WoWzers!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Re: WoWzers!

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 pm UTC

I can't believe this relatively minor 3.3.5 patch is getting a six hour extended maintenance top-up on top of a 12-hour initial server downtime. Absolutely ridiculous.

FoS

Postby FoS » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 pm UTC

It's a small patch but not a minor one.
Remember they're adding Real_ID which is probably quite a large code change internally.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 pm UTC

Hey, our server was down for that long last week as well. Also, my server was down for a 24-hour maintenance yesterday. On (what is really) an unrelated note, I think I'm cancelling til Cata. Save a bit of money, and focus on my backlog. My guild isn't going anywhere now.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

So I heard Ruby Sanctum landed, looks like it will be fun.

Some nice new boss tactics I see.

Chen

Postby Chen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

Heard Ruby Sanctum is getting cleared super fast on normal mode. Apparently you can also start right away on hard mode so I suspect we'll do that tonight. I'm ridiculously bored with this game though. Heroic Lich King is still stupid and I'm kinda doubting the Ruby Sanctum is going to add much more to the game. I think it'll be even worse once we kill both Heroic Ruby Sanctum and Heroic Lich King which would leave nothing at all until Cataclysm (which I imagine is still a good ways off).

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:40 pm UTC

Chen wrote:Heard Ruby Sanctum is getting cleared super fast on normal mode. Apparently you can also start right away on hard mode so I suspect we'll do that tonight. I'm ridiculously bored with this game though. Heroic Lich King is still stupid and I'm kinda doubting the Ruby Sanctum is going to add much more to the game. I think it'll be even worse once we kill both Heroic Ruby Sanctum and Heroic Lich King which would leave nothing at all until Cataclysm (which I imagine is still a good ways off).

If someone that was around for the "End of BC" could say... what was that transition like? I mean, gear isn't too important, honor farming, eh well. Arena, don't care. Never enough people for progress on heroics. Seems like there's a lot of lack in reasons to play. Except for going to Stormwind and locking out the AH/bankers. That never gets old.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm UTC

That's what happens when the game is chained to a concept of progression as entertainment. Once there's no gear grind, most folks feel lost as that's what the game's trained them to strive for. The gameplay itself should be designed to be rewarding in itself instead of being a medium to seeking the actual satisfaction, which is gear grind and deriving from it a need for statistical advantage over others.

BC was just as boring, if not worse, during the months prior to wotlk beta. I personally kill my time with organized BG's-- they're lots of fun if you like PvP for the sake of it instead of it being yet another source for gear tiers.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

meatyochre

Postby meatyochre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:39 pm UTC

I personally have already cleared out my bank of sellable things. Primals, frozen orbs, herbs, and frostweave (among other things) are likely to significantly decrease in price the closer we get to Cat and the more people try to offload their bank inventories (their value will creep back up over time, but why wait and waste all that space on a gamble?). If you're not going to buy any gear with the frost marks you have, buy primordial saronite and offload it ASAP. Sell any epics you happened to find. Get rid of your chanting mats. etc

I have 6 80s and I'm just gathering leveling gear for all of them between now and Cat. Since 4 of my 80s are specced to heal, I'm healing in daily dungeon queues and using the marks to buy dps gearsets.

Question: I haven't logged in in a couple days due to being sickly and sleeping a lot. Is it true that the new gnomer instance and troll instances are out now? Or will that be in a later content patch before Cat?
Dark567 wrote:"Hey, I created a perpetual motion device"

"yeah, but your poster sucks. F-"

Kag

Postby Kag » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 am UTC

Lucrece wrote:The gameplay itself should be designed to be rewarding in itself instead of being a medium to seeking the actual satisfaction, which is gear grind and deriving from it a need for statistical advantage over others.

Are you seriously suggesting that the gameplay isn't designed to be fun?
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

meatyochre

Postby meatyochre » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:00 am UTC

Kag wrote:
Lucrece wrote:The gameplay itself should be designed to be rewarding in itself instead of being a medium to seeking the actual satisfaction, which is gear grind and deriving from it a need for statistical advantage over others.

Maybe it was designed to be fun, but it sure doesn't end up that way. WoW is much too grindy and hierarchical.

(Yes, I play the game. I still bitch about the grindy aspects.)

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 am UTC

Kag wrote:

It ideally would be, but the execution is pretty questionable when you have to keep introducing gear as incentive for players to continue to participate in an aspect of the game. Feels less like a bonus and more like, "oh, I spent hours shouting at raidmates who fucked up while wiping to heroic LK for weeks and months, so I should get something for it". If the encounter itself is not worth the effort alone, then it's time to go back to the drawing board.

WoW may not be a korean grindfest, but I agree with the above evaluation that the gear grind model is way outdated.

P.S. No, gnomeran and echo isles are still not available and it has not been announced when they will be, other than it being up to Blizzard's discretion.

And, damn, there they had to go and announce beta. Guess I better rush my 58 hunter to 80 asap. Druid, Hunter, Shaman, and DK to choose from as main for cata. I'd like to add a warlock to the pool, but I don't think I've got enough leveling mojo left in me when I'm done with my hunter.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

FoS

Postby FoS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am UTC

If you think WoW is grindey, play Aion.

It's only when you're doing stuff like Insane in the Membrane that it become anywhere near bad grindey.

Took a peek at RS last night. I quite enjoyed seeing trash that hits hard again.

The fight itself seems pretty simple but the best we managed was hitting Phase 3 a couple of times.
In my defense I logged in and got an invite from a guildy who put together a team the some of the guilds biggest scrubs.

Not the brightest moment but I was just keen to take a look.

NDA on Beta has been removed so there is a plethora of new info out.

The Druid and Priest Talents make me a super happy camper.
Some interesting new Feral and Shadow mechanics which I'm looking forward to testing out.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 pm UTC

Yeah... if you sat me down with only WoW's gameplay mechanic, I'm going to rip the game a new one for being terrible (imo). The reason I continue to play is the people. If I'm not playing the game with friends, I don't care anymore. The gear grind just gives us a 'goal' to reach, which is good since all my gaming is very goal-oriented.

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

Pre-BC I wasn't bored with the game because my guild was just able to kill KJ a few weeks before the expansion. This time around we have heroic Lich King and heroic Ruby Sanctum left and I'd imagine at least a couple months before Cataclysm. From what I saw in Ruby Sanctum last night, I suspect we'll kill it on heroic either this week (depending on people's holiday schedules) or next. Its nowhere near as technically difficult or unforgiving as heroic Lich King. Do elementals spawn from the meteors on normal mode? And if so is it both types? Otherwise I think the only difference is the damage and the fact there are 4 orbs in the shadow realm. Not too big a deal.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm UTC

To be honest, I can't really envision myself playing very extensively after training a few 80's. Battlegrounds seem fun, but that's about it.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:40 pm UTC

Yet again my draenei shaman alt has managed to inadvertently peeve off my dwarf hunter main through the benevolence of the loot gods.
Logged on my shaman first to do the spree of Ahune and Random Heroic Daily, and suddenly in the Frost Lord loot pouch I snagged this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=54806 - Ahune's Frostscythe. Kinda contemplating using it, since the alternate weaponry options are at 232 level as well, but damn I'm not liking how often the special shinies drop for that alt, an alt I'm mostly abandoning now as lugging around gearsets for enh/ele/resto and loading the bank with countless other lootses, is leaving bagspace quite an inefficient minefield.
Previously he managed to snag the Blue Drake from Sock-u-loot random daily heroic, very shortly after he dinged 80 and similarly soon after the new incentive was put in place, and probably on one of that shaman's initial runs of the place. To further smite me, a while later I got a second blue drake item.
Hunter on the other hand seems to only get sent to CoT Strath heroic for the daily [Malganis heroic kills is starting to clock towards 40 and miles ahead of the rest], let alone Oculus for even a chance at a +1 to the mounts collection.
Although, such collection is rather moot since I finished off Violet Proto Drake meta-achievement and purchased the scalable sparkle pony.

Oh well, I guess I'll need to find a way for my shaman to burst into song with the harmonic "Come on baby, don't fear the reaper"

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm UTC

Dual spec!
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 am UTC

FoS wrote:If you think WoW is grindey, play Aion.

It's only when you're doing stuff like Insane in the Membrane that it become anywhere near bad grindey.

Took a peek at RS last night. I quite enjoyed seeing trash that hits hard again.

The fight itself seems pretty simple but the best we managed was hitting Phase 3 a couple of times.
In my defense I logged in and got an invite from a guildy who put together a team the some of the guilds biggest scrubs.

Not the brightest moment but I was just keen to take a look.

NDA on Beta has been removed so there is a plethora of new info out.

The Druid and Priest Talents make me a super happy camper.
Some interesting new Feral and Shadow mechanics which I'm looking forward to testing out.

I've played WAR, FFXI, Lineage (Aion Heavy Duty, basically), Aion, Everquest. I know what grind is. Just because WoW's grind is minuscule by comparison does not remove its grindy nature; it just makes it a long-lasting, heavily successful enterprise as opposed to the miserable failure that the others (most) have been because it's the best choice out there for fantasy MMO's. AoC, don't even want to speak about it.

But, yeah, if there's something I want to see gone because it's an outdated, unnecessary grievance, it's leveling and grinding.

As for RS, the trash itself seems to be even more threatening than Halion. Cakewalk, really.

I'm most impressed with the warlock changes and new abilities out of all classes.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:To be honest, I can't really envision myself playing very extensively after training a few 80's. Battlegrounds seem fun, but that's about it.

They are fun if you enjoy getting facerolled.

People are stuck in the 80 bracket forever and are ridiculously overgeared compared to you. You will explode if they so much as look at you in a mean fashion.
And don't get me started about pvp weapons...

Also, I was playing warlock, and it was kinda interesting: no matter how far from the action I went, a rogue was there to gank me.

meatyochre

Postby meatyochre » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:48 am UTC

hehe, it's my experience after playing a variety of armor classes in battlegrounds that rogues intentionally seek out the warlocks. Usually they don't mess with a mage, unless it isn't frost. But warlocks are open season. They don't mess with me as a pally, my pally hardly ever gets opened on. But yeah locks... ouch.

I really need to level my rogue! They're pretty ridiculous versus low-armor.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:07 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Also, I was playing warlock, and it was kinda interesting: no matter how far from the action I went, a rogue was there to gank me.

I don't know how they do that. I was in AB, riding from Farm to Stables, and dismounted not long after BS because I saw people in the distance and wanted to get shadowfury ready. I guess I'd have more luck if I rolled with a succubus instead of a felhunter--of course, then I'd be here complaining about healers that I can't get an interrupt on.

In other news, yesterday I was in a group when someone commented that my DPS was pretty bad for my GS. Someone else said "no gems or chants, that's why." And I realized they were right--I was finally getting some gear that would last at least a little (Conqueror's) while, so yesterday I bought two enchants and like seven +19 sp gems. Now I am a lot better.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Veora

Postby Veora » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Also, I was playing warlock, and it was kinda interesting: no matter how far from the action I went, a rogue was there to gank me.

Hai! i play a rogue, further you go more likely we are you jump you, stand next to a blade-storming warrior or something! :p
<Witty and funny signature here>

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

Undergeared warlocks are squishy. Rogues are a blow all cd's to get a kill type of class, so they work very well in brackets where their targets will be cut down pretty fast. If you survive the rogue cooldowns, the rogue is dead.

Get your warlock beyond 1.1k resilience (in relentless you can easily sit at 1200+) and an affliction lock will destroy a rogue so bad. Run with a voidwalker, as melee love sitting on warlocks since unlike a mage the warlock doesn't have many escape tools. Use your voidwalkers stealth detection booster often while traveling alone.

Shadowpriests and Affliction locks turn out to be one of the best 1v1 classes after you get some resilience, just behind Deathknights (best 1v1 class) and frost mages.

meatyochre

Postby meatyochre » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

I feel like paladins are a better 1v1 class. ret, anyway. Up to interpretation of course. But my pally has pretty pathetic gear and can still go toe-to-toe with people who outgear her significantly.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 pm UTC

At the 1k resilience level a ret paladin can't do crap to most classes except warrior and rogue, and even then after 1k resilience the rogue can simply kite the pally around. Paladins are easily kitable if you know what you're doing, and healing classes can simply heal through the damage easily.

Paladins are beastly in blues and pve gear vs. pve gear. Just like rogues, when their burst stops 3-shotting people, your shield and lay on hands will simply not cover the job against smart classes with short cooldown recyclable defenses, particularly a good hunter.

Prot/ret can be pretty nasty if you play smart but kiting classes will still screw you over, and warlocks/shadowpriests will make short work of you due to lack of strong interrupt options.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Babam on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Chen

Postby Chen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 pm UTC

Had a pretty weak raid composition yesterday (due to the July 4th holiday) but still managed to kill everything but Sindragosa on hard mode. I was skeptical about making the Festergut enrage at first but we did it with 21 people in the raid and easily made the time. That buff really makes a difference. Hopefully we'll put more attempts on Halion tonight. Finally managed to get through phase 2 on a fairly consistent basis now its just a matter of dealing with the adds in phase 3 along with making sure we don't drop void zone things onto people in the other realm. I kinda doubt we'll kill it this week due to time but next week we should manage. I think its probably somewhere along the lines of Heroic Putricide/Sindragosa in terms of difficulty. It really does showcase how ridiculously overtuned heroic Lich King is though.

10 man Halion on hard mode really makes me skeptical of the whole "making fights the same in 10 and 25" that they want to do in Cataclysm. From what I've heard there are no adds at all the spawn on 10 man hard mode Halion which makes it a COMPLETELY different fight (and far easier, obviously). You'd think they'd have tried this last instance as a way of making an interesting fight that was the same for 10 or 25 man modes.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 pm UTC

Halion's just filler content. They did as little as they had to (recycled models) in order to put out something for the playerbase to tinker with while waiting for cata.

Heck, even most of the cataclysm big changes and their implementations are rather far away, and only a few previews have trickled into the current beta build.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 am UTC

Lucrece wrote:Halion's just filler content. They did as little as they had to (recycled models) in order to put out something for the playerbase to tinker with while waiting for cata.

Heck, even most of the cataclysm big changes and their implementations are rather far away, and only a few previews have trickled into the current beta build.

Halion himself is a new model isn't it? If not what dragon looks like him? But yeah in general I do agree its mostly filler content. Still something like reducing the number adds on the 10 man version or making it so one tank could tank the big and little adds would have been reasonable. Making none at all spawn is just stupid.

Vyn

Postby Vyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 pm UTC

Mmm, just got into the beta myself. So far it's quite entertaining. The Azeroth changes are extremely blatant and noticeable, if unfinished. And even though I'm slightly bias, the goblin starting zone blows the worgen one out of the water... hell, the DK one too. I mean, you
Spoiler:
Get to set off a volcano by playing a game of "Footbomb," american football in goblin shredders with explosive balls. Then you set off another volcano on the island you run away to when your first islan blows up by killing a turtle god inside the volcano with a foot mounted rocket launcher. Then you save Thrall from the Alliance. The Worgen one? You fight off a werewolf incursion into Gilneas, and a Banshee. Yay.

Still waiting for the female worgen to be playable. The models in the game, you can see them fighting in Silverpine (the Forsaken have REALLY done a number to those woods), but you can't create one yet.
I'm sad because most of the warlock changes aren't in yet. What is in is pretty fun though. And blood DK tanks... holy fucking hell are they OP. The amount of self healing they do is ridiculous because of how much health they have, and all that self healing gives them absorbtion shields equal to the heal, and it increases with mastery... It's oddly balanced for PvE because of the lack of being able to block, but it's going to be ridiculously OP for PvP, and I can't wait for it lol.
I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity, flourish.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

The Azeroth changes are extremely blatant and noticeable, if unfinished.

Well, uh, didn't the world sort of blow up? Surely that's to be expected.

Well. You heard him.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:36 pm UTC

I think the changes are quite subtle, you just need to check the barrens.

You won't notice a thing. :twisted:

I wonder though, will barrens chat stay the same, or will we get a new barren channel and a new wife to find.

Anyone seen Flankrik's wife?

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 pm UTC

Last time I heard it's either a) Mankirk got the jist about where his wife's corpse is, went over there, paid his respects and buried her, b) he dies in the Cataclysm, c) where her corpse was is strategically placed where the magma rift splitting the region erupts. Resulting in Mankirk going away for good, and the quest with him. Since they're taking it out as part of the grand drive for a rejuvenated lowbie questing levelling experience, deleting the quest that can only be done through QuestHelper or something other third-party, with vague instructions simply leading to "A Beaten Corpse", is trivial, as is ensuring a spiritual successor never comes about.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm UTC

TVTropes claimed that he buried her. I want a new, level 85 questline, where Mankirk has taken eighty levels in badass and you guys duo up to go rescue his wife's body from magma dragons or something.

Well. You heard him.

Vyn

Postby Vyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:
The Azeroth changes are extremely blatant and noticeable, if unfinished.

Well, uh, didn't the world sort of blow up? Surely that's to be expected.

Well, sort of. There was quite a few naysayers saying they'd just change a few things here or there to make it look new and no, they really put quite a bit of effort into most of it. The Forsaken especially have really done a number on their settlements. Most all of them are now somewhat similar to how Vengeance Landing looked.

Oh, and Southshore got nuked into the dirt by some kind of Forsaken ooze bomb. It's a very pretty sight now. Well, if you're Horde. Azhara is incredibly different, as is 1K Needles and Desolace. And the questline in Azshara with Kalecgos and Azuregos is awesome btw.
I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity, flourish.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

Well, the worgen area is still under initial development.

Even then, I wouldn't get upset if the goblin starting area outdid the worgen one. In my opinion, while the blood elf starting area ended with one better quest reward (blue item), the draenei area was more varied thematically had had more fun quest mechanics.

Nevertheless, people will get out of starting areas really quick, just a minor blip in a toon's history. I can understand why they'd try to nudge goblins ahead a bit since goblins won't have the perk of double customizable aesthetics. Worgen players get the benefit of a cool transformation mechanic, and they get 2 avatars to switch from (human and worgen will both be customizable).

I will admit that the video in mmo-champ showing the goblin starting area is just gorgeous and engaging. But so can the worgen area.

Additionally, worgen players get to interact with and observe the storyline with Sylvanas Windrunner, namely one of the most prominent figures (and interesting imo) in the Warcraft universe. Worgen will get a glimpse at horde politics that goblins will not, as goblins will be introduced to some fairly new and detached narrative from the Warcraft canon.

Dark Lady watch over you!

P.S. I'm so excited for the upcoming instances. I absolutely detested northrend and found the vrykul a completely half-assed introduction to the Warcraft universe. The Nerubians sadly were not explored so much, so I hope they will revisit the Nerubian kingdom.

I also hope the Qiraji will make a comeback, I miss Silithus and the Qiraji storyline!

Vyn

Postby Vyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm UTC

Well, with the refocus on Deathwing and the introduction of Uldum, hopefully there's going to be more focus on the old gods and possibly Qiraji. And you're right about the nerubians getting massively shafted in Northrend. The Vrykrul were meh, but the Nerubians already had a neat backstory of a full underground civilization complete with magic, tech, architecture and everything else. They get two 5 man instances. What. Blizzard could have very easily created 2 full zones for them with total questlines and a real focus on the backstory and how they were slaughtered by the Ner'zhul because of Anub'Araks treachery against the Queen. The non-undead Nerubians didn't even get their own faction :(

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:37 pm UTC

Vyn wrote:Well, with the refocus on Deathwing and the introduction of Uldum, hopefully there's going to be more focus on the old gods and possibly Qiraji. And you're right about the nerubians getting massively shafted in Northrend. The Vrykrul were meh, but the Nerubians already had a neat backstory of a full underground civilization complete with magic, tech, architecture and everything else. They get two 5 man instances. What. Blizzard could have very easily created 2 full zones for them with total questlines and a real focus on the backstory and how they were slaughtered by the Ner'zhul because of Anub'Araks treachery against the Queen. The non-undead Nerubians didn't even get their own faction :(

They got a wing of Naxx and a giant cockblock in ToGC as well, but yeah, the story could have definitely been done better.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Vyn

Postby Vyn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:03 pm UTC

mike-l wrote:
Vyn wrote:Well, with the refocus on Deathwing and the introduction of Uldum, hopefully there's going to be more focus on the old gods and possibly Qiraji. And you're right about the nerubians getting massively shafted in Northrend. The Vrykrul were meh, but the Nerubians already had a neat backstory of a full underground civilization complete with magic, tech, architecture and everything else. They get two 5 man instances. What. Blizzard could have very easily created 2 full zones for them with total questlines and a real focus on the backstory and how they were slaughtered by the Ner'zhul because of Anub'Araks treachery against the Queen. The non-undead Nerubians didn't even get their own faction :(

They got a wing of Naxx and a giant cockblock in ToGC as well, but yeah, the story could have definitely been done better.

Except those were still only the undead Nerubians. Yet the living ones are very obviously still alive and fighting, you just never see more than the three in front of Azjol'Nerub. Hell, the one standing there talks about the war they're waging against both Arthas' forces and the forces of the faceless ones in the deeper parts of the Nerubian kingdom. Apparently they're sandwiched in the middle according to Killek (think that was his name, know it started with a K anyway), and ask you for help for the two instances you can do.
But man, a decent questline where you help the nerubians fight to control a small place like Ahn'Kahet and then it becomes a quest hub (phased of course) in the same fashion that the Shadow vault does for the Knights of the Ebon Blade would be simply awesome.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 am UTC

Killix the Unraveler.

Not to mention tha by virtue of being the split faction from the Qiraji, they're simply endless and unlikely to fall en masse to undeath. Those bugs are as adept at multiplying as the scourge.

It's the two-fron war that had them burrowing out of their kingdom. And if their kingdomn is supposedly even larger than the Qiraji (Qiraji being kinda gathered up and locked up by the Dragons), two 5-man instances simply don't cut it.

The developers did express regret at not exploring the kingdom as much. Hopefully we'll see them rebounding at some point, as the Qiraji and Nerubian storylines are among one of the most fleshed out by the writers.

With that said, I can't wait till Malfurion, Tyrande, and Ysera get a model revamp. I'd like to see a compelling leader for the Blood Elves as well. Lady Liadrin pretty much snuck back into the shadows after BC (granted the auren leaders and Vol'Jin were too pretty much ignored), and Loth'Remar in Silvermoon just doesn't look like much of a leader, storyline wise or model-wise.

Oh, and the talent system overhaul. I'm thrilled to see where they take it, pruning out passive crap is always good. And feral/balance druids will no longer be held back by resto spec as resto druids will no longer be able to dig in to key balance/feral talents.

Return to “Gaming”