Diablo III

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Diablo III

Postby Mishrak » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

So regular Rifts and Bounties are the way to go to hunt for equipment, outside of legendary gems then. Good to know. I'll shift my focus back to those, rather than doing Greater Rifts.

I guess the goal is to get to where you can handle T6 stuff so you get those 100% drop rates? I'm wondering what the breakpoint is for me as far as DPS and equipment. I know for a fact that I need to get the correct bow for the setup I'm running (Meticulous Bolts). Eventually i'll get a 5p Maurauder set but until then I can probably get by piecing everything together.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 pm UTC

T6 is not difficult if you have the necessary set for each class. That's about GRIFT 25, they go up to 40 which is... like 100 times more HP on monsters than T6. DH requires 6 piece marauders to be useful at T6 and beyond. When you have it, you pretty much just run around and let the sentries do the work. Before you get it you are probably best at playing T1 rifts. Roll blood shards for missing marauders pieces. DH's next most important piece is the quiver. There are two that are excellent, sounds like you already got one. DH is not the easiest class to play without marauders and arguably the most brokenly powerful with it. There are other classes that scale a little cleaner. DH's are very binary.

Rifts are the best thing for XP and drops for the vast majority of players. The main exceptions are getting a ring of royal grandeur (act 1 bounties), rolling a hellfire amulet (key farming, uber runs), and leveling legendary gems (grifts).

Superbly geared players like to do high level grifts in 4 person groups and level up their grift stones when they're done eventually "chashing" them in after completing GRIFT level 40 done at a slower pace on their own time. A scant few will beat the grift timer solo level 40 but the reward is the same for those who don't. The main reason for this task is that they only want the legendary drops and xp from the grifts and they're easy to rinse and repeat not needing to pick up junk, etc. If your gems are already 40 or higher, you're probably going to want the best 40 grift level to upgrade them.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:08 pm UTC

Annoyingly, I'm one piece away from every major sader build (Pony's, shotgun, condemn), and can half pull off intermediates, but aren't there yet.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:59 pm UTC

For what it's worth, the set pieces are easier to get from shards than the uniques if that points you in a direction for which piece to go after.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:13 pm UTC

No kidding.

I've taken a break from the Crusader to play the WD and Wizard. Both are fun, though no wear nearly as well geared as my sader.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Diablo III

Postby Mishrak » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:22 pm UTC

I started a season character to play with a twitch streamer that I enjoy and got up to speed pretty fast. The last piece of Marauders was a PITA to get, but i did finally get it. From 0 paragon to 6p Marauders and ~100 paragon in about 12 hours of play during the double exp weekend. Took a lot longer to get a semi-decent bow (15% Etrayu) and I was surprised at how much a difference it made. I've been working on getting a couple gems to 25 and rifting to get a pair of Taskers. Although I'm kinda poking at it because I don't want to invest a ton of time before the new Season is out. I suppose it'd be different if I wasn't solo most of the time.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:28 pm UTC

Glad to hear you got to experience things with a sufficiently geared out build. The game is very tuned for these specific builds and it plays very differently with them than without. A DH without the 6 piece marauder's bonus is like a different class character relying on entirely different skills, means of doing damage, and general gameplay.

I didn't play over the holidays, hopefully they roll out this patch soon so my monk can function some.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Diablo III

Postby Mishrak » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:22 pm UTC

I think they're rolling out the patch next tuesday? And there will be around 3 weeks time before the new Season starts. I don't have links handy but I know there's some blue posts floating around on the issue.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm UTC

Patch is out! My DH needs a bow to be useful again and my monk kicks out astronomical damage with a torch... still re-gearing. These gold'd up uniques add even more grind in for those that demand it but don't functionally change much build wise.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

Chen
Posts: 5267
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Diablo III

Postby Chen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

So new tier of legendaries came with this patch? Haven't played in a while, any dramatic Wizard changes lately? I hear Hydra got nerfed a bit. Without having 6 piece Firebirds I kinda stopped playing. I should probably just grind that out and see what I can manage in the high end rifts, unless that was also nerfed.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 pm UTC

firebird is still arguably the strongest set in the game since it's a duck and cover kind of build. The DH class doesn't have nearly as much out of the line of fire punch after this patch.

The new trick is legendaries and set pieces have a chance of being "mastercraft" or whatever they call it which gives the same piece except with some more dex/vit/resistance/etc possible. For example I have bracers now that have over 600 dex and 200 fire resistance. 6% crit chance is still the max and they don't get extra primary/secondary mods.

If you need gear you should be doing regular rifts T1 to T6 based on how fast you go (generally T6 unless you're pretty new). You have to be pretty damn high up there before grifts are useful for more than leveling gems and challenging yourself.
Last edited by mosc on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Diablo III

Postby Mishrak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm UTC

The DH changes made a lot more weapons viable for use. It seems attack speed isn't nearly as important for turret builds (and Taskers is no longer BiS or even useful). Dual weapon setups are viable (Danetta's) as are huge damage 2h crossbows + rucksack. CDR affects the reload time on Turrets, so that's still a very important stat for the DH. Cold DH should still be very strong.

RIP Lightning build though.

User avatar
sardia
Posts: 5804
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:39 am UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby sardia » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:56 pm UTC

mosc wrote:firebird is still arguably the strongest set in the game since it's a duck and cover kind of build. The DH class doesn't have nearly as much out of the line of fire punch after this patch.

The new trick is legendaries and set pieces have a chance of being "mastercraft" or whatever they call it which gives the same piece except with some more dex/vit/resistance/etc possible. For example I have bracers now that have over 600 dex and 200 fire resistance. 6% crit chance is still the max and they don't get extra primary/secondary mods.

If you need gear you should be doing regular rifts T1 to T6 based on how fast you go (generally T6 unless you're pretty new). You have to be pretty damn high up there before grifts are useful for more than leveling gems and challenging yourself.

Check the grift rankings and you'll know what the strongest sets and classes are. Wizards are near the middle.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

I think it's a bit more complicated than that m8. For example WD's are not able to solo as well as the other classes right now (though at one time they were tops) but every top 4-man group will contain a zdps WD. Monks, for example, are very good solo exploiting the unity ring to help them stay alive but group them in the same level GRIFT they can do solo and they're dead weight.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
sardia
Posts: 5804
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:39 am UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby sardia » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:53 pm UTC

The reason 4 man groups need those classes is solely due to avoiding being 1 shot by undodgeable affixes. Casting fear on elites prevents them from casting affixes, something knockback can't do. Only a fear WD can perma cast that sort of disable, except he can't hit everyone. So you need the monk to suck in everyone, and keep them in 1 spot for the DPS, the DH, to kill.

User avatar
Yoshisummons
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 pm UTC
Location: Happily curled up in a cardboard box alone

Re: Diablo III

Postby Yoshisummons » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 pm UTC

So I nabbed the vanilla version around 2 weeks ago to unwind while listening to favorite podcasts and etc.

After running through the story mode on torment I multiple times I've been getting only one/two set items per entire run. Is the drop rate really that low or is there a specifc set of hoops I need to jump through to increase it?
eran_rathan wrote:Listen to the man with the cone on his head - these are Words of WisdomTM.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:23 pm UTC

Nono, if you're after legendaries or set pieces you should be running Rifts, and gambling with Kadala. In other news, I FINALLY got a Fate of the Fell, though am sort of mixed on it.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
sardia
Posts: 5804
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:39 am UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby sardia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Nono, if you're after legendaries or set pieces you should be running Rifts, and gambling with Kadala. In other news, I FINALLY got a Fate of the Fell, though am sort of mixed on it.

Rift is a privilege that expansion buyers get, not filthy casual vanilla gamers. You should play torment 6, that's your best option right now.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:50 am UTC

Oh, I missed that. Vanilla can't go to 70 either can they?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Biliboy
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:43 am UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby Biliboy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:21 am UTC

So my little sister and her fiance' have been playing d3, and I started the starter game to check it out (last played d2 in college 12 years ago). Anyway, my question is this, exactly how rare is the rainbow goblin portal to whimsyshire supposed to be? A website I looked it up on claimed 'very rare', but I've been in 3 of them in the last two days, and watched my future brother-in-law hit a 4th one today.

It seemed fairly common for what looks like should be a rare easter egg. Also quite creepy for such a sunny happy place. Kudo's to the designer behind it.

