WoWzers!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Re: WoWzers!

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm UTC

Anyone else have problems with Skada fully calculating Rogue damage? Twice lastnight it showed rogues doing less damage than disc priests, which has to be wrong.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:51 am UTC

So, we got any cata plans on theeze fora?
uhhhh fuck.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm UTC

I'm still waffling on whether or not to roll a goblin right out of the gate. I hadn't planned on. For once, I was going to start an expansion with one of my max-level characters and not start up yet another alt. But Azshara left me sorely tempted. Goblins are just such delightful little sociopaths. Tenative plan: get game, play through gobbo starting area tonight, crash, wake up and then decide whether to keep going or to go back to my main.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

I'm probably taking most of the day off. I've already paid for the race change on my gnome warlock. I dunno man, it sucks, I can't wait for Healing Rain and Unleash Weapon (or whatever it's called) on my shammie, and I can't wait for Dark Evangelism on my Priest, and I want to see my angry werewolf warlock running around...

Fuck you blizzard.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm UTC

I'm buying the digital download today and paying for the race change when cata releases since I'm going from blood elf to goblin.

I'm so happy, was thinking I wouldn't have time to get tailor/ench to 435 each and get epic flying for cata, but I got tailor/ench to 440 each and farmed all the 3k gold it cost me total by doing quests, so sitting at 4.5k gold as of this morning (can probably touch a safe 5k by tonight by doing Icecrown partially).

This on a new server without any sugaar momma mains to mail gold from. And I got my epic flying carpet ;D.

The goblin race change is opportune since one of the goblin racials is getting the lowest price regardless of rep, so 4k epic flying instead of 4.5k. 1k gold as either a safety net for buying mats or saving for the 310% flying while I quest.

Cataclysm areas are flight-heavy, so doing quests at anything less than 280% flight speed is a big hamper.

Still undecided on whether doing Hyjal or Vash'jir. My toon is horde and I already did vash'jir on a horde hunter in beta and hyjal on alliance druid. Vash'jir slightly edged out Hyjal in enjoyment, though, and it seems most people are going for Hyjal so Vash'jir will be less congested.

Gonna level as demo but can't decide whether to do demo or destro for raiding. I enjoy both playstyles greatly.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm UTC

I had unused days off for work so I've booked tuesday to tuesday off to play.
Going to level my druid first, then probably my tank. Followed by my 70 mage, or maybe 80 priest.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 pm UTC

This is colored by the fact that my lock is only 65, but I switched from demo-->destro and find things move much faster. I don't imagine Metamorphosis helps general grinding much, while I wager Chaos Bolt does. My dps is down slightly (maybe 1050 from 1100, hardly outside the noise), but I feel my burst is higher. Thoughts?

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 pm UTC

I'm waiting til at least the weekend to start playing Cata. I pre-ordered the CE off Amazon back in September, and that's got a shipping destination to my house up in Newcastle, while I'm still here in Cambridge for the remainder of this week. Also, the college internet policy limits you to 5GB of bandwidth traffic per week, so download is out of the question. There's a small issue too of a hard drive replacement that got done on this laptop this term, and with it went my WoW installation patched to 4.0.1, while the backup on my external only covered to 3.something, and the installation discs too are up north. Places with wi-fi in Cambridge, I've noticed either have firewalls [faculty building], or probably would be suspicious and won't appreciate a student sitting on a sofa an entire day purchasing little and dl'ing 10 gigs of gaming installation.

Not too keen on joining the initial firestorm of Worgens & Goblins I don't think; I'll either start up taking my dwarf hunter to 85 [Hyjal definitely wins out over Vashj'ir in terms of where I want to hit first], or have some fun in Kalimdor - was a hundred or so quests off Loremaster for Kalimdor, with EK finished, before Shattering, so that's likely taken a hit.

Hopefully I won't be late for the 6th anniversary FoS, not too fussed by the luck-of-the-dice Get Roasted By Deathwing.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:46 pm UTC

I figure I'll do somewhere around a couple hours a day building my market/professions for economical gain, and then a few more leveling my druid up to 80. Play nearly non-stop through the weekend. Not sure if I'll want to take my warlock up to 85 or if I want to level a goblin hunter after I finish my main. I'm thinking 85 a week from now will be easy.
Dobblesworth wrote: Also, the college internet policy limits you to 5GB of bandwidth traffic per week, so download is out of the question.
O_O My university allowed 3GB/day for my first 2 years, then 5GB/day the next 2. About once a semester I got in trouble for going over that limit, and about once a month I had to monitor it as I was getting close. Thank god I didn't have to limit myself to that weekly.

