Star Wars galaxy of heroes

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Star Wars galaxy of heroes

Postby Ixtellor » Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

This is only the second free to play phone game I have enjoyed. I highly recommend this casual phone game. I played Brave Frontier for years now, and while as in depth I'm enjoying it more and it's Star Wars.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Chen

Re: Star Wars galaxy of heroes

Postby Chen » Mon May 15, 2017 8:29 pm UTC

As long as you're not too worried about trying to rise in the squad arena this game works pretty well.

Gets SUPER slow to gear up later on though and practically requires you to be in a decent guild if you want to get past the gear 9 stage. Even getting to gear 9 on some chars requires the raid gear pieces or buying them very slowly from the fleet, guild and/or shipment (for crystals) store.

Still you can do pretty well with a team of:
Biggs
Wedge
Lando
Stormtrooper Han
Bobo Fett

Wedge is pretty key here but he's also only available starting at level 60 from the fleet store or level 68 from a Cantina node. Still that's a solid team that can hold it's own in arena at least until you start hitting the very high ranks where people have ridiculous speed mods and top geared toons.

If you're new, don't waste a lot of time and effort on the Luke they give you. He's pretty bad. Chewbacca is also pretty weak, but you want 5 scoundrels for Credit Heists and Training Droid Heists (events that come up about once a week) so its worth leveling him and gearing him a bit. Fortunately Lando, Stormtrooper Han and Boba Fett are also all scoundrels meaning you only need one more (someone like IG-88 is easy to get).

Gear level 6 is pretty key since you get a large chunk of protection at that level. So good to at least hit that on toons you'll be using.

Bane Harper

Postby Bane Harper » Fri May 19, 2017 10:25 am UTC

excellent choice you can also try street fighter V, Tekken, Injustice, Injustice 2

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 19, 2017 6:21 pm UTC

Played this game for several months, had fun with it, but eventually burned out on it as I became tired of the relentless progression treadmill and the tendency for newly released units to power-creep older ones - and, most of the time, to become available only for cash initially. As such, I'd always be approximately three iterations of the meta behind (since I'd have to wait for them to become farmable, then go about actually farming them, then go about gearing them up, *then* be able to use them on my team - at which point the meta would have long since moved on).

I think it was a little while after ships came out, looking at the grind to get Zeta upgrades and hoping for RNG from raids to give me a single piece of gear that was actually useful to upgrading my gear IX-X characters, that I finally said "you know...I'm not actually having fun with this game anymore, I'm just playing it because I feel obligated to 'not fall behind.' "
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm UTC

I just started playing (because of this thread) and it already feels pretty skinner boxy.
he him his

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I just started playing (because of this thread) and it already feels pretty skinner boxy.

You should reach level 40 in about a week, after that it gets way harder. Mostly in that you have to choose how to spend very limited resources. Arena, light side, dark side, scoundrels, droids, you can't do everything so you have to make sacrifices and when you do its way harder to complete those missions.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:41 am UTC

Ixtellor wrote:
plytho wrote:I just started playing (because of this thread) and it already feels pretty skinner boxy.

You should reach level 40 in about a week, after that it gets way harder. Mostly in that you have to choose how to spend very limited resources. Arena, light side, dark side, scoundrels, droids, you can't do everything so you have to make sacrifices and when you do its way harder to complete those missions.

It did become more fun after level 40 I quite enjoy the galactic war.
he him his

Return to “Gaming”