Drumheller769
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:46 pm UTC
Location: ♞♞♞

Re: Diablo III

Postby Drumheller769 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 pm UTC

Its rare in the fact that when you try to farm it, it will never ever ever appear. And when you aren't looking for it, don't care about it, possibly cant complete it, it will be there.
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 pm UTC

Before the expansion you could grind out a staff that let you enter any time. Not sure if the staff still does something.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:53 pm UTC

That quest is still there. The pieces still drop. I think the goblin portal is unrelated.

The portal to the gold hoarder guy is much rarer than the rainbow portal.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:22 pm UTC

I see now why you love monks... Yeesh.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 pm UTC

New post notes promise some build variability and equipment diversity. They can't seem to get it right though. Hard enough balancing 6 classes let alone multiple equipment layouts for each class. Seems like it'll just be effectively another tier of gear to get.

Again no mention of any kind of trading system on the horizon.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

I just got my second Sunwuko's piece, and HOLY SHIT is that amazing. Monks have come a long long way.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5086
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Diablo III

Postby Xeio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

Eugh, and I got sucked into this now. I hadn't ever actually played much since RoS (just a bit on one of my old characters).

Now I have a seasonal Demon Hunter up to paragon 115 or so. Sort of hating that I'm slowly being pushed towards the sentry meta though as I GRift higher (can solo around 22 or so). Was using some Rapid Fire shenanigans for a while, now using Shuriken as my builder (yay quiver) and Cluster Arrow. My single-target damage could use some work though. I basically handle trash and elite packs way better, but my boss kills take too long.

Looking forward to the Natalya's Vendgeance PTR change which make Rain of Vengeance more viable (currently like the ability a lot).

Linky for anyone curious.

Chen
Posts: 5267
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Diablo III

Postby Chen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

Has anyone tried out the PTR Tal Rasha's set? I love this set on my Wizard, but since GRs only Firebirds has really been viable and I didn't really bother to get that set so kinda stopped playing. If the buffs to Tal Rasha's now make it viable at top end, it might drive me to pick this up and give it a whirl again.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 pm UTC

Just seems like a matter of time with all the sets. They buff them one after the other to eclipse the previously used set in the hopes of diversity but really they just change the paradigm to something else equally as one-sided. Hold onto a copy of every set item. Unlike uniques when blizzard changes their mind you already have access to the new hotness.

The pre-expansion class sets are the real wildcards this time around. They have odd pieces like weapons, belts, and sometimes jewelry which allow them to pair with other sets easier than most. Tal Rasha's amulet and belt along with 1 other piece gets you the 4 piece bonus with a RORG and still have plenty of spots open for firebird pieces (which is in of itself the easiest of the new class 6 piece sets to run thanks to the offhand). Blizzard has to be particularly careful with that combination.

My monk can't get get to 6 radiant and 4 inna's without resorting to inna's modless two-hander so I think blizzard will be more aggressive with how they buff both of those sets in this patch.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm UTC

mosc wrote:My monk can't get get to 6 radiant and 4 inna's without resorting to inna's modless two-hander so I think blizzard will be more aggressive with how they buff both of those sets in this patch.
radiant?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 pm UTC

Rainment. "Raiment of a Thousand Storms". Sorry.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 pm UTC

oh - you only need the 4 piece bonus though, right?

So you can go pants chest boots raiment, and for sunwukos, shoulder, ammy, hands. You lose the ammy and double pet boots, but still have leorics crown available.

With the double pet boots, does the effect stack for ALL mystic allies, or just Air?
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:49 pm UTC

No, as a monk Rainments is not that great but the 6-piece bonus is still a lot of damage. It gives you a 3000% attack, zero resource, 10s cooldown (and you can save up 3 shots with it instead of just 1) which is not game breaking considering how much gear you need to run to get it but it's still pretty good. It's better than Sunwuko's 2-piece bonus but not as good as Sunwuko's 4-piece bonus.

"double pet boots" give a second mystic ally and each ally buffs you independently (if they buff you at all). Air ally is popular because it gives resource regeneration so the boost basically double that bonus.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:50 pm UTC

Still kinda want RoS. Still kinda don't $40 worth of want RoS. Any speculation on when the next sale will hit? Managed to miss previous ones.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:22 pm UTC

I've been using 3 pieces of Raimants for the +15% lightening boost. If I pick up an Inna's belt, I'll have that mantra perk and the 3 piece sunwukos perk to boot. I don't really have spirit flow problems, even though epiphany is only at about 70% or so uptime.

