Team Fortress 2

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

thecommabandit

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby thecommabandit » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am UTC

What's that? xkcd TF2 game at eight o'clock? I'll be there! My Steam name is the same as my fora name, so I will be easy to identify for gloating. I fully expect to die a lot.

So what about alltalk? I'm kind of in favour of alltalk. It makes it more fun when everyone can hear everyone.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:38 am UTC

Alltalk is a cert, yeah.

nbonaparte wrote:
Rakysh wrote:The problems arise when you have a critical mass of engi's- say 8- on a point.
<br style="text-shadow: none;">fuck... How do you take down an 8-engi nest? Spies and demomen, I'd think.

We didn't. 21 minutes of continually trying and trying, using anything from three medics to three spies with six demo/soldiers, and we just couldn't do anything. I'm sure we'll work it out eventually as a community, but atm defenders have a big ol advantage.

Awia

Postby Awia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 am UTC

I shall be there too! I use the same name on steam as I do on here.

Is the server gonna have a password?
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:08 am UTC

It will indeed, and I'll post it here as soon as my friend wakes up (the lazy bugger).

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:43 am UTC

My in-game name is NukeLord, usually.
Last edited by SoapyHobo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Keldaran

Postby Keldaran » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:31 am UTC

Current In game name is Grapes Of Wrath, but if that does not work, my steam id is theunchosenone427

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:45 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:It will indeed, and I'll post it here as soon as my friend wakes up (the lazy bugger).

OI! I wasnt asleep. I was at work :D

Basically... Alltalk will be set to 1, so you can all speak with each other.
The server will be passworded. I will give that to Rakysh about.. 30 minutes before the event.
If you want a specific Map, I will be around and can change it to whatever you want.

Unfortunately.. the server is slightly unstable at the moment, so there MAY be a crash if things on some of the other servers (Specifically Gmod) get too busy, as Gmod saps the Dedi-Box's power like you wouldnt believe.

There is also a possibility of an xkcd Teamspeak Channel, but im not sure if you guys will be needing/wanting that. If you do then just ask Rakysh and he can contact me to get it sorted.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 pm UTC

Shame we'll miss the World Cup game, though.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:10 pm UTC

Ahahaha....

Jar'O'Jam wrote:Shame we'll miss the World Cup game, though.

Serious? You can go watch if you want, but then you miss out on Epic TF2....

Its down to you ;)

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

[xkcd] - Box Boy is my name, and I am game for some TF2 madness.
Just one thing, I can find the server by putting the IP into the search bar, right?
Signatures are for chumps.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:35 pm UTC

I will post a command you can put in console..

Its basically "connect [IP here]; password <Password Here>"

I will post the full version, including IP and Password as soon as its available, probably around 7:30. Right now, the server is updating (AGAIN!) and the Port number on the previous IP will most likely be changed, as 27019 is a bit glitchy and has the most problems running a server from it.

I will get it up and running however, within the hour, unless something catastrophic happens. Will post more updates soon.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:44 pm UTC

Excellent.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

Ok.
Update #1
xkcd has been given a Channel on the clan teamspeak server, for you guys to use whenever you want. Im not sure how many of you will use it, or want it, but anyway:

Teamspeak 3 is a very good voice communitcation software available for free, from: http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads,
After downloading and setting up the software. Click connect and fill in the following details.

IP: 81.19.223.41
Port: 9987

After connecting, you will be placed into the main channel, there may be a few -Lethal Force- clan members around, at the BOTTOM of the channel list, you will see the xkcd channels.

The password for the main xkcd channel is: xkcdonly
For Tf2 channel: xkcdtf2
For general: xkcdgeneral

I know they arent very imaginative, but they are simple and memorable. It was either that or names of fruits ;)

I would say to keep to the xkcd channel, if you do decide to join, becuase the community does get a bit hyper active occasionaly.

Phen

Postby Phen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

You going to play now?
Too bad I gotta make some foods and can't be bothered with the trouble of teamspeak. I have bad memories of it.
I'm a wizard. We know these things.

In war, one should seek to take and hold the high ground. From there, the enemy's movements are clearly visible, and he will struggle just to reach you, let alone fight you. High orbit is the highest ground there is.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm UTC

Phen wrote:You going to play now?
Too bad I gotta make some foods and can't be bothered with the trouble of teamspeak. I have bad memories of it.

As of now there's no-one in the xkcd room.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 pm UTC

Just so I'm getting it right and don't join the wrong server, it's currently set to Gravelpit, has stock rotation on, 32 player limit with no players at the moment and it's called TF"#1 (or something to that effect anyway). Right?

Also, <3 Scottish Resistance. I just found it and i'm loving the way I'm slaughtering Engies by the truckload.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:34 pm UTC

Box Boy wrote:Just so I'm getting it right and don't join the wrong server, it's currently set to Gravelpit, has stock rotation on, 32 player limit with no players at the moment and it's called TF"#1 (or something to that effect anyway). Right?

Also, <3 Scottish Resistance. I just found it and i'm loving the way I'm slaughtering Engies by the truckload.

More like -Lethal Force- [TF2#1] Stock Rotation with 2fort and 32 spots. At least right now.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:35 pm UTC

Ok then. I know I'm not meant to double post. But I did promise the Server Information at 7:30pm GMT

so then:

IP: 81.19.223.41:27019
Password: xkcdprivate

If you put this: connect 81.19.223.41:27019 ; password xkcdprivate
into your clients console, and it will connect you to the server.

#Sorry about the password mistake, has now been fixed#
Last edited by Lokter on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:37 pm UTC

It must have changed since I posted, therefore I got nothing wrong and you can't prove it! HAHAHAHA-
Box Boy wrote:TF"#1

.......drat

mmmcannibalism

Postby mmmcannibalism » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

So I fail at computer stuff, how do I put that into my client(or how do I search by ip)? Looking for server right now
Izawwlgood wrote:I for one would happily live on an island as a fuzzy seal-human.

Oregonaut wrote:Damn fetuses and their terroist plots.

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

just put the IP address into the option for adding a favourite server
EDIT: Also, I now have a crippling fear of Shovels.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:20 pm UTC

Well, that seems to be going well. Sorry I had to bow out, grandparents arrived. As I said, I'll be on holiday for a week as of tomorrow, but Lokter can set stuff up if need be. Thoughts, ideas, complaints or comments? I personally had a really good time, it's nice to have some continuity in who is playing and everyone seemed really cool (and the standard of play was pretty high too. Better than the average pub, I would say.)

Numzane

Postby Numzane » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:11 pm UTC

Yeah, I just played a bit and it was good fun. I was playing as uмop әpιsdn. My ping wasn't as bad as I feared it might be, most of the time.
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 pm UTC

I thought you were Cheese for a little while.
Rakysh wrote: Thoughts, ideas, complaints or comments?
It seemed to play a lot better during the few rounds when the respawn time was capped at five as opposed to what it normally is, but besides that I can't really fault it in anyway.
Good server stability, good people, good maps and good playing all around.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 pm UTC

This is official - we had a good time :)
At one point we had 16 people, I believe, which turned out in some great stand-offs.

Cheers to everyone who died at hands of There's A Crocket In My Pocket :mrgreen:

Awia

Postby Awia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 pm UTC

That was very fun, A++: would play again.

Pending a mic ban of that CSS kid...
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 pm UTC

Great fun was had, especially when pwning you all as heavy on the first thunder mountain game :twisted:
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:17 pm UTC

Box Boy wrote: Also, I now have a crippling fear of Shovels.

Ahahaha, My Uber-Soldier-Shovel-Of-Doom :lol:

Today was very good fun, the Thundermountain Game was tense, and possibly the greatest single round of TF2 I have ever played.

And I do apologise for the rather retarded CS:S member who turned up and managed to sing a song about "Soviet Uganda", before rage quitting. However, I will gladly host another event for you all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable night of TF2 :)

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm UTC

I stopped in for a bit. Enjoyed. Very much, would play again. Shouldn't be to hard to figure out who I was. (Wyvern =P)

Anyone Enjoy all the medicing I did? Helpful? Fun Ubers? Must kill that bloody medic? I know I had fun. :)

Box Boy
WINNING

Postby Box Boy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:42 pm UTC

Helped me a bit in any case.
Anyone like my Sniping skills on 2Fort? I earned about three achievements in that game alone for the Sniper, and played my best for it the class in absolutely ages. Shame that I unlocked the Razorback right before finding it.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

It was fun. I left sometime in the second time around at 2fort. Did anything interesting happen after that?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

mmmcannibalism

Postby mmmcannibalism » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:16 pm UTC

great game and lots of fun
Izawwlgood wrote:I for one would happily live on an island as a fuzzy seal-human.

Oregonaut wrote:Damn fetuses and their terroist plots.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 am UTC

To be fair, most of the Lethal people that were on there behaved themselves; sorry if there was one who was giving grief. The password thing is up in the air, because if it's off it means we can muster full teams on each side, but then obviously it protects from that sort of thing. Preferences?

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 am UTC

Lokter wrote:And I do apologise for the rather retarded CS:S member who turned up and managed to sing a song about "Soviet Uganda", before rage quitting. However, I will gladly host another event for you all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable night of TF2 :)

Soviet Uganda part was the best one. I caught myself singing it a couple of times myself. Although the constant raging was slightly annoying, yes.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:02 am UTC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/07/10/liked-it-should-have-brought-a-flag-to-it/

I just feel a need to share the awesomeness of this. Especially the medic heavy one.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:20 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
Lokter wrote:And I do apologise for the rather retarded CS:S member who turned up and managed to sing a song about "Soviet Uganda", before rage quitting. However, I will gladly host another event for you all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable night of TF2 :)

Soviet Uganda part was the best one. I caught myself singing it a couple of times myself. Although the constant raging was slightly annoying, yes.

The raging is a common side effect of them playing TF2, they are so used to CS:S that they expect accurate weapons and headshot kills, not to mention they both have anger management. :|

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 am UTC

I am dissapoint! I got killed by a Spy at one point and his freezeframe pose was awesome. I swear I took a picture of it but it's not in my screenshots folder.

It was wicked fun though. And either I suddenly got better at Demoman or you guys suck against it, because I was owning with that class. I almost had the urge to shout in my terrible impersonation of a Scottish accent about what makes me a good Demoman. We should do this again some time.

Lokter

Postby Lokter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:25 am UTC

We will, dont worry.

Your all welcome on the server at any point, aswell as the teamspeak. Every couple of weeks we can password the server and have a private match.

An Idea that I had, would be (if we have enough players) to organise oursleves into 2 Highlander Teams, and play a series of matches for fun.

For those of you who arent aware, a Highlander is a competitive TF2 match, with 9 players a side and only 1 of each class allowed, meaning teamwork (and a good medic!) is vital.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 am UTC

thecommabandit wrote:I am dissapoint! I got killed by a Spy at one point and his freezeframe pose was awesome. I swear I took a picture of it but it's not in my screenshots folder.

It was wicked fun though. And either I suddenly got better at Demoman or you guys suck against it, because I was owning with that class. I almost had the urge to shout in my terrible impersonation of a Scottish accent about what makes me a good Demoman. We should do this again some time.

Was it me? I was spying a fair bit, so many heavies.

Highlights for me included as a medic, soloing Nbonaparte as a heavy, only to be two shotted by a spy straight after. Rather embarrassing for him, really. :P

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:35 am UTC

Well it was on Gravelpit, near control point B and the Spy had an Ambassador, standing in mid-air. I think I was a Demoman. Ring any bells?

Lokter wrote:An Idea that I had, would be (if we have enough players) to organise ourselves into 2 Highlander Teams, and play a series of matches for fun.

For those of you who aren't aware, a Highlander is a competitive TF2 match, with 9 players a side and only 1 of each class allowed, meaning teamwork (and a good medic!) is vital.

I'd be up for that, as long as we can agree to use either in-game voice or Teamspeak, not both. Because it was disorienting having people chat at you in both directions and some who clearly couldn't hear you when you tried to speak to them. And, uh, bagsy Demoman! :P

Return to “Gaming”