Overwatch

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

You, sir, name?

Re: Overwatch

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 pm UTC

Are the patch notes available anywhere? Doesn't seem to be any information in the launcher or on b.net...
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:22 pm UTC

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatc ... 0747185139
Added Ana.
Buffed D.Va, McCree and Zenyatta.
Self-healing charges ultimates (increased the cost correspondingly on a few heroes).

The fall off damage for McCree's left click got reduced, greatly improving his damage output at range - Widowmaker is basically redundant now.
The combination of McCree and Zenyatta has pushed Pharah to the side, once again.
D.Va seems some play at the top.

I see Ana on some streams, but she's been banned from the ESL qualifiers, so I don't really know what's happening with her.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:35 pm UTC

The combination of Roadhog's and Ana's ult is some of the most disgusting shit I think I have ever witnessed :O
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Obby

Postby Obby » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:41 pm UTC

I've been playing more Zenyatta and he definitely feels like more of a contender now. The extra 50 shield makes a huge difference in his toughness, and he still hits like a truck even with the 5 damage reduction to his left click.

His right click is still mostly useless though. I've only ever used it to get larger chunks off a Reinhardt shield while peeking around corners. In almost any other situation you're much better off using left click instead.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:09 am UTC

Woo Diamond!

I didn't expect this after dropping from 2850 to 2500 two weeks ago.

Now I feel like I should go waste time on PTR goofing around with sombra.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:40 am UTC

Grats.

(It's become kind of hard to just say "grats" without sounding dismissive.)
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
rath358 wrote:manually adding a long list of swear words to my dictionary worked.

Obby

Postby Obby » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:39 pm UTC

Sombra is fun, honestly. She takes some getting used to, since her only damage capability is her gun, but her kit is really powerful otherwise. Controlling health packs is a HUGE game changer, making pushes much more difficult on offense (I can't tell you how many times I've used the health pack under the bridge on Anubis point B).

Her teleport and invisibility are great for flanking. Throw the teleporter right at the enemy, make it obvious, then when they try to sit by it and wait for you to use it, go invisible and jump them from behind. At close range her attack is almost as powerful as Tracer's, so sub-200 health heroes usually go down before half your clip is gone.

I still haven't quite gotten the hang of her ult, though. The hacking aspect of it is powerful, but most people seem to be careful about their Lucio ults or Zarya barriers when they know a Sombra is nearby.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm UTC

Yea, I saw some of the health pack zanyness videos, I'm just always apathetic about testing balance changes. :P

I think I'm most looking forward to the Symmetra changes coming later in the year, but I still don't have my golden microwave anyway. Need another 110 wins or something ridiculous like that. Hopefully Season 2 bonuses help.

solja19k

Postby solja19k » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:21 pm UTC

Does anyone else find Mei's Snowball Offensive terrifying... ? Or anxiety inducing?

raudorn

Postby raudorn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:18 pm UTC

I've picked up Overwatch again recently, since my wrists aren't hurting enough. I play mostly QP, but tried Comp to see how it compares. With my ten placement matches done, I'm tempted to get back to QP and only play Comp when there's a new season to grab the basic rewards. I mean, I do enjoy that the matches in Comp are a bit longer and are rated more for points than binary win/loss conditions. But somehow the game is less fun in Comp.

First you need to find a game that doesn't end during hero selection because some jackass leaves right after joining. Then you must hope that you can pick the char you currently want to play without some complaining about meta. Seriously, meta is something you worry about when you're +1.5 sigma or above. For everyone else we'd be better off with everyone playing a char they know and like. And that's just my impression from ten matches.

And then there's voice chat. Voice chat is extremely useful and will boost a team's performance, in theory. In practice you have to decipher someone's bad quality garble and are left wondering what the hell they're trying to say. And turning down the volume of the sound effects just means you miss more ult cues than usual or flankers sneaking up. And push-to-talk isn't helping either (I have only so many fingers), with volume-control being right out since you then have to monitor every single sound you make so you don't distract your teammates with random huffs and growls.

So in summary, while I enjoy Comp more than QP in theory, practice drives me back to casual play. Is this a common experience?

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:45 am UTC

Right now comp is in a pretty bad place with the current Ana-Tank meta, it's probably the worst it's been since launch. Granted, the meta really shouldn't matter that much in most ranks, but people can be really toxic in comp. May the gods forgive you for making a pick someone else on your team disagrees with. I play a lot of Symmetra and people freak out even after the buff about it. I just ignore them.

I've been playing a lot of mystery hero 6v6 lately in the arcade while they work out the nerfs on the PTR, just more fun, though quick play is a great way to practice heros too. Hopefully the tweaks will make comp a bit more fun again once they go through.

Obby

Postby Obby » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 pm UTC

I really don't enjoy competitive anymore. I played through the placement matches this season and haven't touched it since. The matchmaking is horrendous, why would the game think it's a good idea to throw me in a game with a bunch of sub-2000 players then expect me to carry the game because we average out to the same SR as the enemy team? On top of that, it's filled with hot-heads who want to do nothing but play Hanzo, or bitch at the one guy who's playing Hanzo.

I'd much rather be in QP or arcade with some friends for a relaxed time. The matchmaking still sucks, but at least it doesn't really matter there.
The story so far:

Return to “Gaming”