Lightening, Cold, and Arcane sentries are still the worst, but the monk is the most mobile character I've ever messed with.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:30 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:I've been using 3 pieces of Raimants for the +15% lightening boost. If I pick up an Inna's belt, I'll have that mantra perk and the 3 piece sunwukos perk to boot. I don't really have spirit flow problems, even though epiphany is only at about 70% or so uptime.

Lightening, Cold, and Arcane sentries are still the worst, but the monk is the most mobile character I've ever messed with.

Huh? Sunwuko's and inna's have an amulet and a belt respectively but other than that they take up the same 6 slots as Rainments. RORG it up, you still need 2 body slots for sunwuko's and 2 for inna's leaving only 2 for Rainments (not enough for the 15% LD buff). You'll see on my two handed monk I ditched Rainments 2-piece bonus in favor of using a body slot for Aughilds (which you can pair with bracers) as well as crude boots.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:52 pm UTC

Yes? This is what I'm using.

I'd like an Incense Torch and an Inna's belt. The belt will unlock the four set bonus for Innas.

Though looking at the PTR updates, I'll have to rethink some things.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:30 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Yes? This is what I'm using.

I'd like an Incense Torch and an Inna's belt. The belt will unlock the four set bonus for Innas.

Though looking at the PTR updates, I'll have to rethink some things.

Forgot about Inna's weapon again. That piece of junk.

There are plenty of good weapons you could use that are more desirable than Inna's. Also, if you drop rainments and your bracers you'd have 4 more slots to 1) finish inna's without a weapon, 2) run 2 aughilds peices and 3) use boots of your choice, like crude or ice climbers, etc
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mosc ... o/50778971

There are lots of one handed weapons that work with this setup too. You don't have to use a two hander. Dual weapons have better stats (more CD, dex, vit) and build spirit faster. If you're using a spirit generator you probably want to use dual weapons (though the flying dragon tries it's best to keep up). The torch's resource cost reduction mod is so extreme that people will use it above all else on a monk in the current meta but if that mod were only on a 1-hander, I'm sure all monks would dual wield. Faster attack means more spirit drain on your wall of light for the same DPS which favors the slower two handers but not enough to make up for the damage advantage methinks (particularly because the lightning version sits a DOT out on the field).
Last edited by mosc on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:50 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18638
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Diablo III

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:42 pm UTC

Yeah, the weapon is a piece of junk. If I find an Incense Torch, I'll have to rekajigger some things.

Similarly, I just don't have more set pieces to play with really. When more stuff drops I'll move things around. I think the Raimant lightening bonus might not be worth Inna's full set bonus.

But that said, the PTR has some promising 6 piece bonuses in place.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm UTC

Re: Diablo III

Postby mosc » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:53 pm UTC

Looking at your build specifically, I'm surprised to not find a spirit builder attack skill. I'd probably run that over Exploding Palm (which does see play in seasonal now thanks to the bracers that turn it into a better version of the DH's mark). I'd probably have a hard time convincing you that that the 2 and 3 piece bonuses on aughilds are better than the 2 and 4 piece bonuses on Rainments but it's true. You shouldn't have much trouble rolling inna's belt and crude boots off of shards and can make aughilds yourself with spare parts. You have 4-piece sunwuko's which is huge so I assume you have a couple of better weapons than the plain two hander you're carrying around for inna's 2 and 3 piece bonuses.

Raiment 6-piece doesn't give you much room for other things. Inna's weapon would be needed for 4-piece bonus, Sunwuko's 4-piece is impossible. You can barely squeeze Aughilds or Blackthorns on. I went with Aughilds since it frees me up for elemental amulets. I suppose if I had the fancy new bracers in seasonal I could put those on with sunwuko's shine and either glove or shoulders to get a 2-piece bonus for EP bombing. In fact, if they make the 6-piece rainment bonus stronger that may be the optimal gear loadout pretty soon. Survivability will take a hit even further :(
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests