help creating game

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

phillip1882

help creating game

Postby phillip1882 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 am UTC

after reading http://www.mathpuzzle.com/MAA/29-Hoffma ... 01_04.html
i'd like to create a card game based on it.
heres my idea:
both players get all 50 cards to draw from a draw pile, and start off drawing 7 cards
each player takes turn playing either one fano or one triad, and then drawing a card. if a player has no fanos and no matching triads, he must discard a card from his hand and draw another until he can play.
the fanos act as land cards.
the triads act as minion cards, and are supported by up to 3 fanos. (that is can be level 1-3)
if two triads share no same color one will defeat the other based on how high level it is.
if you destroy a triad, that card must wait two turns before attacking again.
now what i need to complete the game is a fair method of deciding which colors win in the event they are the same level.
i also need a clear win condition that makes sense.
perhaps once a player has no minions left in their deck or on the field?
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: help creating game

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:04 am UTC

Colors win alphabetically and start over at the end.

Blue beats Green who beats Orange who beats Pink who beats Purple who beats Yellow who beats Blue. Shortest distance wins.

Green and Yellow are played. Green beats Orange who beats Pink who beats Purple who beats Yellow - four hops.

Yellow beats Blue who beats Green. Two hops.

Yellow wins.

Problem - you need an even number of colors and at least four total to assure that a tie is impossible.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

phillip1882

Re: help creating game

Postby phillip1882 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:24 pm UTC

well the problem is each triad has 3 colors on it, so you may get something like yellow, blue, purple versus green, orange, brown.
and there are 7 colors. here's a method i was thinking of.
use the position of the missing color on your played fanos. pos 1 beats 5,6,7 pos 2 beats 5,3,4 pos 3 beats 2,4,6 pos 4 beats 1,3,6 pos 5 beats 1,4,7 pos 6 beats 2,3,7 pos 7 beats 1,2,5. the player with the most color victories wins the battle.
theres still a possibility of a tie though, for example if both player have played all 15 fanos.
so i still need a tie breaker.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

Return to “Gaming”