Left 4 Dead: 2!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Re: Left 4 Dead: 2!

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:09 pm UTC

He does make some good points...but the point of having a chainsaw is that you WANT the horde of zombies to run at you...cause what else are you going to chop up into little bits while laughing like a madman?

I can only kill Gojoe so much.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 am UTC

headprogrammingczar wrote:Jahoclave is hilarious though, so all is forgiven.

Hilarity aside, I was making a valid point. A chainsaw is a terrible weapon to be using. If it's all you got, be my guest. But you won't be seeing me let a chainsaw wielding maniac into my party come Z-Day. Some people, can't be bothered to so much as glance at the Zombie Survival Guide. Sure, Brooks got some shit wrong, but nothing that has any affect on the book's purpose. I'm just trying to save lives here. :wink:

Crucial: I don't believe we've met. I'm Jahoclave, the fora's dedicated sarcasm man.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 am UTC

Its rough, because chainsaws are frowned upon in most zombie manuals, but because of the rule of cool,chainsaws = good. What I'm trying to say is that in most entertainment media, chainsaws are 4x more effective because they are chainsaws.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:01 am UTC

Jebobek wrote:Its rough, because chainsaws are frowned upon in most zombie manuals, but because of the rule of cool,chainsaws = good. What I'm trying to say is that in most entertainment media, chainsaws are 4x more effective because they are chainsaws.

They're also apparently extremely good at getting an inefficient shitty regulatory agency to be in charge of banks. All the other agencies' heads stood their with garden sheer things, this guy had the chainsaw. Welcome to the story of America's financial collapse. Sure, the chainsaw looks sweet, but you'll be fucked over harder for using it.

Suck on that, Jahoclave has real world analogies for why chainsaws are bad for a zombie apocalypse. :wink:

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:35 am UTC

Well, in L4D most of the time the zombies know where you are anyway. You know, what with all the screaming and all that
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:52 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:Well, in L4D most of the time the zombies know where you are anyway. You know, what with all the screaming and all that

Yet they still seem to be only a minor annoyance in that, they don't drop dead quick enough to get out of my way. I've developed a strategy of a one man wrecking crew surrounded by three fleshy things I'm not supposed to shoot.

tommclaughlan

Postby tommclaughlan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:49 pm UTC

L4D2, from what I've read (in PC Gamer UK), will have quite a few cool improvements.

As I understand, there is more of a 'getting to know the characters' element. There might be other groups of survivors that you encounter as you are trying to get wherever it is you are going. I believe the military makes a bigger appearance too.

On top of that, the damage towards the infected appears to have changed, so you can shoot the limbs off and they'll still be coming at you until you deliver a lethal blow.

All in all it seems like more content than DLC usually is, but too little new content for it to be called a sequel.

If it releases with a price of £25, then I'll be waiting for it to drop to at most the £15-18 range.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Valve gives interview about L4D2 and all the people complaining

Basically, they say "We're awesome aren't we? Trust us! People were bitching about buying Half-Life 2 again in The Orange Box, and look how that one turned out"

ajbleck

Postby ajbleck » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:31 pm UTC

Some people have made some good arguments about l4d2 and some pretty stupid ones. One of the best ones i have seen though is
what if instead of releasing all the DLC for Team Fortress 2 valve packaged it all together and sold it as Team Fortress 3 last december.
I feel this is exactly what valve or whoever the publisher for the xbox is. is doing.

Personally i don't care anymore i will get it once the price drops or i get a discount for having the original. But i will never pay full price for this game.
"Android Hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance." GLaDOS
ImageImage

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

I wonder what they'll call the eventual L4D4

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:30 pm UTC

Two things.
1) I trust them. I will be buying this game. If it was some random devloper with a one hit wonder, I would not. But I trust this team with my life.

2)
crucialityfactor wrote:He does make some good points...but the point of having a chainsaw is that you WANT the horde of zombies to run at you...cause what else are you going to chop up into little bits while laughing like a madman?

Speaking of which, you up for a game on my week off starting tomorrow?
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:41 am UTC

Also, I want to see this written somewhere. "NO SURVIVOR IS SAFE FROM ZOMBIE TED!"

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:04 am UTC

Zombie technology, entertainment, design?
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:07 am UTC

aion7 wrote:Zombie technology, entertainment, design?

Or a man who once went by the name Chicago.

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm UTC

I got the reference; I was just making a bad joke.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
headprogrammingczar wrote:Jahoclave is hilarious though, so all is forgiven.

Hilarity aside, I was making a valid point. A chainsaw is a terrible weapon to be using. If it's all you got, be my guest. But you won't be seeing me let a chainsaw wielding maniac into my party come Z-Day. Some people, can't be bothered to so much as glance at the Zombie Survival Guide. Sure, Brooks got some shit wrong, but nothing that has any affect on the book's purpose. I'm just trying to save lives here. :wink:

Crucial: I don't believe we've met. I'm Jahoclave, the fora's dedicated sarcasm man.

I knew what you were referencing, and yes irl I would not wield a chainsaw, an axe and a crowbar are both much more useful...it wasn't until later that I realized your tone. :oops:
Gojoe wrote:Two things.
1) I trust them. I will be buying this game. If it was some random devloper with a one hit wonder, I would not. But I trust this team with my life.

2)
crucialityfactor wrote:He does make some good points...but the point of having a chainsaw is that you WANT the horde of zombies to run at you...cause what else are you going to chop up into little bits while laughing like a madman?

Speaking of which, you up for a game on my week off starting tomorrow?

Sure am!

If anyone else wants to join us on 360, just friend me:

RaptorAttack49

or Gojoe:

Carved_of_wood

Also make sure to send Gojoe lots of annoying voice messages.

Return to “Gaming”