Paranoia (IC)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 am UTC

"Hey guys? Anyone pay attention in biology class? I think this dude is missing some organs!"

Loco eats a happy pill and kneels next to the corpse and tries to sort the organs in an attempt to deduce what's missing.
"Let's see. Is there a heart...", Loco mutters to himself.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am UTC

The clone's chest seems to be fairly intact, however, closer inspection reveals that it is hollow, all that remains is the bones, muscles and skin that surround the cavity. The organs surrounding the clone are so jumbled that it would take some skill to identify them.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am UTC

Loco sees that he can't figure it out and gets up walking towards the others.

"Guys, this dead dude really has some organs missing. Can anyone figure out what? It might be important. They could be harvesting organs or something."
Loco grins nervously.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm UTC

Wolfe picks up the laser gun. He points it at a wall and pulls the trigger, just to make sure it doesn't work. "I doubt they're harvesting *dramatic pause* organs. If *dramatic pause* they *dramatic pause* wanted *dramatic pause* organs *dramatic pause* they *dramatic pause* would *dramatic pause* probably *dramatic pause* take *dramatic pause* them *dramatic pause* all." Wolfe peers at the dead clone. "Wenton *dramatic pause*, can I have that *dramatic pause* knife *dramatic pause* you showed me earlier?"

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

"Oh, yes of course. I had completely forgotten." Wenton gives the knife to Wolfe. He looks extremely uncomfortable "Dear Friend Computer this place is filthy." He shudders, "So, do we continue on, or shall we set up camp somewhere around here?"
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm UTC

"Maybe they just need specific organs? You never know."

Loco turns to regard Wenton. "Setting up a sort of base of operations sounds like a good idea. By the way, you look nervous; Happy pills could help you!"
Loco grabs a pill and holds it out on an open hand, smiling.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm UTC

"Nah, not nervous. Just... disgusted." Wenton takes the pill and downs it anyway.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:12 pm UTC

"We'll set up camp here *dramatic pause* for now. See if you can drag some trash in front of the entrance to make it smaller and easier to defend. Put some piles of trash over there-" Wolfe points to an area away and to the side of the entrance. "So that we'll have some cover if anyone gets through the doorway." Wolfe pulls out his com and starts pressing some buttons. "It doesn't seem to have any scanning capabilities. I'll have to examine this corpse *dramatic pause* the old-fashioned way." He cuts open the skull of the corpse and looks inside. "Perhaps they did something *dramatic pause* to his brain."

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 am UTC

((I assume you're setting up camp, if you want to do something in the night, PM it to me, most things won't be loud enough to wake anyone up, but there are a few obvious exceptions))

As far as you can tell, the brain is undamaged, however, the only pictures you've ever seen of this sort of thing were in a Docbot's office, and you weren't paying attention at the time, in any case, it is in one piece and still attached, the entire head, in fact, is fairly undamaged, or was, until you tore it open.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 am UTC

"Dear god, was that necessary?" Wenton asks Wolfe in an outraged tone, he leans up against the wall looking somewhat sick.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:59 am UTC

Loco hands Wenton another happy pill, smiling hopefully.


"I assume we'll keep watch in turns?"
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

"In pairs, I think." Estee plays with the bits of leftover cleaning droid, seeing if he can make something new out of them.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
grythyttan
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:46 pm UTC
Location: Hncwhxagykozzqlif azefkbtvw. Kjkd sb, ypwyw eg tdpm.
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby grythyttan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

Tim has been standing at the side, thinking, for a while. Suddenly he seems to have realized something and walks up to loco.

"Hey loco, didn't that weird doctor say something about not being sure if the Acid Spray Gun was really spraying acid and not some kind of healing liquid. You should test it a little bit on some piece of the dead person, just to be sure."
Joy of Cooking was far less of an achievement than Thyme Cube discovery, for I have Cubed the Spice, with 4 simultaneous flavor types in 1 plant of Earth.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:50 pm UTC

Wenton walks over to Loco and slightly grudgingly takes the pill and eats it.
"Oh yeah, great idea! Just keep ready with your guns, because if that thing comes alive..."
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm UTC

"Good idea!"

Loco walks over to the corpse and sprays it with the Acid Gun.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:48 pm UTC

The gloop sits on the corpse and steams a little, but it has no visible effect on the corpse itself.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am UTC

"Interesting. If it's the acid then it seems it's not very strong." Loco shrugs. "I guess we'll get another opportunity to test it soon, maybe some rats..."
Loco chuckles to himself.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:31 am UTC

"Quit dilly-dallying; let's move!" Wolfe pulls out his rifle and walks out the entrance.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am UTC

Loco readies the Probable Acid Gun and follows Wolfe.

"We'd best get a view of our surroundings down here."
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm UTC

"Indeed."

Estee follows the others, finally discarding the few parts of the cleaning bot he was playing with.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:57 pm UTC

You soon discover that the Atrium you are in is part of a network of similar rooms, they seem to stretch off in every direction. There are more corpses similar to the one in the first room, roughly one per Atrium it seems, and they're generally in a similar position. The density of such corpses increases towards the north, and decreases towards the south, where they eventually seem to stop completely. In both directions is a glow that seems to indicate some kind of fire, or possibly a firefight...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 pm UTC

"Oh, dear goodness me. I say we follow the bodies north. We better find the people, or things, which did this and just get it over with."
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:57 pm UTC

"There might *dramatic pause* allies the other way. There may be *dramatic pause* something fighting whatever's been disemboweling these people. We'll find out what's over there first." Wolfe steps over the bodies on his way.

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm UTC

Wenton shrugs, "Makes sense." He follows Wolfe.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 am UTC

((Dude, you can just use Ellipses))
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:03 am UTC

Estee examines his whirly thingamajigger as he walks along. "So.. I push this.. I think.. and .. maybe?"

"I may need to find an empty room to put this thing to an operations test."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am UTC

"Finding allies and some possible explanations first makes sense to me. And Estee.... put that away please..."

Loco follows Wolfe and Wenton, looking back worriedly at Estee's weapon.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:50 pm UTC

Eventually you come to a room strewn with bodies, as you enter, you see one of the Robed clones coming from the other direction, he is aware of you as he enters, and raises his arms dramatically, a glowing force from the nearby corpses surrounds him as he speaks these words,

"Nos es non extraneus delecto
Vos teneo sceptrum ita operor ego
A plenus trado est quis EGO sum reputo
Vos non adepto is ex alius vir"


Any shots you fire into the glowing force fizzle away into nothing as the clonespupils grow, eventually covering his eyes in their darkness. The room crackles with unnatural energies, lightning arcs across several of the bodies, and one or two begin to stir as the clone raises his arms to the ceiling, yelling the next portion of his dirge at the top of his lungs,

"Nunquam iens addo vos sursum!
Nunquam iens ut permissum vos exsisto frustror!
Nunquam iens ut volito inter quod solitudo vos!
Nunquam iens facio vos vox!
Nunquam iens loquor bonus!
Nunquam iens ut dico a recubo quod vulnero vos!"


At this, you hear a great bang, and he retreats as the glow around him fades. Unfortunately, this is due to it's being spread around the room, settling on various corpses. Corpses that stand up and face you, groaning gently and reaching their arms towards you, the glow extends to the room from which you have just come, and into a few surrounding you, and you can see that it has had a similar effect in these rooms.

Luckily the rooms themselves are still quite large, and there are only about 20 corpses in each, but they are all advancing slowly towards you, as the robed clone flees towards the north, where you can see that the glow you saw earlier was from a campfire, if he reached his comrades, there's no telling what they could throw at you!
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

Estee grins. "You guys follow him. I've got these... things."

He pulls out his Splatterotron do-hickey. "This will either be extremely stupid.. or extremely awesome!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm UTC

"Yes, just wait till we're... uh, out of range. Now, let's see if this thing works." He aims the Smarter-Upper right at his temple, making sure to hold down the switch. "Here goes nothing." He closes his eyes and pulls the trigger.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

Wolfe turns to face one of the approaching corpses and puts down his rifle. "We mean you no harm! Do you understand me?" Then he whispers to Wenton. "Feel any smarter?"

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 pm UTC

Loco tries to look unthreatening and slowly backs away.

"We mean no harm!"

Loco reaches for some happy pills.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

Estee starts to grin as he gently runs a finger across the activation button. "Hurry up, guys. Get running after that man."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 pm UTC

((Hint: you have one more action before combat starts))
The walking corpses (henceforth referred to as 'Zombies") take no notice of your words and shuffle closer... and closer...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 pm UTC

"Yes I do captain. No time to explain, aim for their heads, nothing else will help." Wenton gets ready to run, still holding on to his gun. He looks at the zombies nearest him, "Aw, you're so cute, how could anyone not love you?" A loving smile escapes his otherwise disgusted look.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Levi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am UTC

Wolfe quickly grabs his rifle from the floor."Tim, stay with Estee and fight your way through the corpses *dramatic pause* in the other direction. Wenton *dramatic pause*, follow me!" He chases after the strange person, feeling vaguely annoyed by the dirge. He also shoots at the zombies' heads with his pistol.

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby DonChubby » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 am UTC

Wenton looks confusedly between Loco and Wolfe running off, after a couple of seconds he shrugs. "You'll just have to figure out what to do on your own," He yells, already running as fast as he can to catch up with Wolfe.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 am UTC

"...well, maybe I can aim it, right?"

Estee activates the Kill-o-matic 9000.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby Maseiken » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 am UTC

Whirling blades and spikesfill the room, the noise is unbearable and they seem to be moving almost too fast for the human eye to see! There seems to be no order to their movements, yet somehow, not a single blade has struck you. Or Tim for that matter. Slowly, the noise dies down, and the blades lower far enough for you to see that...







...The zombies are also completely unaffected. Sure is one effective safety device!
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: Paranoia (IC)

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 am UTC

Loco attempts to shoot the Possible Acid Gun towards the nearest zombie's head while following Wolfe.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests