EVE Online

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

halbarad

Re: EVE Online

Postby halbarad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:49 am UTC

So I got sucked back into Eve after a few months away. I'm close to joining a new WH corp (last one was pretty terrible and looks like they've been evicted from their WH anyway), they live in a C5 Black Hole with a C3 static.

I know some of the people here have lived in bigger WHs, want to give me some advice living in a C5? I'm used to living in C2s and C3s which I can solo reasonably well (C3s are a bit tougher as I can't fly a Tengu yet but it's only a few weeks away).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 pm UTC

Let someone else do the scanning.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

halbarad

Postby halbarad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:18 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Let someone else do the scanning.

I really don't mind scanning since the patch that gave us moving probes in formation. Made scanning sigs considerably easier.

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:30 am UTC

I'm not going to be around for the POS hunt, unfortunately. Anyone I can live through vicariously?

Speaking of wormholes.. anyone living in a wormhole that wouldn't mind a new resident? I've been away for a bit, but I have maxed skills (to include scanning and all ewar) for all t1/t2/t3 minmatar frigates and cruisers except for the hound (as long as I don't fit missiles, amarr or caldari drones), BC V, and maxed basic leadership. I can use t2 large projs; working on maxing them (hellooooo tornado!). I'm self-sufficient (to include funds, backup sources of income, and transportation), and have over 4 years of small-medium gang experience in all environments, including soloing a c4 before they de-nerfed sleeper neuts. Lookin for a c4 or better, and I can provide character references.

I also enjoy long walks in the starlight. Oh, I'm east coast US.
Eruantale wrote:(I did... I've always wanted to get a Dudley Do-right out of a vending machine)

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:20 pm UTC

Alasseo wrote:I'm not going to be around for the POS hunt, unfortunately. Anyone I can live through vicariously?

What pos hunt? Do you mean poses that get offlined because of the upcoming fuel change, and being left full of shinies?

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 am UTC

BlackSails wrote:
Alasseo wrote:I'm not going to be around for the POS hunt, unfortunately. Anyone I can live through vicariously?

What pos hunt? Do you mean poses that get offlined because of the upcoming fuel change, and being left full of shinies?

Yes.. yes I do. Jan.. 24? 27? I might actually make it. Gonna be close, though.
Eruantale wrote:(I did... I've always wanted to get a Dudley Do-right out of a vending machine)

Chewbaccawacca
Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:38 am UTC

Not sure if this is the place for it, buuuut anyone here thinking about playing the EVE sister game? Dust 514? Myself and a couple RL friends have gotten ourselves fairly hyped for it and I have begun the tenous process of seeking inroads with an established EVE group. Testing the waters, so to speak.

Thoughts?
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 am UTC

If it actually ends up looking like fun, I might be convinced to buy a PS3 cheap on teh ebays for it. Still on the fence, though. Are you in the beta?

Chewbaccawacca
Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

Sadly no, I have been avoiding purchasing a PS3 because large numbers frighten me. Similarily though, I have hopes of grabbing one in these next few months soley to get in on Dust at the launch. There are plenty of games I'd like to peruse on the Playstation, but none have compelled me like Dust has. Combine that with my previous interest in EVE and you've got a match made in Sony's pocketbooks.

I'm optimistic though, combining a FPS (Dust514) with a RPG (EVE) has some really neat concepts that I look forward to witnessing. Not to mention the rumors I've heard regarding RTS elements (for army commanders apparently). It's very exciting times for gamers of all colors.
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:34 pm UTC

I envision at some point orbiting the planet I'm shooting people in the face on, just because of the :meta:. But the truth is it will have to be quite compelling for me to want to grab a PS3 for it.. I have a number of plans (year of vacation, some college classes, EASing) that are going to make my time and money extremely limited over the next few years. I might very well just find someone with a PS3 and play it on there sometimes.

People who still play Eve: anyone tried the AF changes on sisi? How do the Jag and Wolf feel?

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 pm UTC

The AF changes are ridiculous, as every single frigate pilot I know says.

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

I don't find fault with the frigate changes, other than another classwide bonus being rather bland, though I haven't actually been able to fly with them. All of the theorycrafting I've done as well as the reports I've been reading have them as pretty awesome, if anything a little overpowered. What exactly are your frigate pilot friends saying?

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

Alasseo wrote:I don't find fault with the frigate changes, other than another classwide bonus being rather bland, though I haven't actually been able to fly with them. All of the theorycrafting I've done as well as the reports I've been reading have them as pretty awesome, if anything a little overpowered. What exactly are your frigate pilot friends saying?

They completely, and 100% destroy the current balance that exists in frigates right now. As in, every t1 and faction frigate (with the exceptions of slicer, dram, daredevil) are 100% useless for characters more than a few weeks old, sort of like the slasher or tormetor is now. In addition, some of the afs are utterly ridiculous, like the hawk with 5 midslots - no gunnery based frigate can beat it.

Afs can now pretty much beat the shit out of most cruisers as well, thanks to the extra slots for noses, webs, more tank, etc. I have a wolf fit in pyfa that can tank upwards of 300 dps omni (and over 1000 dps vs lasers)

Phoenix112358

Postby Phoenix112358 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 am UTC

Sorry to go against the flow of the current discussion, but I was wondering how appropriate EVE would be for a new player to get into - given that I won't be able to dedicate lots of time once semester starts.

I've heard the skills train while you're offline, which is good. I've also heard that there's always a place for newer players in corps piloting smaller ships, etc. But will any corps I join demand a certain level of activity from me? If so, how feasible is it to go freelance? Would I just get killed over and over?

halbarad

Postby halbarad » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:28 am UTC

Rule 0 (or 1 depending on who you ask) of Eve: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose. You will lose ships and almost certainly lots of them.

How you lose them is up to you, if you go into PVE you shouldn't lose too many once you get the hang of it but PVE can get very repetitive. In PVP your likely to lose a lot of ships when starting out then slightly less ships later on.

If you want to learn Eve then you need time, not just for in game playing the game but also out of game reading up on lots of various things. This topic is a good place to post questions, most of us who check the thread are either still playing or still know a good deal of things.

Some corps will ask for a certain level of activity but that's usually in the form of killboard stats and you can generally find corps who are happy for RL to come first and take a nice laid back attitude to the game (might take a while to find a corp your happy with but that's not a problem).

The general advice given to new players is do all the tutorials and the Sisters of Eve epic arc that your directed to at the end of the tutorials. It gets you set up with a good amount of money (about 20mil from what I recall), a good selection of ships and an idea of what most aspects of the game will involve. From there you can decide what you'd like to do.

I'm sure there are more thing to mention but I can't think right now (2.30 am here).

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 am UTC

BlackSails wrote:
Alasseo wrote:I don't find fault with the frigate changes, other than another classwide bonus being rather bland, though I haven't actually been able to fly with them. All of the theorycrafting I've done as well as the reports I've been reading have them as pretty awesome, if anything a little overpowered. What exactly are your frigate pilot friends saying?

They completely, and 100% destroy the current balance that exists in frigates right now. As in, every t1 and faction frigate (with the exceptions of slicer, dram, daredevil) are 100% useless for characters more than a few weeks old, sort of like the slasher or tormetor is now. In addition, some of the afs are utterly ridiculous, like the hawk with 5 midslots - no gunnery based frigate can beat it.

Afs can now pretty much beat the shit out of most cruisers as well, thanks to the extra slots for noses, webs, more tank, etc. I have a wolf fit in pyfa that can tank upwards of 300 dps omni (and over 1000 dps vs lasers)

AFs can beat the shit out of cruisers without the changes - at least, the good ones can. That's more of an issue with cruisers being somewhat underpowered thanks to the overall powercreep stemming from tier two BCs. That said, if you set up cruisers to take out frigates, assuming you have a competent cruiser to begin with, you will still destroy the new AFs.

As to making t1/faction useless; I don't know what t1 frigates you thought were competitive that are no longer competitive. It took a very skilled pilot in a t1 frigate to beat an AF before the boost (along with very careful target selection), and I think that while those rare cases may be even more rare now, they were not by any means common to begin with. not to mention that prices are only going to go up, up, up...

Faction frigates being made useless.. well. The comet, firetail, and hookbill are novelties as it is, the slicer being the only navy frigate wroth a damn. The pirate frigs aren't really much better, and the dram and daredevil are what's useful now. Cruors, Worms, and Succubi are not exactly common sights. I really don't see what's changing here, other than slightly degrading the usefulness of faction frigates (which I personally believe should fall to AFs, by and large: see Vagabond vs SFI, fex).

In short, I really don't see this as utterly upsetting the balance. Yes, they are stronger, yes, they will now end up slightly ahead when they might have been slightly behind in the past, but even with the extra slots/rearrangements, they're not getting boosted out of alignment with where they ought to be. The biggest change to any of them is the MWD bonus, and that has very little application in frigate vs frigate combat. It makes it possible for AFs to now get into larger fights without being too slow to close or blooming their sig so high they get exploded by everything.

I think lots of the complaining you're seeing is that where before you had only a few really generally useful AFs (ishkur, jag, veng) vs a similar small number of other competitive combat frigs (dram, daredevil, slicer, rifter, ranis, incursus, punisher, sentinel), now all of the AFs are competitive, including those which a year ago were hilariously underpowered (I'm looking at you, hawk). some AFs got a massive power boost, but only due to being massively underpowered.

I'd be interested in what matchups/state of play have been massively overturned, other than AFs taking back what should have been their niche from the start: small, fast ships that can close with and chew up larger ships wolfpack style. I would say ideally that two AFs would be able to shut down a (t1) cruiser that's not trying to kill frigates, but in turn four or five (t1) frigates ought to shut them down.

Mishrak

Postby Mishrak » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 pm UTC

Phoenix112358 wrote:Sorry to go against the flow of the current discussion, but I was wondering how appropriate EVE would be for a new player to get into - given that I won't be able to dedicate lots of time once semester starts.

I've heard the skills train while you're offline, which is good. I've also heard that there's always a place for newer players in corps piloting smaller ships, etc. But will any corps I join demand a certain level of activity from me? If so, how feasible is it to go freelance? Would I just get killed over and over?

It's easy to get overwhelmed, so start slow and don't try to learn everything at once.

Find a good corp with people you can get along with. That really does make the game a lot easier.

Remember that there's a difference between being able to fly a ship, flying that ship effectively (with proper skills), and piloting that ship.

Phoenix112358

Postby Phoenix112358 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 am UTC

I'm in the middle of downloading the free trial from steam. Ah, so excited!

Mishrak wrote:Remember that there's a difference between being able to fly a ship, flying that ship effectively (with proper skills), and piloting that ship.

Ooh, that's a good point. I don't actually know what the specific mechanics will be like and how difficult it will be to become proficient in those sorts of things.

halbarad wrote:The general advice given to new players is do all the tutorials and the Sisters of Eve epic arc that your directed to at the end of the tutorials. It gets you set up with a good amount of money (about 20mil from what I recall), a good selection of ships and an idea of what most aspects of the game will involve. From there you can decide what you'd like to do.

With a game with so much depth as EVE, I'll be sure to do all the tutorials, thanks!

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:36 am UTC

I haven't played in a while, is the XKCD channel still there? If so, give that a visit.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

halbarad

Postby halbarad » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 am UTC

Spambot5546 wrote:I haven't played in a while, is the XKCD channel still there? If so, give that a visit.

It was last week when I last logged in. Depending on what time of day your on, there may be people there or not. My subs ran out and I can't really be bothered to resub at the minute, having fun with WoW and got a few other things on.

Phoenix112358

Postby Phoenix112358 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

Made a throwaway 14 day trial until I get my friends' 60 day one, just to learn how to do things. So far I've just been doing some courier missions, doing a bit of mining, and a little bit of space combat for the agents in Clellinon. It's pretty fun so far but I feel so overwhelmed with everything, I don't want to venture too far away from where I've been.

It's kind of like the feeling I got when I first played WoW and stayed near Goldshire for like a week because I was like, "You mean I can go to ALL these places? Um... I think I'll stay by the starting zone here...."

halbarad

Postby halbarad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 am UTC

Phoenix112358 wrote:Made a throwaway 14 day trial until I get my friends' 60 day one, just to learn how to do things. So far I've just been doing some courier missions, doing a bit of mining, and a little bit of space combat for the agents in Clellinon. It's pretty fun so far but I feel so overwhelmed with everything, I don't want to venture too far away from where I've been.

It's kind of like the feeling I got when I first played WoW and stayed near Goldshire for like a week because I was like, "You mean I can go to ALL these places? Um... I think I'll stay by the starting zone here...."

Just wait till you go to Jita. My main suggestion if you ever do is to minimise your Local chat window or hide it in some way. It makes Stormwind of a busy day look like a dead town.

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm UTC

halbarad wrote:
Phoenix112358 wrote:Made a throwaway 14 day trial until I get my friends' 60 day one, just to learn how to do things. So far I've just been doing some courier missions, doing a bit of mining, and a little bit of space combat for the agents in Clellinon. It's pretty fun so far but I feel so overwhelmed with everything, I don't want to venture too far away from where I've been.

Just wait till you go to Jita. My main suggestion if you ever do is to minimise your Local chat window or hide it in some way. It makes Stormwind of a busy day look like a dead town.
Dude, my main is over 5 years old, and I still haven't been to Jita. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 pm UTC

I admit, that's a bit shocking. Shocking in the same way that Alasseo only flies frigs, despite being a 5+ year old player.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am UTC

hendusoone wrote:
halbarad wrote:

Dude, my main is over 5 years old, and I still haven't been to Jita. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

How do you get things?

wst

Postby wst » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 pm UTC

I've got a computer that is now capable of EVE, and I've had my eye on it for a while. I'm starting to look up info to understand all the jargon and so on. It's the most daunting game I can anticipate playing in the near future. So vast... 'where to begin' is my first concern.

Trust I'll be able to ask newb questions here and brag about my first kill, etc, when I get going at it? Or shall I just be prepared to be shunned, per-emptively? :p
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Phoenix112358

Postby Phoenix112358 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:35 pm UTC

wst wrote:I've got a computer that is now capable of EVE, and I've had my eye on it for a while. I'm starting to look up info to understand all the jargon and so on. It's the most daunting game I can anticipate playing in the near future. So vast... 'where to begin' is my first concern.

Trust I'll be able to ask newb questions here and brag about my first kill, etc, when I get going at it? Or shall I just be prepared to be shunned, per-emptively? :p

It is pretty daunting. When you first start out there are five (or six?)-ish tutorial agents which give you brief introduce to things like navigating space, mining, salvaging, hacking, pirate combat, scanning, manfuacturing, etc. and they give you a decent taste at what each involves. It doesn't go into too much depth, so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 am UTC

My advice to a new player is to try everything, but not focus on optimizing anything. The games got a lot to offer, so no sense limiting yourself, and once you find the activities you like, you can push towards those.

Phoenix112358

Postby Phoenix112358 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 pm UTC

So I've just finished the tutorial agents for Gallente, pretty stoked.

Lately I've been keeping a salvager fitted and salvaging all the pirates I kill in the missions, but people say it's not worth the time until T3, so I'm considering ignoring it for now.

