Jahooma's LogicBox - now a full game!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Jahooma's LogicBox - now a full game!

Postby Xanthir » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:22 am UTC

Jahooma's LogicBox, which showed up as a flash game in the "Cool Games" thread a few years ago, was recently (in April, I think) released as a full game on the internet (and now using JS/canvas). The first 10 levels are free, the rest are a few bucks, and well worth it.

The game is *greatly* expanded from the earlier incarnation, with lots more variety and challenges. I had a very fun several weeks playing it, and optimizing with the help of my discussion group. (Jahooma organized the early buyers into groups to help each other, assigning each to a Google Doc. My group was the most productive of them all, responsible for "improving" many of the Genius scores. ^_^)

I'm waiting with bated breath for the Recursion level pack to come out - it's slated for later this month or July.

If anyone is playing through the new version and gets stuck or just wants some pointers on meeting/beating the harder Genius scores, I'm happy to help.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

mike-l

Re: Jahooma's LogicBox - now a full game!

Postby mike-l » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 am UTC

Just went through the first 10 levels, pretty fun. Got 100/100 on 1-9, working on 100 for level 10. Despite having both made and used Equal Delete, I somehow forgot about it and was wishing I had such a box on 10.

Edit: Still working on 10, but I managed to do the equal case with 4, except it doesn't work on strings ending in an odd number of repetitions. Fortunately there is no test case with that property. But eg, AABBB fails.

I'm thinking the genius solution (9) should be equals delete and then 4 boxes for each case, but I haven't quite got it working. I really wish I had a delete equals/empty type box with 3 exits.

Edit 2: So that test case did exist, but in any case I solved it... do redirects not count against score? I was just assuming they did and that was my major source of trouble. My solution has 9 non redirects and 2 redirects, but it shows my score as 9. The other levels were all doable without redirects.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

incompletename

Re: Jahooma's LogicBox - now a full game!

Postby incompletename » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 am UTC

Which genius scores exactly? I'm looking for places I can maybe improve mine. I got everything done, just tell me the level and scores (i.e. 1-4 is Equal Delete).

Return to “Gaming”