Obby

Postby Obby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

Anyone got their box yet, if you pre-ordered online? I got mine from Amazon and selected them to ship it to me by the release date... Really hope I get it today.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:This is colored by the fact that my lock is only 65, but I switched from demo-->destro and find things move much faster. I don't imagine Metamorphosis helps general grinding much, while I wager Chaos Bolt does. My dps is down slightly (maybe 1050 from 1100, hardly outside the noise), but I feel my burst is higher. Thoughts?

Destro packs a bit more burst, but its weakness lies in that you suffer downtime to possible death if more than one mob figures into the fight. You also cannot solo elites that are immune to snares, while demo is the best soloing specs.

I'm not worried about leveling. Affliction is best if you grind mobs (fastest way to level) while questing since you can dot a bunch up and just kite in a circle and get plenty of xp, but I like questing so I'll stick to demo for leveling.

Mainly in raiding settings is what I'm considering. Destro shows a bit ahead in spreadshits but for me it's more a question of style. I love Incinerate's animation-- it's my biggest pull to destro-- but I also love Shadowbolt and Hand of Guldan, and I also like the felguard better than the visually unimpressive imp. I love Chaosbolt as our only green flame.

It's really a toss up, but I'll probably go demo. Reason being that destro plays more like an ele shaman, which I dislike; ele shaman and destro play are rotations based around on soonest usage of priority nukes like lava burst and chasobolt/conflagrate. Every second you fail to use that cooldown nuke is a significant dps loss, whereas demo is more forgiving in time windows for nuke rotation. I'm not someone who's great at twitch play and thus don't like to mash buttons-- I prefer upkeep playstyles like affliction and demo where you can more fluidly layer the stuff.

I've been getting better at destro though, so I'll see. probably going demo for leveling and raids, destro for pvp.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 pm UTC

Ah, that's an interesting point I failed to see, ele and destro are similar. Which is fun, because I love my ele shammie.
If affliction dotting is the way to go, it must be due to boosting corruption and bane of agony. I personally hate the Soul Swap mechanic, as it's effectively useless in a larger group setting. I'm certain that Seed of Corruption is fanfuckingtastic, but probably only when coupled with it's Soul Burn and really good timing.
Personally, I enjoyed the dps of demo, but found dealing with that Felguard to be a bitch. I hate feeling like a hunter, and there's something about pet management that just bores me. I don't mind having an imp sitting around as a mobile turret, but actually having the bulk of my damage output come from some big testy asshole with an axe who sounds like James Earl Jones annoys me to no end.
Also, looking at the three trees, destro has the highest useful abilities : abilities I find sucky ratio. Chaos Bolt is supposedly fantastic, and Shadowburn and Shadowfury are both pretty cool, while Bane of Havok is sort of meh. Backdraft is a great rotation synergy, which I like.
Comparatively, Demonic Empowerment seems a pretty lame panic button, Metamorphosis' cooldown is too long for me to dig on, and while Hand of Gul'dan is really great, it's primary purpose is to boost that asshole Felguard right before he starts spinning like a mad man. Molten Core is cool, especially when coupled with Cremations ease of keeping Immolate going, but not as cool or guaranteed as Backdraft.
Affliction has some stuff I like, but Soul Swap seems too underpowered to really be that fun. Haunt seems rad.

Ultimately, I like that all three specs provide pretty radically different emphases, I just have to remember to switch around as I get bored.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm UTC

Soul Swap is amazing, just have the major Glyph for it and you can cleave DoT's with it. Makes for awesome AoE damage after a Soulburn+Seed. Plus, Soul Swap's animation is sooo pretty ;D.

Chaosbolt we complained in the beta scales horribly. By 85 Incinerate was doing nearly as much damage as Chaosbolt, and with high levels of haste it was bad to cast Chaosbolt during a Backdraft. Bane of Havoc is terrible and I bitched about it to no end. Demonsoul (your lv85 powerup cooldown) for the imp sucks terribly compared to the affliction and demo versions (60% bonus crit damage for the first cast, then 40% for second, 20% for last is TERRIBLE compared to the flat 20% boost to Shadowbolt for 20 sec from the succubus or the 15% damage and 15% haste for 15 sec for demo).

Demonic Empowerment is more of a pvp cooldown, but it comes in handy when you expect a fear and don't want your pet wasting dps CC'd and walking back.

What is good about Destruction is that it's less cooldown dependent, that's for sure. You're not worrying about forgetting to use important cooldowns, which is a contrast with Elemental shamans who have to track Elemental Mastery due to Feedback talent reducing the cooldown per Lightning Bolt Cast.

Either way, the warlock is just a stupidly fun class in terms of the variety of playstyles it brings. The mage doesn't have nearly as drastic a change among specs, though frost spec was my favorite because I love proc-based reactionary rotations instead of memorized ones-- which mirrors why I prefer frost DK spec compared to Unholy.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:14 am UTC

Logging in.

Sloooooowly.

still, at least I have a group to do this with.
uhhhh fuck.

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:18 am UTC

Six hours? (based on EU launch time and achievement timestamp)
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 am UTC

Clear exploit. I was in beta and there's NO WAY you get to 85 in 6 hours, period. Not aoe grinding. The experience gain was tampered with in case of these people.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 am UTC

I'm tempted to get into WoW again just so I can level a character from 0 to 85 with Herbalism and Mining and then quit.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

Kag

Postby Kag » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 am UTC

This is pretty cool.

It continues to be impossible to make a good water level.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 pm UTC

Cynical Idealist wrote:...

Six hours? (based on EU launch time and achievement timestamp)

*flicks through to wowhead achievement*
*posters connect that character with a certain renowned figure, famous for hacking/exploiting his way up to the level cap*

Yep, it's Athene again guys. A youtube video has him asking for an entire guild to help him out, but how he's 1-up'd "running instances mindlessly in a five-man, leaving the team until the instance teleport kicks in, tagging all the mobs for exp purposes, then rejoining before the timer, rinse and repeat, get all the xp, get bored to hell with Nexus" I'd like to see. Also like to see the presumed ban.

Also something: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5016 ... 071445.jpg
"scientific findings" - truly one of the greatest trolls.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... ience/feed

Been 8 hours since achievment. No news of ban and his char still says 85.

Has anyone started a no-kill char yet? I'm thinking of doing one if I had infinite money.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm UTC

I can't imagine it's truly feasible; all it takes is one mob aggroing you.

Played a bit this morning, got my shammie to 81. Unleash Weapon is awesome. Sitting on 3 new pieces of gear.

cv4

Postby cv4 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:41 pm UTC

Bah. Haven't played in 2 years, but Cata changes so much, I kind of want to come back.

Probably wouldn't play my main (80 hunter w/ early WotLK epics) as all the mechanics are different, but I kind of want to play through a warrior or shammy or druid or something from 1-85 to see all the new things. Either way, exams are coming up, so I have time to decide.

Opinions though, as I was bored of the game and end-game raiding when I quit. Different enough to be worth coming back?

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

I started middle of last summer, so haven't experienced all the classes in great detail, but I can say that the changes from WotLK to Cata were HUGE. Breathed new life into the classes I was working on (Shammie, Priest, Warlock). Tons of fun.

If you were bored of end game raiding, then getting to 85 might be about where you draw the line. I get bored of WoW pretty quickly now, but find it a fast fun orgy of asploding while I'm at it.

cv4

Postby cv4 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm UTC

I won't say I was really straight up bored of end game raiding. It's more that
i) I had done way too much of it on my hunter (did Naxx back in Vanilla WoW, did a bunch in TBC and did all that was offered when I quit in WOTLK). At least to me, it became a pretty boring class for raiding.
ii) I have other things to do than late night raid (homework, assignments, hang out with friends, get drunk, etc.) that I would generally rather do now.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 am UTC

WoW is aimed more than ever at players like you; people who want shorter, more productive sessions. It used to be raiding MC meant grinding to exalted with Waterlords and Thorium Brotherhood just because. Now, the mindless grinding is much much abated.
uhhhh fuck.

cv4

Postby cv4 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:45 am UTC

Midnight wrote:WoW is aimed more than ever at players like you; people who want shorter, more productive sessions. It used to be raiding MC meant grinding to exalted with Waterlords and Thorium Brotherhood just because. Now, the mindless grinding is much much abated.

Good to know, as I did the MC grind and killed Domo and Rag when they were the top shit out there. Really have no interest in doing that again.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:47 am UTC

Video is out; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD5rQJONV4

Edit: With the gathering leveling - if a mob aggros on you you just run away? :-/

Priests would be good for buffs/shields/heals.
Druids would be good for travel form and flying form.
Hunter pet on passive and only ever using taunt could work well too.

Never equip a weapon, go for mostly stam and defensive stats on items.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:01 pm UTC

I mean, having your pet kill something for you isn't really the same as not killing anything.
Once you get aggrod, you can run away, but most herbs/ore deposits aren't near a road, meaning once you start running away, you're likely going to run into more mobs

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 pm UTC

Nearly 82, not really that concerned about pushing to 85 super fast. I've actually probably sunk more time into leveling that I would have liked. Do have a guildie that will likely be 85 tonight though.

Also, leveling takes a big 'almost seems broken' jump at 82 apparently. 1.6 million xp is needed to get to 81. 2.1 mil to get to 82. 4 mil to get to 83. Quite right. It takes more xp to get from 82-83 than 80-82. Given the gradual increases we normally see, that's a little jarring.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Video is out; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD5rQJONV4
Hunter pet on passive and only ever using taunt could work well too.

Maybe FD could be just a tiny bit useful?

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm UTC

Man, Athene seems like a total dickbag. I hope his groundbreaking research earns him lots of success...

Dobblesworth

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm UTC

I'm surprised that cramped little office in there wasn't crumbling under the strain of his bloated ego.

Very well then, I stand corrected and applaud him on his legal tactic of gathering twenty players and flying straight to Twilight Highlands, and farm a high-respawn mob point, with him tagging and the rest nuking them down. Curious why heirlooms kept working for 80-81 and why then he didn't have some matching piece to replace it for 81-85 when he was sitting on some honour-farmed Wrathful pieces and the Elemental Invasion boss loot.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:54 pm UTC

Isn't that the same tactic used in the past 2 expansions? Or is there something I'm missing?
Dobblesworth wrote: Curious why heirlooms kept working for 80-81 and why then he didn't have some matching piece to replace it for 81-85 when he was sitting on some honour-farmed Wrathful pieces and the Elemental Invasion boss loot.
Taking random guesses here: Would he have had enough honor/emblems to buy the new heirloom gear? I don't know how much it is, so no idea personally. Also, the current heirloom works from 1-80. I assume that means you still get all the bonuses when you are 80. Or maybe it was just a bug on Blizzard's part. </speculation>

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 pm UTC

I got to 81-82.3 from ddoing Vash'jir alone, and finished to 83 by doing single Throne of Tides and a Blackrock Caverns runs for the quests. Geared well in the process.

Cataclysm leveling is smooth, don't be shocked by the relative jumps in required exp because the zones themselves are filled with enough story and quests to carry you through them.

In fact, if you do Vash'jir>Deepholm>Uldum, You'll hit early Twilight Highlands and find yourself at 85 even before doing 30% of the Twilight Highlands quests.

And, yeah, determined that affliction is by far the better leveling spec for warlocks. The felguard is so underpowered as a pet--- he does ~900-1k autoattacks and 2k legion strikes every 6 secs. By comparison, my succubus glyphed for Lash of Pain does 2k hits every global, she's a beast. The felguard cannot keep aggro for long, but my succubus keeps aggro until the mob is about almost dead.

Destruction simply doesn't kill mobs fast enough to justify the downtime of getting hit, not to mention survivability issues if you get more than 2 mobs on you.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 pm UTC

Yeah, I just hit 82, having run BRC twice, and am still in vash'jir

Unleash Weapon = AMAZING. Pretty pumped for Healing Rain too, although I'm not quite sure how it'll fit in with Healing Stream Totem and CH... I didn't think Shammies were exactly lacking an AoE heal spell. Meh.
Although, upon reading the tooltip, it doesn't look like it's a channeled spell... Um... Wow?

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:38 pm UTC

Well, I wasn't making a case that "you level too slow for the content". Merely that the jump was insane. The difference between needing to get to 81 and to 82 was ~25% (roughly). Comparing between 82-83 was nearly a 200% increase. From what I hear, 83-84 is roughly another 25% increase over the previous amount at 5.1 mil. Namely, I'm trying to say they probably could have done a steady ~40-50% increase per level and keep the same 80-85 total. I don't actually see anything wrong with what they did. I haven't even leveled all the way up yet. It just seems awkward/odd.

Quests in dungeons make a huge difference. I gained nearly half a level going through BRC, and then went through Tides without the quests and got probably around 1/4. Which leads me to ask: How do you get the quests in Tides? Hearsay was that they should be presented at the entrance. NPC was standing at the entrance of Tides, but didn't offer up any quests for us.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm UTC

ProZac wrote:Quests in dungeons make a huge difference. I gained nearly half a level going through BRC, and then went through Tides without the quests and got probably around 1/4. Which leads me to ask: How do you get the quests in Tides? Hearsay was that they should be presented at the entrance. NPC was standing at the entrance of Tides, but didn't offer up any quests for us.

I think you have to work your way through Vashj'ir to get them. I ducked into the instance after getting my 20k Leagues Under The Sea achievement and the npc had a couple of quests for me.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:51 pm UTC

I've quested pretty much all the way through Vashj'ir. Level 83 now, and I've done BRC, which was pretty cool; Throne of the Tides, which was actually quite awesome; and Vortex Pinnacle, which was a bit more meh. The trash was more challenging/fun there (first time since BC that I've used CC) but the bosses were less-cool than Throne. My major complaint is that there seems to be a one-trick pony mentally which is especially apparent in Vortex Pinnacle. For example, there's a dragon boss with a mechanic based on your positioning relative to the boss, and that was cool--and that was the whole fight. On the last boss, you have to stand in an electric zone to avoid getting hit by the instant kill thunderstorm--and that was the whole fight.
I'm sincerely hoping that a lot more gets added in the heroic modes for Vortex Pinnacle. In BRC the mechanics seemed a bit more interesting (the last boss just has one trick, but it involves kiting by ranged and target switching & is therefore more engaging) and in Throne of the Tides (last 2 bosses especially) there were multiple phases that you had to work through.

@Prozac: I think they do that so you can better experience the zones? I mean, the way questing was organized, in Vashj'ir at least, I did the penultimate quest and that was pretty much it. I'm 140/150 for the achievement, and I have no idea where any other quests are. Maybe they needed a big jump from 82-83 to accomodate "maximum time @ 82" so you could finish out a zone, and then go to the next one? I dunno.

I'm not actually sure if dungeons is the fastest way. It might be if your group is excellent, but there was a 4-man group that got realm first 85s and when I was checking up on them, they didn't seem to be in dungeons much. That group must've been absolutely nuts, though--they got it about 14-15 hours after release, and the mage who got realm first 85 was also the realm first 80.
Edit: I mean look at this guy! Realm first 80 & 85, northrend vanguard, warlord title, seasons 2 & 3 gladiator, collector's edition from vanilla, bc, wotlk, and cata, multiple blizzcons and the paris invitational in 2008... how do you kill that which has no life?
uhhhh fuck.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 pm UTC

Another thing! Does anyone seem to have quest lines that just... stop? In Hyjal, I I did like 4 quests, then had nothing. Followed the road a bit, found another 4, did 3, couldn't get one done as it was collection and the pieces were being insanely camped, and didn't find anymore. Said screw that, went to Vash'jir, hated swimming, got my Aqua legs and then *loved* it, since I could now zip around like a mad man in aquatic form. Anyway, I did a long chaing of quests, got about halfway through shimmering expanse and then it stopped again :/

I didn't enjoy Tides much, but maybe I was biased since I didn't have insane (quest) xp gain there. And I did them all with a guild group, but we pretty much zerged it all with no real strategy. The only one we screwed up was the second-last boss in BRC. We saw the armor buff, and thought "Hold him in lava, that'll get rid of it!" Insane AoE wipes us. "... Dip him in lava, let's not bathe him in it." As for kiting an add or anything, there's definitely been none of that.

The xp jump could be to fall in line with questing zones as well. That's just the sort of thing I see and think "ok, but why?" Yesterday, my guild was talking about how leveling felt so fast/easy and my 83 guild mate said "It's slows done a ton". Everyone else was saying (who were all around just under 82) didn't know what he was talking about. When one of them dinged, we realized what he meant.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

I haven't bought Cataclysm yet, but our server got one of the fastest level 85s. Webin of Terenas defended his spot as level 80 server first by getting to 85 in a grand total of 12 hours. That man is insane.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Return to “Gaming”