I do have one question about the skill system, though. Since skills train based on the real-time queue you set up, this means the more you mine/salvage/manufacture/combat, it has no influence on your skill, right? How do the skills 'scale' with your progress through the game, then? Technically would I be able to go into 0.0 space with my Salvager I and salvage any wrecks I come across and get significantly better loot to sell than in hi-sec? Or would I need a Salvager II or higher Salvaging skills to be able to get that better stuff?

Also, I've heard Gallente drones are much better than normal drones - where would I obtain said drones? Are they physically better drones, or is it some extra training which improves my drones which other races don't have access to?

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm UTC

Phoenix112358 wrote:So I've just finished the tutorial agents for Gallente, pretty stoked.

Lately I've been keeping a salvager fitted and salvaging all the pirates I kill in the missions, but people say it's not worth the time until T3, so I'm considering ignoring it for now.

It's hard to say whether or not it's worth it for you based on that information. Most people work based on isk/hour, so consider how much longer it takes to run a mission while salvaging it and how much extra money you get by doing so. If it turns out the slower turnaround is causing a lower isk/hour then it's not worth it.
That said, at this stage there's not a lot you can do to make massive amounts of iskies. Just focus on finding out what you enjoy doing.
Phoenix112358 wrote:I do have one question about the skill system, though. Since skills train based on the real-time queue you set up, this means the more you mine/salvage/manufacture/combat, it has no influence on your skill, right?

Correct, what you do in-game has no impact on your skills.
Phoenix112358 wrote:How do the skills 'scale' with your progress through the game, then? Technically would I be able to go into 0.0 space with my Salvager I and salvage any wrecks I come across and get significantly better loot to sell than in hi-sec? Or would I need a Salvager II or higher Salvaging skills to be able to get that better stuff?

I rather like the way EVE does skills, and if I ever make an RPG I'll probably steal it.
Every skill maxes out at V, but there will be several skills that impact your ability to pilot a ship. This means that there is a point where you will be "maxed out" and cannot get better at flying your ship. The only thing to do from there is start training skills for different ships.
The only difference between a T1 salvager and a T2 salvager is liklihood of success. There are, IIRC, some wrecks that require salvaging IV to open, but they can be opened with a T1 salvager.
Phoenix112358 wrote:Also, I've heard Gallente drones are much better than normal drones - where would I obtain said drones? Are they physically better drones, or is it some extra training which improves my drones which other races don't have access to?

Drones come in four sizes, scout, medium, heavy, and fighters. Each faction has one basic drone per size, which has a few specialized variants (eWar drones, T2, etc). These drones will have different capabilities such as higher DPS (gallente drones), greater speed (minmatar drones), and something for the other two, no one uses Amarr or Caldari drones unless they desperately need EM/Exp damage, so I don't know what their benefit is.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

BlackSails wrote:How do you get things?
By taking a look at the market in whatever region I happen to be in whenever I find myself needing something. I might not be getting the best prices on my purchases, but I value my time more than the marginal savings I might get by going all the way to Jita. Usually I find what I need at a reasonable price within 3-4 jumps of wherever I happen to be. Sometimes even in the same system!
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 pm UTC

hendusoone wrote: time more than the marginal savings

I assure you, the price differential can be pretty extreme. While I would of course not suggest spending 45m flying from way off to save 10m on a battleship, if you're doing any serious manufacturing, you want to minimize your expenditure while maximizing the speed at which you sell things. It's easier and more cost effective to build 100 runs of a given item and sell it at a 8% markup, and see that money in 24 hrs, than to build 100 runs of a given item and sell it at a 20% markup, but spend hours hauling it around the galaxy and resetting prices, lucky to see your full inventory turn over in a week.

Phoenix112358 wrote:Technically would I be able to go into 0.0 space with my Salvager I and salvage any wrecks I come across and get significantly better loot to sell than in hi-sec? Or would I need a Salvager II or higher Salvaging skills to be able to get that better stuff?

The bigger ships will probably require higher salvaging skill (3 or 4). however, heading to 0.0 in a destroyer to salvage is a surefire way to get yourself blown up.
Phoenix112358 wrote:Also, I've heard Gallente drones are much better than normal drones - where would I obtain said drones? Are they physically better drones, or is it some extra training which improves my drones which other races don't have access to?

Gallente SHIPS often have a bonus to drone damage. The drones themselves are simply variations of one another. Gallente drones do thermal damage, Caldari Kinetic, Amarr EM, and Minmatar explosive; one races drones are faster, another's have more HP. Depending on what you're fighting, you should select the drones accordingly. As for where to find them, Jita.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
hendusoone wrote: time more than the marginal savings

I assure you, the price differential can be pretty extreme. While I would of course not suggest spending 45m flying from way off to save 10m on a battleship, if you're doing any serious manufacturing, you want to minimize your expenditure while maximizing the speed at which you sell things. It's easier and more cost effective to build 100 runs of a given item and sell it at a 8% markup, and see that money in 24 hrs, than to build 100 runs of a given item and sell it at a 20% markup, but spend hours hauling it around the galaxy and resetting prices, lucky to see your full inventory turn over in a week.
Yes, exactly. I don't make things in EVE. I destroy them. So, Jita isn't worth my time. By flying 45 min to save that 10m, I lose at least 40m in income (I know, I know... not very efficient earnings anyway, but I have fun doing it).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm UTC

Not at all; 40m income in roughly an hr is pretty damned good. And yeah, in your circumstance, unless you were buying stuff in bulk for moving to an outpost or such, there's no reason to bother with Jita.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm UTC

hendusoone wrote:
BlackSails wrote:How do you get things?
By taking a look at the market in whatever region I happen to be in whenever I find myself needing something. I might not be getting the best prices on my purchases, but I value my time more than the marginal savings I might get by going all the way to Jita. Usually I find what I need at a reasonable price within 3-4 jumps of wherever I happen to be. Sometimes even in the same system!

Thats why I just stick an alt in jita, and ship whatever I need.

Not at all; 40m income in roughly an hr is pretty damned good. And yeah, in your circumstance, unless you were buying stuff in bulk for moving to an outpost or such, there's no reason to bother with Jita.

40m/hour is pretty bad after your first month or two. Thats roughly what day old guys in salvaging thrashers can make.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm UTC

You can make more than 40mil/hr by playing the markets, but for pretty much any other activity, it's plenty.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm UTC

BlackSails wrote:40m/hour is pretty bad after your first month or two. Thats roughly what day old guys in salvaging thrashers can make.

That's what they're making salvaging for other people maybe; but no one is starting from nothing, with no contacts, and salvaging 40m of stuff in an hour on their own.

I talked about this when I was still playing: the best, consistent, isk/hr activity I've found in game is wormholing, where you can earn upwards of 100m/isk/hr/person up to a group of about 10 people. If you throw alts into this, and have, say, 4 in the group, you can up this to 120m/isk/hr/person. I think the best we ever saw was 180m, and averaged around 90m. Of course, if you're a serious builder, you can see 10-30m/hr/character for doing nothing, which is, in my opinion, ideal.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
BlackSails wrote:40m/hour is pretty bad after your first month or two. Thats roughly what day old guys in salvaging thrashers can make.

That's what they're making salvaging for other people maybe; but no one is starting from nothing, with no contacts, and salvaging 40m of stuff in an hour on their own.

I talked about this when I was still playing: the best, consistent, isk/hr activity I've found in game is wormholing, where you can earn upwards of 100m/isk/hr/person up to a group of about 10 people. If you throw alts into this, and have, say, 4 in the group, you can up this to 120m/isk/hr/person. I think the best we ever saw was 180m, and averaged around 90m. Of course, if you're a serious builder, you can see 10-30m/hr/character for doing nothing, which is, in my opinion, ideal.

You can earn 100M/hour doing level 4 missions in highsec. It does take some prep work to be able to do this, but new guys in my corp are able to do it about 3-4 months into the game.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 am UTC

With alts.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 am UTC

Solo

Return to “Gaming”