Paranoia (IC)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

DonChubby

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:36 pm UTC

Not taking any chances, Wenton bolts towards the door.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 pm UTC

Estee stays close behind Wenton.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Levi

Postby Levi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 pm UTC

Wolfe follows the rest.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 am UTC

You pile through the door just as the timer hits zero and it slams resoundingly shut behind you. The room is extremely dark, with only a single bright light on you, and another on four chairs in the centre of the room. Another light comes up up a few seconds later in front of the chairs, and is inhabited by a tall, Dark-haired, female clone. She is Violet clearance. She gestures for you to sit.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Levi

Postby Levi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:00 am UTC

Wolfe takes a seat, narrowing his eyebrows and staring at the woman.

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:28 am UTC

After regaining his composure Wenton sits down and speaks in a smooth controlled manner, "Thank you very much. I am Wenton-R-HSG-1, a pleasure to meet you."
He offers the woman his hand.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:04 am UTC

She glares at the hand for a few seconds before gesturing meaningfully to the seat next to Wolfe.

grythyttan
Location: Hncwhxagykozzqlif azefkbtvw. Kjkd sb, ypwyw eg tdpm.

Postby grythyttan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:07 am UTC

Tim sits down in a chair and tries to relax a bit. He then says "Hello".
Joy of Cooking was far less of an achievement than Thyme Cube discovery, for I have Cubed the Spice, with 4 simultaneous flavor types in 1 plant of Earth.
Spoiler:

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:45 am UTC

Loco calmly sits down in one of the seats. He eyes the woman curiously, looking for any indication of her role.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:03 pm UTC

Estee sits in one of the remaining chairs.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:24 pm UTC

The woman smiles warmly, and twelve or so monitors light up behind her, revealing that there is a nervous Orange clearance clone in the room as well, he looks like he'd really rather not be present.

The Monitors switch over to the green eye that represents Friend Computer and you hear his voice,
Greetings Troubleshooters, I notice that some of your uniforms are slightly DIRTY! Well, no matter, before you are assigned your mission, you must each be assigned position on the team, you will require: 1 Team leader, 1 Hygeine Officer, 1 Morale Officer and 1 Technician. DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR TEAM-MATES, COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO COOPERATION AND THENCE, SUCCESS!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm UTC

"I know a bit about robot repair, habitat maintenance, vehicle repair, I'm pretty good at just fixing things that have broken, so.. unless someone objects, I'll take the Technician spot." Estee says quietly.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:45 pm UTC

"I'm handy with a wrench myself as well. But I'll take the Morale Officer position. I'm a pretty good motivator too."
Loco smiles broadly and looks to the others awaiting response.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

grythyttan

Postby grythyttan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

Tim thinks for a little while and then speaks up:

"Personally, I don't particularly care what position I get. If loco is going to be Morale Officer and Estee is the technician I suppose I could be the Team leader, considering that my interactions with hygiene and cleanliness has been somewhat less than optimal so far."
Joy of Cooking was far less of an achievement than Thyme Cube discovery, for I have Cubed the Spice, with 4 simultaneous flavor types in 1 plant of Earth.
Spoiler:

Levi

Postby Levi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

"As the highest ranking officer, I believe team leader should be my job." Wolfe glares at Tim.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 am UTC

THEN IT IS SETTLED.
LOCO, YOU SHALL BE IN CHARGE OF MORALE, this involves handing out hapy pills when your team-mates look down, and giving them a good clip round the ear when they seem too happy!
ESTEE, YOU SHALL BE THE TEAM TECHNICIAN, you are in charge of who uses what equpment, and where and when, should anyone on the team use the equipment as opposed to regulation, I shall expect a full report from you at the debriefing.
WENTON, YOU SHALL BE HYGEINE OFFICER, Take this;

A Super Soaper, similar to the one used earlier drops out of a hatch on the ceiling and lands on Wenton's lap.
Use it when you feel it is just, should this team return filthy, dirty, or otherwise looking anything less than completly sharp, you will be responsible, and must explain yourself at the debriefing.
WOLFE, YOU SHALL BE THE TEAM LEADER, this is arguably the least important position. You will be the first questioned during the debriefing.

YOU ARE DISMISSED!

The female clone looks a little perturbed at this statement, and gestures for you to stay in your seats while she moves over to one of friend computer's terminals and engages in a hushed conversation

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Wenton looks slightly disappoint at the Super Soaper and whispers to the others in a sarcastic manner, "Yay, I get to wash you guys." He looks at the woman, "I wonder what they are talking about."

He strains to hear whatever he can from the woman's and Friend Computer's conversation.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 am UTC

At one point she hisses loudly, and it sounds like she might almost be saying "You have to give them a MISSION, or it's a little POINTLESS".

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:42 am UTC

"Now we have two soapers. We're gonna be the cleanest troubleshooters ever!"
Loco smiles and then whispers:
"What kind of mission do you think we'll get?"
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:07 am UTC

The woman whips around and advances on Loco, livid,
"You have an unauthorised Soaper?! We've been short on them for months!" She quivers with anger for a few moments, before quietly returning to the terminal and whispering to Friend Computer again, shortly afterwards Friend computer speaks again,
You are being sent to sub-level 6. There have been reports of an unidentifiable presence and a large influx of a new, robed secret society. Get down there, and put a stop to them, if you come across this... thing, whatever it is, put a stop to that as well. DISMISSED.

The room lights up proper and you can see that behind the now blank monitors are several tables covered in equipment, the woman smiles horribly at you, malice in her eyes and points to the nervous Green clearance clone,
"He is your assigned Quartermaster, his name is Bill-G-BOW-5. The clone flinches a little at the uncomfortably high number as the violet clearance clone sweeps out of the room majestically. He hurries to the tables and pulls out a small clipboard with an attached pen,
"Er... well, come on then, let's get you equipped..."

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 am UTC

Still a bit pale and shaken up after the woman's outburst, Loco walks over to the table.
"Hi. I'm Morale Officer Loco, I'll need the relevant equipment for a Morale Officer."

(edit: removed unnecessary quote)
Last edited by el_loco_avs on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 am UTC

(I'll post an explanation of proper combat resolution in the OOC thread, which will help put these pieces of equipment in context))
The Clone taps his hands on a medikit, apparently designed for use with the belt that accompanies your fetching red Overalls. He opens it and reveals that it is overwhelmingly full of various psychiatric medications, the largest being friendlily labeled "HAPPY PILLS". There is also some other medical equipment, including a couple of rolls of Gauze, but these supplies are dwarfed by the sheer number of pills filling up each compartment of the small box.
Also on the table is:
4 laser Pistols,
1 Laser Rifle (Similar to the pistols, but it uses more energy with each shot, and is easier to aim)
10 laser barrels (This is the ammunition, it runs from batteries, so you can get a few uses out of it when it's flat, it simply clips onto the front of the pistol itself, Red Clearance),
2 suits of Reflec armor (Red clearance, L4)
1 suit of Kevlar armor (B3)
3 Com 1's (Esentially Walkie Talkies)
1 weekcycle's worth of Rations.

There is also a Toolkit, similarly designed to the medikit for attachment onto standard uniform. Integrated into this is a Com 2, slightly more powerful than the Com 1's and capable of sustaining a transmission to Friend Computer, relaying transmissions from Com 1's over greater distance, etc. Bill hands these to Estee, along with a Multicorder (Essentially a video/audio recorder, it is always running and collects all sorts of information constantly, Friend Computer uses this to cross-examine clones during debriefing)
Bill nods at Wolfe,
"Everyone gets a pistol, since you're the leader, you decide who gets the rifle and the armor. Afraif we're running a little short..."
His eyes dart nervously around the room.

Levi

Postby Levi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:55 pm UTC

"Loco and Estee get the Reflec armor. Wenton, you get the rifle and the Ballistic armor." Wolfe passes out the gear.

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:24 pm UTC

"Understood, Cap'n." Wenton smiles and dons the armor. He picks up the rifle and aims around the room a bit, trying to get familiar with the weapon, eventually stopping playfully with the sight on Bill.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:31 pm UTC

Loco puts on the armor and walks to the table. He looks over the table and grabs the Medikit and puts it on his belt.

Then he hesitantly picks up one of the Laser Pistols and two barrels and one of the Com 1's.
Loco asks: "Hey guys, 2 barrels each and 4 for whoever is carrying the Rifle makes sense to me. Do you agree?" while trying to fit all the equipment on his uniform.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:34 pm UTC

Estee suits up with his assigned equipment. "Sounds acceptable." He then opens the toolkit and familiarizes himself with it's contents.

grythyttan

Postby grythyttan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 pm UTC

"Your math doesn't seem to be all that good. There are five of us if I'm counting right, and only 10 laser barrels. 2 each sounds like the way to go, for now anyway. I'm not particularly good with laser weapons so I'll try not to shoot anything unless it's an emergency. To conserve ammunition you know."

Tim picks up a gun and 2 laser barrels. then he looks at the com 1's, picks one up and turns to the others.

"Anyone mind if I carry one of these?"
Spoiler:

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 pm UTC

"Oops, my mistake. I'm fine with you having the Com, but... shouldn't we all have one?"
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:46 pm UTC

"We're short one. Perhaps that is why your math was in error. I know that's why mine was." Estee looks a little concerned.

"I suppose this means two of us will have to stick together at all times, even if we have to split up.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm UTC

((Um... That's kinda why I included the Com 2, so you wouldn't have to stick together. Estee is basically also the Communications officer, in that the com 2 works also works as a shortwave, it's just bigger and more versatile))
Bill sceams when the laser barrel is pointed at him and cowers underneath the table, gibbering slightly.

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 pm UTC

((Yes, but we still only have 4 coms total))

Wenton chuckles to himself as he picks up the rest of his gear. He speaks quietly to the group, "I wonder what the deal is with that woman. I mean, did you see the look on her face?"

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:13 am UTC

Bill picks himself up off the floor and rushes over to a door in the back of the room. He opens it frantically, disappears for a few seconds, then comes back in with another Com 1. He thrusts it at Wenton, almost shrieking,
"There! It's all I took I swear! Please don't shoot me!"

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:30 am UTC

Wenton takes the Com and stares at Bill in disbelief, "Yo... I didn't... What did..." He then lets out a hearty laugh, "Calm down, it was just a joke." He waits for a second to see if Friend Computer or the woman noticed.

((Nice save, Maseiken.))

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 am UTC

Estee stares at Bill for a moment. "Com issue's resolved."

He returns to familiarizing himself with the function of the Com 2.

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 am UTC

On second thought Wenton whips out his rifle, and shoots Bill in the head at point blank range. "Die you traitorous scum!"
He lets out a long manic laugh.

Levi

Postby Levi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:35 am UTC

"What is wrong with you?! You had no reason to shoot him!" Wolfe snatches the rifle. "I will be... carrying... this... from now on. You... will be under... close surveillance."

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:45 am UTC

"Ah, so you side with the traitor do you? Then you are as good as a traitor yourself."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 am UTC

"Er.. Wenton.. do.. you know something we don't?"

DonChubby

Postby DonChubby » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:22 am UTC

"Know something? The guy stole what was not his, and considering his rather high clone number, I conjecture that this wasn't the first time."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 am UTC

"Interesting."

Return to “Gaming”