Dark Souls 3

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Dark Souls 3

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:11 pm UTC

MooseBeer wrote:
Drumheller769 wrote:That will totally depend on how long it takes you to 'git gud'.

SecondTalon wrote:First play though - anywhere from 40 to 200. Depends on way too many factors to predict.

Holy crap, would have to take a bloody holiday to complete this game... Is this a game primarily for fighting gamers or strategic RPG players? Anyhow, I bought it. Was greatly reduced through Xbox Live Gold. Imagine any DLC chapters for this. You'd be gone for another 100 hours probably!

The game is ultimately about learning, discovery, experimentation and pattern recognition. You encounter an enemy at one point who telegraphs attacks and you forget it as it becomes a generic rank and file troop, two bosses later you're getting your ass kicked by a boss until it clicks that it's literally the same attack as that earlier mook, only sped up.

There's some things that people agree are okay to know about ahead of time, but generally speaking.... The more blind the playthrough, the better the experience.

And kill the dogs first.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

MooseBeer

Postby MooseBeer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:The game is ultimately about learning, discovery, experimentation and pattern recognition.

Was on a short holiday to southern Europe so haven't started the game properly yet but I love every single feature you just mentioned above.
I'll follow your advice and look for patterns that may refer to similar attacks done by easier opponents. Just spoke to a friend yesterday who actually took a 3 weeks holiday to complete Dark Souls 3 and Doom as well I believe :)

I can beat the very first Turtles on the NES without dying, but this was the PAL version, which I later learnt ran SUPER SLOWLY compared to the NTSC counterpart. Guess completing supposed difficult games on PAL versions shouldn't be given credit for :)

emceng

Postby emceng » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm UTC

I feel like an idiot. Have one character fighting the princes, and another hitting Aldrich. Just found out about undead bone shards.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Return to “Gaming”