Halo (PC) multiplayer

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Paranoid__Android
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:54 pm UTC
Location: UK

Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Paranoid__Android » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:44 pm UTC

Has anyone been on it recently?
its probably the best fun I've had In years, even though it's a really old game it still has loads of people online.

shooting someone with a rocket launcher has never been so fun
The Great Hippo wrote:Paranoid__Android,
... truly, you are a champion among champions. ...

User avatar
ApologyOfWar
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:38 am UTC
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby ApologyOfWar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:02 pm UTC

I think that not so much pplz still play at this game cause the "convertion" (sorry dont know the exact term in english) on PC was really but really crap.
Low Fps even with a good computer :/

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Babam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:04 pm UTC

ApologyOfWar wrote:I think that not so much pplz still play at this game cause the "convertion" (sorry dont know the exact term in english) on PC was really but really crap.
Low Fps even with a good computer :/

close, it'd be conversion, but you got it phonetically.

I still play from time to time, hehe I love CE even made a map or two.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Mzyxptlk
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Mzyxptlk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

I have never had problems with playing either Halo on the PC, to be honest. My 4 year old Athlon64 could handle 2 just fine.
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

Paranoid__Android
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:54 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Paranoid__Android » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:23 pm UTC

I just loved the mindless 'run-n-gun' tactics, I end up with a massive smile all over my face after a good session.

I never really got into CE, is it worth it?
The Great Hippo wrote:Paranoid__Android,
... truly, you are a champion among champions. ...

User avatar
Pizzashark
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am UTC
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Pizzashark » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:20 am UTC

I played it for a little while. It was fun, but I don't see how it won so many awards... it really wasn't anything special even then, and it definitely isn't now. I'd much rather play some UT, or even Quake.
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

User avatar
LuNatic
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 am UTC
Location: The land of Aus

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby LuNatic » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 am UTC

I played for a short while. It was quite fun, but I found the mouse to be jumpy at reasonable sensitivity settings.
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

User avatar
Asmodieus
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm UTC
Location: Ardis
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Asmodieus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 pm UTC

Paranoid__Android wrote:I just loved the mindless 'run-n-gun' tactics, I end up with a massive smile all over my face after a good session.

I never really got into CE, is it worth it?

Yes, It is. There are a lot of single player maps you can play and new weapons.

The problem is that although there are a multitude of maps that seem fun.


No one ever plays them
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

Paranoid__Android
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:54 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Paranoid__Android » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 pm UTC

Hmm, I might try this out then.

*downloading*
The Great Hippo wrote:Paranoid__Android,
... truly, you are a champion among champions. ...

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 pm UTC

If you can, you should also try the Halo 2 version; its faster, better graphics, but fewer maps and very few user generated maps.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Babam » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:32 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:If you can, you should also try the Halo 2 version; its faster, better graphics, but fewer maps and very few user generated maps.

Halo 2 PC sucks for multiple reasons
1.Vista
2.BS silver and gold stuff
3. New "real" user generated content
4. Have to use hacks to actually make "new" content.

Code: Select all

                                                      Halo CE  Halo 2 vista
Unrestricted online play                          X
Unlimited access to tools                        X
Ability to make Single player maps            X
Requires a Crappy OS                                            X
Requires payment for full online play                         X

And thats just a few things.

HaloCE>Barbie Horse Adventures>Halo 2 Vista.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 pm UTC

Well, you can make your own maps; it comes with a map-maker (though you'll have to work out how to use it yourself), and though I'll agree its not so good for online play, its brilliant for lan playing.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Babam » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Well, you can make your own maps; it comes with a map-maker (though you'll have to work out how to use it yourself), and though I'll agree its not so good for online play, its brilliant for lan playing.

Trust me I know, I used to make maps for Halo CE and you would not believe the wide spread disgust when we found out that is *all* we could do. Only maps, no new custom vehicles, weapons or player models. Luckily the almighty Kornman has released a hacked tool kit but the maps end up being very unstable and not fun. Halo CE will remain king untill A) they *unlock* the H2V map edit tools, or B) Halo 3 PC comes out and has *unlocked* tools.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

User avatar
Hobgoblin
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am UTC
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 am UTC

I used to play Halo PC. I was trash at it, started playing counter strike: source, came back to Halo for a few days, and DECIMATED everyone.

Every life of mine was a killing spree for a whole game once.
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.

Texas_Ben
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 am UTC
Location: Not in Texas

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Texas_Ben » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 am UTC

Yeah this game used to be a blast... I played it all the time online until a few years back when my PC exploded and I was stuck on a terrible terrible machine (Terrible as in struggles with Half-Life 1).

Recently I purchased a new machine and, in a fit of nostalgia, fired up the Halo PC. Now, my current PC can run Bioshock, Crysis, the works (not at insane resolutions on crazy settings, but at reasonable resolutions & high settings). However, Halo: PC is extremely jumpy and runs very poorly. I am justifiably miffed.

Anyways, yes, brilliant times all around. Though oddly enough I do better at Halo PC when I use a gamepad... it is the only shooter on the PC I'll use a gamepad for, but for some reason if I use a mouse for Halo PC I do terrible.
Must be because of all the time I spent playing the original Xbox version in high school.

User avatar
Amnesiasoft
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 am UTC
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:49 am UTC

Babamthegrunt wrote:1.Vista
2.BS silver and gold stuff

1. There is an XP patch out there. It's not really an issue. There's also the fact Vista is a lot better than XP.
2. Please go check your facts before spouting off this tired nonsense. Games for Windows Live has been free for a considerable amount of time at this point.

as for 3 and 4, I couldn't say, I've not actually played Halo 2.

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Babam » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:51 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:
Babamthegrunt wrote:1.Vista
2.BS silver and gold stuff

1. There is an XP patch out there. It's not really an issue. There's also the fact Vista is a lot better than XP.
2. Please go check your facts before spouting off this tired nonsense. Games for Windows Live has been free for a considerable amount of time at this point.

as for 3 and 4, I couldn't say, I've not actually played Halo 2.

As for 2: I double checked and I was wrong, thank you for correcting me.
By "new" content I meant things such as weapons/vehicles/player models etc etc..
You can only create new map geometry, and if you want to create "new" content you have to use a hacked toolkit that is very unstable.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Mzyxptlk
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Mzyxptlk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:06 pm UTC

Babamthegrunt wrote:By "new" content I meant things such as weapons/vehicles/player models etc etc..
You can only create new map geometry, and if you want to create "new" content you have to use a hacked toolkit that is very unstable.

That's not really relevant for the vast majority of players though. Based on your posts, I assume you're a modder, so it sucks for you, but I and many people with me don't care about that sort of thing.

Amnesiasoft wrote:1. There is an XP patch out there. It's not really an issue.

Does that work with online play though?
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

User avatar
Amnesiasoft
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 am UTC
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

As I said, I've never played Halo 2, so I can't really comment on that either. I'm sure a bit of google-fu can answer that question, but it really doesn't help me, so I'm not too inclined to find it.

(Oh, and sorry for coming off as a little angry on part 2 Babam, it just keeps getting on my nerves how many times people keep repeating the same things about why GfWL is bad, when they've been corrected for quite some time.)

User avatar
krynd
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 am UTC
Location: Basement Bedroom

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby krynd » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 am UTC

I play this game nearly every day I'm off work. For some reason, it's just insanely fun for me. I'm not really into the new FPS games for some reason, which works out well for me and my aging computer (it's an old P4). I've even recently purchased an xbox controller to play this game with, as it just seems to "feel more natural" with it (perhaps because the game itself was designed for a console?).

I've yet to play Custom Edition yet, mainly because I've yet to grow bored of the standard maps (which have their flaws -- namely that the maps seem to be designed purely for deathmatch, with CTF and other types thrown in as an afterthought). Also, the only problems I've had with the game are some shader problems (which I ignore), and my system crashing when I use my controller (the problem is with the controller's driver, as it'll crash my system any time I use it for a good while). Anyone know anything about that (it's a Microsoft XBox 360 wireless controller for Windows)?
Dangermouse wrote:I hope this doesn't mirror too much of what you've read--and btw, you should read less and do more. No one takes good pictures or runs a marathon sitting on their couch surfing the internet.


WCG xkcd team

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 am UTC

krynd wrote:it's a Microsoft XBox 360 wireless controller for Windows
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Amnesiasoft
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 am UTC
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Amnesiasoft » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 am UTC

You realize that's not particularly helpful, right?

I'm going to assume you have the drivers from Microsoft installed since the wireless doesn't work without that. But do you have the latest ones, or did you just use the ones off the CD that came with the wireless adapter? If that doesn't work, I guess you can try ACU's suggestion, and use the XBCD driver I think it is.

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 am UTC

What I meant was that as its microsoft, there is inevitably going to be come bugs, no matter what you do; "failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your microsoft package".
So in all I was really making a relevant quip at microsoft.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Amnesiasoft
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 am UTC
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Amnesiasoft » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am UTC

Yes. I know that's what you were doing. Bashing Microsoft is neither clever nor funny. No company is perfect, Microsoft just gets the most flak because they're the largest.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:What I meant was that as its microsoft, there is inevitably going to be come bugs, no matter what you do; "failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your microsoft package".
So in all I was really making a relevant quip at microsoft.

...I've had nothing but good luck with Microsoft's hardware. And if you say anything bad about the Sidewinder, I'll personally stab you in the throat with a wooden spork.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
krynd
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 am UTC
Location: Basement Bedroom

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby krynd » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:What I meant was that as its microsoft, there is inevitably going to be come bugs, no matter what you do; "failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your microsoft package".
So in all I was really making a relevant quip at microsoft.

...I've had nothing but good luck with Microsoft's hardware. And if you say anything bad about the Sidewinder, I'll personally stab you in the throat with a wooden spork.

I second that emotion!

Seriously, I haven't had any more problems with MS hardware than I do with other brands. In fact, my MS hardware tends to be more resiliant than other brands of hardware (once broke a Logitech wireless mouse by dropping it a few inches, whereas I have yet to break my MS wireless mouse, despite heavy abuse such as carrying it in a "school sack" and dropping it a few feet onto a concrete surface).

Also, xbcd drivers won't work with wireless controllers, AFAIK.

I currently have the latest version of the Microsoft driver (v1.1). Not surprisingly, it seems that MS has discontinued support (and even manufacturing) the Xbox for Windows controller. Of course, the controller is virtually the same as for the xbox, only with a driver CD; so this isn't a big problem. A little soldering never hurt anyone :P.

Last night I played for several hours without a problem. Hopefully that trend will continue.
Dangermouse wrote:I hope this doesn't mirror too much of what you've read--and btw, you should read less and do more. No one takes good pictures or runs a marathon sitting on their couch surfing the internet.


WCG xkcd team

User avatar
Amnesiasoft
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 am UTC
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Amnesiasoft » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 am UTC

krynd wrote:Also, xbcd drivers won't work with wireless controllers, AFAIK.

You make a very good point there.

I'm pretty sure they still have support for it, it is still listed on their website with an MSRP.

User avatar
Mysidic
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Mysidic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:52 am UTC

Mostly I play because it's the only game my friend will play apart from Civilization III and Star Wars games. For whatever reason, he really loves the master chief.

Still, give me doom and quake II any day.
""Thou shalt not lie": in other words, beware, my dear philosopher, of telling the truth." ~Nietzche

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 am UTC

Oh the good ole days of killing sprees with a pistol and being called a hacker because I'd mastered the simple art of leading the target and not walking in a straight line.

flare
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby flare » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:27 am UTC

if you crazy kids are into the competitive type check out the KNFr and #temp servers (KNFr primarily).

also, you may add me on xfire (the gamers AIM), @ flare8.

Don't pass up an opportunity to game with One Of The Best.

User avatar
Pizzashark
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am UTC
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Pizzashark » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am UTC

Google is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

(The best Halo player is still worse than the worst UT player, by the way.)
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

bigstrat2003
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:18 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby bigstrat2003 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm UTC

As a mediocre UT player (but far from the worst) who is still worse than excellent Halo players, I am a living counterexample to your statement.

I also can't tell if you're engaging in good-natured ribbing, or are being serious, though. :/

User avatar
Pizzashark
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am UTC
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Pizzashark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 am UTC

A little of both, mostly because I consider all other shooters inferior to UT(2k4) :P
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

flare
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby flare » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:36 am UTC

Every gamer thinks their game is the best game.

Prove Halo's inferiority with facts, if you are confident enough to stand behind those words.

User avatar
Pizzashark
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am UTC
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Pizzashark » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 am UTC

Oh, wow. That's cute. Stand behind my facts, huh? Well, I'm sure I could kick your ass in UT, just like you'd probably kick my ass in Halo. But what does that prove?

About the only "facts" here at that the UT engines have always been more powerful and versatile than the Halo engines, but that doesn't have all that much to do with actual gameplay.
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

flare
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 am UTC

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby flare » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 am UTC

I'm sorry you interpreted my statement as a personal challenge, i was more interested if you had any facts or reasoned opinion to merit the statement 'UT's gameplay is better than halo's for a competitive environment'.

i'd be interested to hear!

User avatar
Pizzashark
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am UTC
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Pizzashark » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am UTC

Mostly that it's been around longer, is nearly perfectly balanced (there's some lame crap you can pull, but it's not unbalanced), and there is no "best weapon" like there was with the pistol in Halo (where if you could aim for shit, the pistol was the best damn weapon due to headshots.) I haven't played Halo 2 or Halo 3, so maybe that changed a little.

UT also has a lot more varied gamemodes, many of which allow much deeper teamplay than Halo's takes on Team Deathmatch and CTF. Bombing Run requires a very cohesive team and a lot of mobility from every player on the team, particularly if you disable translocators (and I highly recommend you do for most maps.) Pity that Bombing Run isn't as popular as CTF or TDM.
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Babam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:34 am UTC

Halo 1: Pistol was OP
Halo 2: Sword was introduced, was broken for MP, tracking on rockets was kind of OP.
Halo 3: Sword was fixed, along with rockets. Only imbalance is... um... Halo 3 is pretty well balanced.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 pm UTC

I really didn't mind the pistol being overpowered. It was a nice weapon and let you get into the game without having to run to wherever the "choice" gun was at.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Halo (PC) multiplayer

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm UTC

Ideally, every weapon would be equally effective. A rocket launcher's power is negated by it's rate of fire, same as a sniper rifle. A machine gun's rapid fire is negated by it's low damage per hit. A super accurate pistol with a decent rate of fire needs to have low damage to not be the preferred weapon.

Generally speaking, if a weapon can one-shot a person (ie - a Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Giant Nuke), it should either be innacurate, slow fire rate, or a slow projectile.

Rocket Launchers usually have a slow projectile relative to a sniper rifle. A sniper rifle usually has a slow fire rate. Etc al blah blah blah...
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests