Puzzle and Dragons

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

vbkid

Puzzle and Dragons

Postby vbkid » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:52 pm UTC

Wondering if anyone else plays this mobile game? A big game overseas, growing in popularity i nthe states I believe. A mashup of Bejewled and Pokemon, I've just been playing for a month but the depth of custimization and planning haven't began to slow down yet.
#345786308 in game (Kyle) if anyone else plays!

Nork

Re: Puzzle and Dragons

Postby Nork » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:19 pm UTC

Like so many things in life, I enjoy it, but I'm not sure if I can recommend it to other people. One one hand, it's a great game (probably the best mobile game I've played). On the other hand, it's one of the most profitable games in Japan. You don't earn that distinction without being very good at finding subtle ways to get people to want to spend money.

Pros: It's fun to play and has lots of little milestone rewards built into the game. It rewards intelligent planning/strategies
Cons: Anything you ever found frustrating about a mobile game is in here - limited inventory, limited energy to play the game, a limited number of friends, and you need to have friends to complete your team. But don't worry, all those things are fixable for only a small amount of money (that will add up quickly if you don't pay attention).

vbkid

Re: Puzzle and Dragons

Postby vbkid » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:27 pm UTC

Not disagreeing. I've been playing about a month, haven't spent a dime (and don't plan to!) but I did use some built up Google Play credits from my Google Surveys App.

FYI, "stones" are essentially the currency of the game. You get 1 free per day, and can earn like 5 per day early on, then 1-2 per day in mid game. These stones allow you to keep more monsters, which is necessary, add mroe friends, which isn't, reset your energy, which isn't, and to roll for rare monsters, which is.

Return to “Gaming”