Brag to me and I shall listen

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

CVSoul

Brag to me and I shall listen

Postby CVSoul » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:54 am UTC

I was shocked to not be able to turn up a result when searching for a similar thread. Anyways, I'm here to hear about notable (maybe not ludicrous) achievements in video gaming. Not like xbox live achievements, although impressive ones should be included-- but anything cool you did. Notable includes, but is not limited to, the following:
-Wowed your friends
-Inspired others to dramatically increase their play time of the game
-Placed you in the top 5% or better on a leaderboard
-Won you real cash
-You successfuly reported a mod/admin

This thread is not for the purpose of "big fish" lies, "life story" lies (e.g. how you convinced your teacher to let you hook up your PS3 to the SmartBoard; we all know THAT story is bs), or hacking*/cheating stories (Yes, you did something to break the game so you didn't have to work at it. Congratulations, but that isn't a good thing).

OK, that's what my intentions are, so: I shall brag to you so that you may brag to me.
-I have now placed in the top 5,000 on the Rock Band leaderboards for fans with over 30 million of em. This includes an average of 4.8 stars on the Endless Setlist, for those who care.
-Hard mode shooters-- I haven't yet finished Gears of War on Insane, and Legendary Halo is hardly note-worthy. However, I did finish the Half Life 2 series on hard-- and that's tougher than you might think in certain battles.
-I beat a Moderate computer player in Age of Empires 2. I won't say that you aren't better than me, but I will say that most of you are worse.
-I stopped playing World of Warcraft after only 2 days (and, I'll give, 10 hours of play time). [SARCASM]I now have a small religion and 12-step program following me.[/SARCASM]
-When I was 10, I medaled every level in StarFox 64. Beat THAT.

***Open to discussion

*An exception to the hack rule is if you created a signifigant mod/etc. on a PC.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

r1chard

Re: Brag to me and I shall listen

Postby r1chard » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:43 am UTC

Heh.

Back in the Playstation days (back when it was called the PSX and was a big sucker, not like these new-fangled PSOne toys the kids have these days... er.. where was I?) I played Wipeout ... a lot. A magazine had a competition to see who could get the fastest lap time for one of the tracks. I figured I was in the running, so took a photograph of my best time. Yes, with film. And mailed it in. With an envelope and stamp.

I came first. I won a t-shirt :)

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:11 am UTC

DDR:
+ I memorized entire Heavy stepcharts to a couple songs on DDR and played them backwards, resulting in much cheers and applause from friends and strangers alike.
+ I've placed in a couple tournaments to win cash, too.
Puzzle Pirates: (These are over a year old, since I kinda got bored with the game and haven't been playing much)
+ #1 on the ocean-wide (i.e. server-wide; there are no global leaderboards) Bilging puzzle rankings. (Admittedly, the next day I was bumped back down to #2.)
+ #2 spot on ocean-wide Rumble leaderboard for a short while, and consistently held a top-10 position on that leaderboard for a couple months.
+ I won THREE Familiar Rumble Tournaments. (Familiar tournaments were some of the biggest tournaments in the game. 200+ players in a familiar tourney wasn't uncommon at the time, though I dunno about now.)
Touhou series:
+ I broke 900 million on Phantasm in Perfect Cherry Blossom. And I have video proof.
+ Cleared Extra without dying in Mountain of Faith, though I did abuse a bug to do it.
Kingdom of Loathing:
+ I successfully pulled off a 1-day ascension, something the devs never intended to be possible until two players pulled it off. I wasn't the first, but I am one of only 141 players who have done it. And since the devs nerfed it last year with the advent of NS13, I am one of 141 players who will ever do it.
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:25 am UTC

I beat Myst.

Oh, I also beat the endboss in Tetris. :wink:

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 am UTC

I'm convinced that one of the most satisfying things in all of gaming is taking someone on in an arcade and winning in front of onlookers. I was playing Soulcalibur 2 on story mode in an arcade when some guy marched up and slapped the player two button, challenging me. He needed to warm up, so I played as Kilik and he chose Talim. We both won and lost a round, but I won the first match. Then, he shot me a look that told me it was serioustime. He chose Nightmare, I chose Mitsurugi. People stopped what they were doing to watch. For several intense rounds there was nothing but the sounds of guard impacts and insane combos. Yeah, he was really good. I was better. I am so freaking cool.

Also, I'm the only person I've ever met that could perform Ivy's Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony at will. Unfortunately, it's been years since then. I'm getting back into it, though.

I'll always be proud of the time in Shadowrun where, in one round, I killed a troll 1v1 (he's one of my friends in real and is widely considered one of the best trolls in the game), rezzed my entire team, and ran the artifact in to win the game. It made for some good trash talk next time I saw him at school.

I broke practically every Mech Assault high score on one of the machines at a rather large arcade. It was one of those awesome Mech Assault machines where you have a joystick and throttle mounted to a mech-type cockpit that moves as your mech moves.

One of my friends holds the dubious distinction of making a girl cry in a particularly heated game of Uno on Xbox Live.

Eh, I'll post more later. I'm tired.

CVSoul

Postby CVSoul » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:44 am UTC

Poochy wrote:Puzzle Pirates: (These are over a year old, since I kinda got bored with the game and haven't been playing much)
+ #1 on the ocean-wide (i.e. server-wide; there are no global leaderboards) Bilging puzzle rankings. (Admittedly, the next day I was bumped back down to #2.)
+ #2 spot on ocean-wide Rumble leaderboard for a short while, and consistently held a top-10 position on that leaderboard for a couple months.
+ I won THREE Familiar Rumble Tournaments. (Familiar tournaments were some of the biggest tournaments in the game. 200+ players in a familiar tourney wasn't uncommon at the time, though I dunno about now.)

You're officially better at rumble than I am. FYI, familiar tournaments still get about the same number of players.

I guess since Puzzle Pirates is on the board, I'll point out that I've beaten a war frigate on the navy bnav mission. (for those that don't know-- war frigate is the 2nd biggest ship in the game, and on the navy mission you use the smallest. Basically, I needed 30 cannonball hits to win and they only needed 4. Oh, and they can shoot twice as fast.) For anyone that cares.

I'll also comment that I was never, ever very good at Soul Calibur. The times I won were just incredibly cheap ring outs.

Jahoclave wrote:I beat Myst.

I beat Myst, and its first sequel, but that game is like the tv show Lost mixed with Legend of Zelda. It's painful.

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 am UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:I'm convinced that one of the most satisfying things in all of gaming is taking someone on in an arcade and winning in front of onlookers.
Ah, yes, that reminds me of one personal anecdote from Initial D: Arcade Stage Ver. 2 a couple years back.

For those who have never played Initial D, here's a quick explanation of the 2-player battle race system: First, you can toggle whether or not you'll accept a battle race challenge during your game via the Start button. If the player on the other side is accepting challenges when you start your game, you'll be asked if you want to race them. If you say yes, their race (either against the CPU or a time trial) is interrupted and you go into a head-to-head battle race.

Now, starting with Ver. 2, the winner of a 2-player race would get a free game - instead of being prompted to insert more coins or quit, you're returned to the menu. But there's a catch - you're immediately accepting challengers, and can't toggle it to deny a challenge until the 3-2-1 countdown to your race starts. Which is plenty of time for someone to jump on the other side and challenge you.

Thanks to this system, I managed to win over ten consecutive matches. I was on the machine for well over half an hour, beating everybody in line at least twice. All on a single dollar. Though eventually, one of the top players came along and finally beat me, collecting a 30,000-point bounty for it. (ID:AS V2 offered a bounty for defeating a reigning champ who had won consecutive times in one sitting; this maxes out at 30K for 10 or more consecutive wins. Which is why I can't remember exactly how many times I had won.)
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:14 pm UTC

CVSoul wrote:
I beat Myst, and its first sequel, but that game is like the tv show Lost mixed with Legend of Zelda. It's painful.

Try Myst IV. It is a bit more cinematic, ergo fun. As for bragging, in TF2 on Goldrush, first checkpoint, as a blue spy, I oneshotted two snipers inside the tower, from inside the spawn area.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

Frimble

Postby Frimble » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

I beat one of the worms 2 missions using only ninja-ropes. Not particularly impressive I suppose.

I have also completed 96 levels of the original lemmings, and 71 levels of 'Oh No Not More Lemmings'.

I have completed the warlords battlecry 1 campain on hard mode, and can defeat multiple 'grand warlord' AI opponents with a low level character.
"Absolute precision buys the freedom to dream meaningfully." - Donal O' Shea: The Poincaré Conjecture.
"We need a reality check here. Roll a D20." - Algernon the Radish
"Should I marry W? Not unless she tells me what the other letters in her name are" Woody Allen.

krikitarmy

Postby krikitarmy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm UTC

{redacted}
Last edited by krikitarmy on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Shpadoinkle

Postby Shpadoinkle » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 pm UTC

I'm sure everyone's already seen the Super Mario Brothers 3 speedrun where the guy beats it in 11 minutes (and yes, I know it's fake). After seeing that, it rekindled my interest in the game, and I got pretty close to being able to duplicate what's seen in the video, though I never timed myself. I also played it enough that I was able to go through almost every stage in the game at top speed. That was a couple years ago though, and I'm out of practice now.
Last edited by Shpadoinkle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:25 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:17 pm UTC

headprogrammingczar wrote:
CVSoul wrote:

Try Myst IV. It is a bit more cinematic, ergo fun. As for bragging, in TF2 on Goldrush, first checkpoint, as a blue spy, I oneshotted two snipers inside the tower, from inside the spawn area.

I would say III before IV. IV may be more cinematic, but it's also hideously difficult, whilst III 1. has the same level of cinematic quality and 2. the puzzles won't make you want to shoot yourself in the face.

That said, Riven was and always will remain the best - it had the best story, fantastic acting, beautiful landscapes, and made SENSE. Unlike IV which was a bunch of new-age mumbojumbo.

... oh yeah bragging. ummm...

I beat Riven. Uh, yeah. :D Give me a few days however and I may be able to brag that I have a complete Darklit Planets set in The World Ends with You.
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:21 pm UTC

Heh, there was some chain-reaction type game online a while ago in which you had to spin circles around to make the lines on them match up with others and start a "chain reaction". There was no leaderboard, but google brought me to a discussion of people listing their scores. The highest there was around 1000. I got over 3000. Still not sure how that happened...

Um, I got 120 stars in Super Mario 64...
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

I completed tetris.

Shadic

Postby Shadic » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:08 pm UTC

I can beat Super Mario Bros 1 without getting a powerup, and without dying.

I've beat Zelda 2.

I beat Pokemon Red in under 10 hours.

I 'S' ranked Ready Steady Go in Hard on my first try in Ouendan 1, and I've 'S' JJF!, Countdown, Without a Fight, and Sekai wa whatever in Ouendan 1.

Super Mario RPG taught me how to read.

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 pm UTC

I ascended nethack.

Actually, that's a lie :(
I did get a staff of wishes on the first level once though, and wished for exalibur, dragonscale armour, teleport control and teleportitis etc.
I somehow died on level four, surrounded on all sides by small coins and pebbles lying on top of some magic marker markings (you know the one). Some goblin threw a knife at me. God, I hate that game so much, yet I love it.

Also, in dwarf fortress, I didn't die.

100% on all the solos in Cult of Personality on expert in GH3 (yet somehow managed to miss some easy notes inbetween).

Got to level 300 in Tetris DS, then the battery died. Took me about 7 hours (of which about 1.5 were breaks).

Got to level 3 in battletoads.

Finished Super Mario World in 18 minutes on the first playthrough in ten years.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Kag

Postby Kag » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote: Give me a few days however and I may be able to brag that I have a complete Darklit Planets set in The World Ends with You.

It's only special if you do it without Eden.

Uh, I was once playing a spy in TF2 so well that one of my teammates said he had a man-crush on me.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

FACM

Postby FACM » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:47 pm UTC

Symphony of the Night: Beaten in under 3 hours as Alucard, no Crissegrim or Shield Rod.

FF7: beaten with my strongest party member at lv. 52, and most under lv50

WoW: I've quit WoW 6 times, which is 5.5 more times than the average player.

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

I can get $20,000 in Crazy Taxi. I end up losing because I run out of new passengers.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

Cryopyre

Postby Cryopyre » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

We need more cool stories and less simple achievements.

Here's one of a few

I was playing an Arathi Basin match with complete strangers against a premade on the other team. We had our asses kicked to start off with and they got to 800. Then, our team rallied up, still at 0 points, and we completely whiped them out. We then proceeded to win.

That was the coolest BG game I've ever played, I don't think any game I could play could beat it.

(We one barely, only 200 points ahead).
Felstaff wrote:I actually see what religion is to social, economical and perhaps political progress in a similar way to what war is to technological progress.

Gunfingers wrote:Voting is the power to speak your mind. You, apparently, had nothing to say.

Frimble

Postby Frimble » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

Ok...

I got a death toll of about 1000 of my troops and still managed to win at warlords battlecry when I decided I would only produce kobolds (builders) and goblins. It's surprising what 100 goblins can do.
"Absolute precision buys the freedom to dream meaningfully." - Donal O' Shea: The Poincaré Conjecture.
"We need a reality check here. Roll a D20." - Algernon the Radish
"Should I marry W? Not unless she tells me what the other letters in her name are" Woody Allen.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

krikitarmy wrote:
CVSoul wrote:This thread is not for the purpose of "big fish" lies, "life story" lies (e.g. how you convinced your teacher to let you hook up your PS3 to the SmartBoard; we all know THAT story is bs)

um... I can't tell if this is serious or not... At my school the last week or two of school is basically "bring your gaming systems to school and plug them into the SmartBoards week." Granted, if an administrator sees you, it's gonna get taken away but the teachers are all okay with it. Kids bring guitar hero by putting the guitars in real guitar cases. Hell, one girl brought the entire Rock Band set to my orchestra class last year. She has a small retinue of friends who helped her bring it in and she left it there the rest of the class. I have videos of my orchestra teacher singing Highway Star and of my many of my teachers playing guitar hero.

We regularly play GH3 on our Math Teachers smart board at lunch. So....... yeah.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

Cryopyre wrote:We need more cool stories and less simple achievements.
Okay, I remember another one from Puzzle Pirates, about two years ago.

My crew was out on a pillage, and we were up against some pretty tough brigands (i.e. AI-controlled NPC team). It had looked pretty hopeless when our second-to-last player was KO'ed with three brigands left in the game. This left me as the last player left standing on our side, with three brigands all teamed up against me.

I managed to KO all three of 'em, one at a time, to win the battle for the team.

Samsoneffect

Postby Samsoneffect » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 am UTC

Shpadoinkle wrote:I'm sure everyone's already seen the Super Mario Brothers 3 speedrun where the guy beats it in 11 minutes (and yes, I know it's fake). After seeing that, it rekindled my interest in the game, and I got pretty close to being able to duplicate what's seen in the video, though I never timed myself. I also played it enough that I was able to go through almost every stage in the game at top speed. That was a couple years ago though, and I'm out of practice now.

I'm similar but with Mega Man 2 instead of SMB 3. Though I DID time myself, and clocked in at a bit under 34 minutes.
Most people would post something witty, humourous, or perhaps offensive in their signature. Unfortunately, you won't find anything like this here.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 am UTC

You know, this is me bragging for the AI, but it needs to be said.

