Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Re: Minecraft

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 am UTC

Yes, I have audiomod. I think the sound problem has to do with the fact that the video I was following fucked up something with the sound. I thought I understood the mistake and so did what I thought the video said was the correction, but apparently it wasn't. So I think I now need a new minecraft>resources>mod folder.

Edit: Alright, so the Aether is indeed pretty cool. However, it seems to me like there are just too many damn new things. Many of them are more or less "This is the aether version of a regular minecraft block/item. It differs only slightly or not at all except in texture." Still, I was pretty happy with my bronze dungeon experience, and once I get used to things it'll probably be better. Sound would probably also improve things.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 pm UTC

D': Did I do something wrong? I was just on the server and when I typed list it didnt show up anything and then it disconnected me saying kicked by admin. :( What did I do?
Also I am starting to think that brick is like super strong.
Last edited by Scallel on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:42 pm UTC

list?!

How dare you.

Edit:
Screenshots of the new mob have been released. There's an article about them on the wiki. They look creepy.

Also, it looks like one of them is holding a block.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:18 pm UTC

What if they arent a combat mob but a support mob? Like they build castles and dungeons and other scary things for the rest of the scary people?! Im excited now.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm UTC

I will end them!

Scallel

Postby Scallel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm UTC

Im guessing there is some kind of Robo-Admin thats been telling me I do not have access to this server, its really mean! It kicked me while i was in a minecart in the nether and now im stuck on the roof. And i cant kill myself cause ive got all my bricks with me.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:Im guessing there is some kind of Robo-Admin thats been telling me I do not have access to this server, its really mean! It kicked me while i was in a minecart in the nether and now im stuck on the roof. And i cant kill myself cause ive got all my bricks with me.

Great, now your minecart is going to be in my way!

Scallel

Postby Scallel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:20 pm UTC

So im trapped in the hell on top of hell where I cant even die, and you're worried about a mine cart getting in your way? Yeah sounds about our speed.
Also can anyone explain whats up with the server? Its been leaving me messages and telling me things and kicking me and its starting to hurt my feelings.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:04 am UTC

Scallel wrote:So im trapped in the hell on top of hell where I cant even die, and you're worried about a mine cart getting in your way? Yeah sounds about our speed.
Also can anyone explain whats up with the server? Its been leaving me messages and telling me things and kicking me and its starting to hurt my feelings.

Multicraft is a jerk! :( It's doing it to me as well.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
Scallel wrote:So im trapped in the hell on top of hell where I cant even die, and you're worried about a mine cart getting in your way? Yeah sounds about our speed.

Multicraft is a jerk! :( It's doing it to me as well.

And me too. I almost cried just now because i died and respawned and it kicked me and i did abit of a spasmy dance. I finally got my items back and now theres this epic lag.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 am UTC

We must exorcise the demon!

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:15 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:We must exorcise the demon!

Vigorously!!!!

It's giving me the same error message and kicking me every few minutes.

When I get a chance to log into the control panel I'll try to see what's going on, it might be a Multicraft thing, so far googling has not shed any light on the issue.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:23 pm UTC

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is going on.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 pm UTC

I'm currently trying to set up an elevator using pistons and blue aercloud blocks (bouncy blocks). you walk into a shallow pit with aercloud, which flings you up 18 or so blocks. when you walked into the pit, you stepped on a pressure plate. after a delay, while you're at the peak of your trajectory, a piston with another cloud block pops out, shooting you up 16 more blocks. that's easy enough, but I'm trying to get it so that you can select a floor which will extend a solid platform for you instead. Which means the most complex system I've built up until now. I'll probably put up pictures or a video later.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm UTC

All I know is she whispers things to me in the darkness.

I think she wants my kidney.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

Josephine: have several different pressure plates to land on. Each one sends a signal along a separate wire up to the pistons with the bouncy blocks. And each wire ends in a different piston. Each of the end pistons has a non-bouncy block and is level with a floor. That way you choose whoch floor you land on based on which pressure plate you land on.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

big boss

Middle Earth Minecraft Style

Postby big boss » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 am UTC

Middle Earth

Watch the video its pretty astounding at what these guys made. They used minecraft to make a replica of Middle Earth, not just the Shire or Rivendell but the entire damn thing, literally everything. The level of detail is unbelievable. Apparently it would take at least 7 hours to traverse and probably days to explore.

I know theres a Minecraft thread but I think this deserves its own thread due to its awesomeness. And you would be wrong. -ST

Edit: Link to the teams website
Apparently you can join and help them build and even build your own house in the world. I always wanted to live in the Shire...
"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothing but the Rain."

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 am UTC

So... it says that it's around 1:3 or 1:4 scale, yet Moria is 6 hours away from a point near Bree... which would make it 24 hours or less away at full scale... clearly some of the math is a little wrong.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

nehpest

Postby nehpest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 am UTC

It doesn't completely fix the problem, but in Minecraft you can move at full speed constantly, without ever tiring. Also, in MC doesn't the PC move at like 3 or 4 m/s? That's pretty quick to begin with, no?

/idlespeculation
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 am UTC

Yeah, minecraft walking speed is about 4.27 m/s (according to the wiki), while average real life walking speed is about 1.4 m/s.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:17 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Yeah, minecraft walking speed is about 4.27 m/s (according to the wiki), while average real life walking speed is about 1.4 m/s.

I WILL DO IT! I AM SUPER WALKER SOUTH DAKOTA RANGER!

And I may be losing it.

Scallel

Postby Scallel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 am UTC

*sigh* So I guess I cant play until the server is exorcised, considering im trapped with too much stuff to even consider /kill. So someone make sure to send me a pm once its officially been exorcised. Oh and to tell me when either monkey or blal would be able to teleport me down

yays and thank yous
-Scallel
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 pm UTC

legopelle wrote:Would it be possible to whitelist me? I think I tried to connect in the olden days without whitelist, but I never got it to work. This time it explicitly stated "not on whitelist", so my hopes are up.

nick: legopelle

I don't think anyone can vouch for me. :(

Spoiler'd for asking to much:
Spoiler:
My fiends (the only i really play with locally) are:
Nordahn
Arata_daichi
monsterkort

Could they be whitelisted too? I take full responsibility of course. :mrgreen:

You're whitelisted based on you forum membership, and you friends are based on you vouching for them.

Have Fun!

P.S. The server is still sending nasty messages like "You do not have access to this server" and kicking people after several minutes. Just ignore them and relogin.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:*sigh* So I guess I cant play until the server is exorcised, considering im trapped with too much stuff to even consider /kill. So someone make sure to send me a pm once its officially been exorcised. Oh and to tell me when either monkey or blal would be able to teleport me down

yays and thank yous
-Scallel

PM me with some times you can be logged in over the next few days (include your time zone please) and we'll figure out when I can TP you out.

The web control panel does not seem to be connected to the actual minecraft server at this time so I suspect someone with physical access to the server needs to threaten it with a splitting maul and holy water Mountain Dew to complete the exorcism.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm UTC

ST's server is a bukkit server, right?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:ST's server is a bukkit server, right?

Usually, yes.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:

Usually, yes.

Give me a day or two, and I may have a plugin fix for that issue of being on top of the nether.
EDIT: I have a base spawning plugin made for a start.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23927457/Nethertopfix.jar

Commands are /sns for setting nether spawn, and /ns for going to that point.

EDIT2: Bukkit Plugin Thread here
EDIT3: Updated to v1.0.1 at 2300 UTC.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 am UTC

Well, since I fail and tried to patch minecraft for a texture pack, which proceeded to remove all the aether blocks I had built the machine with, and had already saved when I alt-f4'd out, I decided to start a new world. And now I have a reason to build the elevator. I'm building a massive tower that spans all three worlds. the calculation for what portal you use is chunk based, so I can have a portal at the top of the nether that comes out at the bottom of the overworld, and the same with overworld/aether. Basically, at the border there won't be any windows in the tower, and so it's effectively just another doorway. It means I can build a tower 384 blocks high.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:

Usually, yes.

Give me a day or two, and I may have a plugin fix for that issue of being on top of the nether.

Sweet. As soon as FTP access and the control panel disconnection issue (Couldn't get log:Can't connect to Minecraft bridge) are fixed I'll attempt to install it. I've never installed a Bukkit plugin before but the process seems rather simple, basically I just drop the jar into the plugins directory and restart the server a couple of times, correct?

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

blalobw wrote:
_infina_ wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:

Usually, yes.

Sweet. As soon as FTP access and the control panel disconnection issue (Couldn't get log:Can't connect to Minecraft bridge) are fixed I'll attempt to install it. I've never installed a Bukkit plugin before but the process seems rather simple, basically I just drop the jar into the plugins directory and restart the server a couple of times, correct?

or just drop it in and /reload.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm UTC

And the server problem appears to be fixed now!

The nethertopfix is now installed and running with a sensible nether spawn point set.

Now all that remains is for Scallel to try it out as our first lab rat test subject volunteer. B^)

Thanks for making the fix, that should help out quite a bit!

There are other plugins in the plugin directory, is the reason they don't load is that they probably are outdated?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:40 pm UTC

blalobw wrote:And the server problem appears to be fixed now!
Maybe!
There are other plugins in the plugin directory, is the reason they don't load is that they probably are outdated?
Probably!

Zorlin

Postby Zorlin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:59 pm UTC

I'm building a 52,000 block project. Legit in SMP.

Oh god.
Mysterious wizard rabbit of unknown proportions.

Check out #xkcd-hugs movie night! Watch movies with your fellow xkcdians.

Meaux_Pas wrote:You're all mad.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm UTC

blalobw wrote:And the server problem appears to be fixed now!

The nethertopfix is now installed and running with a sensible nether spawn point set.

Now all that remains is for Scallel to try it out as our first lab rat test subject volunteer. B^)

Thanks for making the fix, that should help out quite a bit!

I have updated again, with a new feature. Now it will generate a config.yml with the property "Allowed:" Setting it to false will teleport the player to spawn point the instant they are above the bedrock in the nether. the link will always be the same.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm UTC

Zorlin wrote:I'm building a 52,000 block project. Legit in SMP.

Oh god.

Any more info on this?

Zorlin

Postby Zorlin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 pm UTC

Windowlicker wrote:
Zorlin wrote:I'm building a 52,000 block project. Legit in SMP.

Oh god.

Any more info on this?

Soon! I might post a couple of teasers here though ;)

Alright, here you go, in lovely 1018p:

Note: Not even half-done yet. Anyone trying to guess the building can die in a fire, I want it to be a surprise! :P

But to give some details, I've got an entire double-chest filled with stacks of 64 charcoal (which was a BITCH to collect), enough glass to complete the project (though due to a creeper I might be down by like 18 at this point) and basically enough of everything except cobblestone. Which I'm making en masse using a cobblestone generator. :)
Mysterious wizard rabbit of unknown proportions.

Check out #xkcd-hugs movie night! Watch movies with your fellow xkcdians.

Meaux_Pas wrote:You're all mad.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:I have updated again, with a new feature. Now it will generate a config.yml with the property "Allowed:" Setting it to false will teleport the player to spawn point the instant they are above the bedrock in the nether. the link will always be the same.

The new one is in there now, and Allowed = false.

We are still awaiting a test of this system.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm UTC

Whitelist Update

Code: Select all

cadiac
legopelle
chibbell
expotential
logansch
nordahn
amishdmeon
mr_roosevelt
walkerm930
ganalef
skydivingyeti
xanthir
fouriuosman
cjdrum
nbonaparte
stanley1996
_infina_
predator_freeman
dthen
mieulium
surgicalsteel
monsterkort
themonkey1000
ulharvutha
tgservers
cazador0
weirdscott
antiorb
scallel
secondtalon
blalobw
neixs
thecommabandit
jestingrabbit
arata_daichi
zimm66
theamazingrando
gatchaman
gorbash84
swordbreaker
jahoclave
magnanimous_xkcd

I need to go back through the last few pages of posts to see if I missed anyone.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:34 am UTC

blalobw wrote:Whitelist Update

I need to go back through the last few pages of posts to see if I missed anyone.

Which server is that for, again, and is it Peaceful or not? (I'm looking for a non-Peaceful multiplayer server for when I get back to my good computer in, oh, 5 days)
Last edited by Kain on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:38 am UTC

It's ST's server. Non-peaceful, but liberal use of settime doesn't seem to be frowned upon.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Return to “Gaming”