Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

legopelle

Re: Minecraft

Postby legopelle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:17 pm UTC

phlip wrote:
legopelle wrote:If you haven't, you should give hMod a go. It's extremely simple and have modular plugins for everything: anti-griefing, train enhancements, low orbit ion cannon, pvp, etc, etc.

hMod doesn't exist any more... it hasn't been updated since MC 1.1, the lead dev has left, and the other devs are working on its relacement, Bukkit, which is still a bit flakey, but seems to work well enough. Many hMod plugins have been ported across.

Really? How did I miss that? To be honest, I haven't been playing much the last months due to school work.
Never mind me, then... :wink:
The Reaper wrote:I'm still fine with people having reactors, and still against them weaponizing the leftovers.

Walter Bishop wrote:Why would anyone kill a scientist? What have we ever done?

Dr. Willpower

Postby Dr. Willpower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 pm UTC

psion wrote:Well I think I can keep my server running without much issue. I don't play minecraft too often, so if you guys want my server to run Rippy's world, stay the same, something else, not at all... I don't mind. I figured I'd provide the service since you've seemed to have trouble with a stable server. Let me know what you guys want.

I vote for keeping it as is, but only because I've been working on a mine and some buildings.
Hat me, bro

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm UTC

my vote is for Rippy's world. I was just completing the ground floor of my Atlantian Palace!
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

Endless Mike

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm UTC

Notch being interviewed in the park.

http://yfrog.com/h2cpwfwj

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 am UTC

Missed a golden opportunity to have them all vigorously punching the ground.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 am UTC

The Utilitarian wrote:my vote is for Rippy's world. I was just completing the ground floor of my Atlantian Palace!

I would second that. I'm really keen on completing Narnia. I've started work on constructing the keep. Going to have to punch a lot of sheep though.

neverender

Postby neverender » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 am UTC

rippy's world has more progress but i think people have spread out too far, it's getting laggy as hell and the initial load is measured in minutes sometimes for me. if psion's server is better maybe we can migrate the world to his server?

that's said i started a glass pyramid over a bay of ice on rippy's server

and a staging area for new spawners near the spawn point on psion's server, gonna build a look out tower behind it on the lake and then a hanging structure in the valley nearby

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 pm UTC

neverender wrote:rippy's world has more progress but i think people have spread out too far, it's getting laggy as hell and the initial load is measured in minutes sometimes for me. if psion's server is better maybe we can migrate the world to his server?

that's said i started a glass pyramid over a bay of ice on rippy's server

and a staging area for new spawners near the spawn point on psion's server, gonna build a look out tower behind it on the lake and then a hanging structure in the valley nearby

The lag is due to my shitty Canadian internet, not due to the map size.

I've all but stopped playing, so I don't have a vote one way or the other. Keep in mind that if psion sticks to his fresh world, I can still send my map to whoever wants it.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

Send me the details on your map, I'll get it up somewhere and provide the IP for connectivity and suchlike.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:26 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Send me the details on your map, I'll get it up somewhere and provide the IP for connectivity and suchlike.

Hurry for SexyTalon! I've been missing the chance to get some solid work done on my aquatic city ^_^

Levi

Postby Levi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:23 am UTC

Woo, craftbook has been updated! Or at least some of it. Enough for me to use pumpkins/jackolanterns to make an epilepsy house.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Send me the details on your map, I'll get it up somewhere and provide the IP for connectivity and suchlike.

I'll do so sometime after work. Actually if it's small enough to attach to a post here I'll just do that so that anyone who wants to can grab it.

Edit: Here it is, my world folder as of 4AM this morning

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:17 am UTC

I love the world psion, its got a ton of places with some awesome cliffs to build from and put lava but we were wondering if we could possibly vote on whether or not to change the difficulty on it so that there would be creepers. But thank you for the reliable server its truly amazing to be able to actually melee something and kill it lol.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Cloud Walker

Postby Cloud Walker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 am UTC

SirBryghtside wrote:I only recently got into Minecraft, but I just wanted to share this awesome LP:

http://www.urealms.com/minecraft/minecraft1.html

It's only got 2 episodes so far, but it's hilarious XD

Anybody else been following this? Still only 4 episodes, but it's incredibly entertaining and funny.
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. - Amelia Burr

I make pretty pictures!: Photography & Video Production

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm UTC

Last I checked there was only two. Glad to hear there's more :D
Ⓞⓞ◯

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:32 pm UTC

My work so far only consists of a hole in the ground that would make hobbits mock me and a little underwater glass area so I'll just join wherever you guys set up :)
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:I love the world psion, its got a ton of places with some awesome cliffs to build from and put lava but we were wondering if we could possibly vote on whether or not to change the difficulty on it so that there would be creepers. But thank you for the reliable server its truly amazing to be able to actually melee something and kill it lol.

It is kinda unfortunate that peaceful mode ends up meaning no access to monster dropped components. How will I make my dispencers?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 pm UTC

Loot Dungeons, Collect Bows & String?

Edit: Rippy's server is up and running on my server, no mods.

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

216.135.68.115:25565

PM me with any issues and/or mod requests, and I'll see what I can do.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:49 pm UTC

Cool. server is nice and responsive. and part of my roof was missing for some reason... i may have been in the middle of modifications?
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 am UTC

Funny felt that rippy's was more responsive than secondtalon's

perhaps its my connection.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

walkerm930

Postby walkerm930 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 am UTC

May i suggest the acquisition of a domain name? (there are plenty of free ones or DynDNS if you need it)
Strings of words are much easier to associate with something than numbers.
In the gospel according to trig there are 3 primary rules: sin θ = x/h , cos θ = y/h and tan θ = x/y. These rules are not open to interpretation and are to be treated as law.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 am UTC

All I know, chunk loading is a little annoyingly slow.

Dr. Willpower

Postby Dr. Willpower » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Loot Dungeons, Collect Bows & String?

Spoiler:

Your server spawns all mobs whereas Rippy's only spawned peaceful ones. Also maybe an op or two would be nice. I was trapped in a cave at the bottom of a mine directly below the spawn chunk. I couldn't get out. I found a corner (luckily) where I could modify some blocks, and proceeded to mine stone by hand until I made it to the surface.
Hat me, bro

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:40 am UTC

Dr. Willpower wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Loot Dungeons, Collect Bows & String?

Spoiler:

Your server spawns all mobs whereas Rippy's only spawned peaceful ones. Also maybe an op or two would be nice. I was trapped in a cave at the bottom of a mine directly below the spawn chunk. I couldn't get out. I found a corner (luckily) where I could modify some blocks, and proceeded to mine stone by hand until I made it to the surface.

rippy's server had aggressive mobs.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dr. Willpower

Postby Dr. Willpower » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 am UTC

My mistake.
Hat me, bro

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 am UTC

Ok, so rippy's server is no longer in use right?
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 am UTC

mieulium wrote:Funny felt that rippy's was more responsive than SexyTalon's

perhaps its my connection.

Where are you currently? Perth, or Singapore?

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 am UTC

Perth.

"OBJECTION!"

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:03 pm UTC

SecondTalon server seemed slower for me. I am in New Jersey in the united states, tring to get on at 10:00 est

i have been playing minecraft on and off lately. I feel weirder playing it now
these are words
type, type, type

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm UTC

Hm.. without knowing where Rippy's server was, geographically speaking, I'm not sure why Perth and New Jersey would be noticeably slower than before. I'll check with the host, dig through the firewall logs, see what's what.

As far as Ops and such go, who had POWAH on Rippy's server?

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 am UTC

I don't know how I keep getting myself into these projects that require sixteen tonnes of excavation. In other news, folks should totally stop by psion's server and check stuff out, qwert's got an amazing rail system going that can take you to all the cool stuff.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

I. FOUND. DIAMOND.

Words cannot express how happy I am right now. I went to the nether, hit a zombie pig into the lava for lulz, and then got attacked by his friends. Cue running back to the Portal as fast as I could... and then being blown up by a Ghast :P
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

uncivlengr

Postby uncivlengr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm UTC

The Utilitarian wrote:I don't know how I keep getting myself into these projects that require sixteen tonnes of excavation.
yeah after playing on a friend's personal server for a while with full op benefits and access to all blocks, I can't say I have a lot of patience for attempting massive creative projects on a survival server. There might be some satisfaction in saying you spent hours mining out a bunch of blocks before you built anything, but I don't buy into the notion that effort equals value. Just think of the things you could create if you didn't need to spend that time watching a pickaxe swing back and forth!
I don't know what to do for you

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

uncivlengr wrote:
The Utilitarian wrote:I don't know how I keep getting myself into these projects that require sixteen tonnes of excavation.
yeah after playing on a friend's personal server for a while with full op benefits and access to all blocks, I can't say I have a lot of patience for attempting massive creative projects on a survival server. There might be some satisfaction in saying you spent hours mining out a bunch of blocks before you built anything, but I don't buy into the notion that effort equals value. Just think of the things you could create if you didn't need to spend that time watching a pickaxe swing back and forth!

I dunno I find large projects lose their value on creative servers in multiplayer. I mean, in single player sure you build something big in creative and go "wow cool, ok I'm done", but making something big in multiplayer is about showing it off to all your mates. When it's survival mode there's just a better appreciation for what it took to make those impressive things. For instance,psion's theqwert's rail system on his server wouldn't seem nearly so impressive if I wasn't aware of the continent's worth of iron he had to find and use to make it.

*edited*
Last edited by The Utilitarian on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

psion

Postby psion » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:19 pm UTC

Just to be clear, theqwert had built the rail system.

Cloud Walker

Postby Cloud Walker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 am UTC

I hear ya. I'm not complaining, though; nothing shall stop my vision from coming to be! I'm also sure to do it with minimal damage to the surrounding country.
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. - Amelia Burr

I make pretty pictures!: Photography & Video Production

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 am UTC

psion wrote:Just to be clear, theqwert had built the rail system.

zomg you're totally right. I knew that. /stupid going back and editing. Thanks!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

Map of Rippy's Moved Server can be found here. I've constructed an airship and shoved crap inside it. Feel free to take what you want, I'll just make more.

The command at the bow should also work for everyone... the host I'm using has multicraft, which kinda plays with the standard commands, so rather than /time, the command's /settime.

For the record.

(In case you have no idea what I'm jabbering about - anyone should be able to type "/settime set 0" and reset the clock to dawn)

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:32 pm UTC

Or stand atop a craggy rock outcrop and change day into night HAHAHAHAHAHA
Ⓞⓞ◯

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Wow, they really went way the hell out there and got lava happy. Though, it's really weird seeing Narnia from a top down view.

Return to “Gaming”