to go, slivers of "vision" notwithstanding. Had a few times where it kind of had that Monaco "caper" feel to it, after I'd accidentally tripped a bunch of alarms and was running around madly searching for the exit, humming the Benny Hill theme to myself while trying to rotate incapacitated and reawoken guards <_<
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8286
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby Zohar » Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 pm UTC

This looks interesting. I bought it but have yet to play. I usually play my games one-at-a-time...
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
setzer777
Good questions sometimes get stupid answers
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:24 am UTC

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby setzer777 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 pm UTC

Really enjoyed it since early access. Release version added a lot of cool stuff, like megacorps with different specialties, and more guard variety. I kinda miss the random console events though.
Meaux_Pas wrote:We're here to go above and beyond.

Too infinity
of being an arsehole

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 am UTC

Have played it a bit more since release, thoroughly enjoying it. Those frustrations I mentioned earlier? Yeah, they're modifiable difficulty settings - you can give yourself effectively-infinite "rewind one turn"s, you can turn off the gradually-increasing alarm level, etc.

I do like that things like lethal weapons seem to be mostly an emergency escape tool, where the downsides are outweighed by the immediate need. They're expensive. They're loud. They increase the alarm level. They attract more guard attention. But because they did the "stealth game" thing right, and thus even a single mook can be an enormous threat if you're caught out of position, sometimes all of that is unimportant compared to the need to just pop 'em.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8286
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby Zohar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 pm UTC

Finished my first game on beginner, and really enjoyed it. The story's kind of meh, but otherwise excellent game. I didn't have that much trouble until the final level - it was just taking me so long, enemies kept popping up, and I had no way to deal with armored people other than killing them or sneaking past (which was getting increasingly difficult). I ended up sacrificing an agent (letting them be detected and attracting attention) so I could let my important character sneak past some guards. I don't think I actually killed anyone until that mission, except for the very first mission I had a gun and didn't know how to use them. But I'd really like to have some armor-piercing melee weapons, hopefully there are ways to get those.

I had an agent with hacking+remote link who was AWESOME, I think she was definitely my MVP (and I had to sacrifice her! :-( )
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3665
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: Invisible, Inc.

Postby EdgarJPublius » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:52 am UTC

Yea, the hacker with Wi-Fi is awesome. Her plus the woman who gets additional actions when she KOs a guard make a really strong starting team. Together they can control a lot of the map. It was almost like easy mode when I hit on that combination, up until then I had a lot of trouble getting past day 2.

Haven't played since the update though, no idea how the new agents play or anything.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests