WoWzers!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Vekter
Now I am become Beth, the employer of squirrels

Re: WoWzers!

Postby Vekter » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:10 pm UTC

Mother Superior wrote:I like teleporting. 8)

QFT. That's why Mages>all.

Hm. This Glogging thing is pretty wicked. I'll pick that up here whenever I get back on tomorrow night.

On that note, I get internet at my place tomorrow night (A nice, smooth, 5mbps connection. :D ), so I'll be on.
:lol: HOBO BONUS :lol:

SoapyHobo wrote:Where there's penis, there's Narsil

>:3

Mecks

Postby Mecks » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:58 pm UTC

Ok, dudes, you weren't seriously supposed to start using "Glogging". I coined it specifically because it was the ugliest word I could think of. :|
You can't sleep at night
You can't dream your dream
Your fingerprints on file
Left clumsily at the scene

Your own worst enemy has come to town...

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 pm UTC

pieaholicx wrote:So a Hippogryph ride, a boat ride, 3 zones of walking, and a tram ride later, I finally make it. Just to find out that he wants me to go talk to somebody in another zone. I hate these people, I really do. Thankfully, I hit all the flight points on the way there. I'll just have to go back to Stormwind, ride the tram, and fly back to Darkshore to finish all those quests. Life's a pain. Oh well, at least I capped lockpicking.

This is pretty funny.

When I first joined WoW I made an NE rogue called Freya, but THAT VERY DAY we had matinence after I hit level 3, so I come back the next day AND MY CHAR DISAPPEARED. Actually a lot of people's chars disappeared and we had to make a ticket to get it back, so while I waited I made a Human Warlock called Gelsamel, I played him upto about 20 and then I figured that they didn't care about a level 3 character so then I remade my NE Rogue and called her Francesca (Freya was taken... by my disappeared character remember?). Because I loved goldshire and westfall SO much the first thing I did with her was WALK all the way to Stormwind at level 1.

xD
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:02 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
pieaholicx wrote:So a Hippogryph ride, a boat ride, 3 zones of walking, and a tram ride later, I finally make it. Just to find out that he wants me to go talk to somebody in another zone. I hate these people, I really do. Thankfully, I hit all the flight points on the way there. I'll just have to go back to Stormwind, ride the tram, and fly back to Darkshore to finish all those quests. Life's a pain. Oh well, at least I capped lockpicking.

This is pretty funny.

To be honest, if it weren't for Sprint I wouldn't have made it. Got attacked by a spider in Wetlands, and an orc by the tunnels to the zone with Ironforge. Thankfully somebody higher than me popped up right by the orc and took him out.

I have to say, I've really been enjoying the switch to Rogue. All I've played before was a Blood Elf Paladin (Armory), which was pretty okay. I just wish my Rogue would show up in the Armory...
It's okay, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can kill him over the loot.
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

Lumpy
I can has morbid obesity?

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 am UTC

I hope I can get from level 15 to 20 in the three or four days I have left. I think I heard somewhere that the maximum level for free trial members is 20, and you can't group with anyone above level 20.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:29 am UTC

Yeah you can't do any cool shit like sign guild charters on the trial. So you're experience is probably somewhat reduced since you're playing the trial.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:05 am UTC

Really? I signed a guild charter because someone offered me 1 piece of gold if I did, but because the trial version disables trading and sending and receiving mail, I never got it, so I left the guild. I had clearly joined, though.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:12 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:Really? I signed a guild charter because someone offered me 1 piece of gold if I did, but because the trial version disables trading and sending and receiving mail, I never got it, so I left the guild. I had clearly joined, though.

Mm maybe I was mistaken, either way it does disable a bunch of stuff (like you mentioned) which really sucks :-/.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:24 am UTC

How does Blizzard expect you to come across someone that hasn't played in over 90 days, but that is still able to be convinced to sign back up? Peer pressure?

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 am UTC

Perhaps seen the changes in the game? The new content that they can now explore and have fun in?
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Mecks

Postby Mecks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:How does Blizzard expect you to come across someone that hasn't played in over 90 days, but that is still able to be convinced to sign back up? Peer pressure?

"Dude, you can ride a bear now."
"A bear?"
"A mother-fuckin' bear."

I don't think it's too hard.
You can't sleep at night

Pai

Postby Pai » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 am UTC

Gawd, I want that bear so bad.

I'm such a sucker for Blizzard's carrots. I don't think I could ever quit permanently. :|
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." ~Voltaire

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am UTC

Pai wrote:Gawd, I want that bear so bad.

QTF

Also Raven Lord...
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

schmiggen

Postby schmiggen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:24 am UTC

Hehe... if anyone is starting up their account again, and don't have any friends who're gonna use the extra month...

Dude, you can ride a helicopter now!
Really, a helicopter?
Yes, really, a helicopter!

Gotsta be an engineer, though, methinks...
Kabann wrote:Aw hell, as far as I'm concerned the world started in late 1967. Everything else is just semantics and busy-work.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:38 am UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:

This is pretty funny.

To be honest, if it weren't for Sprint I wouldn't have made it. Got attacked by a spider in Wetlands, and an orc by the tunnels to the zone with Ironforge. Thankfully somebody higher than me popped up right by the orc and took him out.

I have to say, I've really been enjoying the switch to Rogue. All I've played before was a Blood Elf Paladin (Armory), which was pretty okay. I just wish my Rogue would show up in the Armory...

Haven't you guys seen the great n00b Gnome race? These guys make a bunch of L1 Gnomes, get someone to open the gate into Blackrock Mountains for them, and race from Dun Morogh, all the way to Stormwind, through Loch Modan, Blackrock Mountains and Redridge.
They lvled to 2, just from discovering areas.
One of the best WoW vids ever.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:32 am UTC

Mecks wrote:
Lumpy wrote:How does Blizzard expect you to come across someone that hasn't played in over 90 days, but that is still able to be convinced to sign back up? Peer pressure?

"A bear?"
"A mother-fuckin' bear."

Bear Cavalry?
It's okay, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can kill him over the loot.
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

Mecks

Postby Mecks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:48 am UTC

pieaholicx wrote:
Mecks wrote:

"A bear?"
"A mother-fuckin' bear."

Bear Cavalry?

Way back when they first announced the bear mount, it was decided we were going to give the first one to our resident dwarf hunter. He uses the wolfslayer sniper rifle, so it'd work perfectly.
You can't sleep at night

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:15 am UTC

i gave up wow about a month ago and i miss it soooooo soooo much.

but i will be strong. i will not reinstall or unfreeze my account. i. will. not. >_<

*seed of corruptions the thread and runs away cackling maniacally*

LATAH BITCHES

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:24 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:i gave up wow about a month ago and i miss it soooooo soooo much.

but i will be strong. i will not reinstall or unfreeze my account. i. will. not. >_<

LATAH BITCHES

I hate SoC so much...
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Mecks

Postby Mecks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:32 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:i gave up wow about a month ago and i miss it soooooo soooo much.

LATAH BITCHES

You know, I hear warlocks are getting green fire next patch...

That's right, give into its power! MWAHAHA!
You can't sleep at night

ChooChoo

Postby ChooChoo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 am UTC

Aaaaand, Hyjal attuned.

BT attunement comes Wednesday! Woo!

Enssel

Postby Enssel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:18 pm UTC

How do you do daily quests :[

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:06 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Today I finished the quest involving eight goretusk livers, and then rounded up a group in the Saldeas Fields...
<snipped remaining description of fun>

I bow in your general direction, sir.

You sound like you cruise around having fun and being interested in the world.

I just started WoW in earnest after dabbling here and there with it as a second game to EQ for years. I want to be level 70 asap, immediately, before now. I found a leveling guide and I'm grinding out the quests as fast as I can, because all my buddies are level 70 and I want to play with them. It occurs to me that I may be doing myself a disservice by ignoring the content in favor of the numbers. Maybe I'll slow down and smell the roses a bit.

Vekter

Postby Vekter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm UTC

ChooChoo wrote:Aaaaand, Hyjal attuned.

Go for it man. One of my friends (Armory) is pretty close, and when he and the rest of his guild gets attuned, they're going to, hopefully, be the first guild to down Illidan on Lethon.

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:31 pm UTC

Last night I spent 30 minutes exploring Cathedral Square and Old Mage District in Stormwind. After I used a hearthstone to teleport back to Sentinel Hill, I discovered Longshore, where someone from Sentinel Hill helped me get a murloc eye for Westfall Stew, but then had to leave. I found a second person to help me get the remaining two eyes. After turning them in, I teamed up with a wizard-type character to get eight gnoll paws. We looked around for the Dagger Hills where the Defias Highwaymen are, but we couldn't find them. We checked around the Gold Coast Quarry, and I walked a little too far up the hill, trying to discover another area on the map, and fell straight down into an area with a horde of level 17 murlocs. They seemed not to notice us at first, but my teammate rushed headfirst into the crowd, and attacked me as I was in the middle of using a hearthstone.

Then I walked all the way to Goldshire, where I received more warrior training and practiced blacksmithing by sharpening stones and making vests out of smelted copper. I saw the Darkmoon Faire, some kind of carnival, in town, but I decided to ignore it for then. My group member from Westfall was there, and we headed toward Lakeshire to get Gwyrn Stottlemeyer's message from some guy at the local inn. There was another big change of landscape when we found the Burning Steppe, but not as great as the contrast between Elwynn Woods and Westfall. We got a quest from Guard Parks at the Three Corners, probably something about getting him lunch. We slaughtered a few giant tarantulas that crossed our path as we followed the road. We crossed the bridge into Lakeshire and got a whole load of quests, and then we headed back to Goldshire to get an order of horseshoes. On the way back, we gave Guard Parks his lunch, and he requested we go back to Lakeshire to get flowers for someone he apparently had a crush on.

I arrived at Goldshire and got a crate full of horseshoes from the local blacksmith trainer. I examined a note from the man in the Lakeshire inn, which warned that the Defias Brotherhood is planning to take over all of Stormwind, they already have control over every mine, they've got the kobolds and goblins on their side, and they're planning a weapon of mass destruction. I didn't think it added up that the kobolds couldn't even make a good pickaxe, but they managed to design all that mining equipment, and that explains it. I decided to plan on examining the Darkmoon Faire and heading back to Westfall to deliver the important note tomorrow night. Also, I'm level 16 now.

There's one thing about World of Warcraft that really annoys me. Practically all of the non-delivery quests require a group, because the enemies wisely stick together in great numbers, so you can't attack one at a time. Yet I typically play from 12am to 3am on a low populated U.S. server, so it's nigh impossible to find a group composed of more than two members at once. Thanks for your compliment about my log entries. The above adventure took about 3 hours.

Mother Superior
Better than tea

Postby Mother Superior » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 pm UTC

1st of all: There's no difference between Lakeshire and the burning steppes? :?
2nd: With the recently patched changes, mobs are even more solo-friendly. It's a matter of learning how close you can get to a mob without attracting its attention, and when to attack. Trust me, it's do-able with some practice. Providing they aren't of a much higher level than you of course. Trust me, as a Mage I can rarely survive attacks from more than two mobs at a time and it is almost always possible to draw one away from the other. Now, playing in a group often adds to the fun, but I see your point of view, it is hard to find people to join you sometimes.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

Adds do suck and I had some real drama with it on the little rogue I was playing.

I rolled up a druid and I must say it rendered adds pretty much a non-issue. I go around mostly in catform clawing things like mad, but if an add or two moseys on up, I can usually just bearform it up and kill em. Or if the situation is dire, I use my catform to initiate a swift advance to the rear.

I cannot recommend the druid highly enough, so far. (Although I am a baby newb at 22.)

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:05 am UTC

I talked to each NPC at the Darkmoon Faire, played with the remote-control tanks, and chased around the frog-selling goblin for 10 minutes. It has hard because right when I had caught up with him, the screen turned black for several seconds because the graphics driver failed, and he got away. Then I went to Westfall via hearthstone and delivered a message to Gwyrn Stottlemeyer, who sent me to Stormwind. I rode a gryphon and jumped into the lake, where I accidentally dove underwater by left+right clicking, and I didn't know how to resurface, so I drowned.

Now it's logged me out of the server and I can't log back in.

Edit: Now I can log in, but weird things happen like NPCs are missing, or I can't talk to them

Edit: I handed Gwyrn Stottlemeyer his letter from the head of the Stormwind military, but he didn't say anything at all. I looked around, and weird things were happening, like gryphons hovering in the air, flapping their wings, but going nowhere. I walked back up to the head of the Westfall People's Military, and everything moved around REALLY fast, then I was logged out of the server. I talked to him again when I was logged back in and got another quest involving capturing a Defias Messenger, but I missed my congratulations message. :(

It's really, really hard to feel "into" it at all on days when things like these keep happening. I logged out and I am not playing for the rest of the day. One or two days left on my free trial. Next time I make another account so I can get another free trial, I'm going to make it an undead mage and roll on a high population role-playing server, so I can find a group more easily.

ChooChoo

Postby ChooChoo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:50 am UTC

Vekter wrote:
ChooChoo wrote:Aaaaand, Hyjal attuned.

Go for it man. One of my friends (Armory) is pretty close, and when he and the rest of his guild gets attuned, they're going to, hopefully, be the first guild to down Illidan on Lethon.

Tell him to get better trinkets ASAP. Those are probably the two worst trinkets possible for a shadow priest.

Quagmirran's Eye and Icon of the Silver Crescent are better shadow priest trinkets.

Vekter

Postby Vekter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:01 pm UTC

Yeah, they do suck. He's hoping for that eye thing to drop soon, and I'm not sure what else.

He seems to like the Lightning Capacitor, I dunno.

Tractor

Postby Tractor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:42 pm UTC

Has anyone else who had leveled a lot before 2.3 tried leveling a lowbie again? The XP changes are crazy. It used to be that lvls starting in the mid to upper 40's (where my hunter alt is now) took most of a night to complete. Now, with the lower numbers needed and crazy quest XP, I've been popping a new lvl every couple hours. I had been questing in Searing Gorge, and had gathered/killed enough to go turn in half a dozen quests or so...the killing XP took me halfway through the lvl, then the turnins took me the rest of the way. It was amazing.

This should make it cake to ding into 50 so I can finish lvling her jewelcrafting/herbalism for use with my 70's. Minus faction reward recipies of course, I don't feel like going through that nonsense right now, I'm still working on getting exaulted with a few more factions to get some more enchanting recipies on my rogue.

Hunter related - thoughts on best pet/abilities? I currently have a cat ( with out of date skills, cuz I'm too lazy to go train any others right now ), but I'm wondering if I should stick with it. Not that it matters a whole lot though, my rogue will still be my favorite character.
9 x 6 = 42

Note: Randall kicks ass.

Vekter

Postby Vekter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:12 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:It's really, really hard to feel "into" it at all on days when things like these keep happening. I logged out and I am not playing for the rest of the day. One or two days left on my free trial. Next time I make another account so I can get another free trial, I'm going to make it an undead mage and roll on a high population role-playing server, so I can find a group more easily.

A: Yeah, servers tend to bug up every once in a while. Blizzard has a good track record of fixing problems relatively quickly, though.

B: You don't have to make another account, afaik. You just have to upgrade that one to a full account.

bannahammock

Postby bannahammock » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

Spielenmir 70 holy blood elf paladin
[doomhammer]
Thou im lookin to start fresh on a new server any ideas?

schmiggen

Postby schmiggen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:52 pm UTC

Tractor wrote:Hunter related - thoughts on best pet/abilities? I currently have a cat ( with out of date skills, cuz I'm too lazy to go train any others right now ), but I'm wondering if I should stick with it. Not that it matters a whole lot though, my rogue will still be my favorite character.

For PvE, I like Boars, because charge rocks for quick aggro grabbing in groups and solo. I haven't tried most of the new pets, but my favorite has always been either oldschool dashing cat or a wolf with howl.

EDIT: Just curious, Tractor... why did you get the Merciless Gladiator offhand instead of mainhand first?
Last edited by schmiggen on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Kabann wrote:Aw hell, as far as I'm concerned the world started in late 1967. Everything else is just semantics and busy-work.

bannahammock

Postby bannahammock » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 pm UTC

schmiggen wrote:
Tractor wrote:Hunter related - thoughts on best pet/abilities? I currently have a cat ( with out of date skills, cuz I'm too lazy to go train any others right now ), but I'm wondering if I should stick with it. Not that it matters a whole lot though, my rogue will still be my favorite character.

For PvE, I like Boars, because charge rocks for quick aggro grabbing in groups and solo. I haven't tried most of the new pets, but my favorite has always been either oldschool dashing cat or a wolf with howl.

i think the ravagers make good pets idk thou im a pally

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:04 pm UTC

Vekter wrote:
Lumpy wrote:It's really, really hard to feel "into" it at all on days when things like these keep happening. I logged out and I am not playing for the rest of the day. One or two days left on my free trial. Next time I make another account so I can get another free trial, I'm going to make it an undead mage and roll on a high population role-playing server, so I can find a group more easily.

A: Yeah, servers tend to bug up every once in a while. Blizzard has a good track record of fixing problems relatively quickly, though.

B: You don't have to make another account, afaik. You just have to upgrade that one to a full account.

Yeah, but I won't have to pay for another trial account.

Last night I ventured back and forth between Lakeshire, Goldshire, Stormwind, and Sentinel Hill, doing things like delivering horseshoes and letters of importance describing the state of the city under threat from Defias/orcs/gnolls/etc. Then I went back to Sentinel Hill, and I found someone that asked if I needed to do the Deadmines. I told them I needed a sprocket from the Deadmines for a gnome in the Dwarven District of Stormwind. In the group was a level 18 dwarven warlock and a level 41 draeinei shaman.

The shaman would run ahead of us and gather the group of Defias miners or goblins around him, and then the rest of us would rush in and attack. By the time we got to the really good loot, my inventory was full and I couldn't seem to delete any of it. There was a room with a giant ogre, and then a room full of goblins with a goblin in a giant robot suit with a buzzsaw with a hand. We attacked all at once and I picked the sprocket from the corpse of the goblin that controlled the deactiviated robot.

My free trial ends in 11 hours.

Masuri

Postby Masuri » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:16 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Yeah, but I won't have to pay for another trial account.

But, um, you'll never actually get anywhere if you don't get a real account. Do you really want to play the first 20 levels over and over and over and over again?

I don't get it.

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 pm UTC

I just assumed it would be interesting if I switched to playing a Forsaken mage because of different scenery, quests, and enemies.

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 pm UTC

Ah shit, I'm fully back into it now. First day back, I get an invite to a guild that's in SSC and TK, and has everything else on farm, and is led by several of my good friends. I get offers to run me through heroics like mad from 1/2 of my friends, and 1/2 of them offer their tailoring to my benefit, so I can finish my frozen shadowweave set. Hahaha, looks like I'm back into the loop.

Verator - 70 UD Warlock - Bonechewer server. Look me up.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Delbin

Postby Delbin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:57 am UTC

Masuri wrote:But, um, you'll never actually get anywhere if you don't get a real account. Do you really want to play the first 20 levels over and over and over and over again?

I don't get it.

I've heard form people who have made dozens of alts. I don't understand it myself.

Return to “Gaming”