Imagine it's a little less than two years ago, and I'm doing the Herod fight (I think that's his name) in WoW. Scarlet Monastery Armory. Herod has a characteristic attack in which he shouts "BLADES OF LIGHT!" and spins around for massive damage. I'm a caster, so I stay out of range of it and all is well. Specifically, I'm a warlock, so I have my imp (a foot tall demon that's mostly out because it gives a buff aura). I'm wailing on Herod, and my imp is too. Then, my imp runs out of mana.

So, you're an amazingly squishy pet demon who can't toss tiny fireballs anymore. What do you do? If you're Zilham, you run--nay, charge--into melee range, ready and willing to (I assume) smash him in the face despite the fact that Blizzard didn't even give you a melee attack.

BLADES OF LIGHT!

Remember Zilham, guys. Remember the sacrifice.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Cryopyre

Postby Cryopyre » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 am UTC

I lol'd

(I am a warlock)

*Salutes Zilham*
Felstaff wrote:I actually see what religion is to social, economical and perhaps political progress in a similar way to what war is to technological progress.

Gunfingers wrote:Voting is the power to speak your mind. You, apparently, had nothing to say.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 am UTC

I beat N.

/thread

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:31 am UTC

Cryopyre wrote:I lol'd

(I am a warlock)

*Salutes Zilham*

Indeed. My Imp Pagtip was a natural born lowbie ganker. So I was in the badlands farming those little dragon thingies for the pet. So some little alliance gnome attacked me, I didn't even notice he did until my Imp just blew him away. The odd part, that gnome came back three more times. Same result.

Someday I hope I meet the person who played that gnome so I can figure out what the hell they were thinking.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:

(I am a warlock)

*Salutes Zilham*

Indeed. My Imp Pagtip was a natural born lowbie ganker. So I was in the badlands farming those little dragon thingies for the pet. So some little alliance gnome attacked me, I didn't even notice he did until my Imp just blew him away. The odd part, that gnome came back three more times. Same result.

Someday I hope I meet the person who played that gnome so I can figure out what the hell they were thinking.

Wait, you killed a lowbie...with only your imp?

Damn. I do not want to meet your imp. Ever. (Stories like this make me wish I played PvP realms)

Well. You heard him.

Cryopyre

Postby Cryopyre » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 am UTC

PvP is some fun stuff, I remember I once destroyed a Dwarf Paladin thrice (three levels higher too), in between each kill he logged onto his high level, apparently trying to teach me a lesson, I didn't care. I still pursued his character. (same warlock btw)

Durinthal

Postby Durinthal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:12 am UTC

Shpadoinkle wrote:I'm sure everyone's already seen the Super Mario Brothers 3 speedrun where the guy beats it in 11 minutes (and yes, I know it's fake). After seeing that, it rekindled my interest in the game, and I got pretty close to being able to duplicate what's seen in the video, though I never timed myself. I also played it enough that I was able to go through almost every stage in the game at top speed. That was a couple years ago though, and I'm out of practice now.

It's not "fake", it's a Tool-Assisted Speedrun.

As for me.. at one point during the short life of Unreal Tournament 2003 I held multiple simultaneous top 10 rankings (in Bombing Run, but still...). 1st and 8th for the week, 5th and 6th for the month, and 6th all-time.

Edit: also, wouldn't the thread "Most Excellent Gaming Moments" fall under the same topic?

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:25 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:

(I am a warlock)

*Salutes Zilham*

Wait, you killed a lowbie...with only your imp?

Damn. I do not want to meet your imp. Ever. (Stories like this make me wish I played PvP realms)

I had nothing to do with the gnomes death. My imp apparently didn't take to kindly to this gnome poking me with his toothpicks and decided to EXTERMINATE him. It was just odd because he had to attack me for it to happen and he did it more than once. Suicide by imp?

Kag

Postby Kag » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I beat N.
/thread

I beat I Wanna Be The Guy.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:32 am UTC

Kag wrote:
/thread

Liar.

Well. You heard him.

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 am UTC

I once beat F-Zero GX's stoory mode.

True story.

Shadic

Postby Shadic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:40 am UTC

Impressive, my save is pretty close, but I got distracted and never got back to it.

Pandercolour wrote:I once beat F-Zero GX's stoory mode.

True story.

Also impressive. I'm not a big racing guy, but that shit is definitely difficult. :(

My friend and I made what we called a "Chinese Jumping Team" in Halo once, and used it for level like Battle Creek in Capture the Flag. We were able to pull off some flag captures in mere seconds.

Kag

Postby Kag » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:06 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:
Kag wrote:
/thread

Liar.

Fine, I'll beat it again and get a picture of the ending. Be back in about a million years.

CVSoul

Postby CVSoul » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 am UTC

Kag wrote:
/thread

Unless you're that one dude that made the youtube guide to each level, you must be mistaken... I find it hard to believe that even one person beat it, but two? Not a chance.
However, if you submit proof, I'll acknowledge you in my blog :D

Babamthegrunt wrote:
krikitarmy wrote:
CVSoul wrote:This thread is not for the purpose of "big fish" lies, "life story" lies (e.g. how you convinced your teacher to let you hook up your PS3 to the SmartBoard; we all know THAT story is bs)

um... I can't tell if this is serious or not... At my school the last week or two of school is basically "bring your gaming systems to school and plug them into the SmartBoards week." Granted, if an administrator sees you, it's gonna get taken away but the teachers are all okay with it. Kids bring guitar hero by putting the guitars in real guitar cases. Hell, one girl brought the entire Rock Band set to my orchestra class last year. She has a small retinue of friends who helped her bring it in and she left it there the rest of the class. I have videos of my orchestra teacher singing Highway Star and of my many of my teachers playing guitar hero.

We regularly play GH3 on our Math Teachers smart board at lunch. So....... yeah.

At lunch doesn't count. The intention of that comment was for those 10 year old kid's telling stories about "and then I got the principal to play Brawl! And then I found a $100 bill on the ground! No, I'm not kidding!". That kind. Sorry if I got it wrong.

headprogrammingczar wrote:I can get $20,000 in Crazy Taxi. I end up losing because I run out of new passengers.

Put that on youtube please. I want to watch. I must see your technique.

Berengal wrote:I ascended nethack.

Actually, that's a lie :(
I did get a staff of wishes on the first level once though

By luck, or by using Wizard Mode? Well, I guess you can't die in wizard mode. Never mind.
I've seen someone get to the elemental levels in nethack, but I find it hard to believe that it's beatable. The one time I came close, my Amulet of Yendor got cursed, and I had lost all my holy water when the same thing happened to my bag of holding over and over and over.

Shadic wrote:I 'S' ranked Ready Steady Go in Hard on my first try in Ouendan 1, and I've 'S' JJF!, Countdown, Without a Fight, and Sekai wa whatever in Ouendan 1.

My brother S-ranked every song on Elite Beat Agents before selling it out of boredom. I'm gonna download a rom of that to my laptop though.

Endless Mike

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:23 pm UTC

I scored 50,000 points in Ninja Gaiden then went on to win Video Armageddon!

Decker

Postby Decker » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 pm UTC

At one point during a match of Starcraft, I had 24 Battlecruisers...it's impressive to ME!

As for something that's not very impressive, but a cool story, Devil May Cry is full of moments like that.

I was having a hard time with the first boss (The big lava spider) on Medium difficulty at one point. I managed to stay in it to the point where we both had a sliver of health left. Then he jumped away and started charging up a fireball.

I started running towards him, but wasn't going nearly fast enough. I activated my demon power for a burst of speed! I was about three steps away when I knew I was out of time and I swung the sword. There was an explosion and...he died!

I still say to this day that I swatted the fireball right back down his throat. I knew you were supposed to do that later in the game to solve a puzzle, but I didn't know you could do it with Phantom's fireballs too. It was awesome.

Devil May Cry makes me feel great awesome every time I play it. I think during the same game when I was fighting Deathscythe, he threw me up in the air with his whirlwind and tried to fly up and slam me into the ground. I was faster though and turned around and sliced his face in half.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Return to “Gaming”