So, my impressions on new demonology.
1) The AOE damage is fucking insane
. On the last batch of the heroic HOR chase, I did 65% of the group's dps, and that was without the infernal, and the others were better geared.
Meta means crazily increased damage, and immolation aura, ticking very hard in a short AOE around the warlock. Shadowflame hits rather hard, and if glyphed means you can grind extremely large amounts of mobs. Hellfire while moving is sweet and hurts like a truck. And above all, the felguard can now spin like a ballerina. While he looks very very ridiculous, he hits once per second in an aoe around him for HEAVY damage. Add in hand of guldan's 10% crit and you are garanteed to slice your ennemies into mincemeat.
Demon leap is a powerful aoe stun, that allows you to quickly close the distance for hellfire and immo aura.
And the infernal, well, is the infernal.
2) Hellfire is bugged: it flags you for pvp and makes stormwind guards bark. This is kind of fun, actually.
/y This fire in my skin, is tuuurning me to sin!
3) You can't hellfire while mounted
4) In battlegrounds, you will DIE. People HATE you, you WILL get focus fired, and you will go down very fast. All the damage reduction talents are gone. Yes, gone. You only have soul link and the 600% demon armor. That won't get you very far. And if demon form is on cooldown, you won't be able to do shit. Only useful instant casts are glyphed shadowflame and death coil. This means you will get kicked into oblivion by swarms of delighted rogues. Even if you do manage to retake the initiative with axe toss, they can just CloS, berserker rage, etc and then you are doomed, friend. The best you can do is try to stick a curse of doom on that lone rogue that just ganked you, as a parting "screw you". He will be forced out of stealth every 15 seconds by pretty high damage, and there is a good chance an imp will spawn and chew his ankles. Imp does about 400 dps. But 5 hp
You DO have more hp than before but that won't be enough.
5) Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but single target is pretty meh compared to before, especially at the execution phase. Molten core doesn't apply to soul fire anymore, and that's a big downer.
6) Hotkey that soulshatter button. You deal a ton of damage in melee range. Do the math.
7) Not having to use soulshards anymore is a huge plus. Now you have no reason not to keep you healthstone up at all times.
With glyphed fear you have an useful CC; too bad all the recent content is full of undead.
9) Soul harvest is pretty useless as a heal; healers always threw me HoTs before it could take effect. Same goes with the fel armor's healing; it's only useful if you want to dick around with perma hellfire in goldshire.
10) Spamming the hellfire button sends more waves, but destroys your mana pool. This can still be useful when your felguard is in ballerina mode: when he crits, mana feed grants you mana, and he will crit. Ooooh, yes he will.
11) Fucking rogues!
12) The others demons are actually useful. Healer attacked by two mobs and tank looking at buttlerflies? Soulburn in a voidwalker, shield yourself, and spam searing pain on a mob while the VW aggroes the other one. Then funnel him from times to times. Healer is now free to keep you and the tank alive, hopefully. Imp can dispel stuff on you allies, the dog can spell lock and dispel ennemies, and the succubus sucks.
13) Felguard is very very squishy. He deals damages like crazy, but whenever he gets aggro, he dies in a few hits. Now you actually have to tank things with the tank pet. Consequently, soloing things is a lot slower.
However, health funnel seems to heal far more than before. Ennemies such as blood lord manokir or heroic TBC mobs will become even easier.
14) Soulstones have a huge CD now, and don't even seem to work. Twice a healer died with soulstone on, twice he didn't have the prompt.
15) Bane of doom is fun in pve, but trash dies too fast for it to tick, and with the amount of aoe bosses throw around, the imps won't last. BOD still deals amazingly high damage, especially in movement heavy fights.
16) I died to ick and crick for the first time ever. It was not a good idea to put rocket boots and demon circle teleport on the same macro. Don't do that.
17) When you are hellfiring and jumping around in glee, mind the +10 yards talent. It hits much farther now, and can aggro ennemies and bring a wipe should you bounce happily to a pack.
And anyone got a link for information about haste rating and immolate? I'm wondering how much haste is needed for how many ticks...