WoWzers!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

JudeMorrigan

Re: WoWzers!

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

ProZac wrote:Another thing! Does anyone seem to have quest lines that just... stop? In Hyjal, I I did like 4 quests, then had nothing. Followed the road a bit, found another 4, did 3, couldn't get one done as it was collection and the pieces were being insanely camped, and didn't find anymore. Said screw that, went to Vash'jir, hated swimming, got my Aqua legs and then *loved* it, since I could now zip around like a mad man in aquatic form. Anyway, I did a long chaing of quests, got about halfway through shimmering expanse and then it stopped again :/

You're probably missing a quest from a drop. That's the big downside, imo, to the Cataclysm questing paradigm where the entire zone is basically one giant quest chain. I made it through Vashj'ir ok (although like Midnight, I'm short of having enough quests for the achievement; I'd thought that maybe the ones in the TotT would count), but I heard plenty of complaints in general last night.

I didn't enjoy Tides much, but maybe I was biased since I didn't have insane (quest) xp gain there. And I did them all with a guild group, but we pretty much zerged it all with no real strategy. The only one we screwed up was the second-last boss in BRC. We saw the armor buff, and thought "Hold him in lava, that'll get rid of it!" Insane AoE wipes us. "... Dip him in lava, let's not bathe him in it." As for kiting an add or anything, there's definitely been none of that.

Heh, yeah. I did BRC in a guild group last night. We're still not sure we have any idea what the mechanics are for the last fight as we pretty much just facerolled our way through it both times we ran the instance. The lava guy and the netherspite-y guy required figuring out what was going on though.

TheGreatMeh

Postby TheGreatMeh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 pm UTC

JudeMorrigan wrote:Heh, yeah. I did BRC in a guild group last night. We're still not sure we have any idea what the mechanics are for the last fight as we pretty much just facerolled our way through it both times we ran the instance. The lava guy and the netherspite-y guy required figuring out what was going on though.

the only mechanic is that he switches bodies occasionaly, so it's basicly the blood princes from ICC except that all the bodies have the same abilities and threat is wiped each time it switchs bodies(i think).

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:19 pm UTC

Is anyone else seeing pretty low experience rewards for running the instances? I saw maybe 2-3 bars for all of Tides. BRC with quests was maybe 4-5. I'm used to an instance putting me approx 1/4th to 1/3rd of the way to a level.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

MikeBabaguh

Postby MikeBabaguh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Midnight wrote:Edit: I mean look at this guy! Realm first 80 & 85, northrend vanguard, warlord title, seasons 2 & 3 gladiator, collector's edition from vanilla, bc, wotlk, and cata, multiple blizzcons and the paris invitational in 2008... how do you kill that which has no life?

What exactly is remarkable about Northrend Vanguard?
Pursue happiness, with diligence.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 am UTC

MikeBabaguh wrote:
Midnight wrote:Edit: I mean look at this guy! Realm first 80 & 85, northrend vanguard, warlord title, seasons 2 & 3 gladiator, collector's edition from vanilla, bc, wotlk, and cata, multiple blizzcons and the paris invitational in 2008... how do you kill that which has no life?

What exactly is remarkable about Northrend Vanguard?

I'm sure he meant realm first.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 am UTC

Heh, so I healed for a Stonecore run the other day, and was a bit dismayed to see how quickly I ran out of mana. A) it's a hard instance, even without under geared peoples, but B) ever since I started upgrading gear, my SP is way higher (around 4k now) but my regen is horrid. I hope this levels out.

Shammies do rock face now though.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:48 am UTC

Got Loremaster of Cataclysm. I think Uldum was the best questing and Vashj'ir was the coolest/most innovative. Hyjal was alright, had some fun quests. Twilight Highlands was actually cool (plus the best gear); better than I thought it'd be. Deepholm was cool, but black rock gets a bit annoying. The bright splashes of crystals were cool, though.
uhhhh fuck.

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 am UTC

So, everyone. Hi.

Got Cata.

My warrior is 83. Fury. And she sucks. (I equate this to always being bad at the class. I always did so much less damage than my gear should have been doing)

Leveling my Worgen while my main sits and gains some rested status.

5.2mil doesn't seem like that much, since 82-83 was only 4mil.

But the 9million required at 84... Helluva thing.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:57 am UTC

I found the 9 million went pretty quickly, well. It felt quick. It was around 5 hours of questing.

I got 85 on the afternoon of the 2nd day.

Then spent the rest of the week getting Loremaster of Cataclysm and doing professions.

My favourite heroic currently is Stonecore. It takes a rather long time and the stone guy Ozruk (I think) is a bit of a pain. I would love my bleed, get hit with his paralyze and die to shatter. Mostly my fault, didn't realise ground slam was a frontal attack. I thought it was an aoe, so would run away.

Halls of origination is a close 2nd.

What are your favourite instances?

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 am UTC

Stonecore was fun... the first time. But when my daily random kept putting me in it... It got old fast.
And nobody seems to know to kill those AoErs first.

Blackrock Caverns was a windfall after doing Stonecore a few times.

I... haven't done anything else yet. I got Throne discovered but haven't gotten into one yet.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 pm UTC

My favorite line from the game so far: "Jynxy the Weasel says drink Kaja'Cola... or else! >:(" Extra cute emoticon added for representation of Jynxy's sinister weasel glare for all the non-drinkers.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 pm UTC

Yeah, Stonecore quickly became my least favorite instance. It's not a very interesting place and I know it's going to be the one it shoves you into all the time. I've yet to run Grim Batol, Tol'vir, and Halls of Origination, but Vortex Pinnacle is my current favorite. Currently 84, sitting around 1/3 of the way to 85. Leveling kinda slow, but I played my warlock up to 82 and I've a 40 Goblin hunter as well.

As for mana, I did 2 runs (nearly) back to back through Stonecore. One was a completely random group. I found myself drinking after each and every pull and always being concerned with my mana. After that, I did a guild group. I drank every 3-4 pulls and didn't run into any real trouble. Last night I ran VP with mostly guild and drank before bosses and that's it. Don't know if it's just gear difference or if I'm actually getting the hang of controlling my mana.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm UTC

Grim Batol isn't a bad instance, I enjoyed it the first few runs. However, it is rather long and with the difficulty of heroics. It can stretch a bit.

Then again, they all can get a bit time consuming.

I love the aethetics of Vortex Pinnacle, I think it is a rather lot like Prince of Persia.
The bosses are a bit of a let down I think, the first boss and the last boss mainly.

Halls of Origination is sweet, and I don't see myself getting tired of it for a while.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 pm UTC

ProZac wrote:Don't know if it's just gear difference or if I'm actually getting the hang of controlling my mana.

Yeah, if I maximize mana efficiency on the shammie, I can hold off a bit longer, but maybe WotLK dungeons were simply easier, because even with a relatively low gs, I could keep the group healed through even Forge of Souls WHILE flame shocking, lava bursting, and chain lightening spamming, and not have mana issues. Now the only offensive spells I'm casting are shocks to periodically discount my heals, or lightening bolts to regen some mana.

Anyway, glad to see dungeons require CC. Oh, and FUCK those conjurers in Stonecore and their imps.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 pm UTC

Vapour wrote:Grim Batol isn't a bad instance, I enjoyed it the first few runs. However, it is rather long and with the difficulty of heroics. It can stretch a bit.

Then again, they all can get a bit time consuming.

I love the aethetics of Vortex Pinnacle, I think it is a rather lot like Prince of Persia.
The bosses are a bit of a let down I think, the first boss and the last boss mainly.

Halls of Origination is sweet, and I don't see myself getting tired of it for a while.

The problem with Grim Batol is that if you don't do the drake bit at the start really well, then it's just TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH which is more than a half-hour to the instance. I love all the bossfights, I like some of the trash fights, but my group didn't know what to do the first time, so we fought every single pack.
Ugh.
I like the Neptulon fight in Throne of the Tides a lot.
uhhhh fuck.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am UTC

Midnight wrote:ke the Neptulon fight in Throne of the Tides a lot.

I save my Heroism for the Power of Water phase, just for kicks. For added kicks, look at the range an AoE spell produces relative to your toon.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:48 pm UTC

I'm not a fan of Neptulon. I didn't really like Throne of Tides though. Not for dislike of the place, I just found it pretty uninteresting throughout.

I managed to hit 85 last night and finished off all of the dungeons I hadn't completed yet. The drake part in Grim Batol is awesome, but it still feels like a ton of trash. Tol'vir is loooooong. 7 friggin bosses, with 4 mini-boss-ish things. Hoping to bounce into Heroics tonight, but I'm still 1 ilvl under the requirement.

FoS

Postby FoS » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:57 pm UTC

So far, for every single expansion I've decided to reroll up till this one where I actually intended continuing with my 80 Druid.
I was really looking forward to actually leveling with my guild and then RL happened. I've been mired at work working 6 day weeks and incredibly long hours each day so now while my guild is busy clearing the new raiding content I'm still sitting on 83.
It's making me pretty damn miserable at the moment.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 pm UTC

Yeah I didn't buy the xpac til sunday and by then most of my guild was already 85. I'm 83 now, but will only have 1 night to play between now and Sunday, when I hope I can finally catch up. Gearing for heroics shouldn't be that bad, with double 346 trinkets from JC and rep items I should be pretty close to 329 average upon dinging 85.

It's been a great xpac so far, loving the dungeons, and questing as feral I just destroy mobs with Ravage hitting for 40% of a mob's HP to open with. Healing is engaging, but doesn't seem to be nearly as hard as people are making it out to be... maybe we'll see what happens in heroics. I definitely need to play smarter to keep my mana up, but when I do things properly mana is not even remotely an issue yet (when I screw up my mana does plummet though :D)
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm UTC

Have you swapped most of your gear for blues, or are you still rocking lvl 80 purples?

Obby

Postby Obby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm UTC

It might be because we're still undergeared, but I feel like heroics are a lot more challenging to jump into than they were in Wrath... PUG got absolutely demolished in Lost City the other night, only killed the first boss.

Hoping that my guild picks up the pace and gets geared enough so I don't have to PUG heroics.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:54 pm UTC

mike-l wrote:Healing is engaging, but doesn't seem to be nearly as hard as people are making it out to be... maybe we'll see what happens in heroics. I definitely need to play smarter to keep my mana up, but when I do things properly mana is not even remotely an issue yet (when I screw up my mana does plummet though :D)

I think it's a lot of hyperbole. I've yet to hit a heroic, but so far, I've only ever seriously ran out of mana twice, and both times we were close enough to the end of the fight that my HoTs just held the tank stable til the boss died. This is without seriously adjusting my resto spec. I'm sporting Fury of Stormrage (free wrath!). I also don't have any points in Moonglow (for reduced mana cost) or Omen of Clarity. I also plan on getting rid of talents buffing Regrowth, as I find it's so costly that I only use it when I've screwed up elsewhere/enter panic mode. Pretty sure I'll have to make all those changes for heroics. I really wish I could keep Fury of Stormrage, as it's awesome having free wrath, and it gives me something to do when I'm standing there in dungeons watching HoTs tick, but I doubt I'll have that kind of 'stand around' time in heroics/raids.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:04 pm UTC

I PUGed my first group in Cata last night. Previously, I had only run a few BRCs and TotTs with my guild. Overall, HoO wasn't too bad, at least once I convinced the 4k dps death knight that if I wasn't healing him, it was because I was busy healing someone else and that I'd get to him as soon as I was able. There are a couple of pulls there that I imagine are going to be just brutal on heroic though. I will say that it was interesting having to actually stop and drink again.

I was NOT pleased when I discovered that my holy light not procing charges of holy power when cast on my beaconed target was working as intended. In five-mans at least, I remain unconvinced that it was really especially overpowered. As is, tower of radiance is a pretty seriously weak use of three talent points. Not that I'd have anything better to spend them on, of course.

I also find myself annoyed that Blizzard raised the price of heirlooms under the excuse that the new prices reflected justice point rewards in Cata. Maybe that'll be true in a year when everyone is vastly better geared, but while I describe HoO as "not too bad", it *was* tough enough that I'm imagining that heroics will be pretty slow going, particularly outside of guild groups. And outside of heroics, justice point gain is going to be slooooowwwww.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm UTC

Yes, I imagine it will be difficult to PUG heroics, I'm ok with that though (also being a healer I have more control over the success of the group than I would if I was a dps). People seem to forget that WotLK heroics were moderately hard at the start as well, and TBC heroics were a nightmare in blues (first time we cleared Mechanar, our tank died on every single one of the giant robot pulls and we'd kite and swap aggro as much as we could and eventually got through it with many wipes). I'm happy to go back to the TBC model. And I expect they'll all be facerolls by the time we get decked out in T11 Heroic gear, certainly by the time we're in T13.

There are lots of times where I'm healing people through avoidable damage, and probably won't be able to in heroics... I mean, it's one thing to finish your cast before moving out of poison/fire/etc, but I watch some people just stand in it until it fades.. yeah that's not gonna fly :) The most challenging pull so far has been in Vortex Pinnacle, the ones with the 2 healers. We used no CC and that was pretty tough on the mana, lots of AoE damage (probably due to bad tanking) and all 6 mobs were alive for at least 3 minutes. Thank god for Broccoli form letting me get extra OoC procs from many lifeblooms! But I think we've only wiped because I couldn't keep up with the healing maybe... twice. The rest of the wipes were things like getting one shot from the tank leaving the 3rd boss in the fire too long in BRC, or people not standing in the grounding field on the last boss of Vortex Pinnacle.

Also in response to an earlier question... I refuse to wear greens, so I'm rocking about one half 277s (and the odd 264) and about one half 308/316s, with 2 346 trinkets from JC.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm UTC

Then maybe shammies just go through a rough patch, or I've got to get used to reupping my water shield more often and spamming lightening bolts more rapidly. In the three bossfights of Stonecore, I ran out of mana about 3/4ths of the way through, and had to drink a potion, drop Mana Tide, and let one of the dps die.

I could of course respec a bit to mitigate casting costs of spells.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

I've been hearing a lot of chatter about Arcane mages overtaking Fire mages DPS-wise in dungeons. Is it the burst DPS, as opposed to Fire's burn-time DPS?
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

Experiences: healers are attentive and efficient. I didn't see a bad healer yet, only undergeared ones.
Tanks... nothing stellar, most can't get mobs off the healer very well. Guys, it's not rocket science.

Sadly enough, dps skill did not increase at all.

Recount-> interrupts. Surprise, only the tank interrupted enemy casts.
"Guys, please focus the earthshaper". Of course, I'm the only one attacking him.
"Gonna fear the healer, don't attack her" *EM chain lightning flies past 5 seconds later and smacks directly into the cc-ed mob*
"Afk 10 seconds" *they start the boss, and die out of lack of mana because the other dps suck. Meanwhile, I'm stuck behind the barrier trying to corrupt criters for dark intent procs on the healer*
"Careful with the AOE, it's easy to aggro the other packs" *Starfall!!*

Also, very copious amounts of standing in the fire.

Surprisingly, the dps are WAY more useful in low level dungeons. CC, interrupts, hybrid throwing heals, you name it.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:00 pm UTC

It has been nice to see the typical mode of brute force doesn't hold water in cata.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:03 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Experiences: healers are attentive and efficient. I didn't see a bad healer yet, only undergeared ones.

I think bad healers had a bad experience at first and are queuing as dps :) (I know of at least 2 healers doing this and I would classify them as on the weaker end)

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:14 pm UTC

Yeah, what mike said for healers. As far as dps, save 2 dungeons, I've only ever been with 1 other non-guild dps max. One went ok, one was terrible on healing, but we made it. Tanks on the other, we get from the DF all the time, and quite a few are still in WotLK mode. I was about ready to reach through my computer and strangle my Tol'Vir tank, as he kept pulling when I was back drinking or just not even giving me time to drink before grabbing the next group, even when I asked.
mike-l wrote:Also in response to an earlier question... I refuse to wear greens, so I'm rocking about one half 277s (and the odd 264) and about one half 308/316s, with 2 346 trinkets from JC.
There a particular reason? Also, since there seem to be a wide variety of techniques for resto druid healing, what have you found to work well? So far, I've been sticking with having the tank with Rejuv + slow stacking Lifebloom, Swiftmend/Efflorescence for melee, Wild Growth on CD, Healing Touch people as needed. I'm rarely using Regrowth or Nourish. Nourish seems to provide just little benefit for the cast time. I rarely want to heal people for a small amount, preferring to let WG handle it, since a small health deficit isn't an immediate problem anymore.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm UTC

For the record, I'm not complaining that PUGing heroics won't be trivial. I'm pretty ok with that. I'm just think it's somewhat silly that if someone wanted to buy a heirloom, their best best would currently be to go back and do AT dailies. Easily. Ultimately, it's a small thing, I know.

I also think that normal Cata dungeon bosses @85 should drop justice points at a rate similar to that of Wrath heroic bosses, but that's not quite the same argument.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm UTC

ProZac wrote:
mike-l wrote:Also in response to an earlier question... I refuse to wear greens, so I'm rocking about one half 277s (and the odd 264) and about one half 308/316s, with 2 346 trinkets from JC.
There a particular reason? Also, since there seem to be a wide variety of techniques for resto druid healing, what have you found to work well? So far, I've been sticking with having the tank with Rejuv + slow stacking Lifebloom, Swiftmend/Efflorescence for melee, Wild Growth on CD, Healing Touch people as needed. I'm rarely using Regrowth or Nourish. Nourish seems to provide just little benefit for the cast time. I rarely want to heal people for a small amount, preferring to let WG handle it, since a small health deficit isn't an immediate problem anymore.

It's purely aesthetic refusing to wear greens. Yes, there are upgrades. But I worked so hard for those 277 pieces, it hurts to replace my heroic Trauma with a blue with a terrible model, but a green.... yeah I'm just not going there. I'm getting blues fast enough that it's not really holding me back, so I'm sticking with it. (I did the same in WotLK, though the gear jump was smaller there so greens weren't immediately better than my T6)

As for style, I always have 3xLB on the tank and refresh with nourish/HT. I use WG to generate mastery bonuses on other spells, and spend OoC procs on RG.

My 'everything is OK' rotation is to WG when it's off CD and at least one person besides the tank isn't topped up, RG a non-tank if I have OoC, and nourish targets that need it and have a HoT already. This is mana positive and is a decent amount of throughput.

My 'Ok, a bit of damage is going around' strategy is to throw in some RJs and SMs, but I actively try to only RJ when someone has a RG or a WG on them already for mastery bonus. I generally only keep up as many RJs as are absolutely necessary (either because someone is really low or because I haven't had a OoC proc in a while and need something to SM) and still lean heavily on nourish.

My 'Oh SHIT!' strategy is WG on CD, SM on CD, HT on tank to keep his health up + LBs rolling and RG non-hotted targets/RJ if it's enough/HT I try as best I can to spend OoC procs on RG, but I'm not going to cancel a HT if it's already started. Generally you can avoid blowing it on SM though. This is very unsustainable, though if you pop tree and LB everyone, use OoC for insta RGs, and continue SM/WG on CD, you can keep refreshing LBs after tree form ends (with Nourish/HT only) and you'll get a lot of extra OoCs for RGs (in practice you can keep at most 3 LBs up, and that's devoting a LOT of time to them, more likely you'll keep 2 rolling, but the nontank target will only ever need nourishes and so it's very nice on mana)

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 pm UTC

Fire pretty much trumps all other specs since it does the best long-term damage, with excellent cleave capabilities, and there's very little resource to manage. Movement doesn't hurt your DPS as much.

Frost is very nice for fights where the mobs need to be snared all the time like heroic Erunax on Grim Batol.

DPS is rather bad overall. In 333-346 mix (since this game hates me and I lose on all relevant rolls) I'm pulling an average 12-13k DPS. Can go as high as 15k. Most DPS I come across can barely maintain 10k and they outgear me by a good bit. The kind of thing that makes you raegquaat the gear, because the gear is going to the incompetent. And I can't even afford the schedule for a hardcore progression guild right now, so it's not like I can afford to chain run premades.

Unholy DK's in full 346 DUAL WIELDING. DUAL WIELDING IN UNHOLY SPEC FOR FUCK'S SAKE. So much for making specs that are less easy to make mistakes with. Morons will still fuck it up.

And then healers who don't move. Stonecore's first and last boss on heroic pretty much reveals th'e bad healers. Healers who don't move to avoid crystals/boulders/take too much damage from shard spray on drake boss.

I've had the better luck with tanks, but even then I've seen plenty of tanks that don't really use their heads and cost the healer more mana than they should.

P.S. Affliction for warlock is godly on heroics since basically unless you're terrible and walk into some lethal zone/cleave/debuff, you pretty much don't need any heals as the passive healing from Life Siphon, Fel Armor, and Haunt keeps you easily topped off even during moderate aoe damage.

I expect it to be a choice raiding spec for the sole factor of being the most self-sufficient spec in a raiding environment, will save healers a lot of mana.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm UTC

Ok, I'm currently 1: Frost/2: Fire. I spend my dungeon time in Fire mode, and switch as appropriate in overworld. But I've seen umpteen-bajillion arcane mages of late, and was wondering why.

The EGE wrote:

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:So much for making specs that are less easy to make mistakes with. Morons will still fuck it up.

I think this sums up my impression of WoW by in large. One of my favorite things about playing around now, is that I can actually look at some of my guildies who called themselves better players than I am, and say "Huh, curious, you're a level above me and sporting better gear then I am, yet I'm out dps'ing you, AS A HYBRID class... Curious, isn't it?"

I give Cata credit for being way more involved than WotLK. People are obviously used to not thinking about what they're doing.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm UTC

I learned raiding in EQ, when I came over to WoW raiding I was shocked at how lax people were playing.

The EGE wrote:

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 am UTC

I've only heard about EQ raiding, so I dunno. I mean, I'll agree that wow players are fairly lax, but I'd still take WoW raiding for one reason: instances. 100% world bosses is a terrible idea.
uhhhh fuck.

FoS

Postby FoS » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:43 am UTC

I don't know how most of you found changing items as you level but I'm still rocking all of my T10 and quite a few of my 80 items.
Last night I finally replaced my 277 Nibelunging and my Rings. I've just found that either the items have the wrong stats for me (Mastery is rubbish for Boomkins) or it's just not good enough to warrant breaking my 4pc set bonus.

I'm still pushing really good DPS so it's not been much of a bother but I know it's going to become a problem when I hit 85 tonight because my average ilevel is going to be so low.

I missed my guilds first 25man last night. Quite a pity because we're now 2nd on the server and in the top 200 EU coz we're sitting on 8/12 now.
The weekend is going to be busy.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:46 pm UTC

FoS wrote:I don't know how most of you found changing items as you level but I'm still rocking all of my T10 and quite a few of my 80 items.
Last night I finally replaced my 277 Nibelunging and my Rings. I've just found that either the items have the wrong stats for me (Mastery is rubbish for Boomkins) or it's just not good enough to warrant breaking my 4pc set bonus.

I'm still pushing really good DPS so it's not been much of a bother but I know it's going to become a problem when I hit 85 tonight because my average ilevel is going to be so low.

Isn't Intellect by far the most important stat for you though? I know it is as resto, and even completely ignoring the secondary stats, the 308+ gear is an upgrade from my 277s.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm UTC

I wager it'll take you longer to break your set bonuses, but A) mastery isn't rubbish, and B) better gear is better gear man. I'm obviously not swapping over to +agil for my ele shammie, but when something better comes along, take it.

I've seen a lot of people rocking their purples still, and I don't really get it. Yeah you worked long hours for that stuff, but now you're simply wearing it for the cosmetic purposes? Lamesauce. If you're still using 277 items, you're missing out on A LOT.

Return to “Gaming”