Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Re: Minecraft

Postby eculc » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:The basically-finished Pandora City communarium: (I'm considering switching the dirt for something.)

I suggest glass, or maybe bricks if people don't want it to be transparent.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 am UTC

The Chicken pond/auto roaster is hooked up to thecanal system and eggs actually make it all the way to the end!

Was there still going to be a reception center for storage minecarts at the communarium?

A few additional notes:

The darn lazy chickens don't produce eggs unless there's someone near them, if you're not seeing eggs that is the most likely reason.

The central collection point is at X= -16269 Z= -7719. This is 150 meters from the chicken auto-roaster as the taxi drives. (followers of Pythagorous please check your hypotenuse at the door.) Eggs persist 10-15 seconds, so any item source should be built at 150 meters or closer. (Again, the canals are strictly N/S and E/W, those capable of higher math need to dial it back to first grade.)

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:34 am UTC

I... I was... I was so close. The End was almost here. I was preparing. And then Mojang decides to update. Bullocks.
Well guess I've got to wait a lot longer to slay the End Dragon. What I get for ignoring the puzzles and intelligent locks and brute forcing through it.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 am UTC

I have the xkcd SCIENCE partially setup. I am working on getting a subdomain for it, and the proper plugins. Permissions will be set up so that there are three or four groups: Mods(and maybe an admin group), Trusted Users, and New Users. Trusted users will have worldedit access, as well as to any other science-y plugin I find, and everyone will be able to switch their mode. A white-list will be used, so I will ask those that want to join in on the ground floor of this server to PM me their MC username. I will start with giving the first ten to do so a chance to be a Mod on the server. (note: server is 1.1)
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 am UTC

I'm back! And yes, we will indeed have a cart system for the communarium. If anything, I'll use it, because nobody really knows how much stuff I send down my lava hole...
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:15 pm UTC

Those who have PMed me have been added to the white-list. You can currently connect at 109.169.70.145:58008 to begin testing. I have not elevated anyone yet. I will do so after you have done something nice on the server. blal, you can pick and choose your MCUN.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 pm UTC

Apparently Mojang isn't intelligent enough not to take down their updating mechanism for their SOPA protest.

This sucks. Isn't there some other way?

EDIT: Huh, it works. Odd. Scratch that comment.

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:05 pm UTC

Hmm, I am getting an internal server error on the science server. Is anyone else having that problem?
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

I can get in and out fine. I'm too scared to start going underground, though...

Maybe try a jar file redownload?

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 pm UTC

Ah well, I'll try to get back on after classes. I left some iron in that furnace, if you could make shears and get some beds made that would be excellent (I think you might have to go to the other side of spawn to find sheep, too many pigs in our area).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

Sorry, but i dont really want to do excessive track back but... whats the SCIENCE server? And is the Pandorean City the new city near the stronghold? Have you guys conquered the dragon? I'm so far behind... Have been restricted from my computer by parents. ):
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm UTC

We wondered where you went!

The science server is a new one by infina, it's supposed to be for creative-mode-purposes like experiments and testing stuff. Probably less safe for building or playing normal minecraft, because, well, it's for mad science. Pandora is a new city... actually, if you're online, you should get someone to take you there. Or I shall return to that server in a moment.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm UTC

Kain wrote:Hmm, I am getting an internal server error on the science server. Is anyone else having that problem?

You are sending some bad packets, causing an exception.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:59 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:
Kain wrote:Hmm, I am getting an internal server error on the science server. Is anyone else having that problem?

You are sending some bad packets, causing an exception.

Odd, not sure how that happened. Whatever, I'll just make a new .minecraft folder, see if that helps.

Edit: nope.
This is kinda odd, I was getting on fine at first. Lets see, what was happening when I got booted? In game: two spiders were attacking me, I was either hitting them or throwing a seed at them, don't quite remember, and I think I may have been crossing the barrier into the spawn protected area. Out of game? Nothing that I noticed...
Guess it is time for a virus scan!

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 pm UTC

mieulium wrote:Sorry, but i dont really want to do excessive track back but... whats the SCIENCE server? And is the Pandorean City the new city near the stronghold? Have you guys conquered the dragon? I'm so far behind... Have been restricted from my computer by parents. ):

1. As Steax stated, new test-y server courtesy Infina.
2. Go waaaaaaaaaaay north on the map. You'll know it when you see it.
3. No one's figured out the password yet. :wink:

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 pm UTC

Hmm, when I switch over to 1.0.0, I can get on the survival server just fine, yet even when I made an entirely new .minecraft folder I still got the internal server error when trying to go back on the science server. This is quite disappointing, it was quite fun there.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 pm UTC

The science server is 1.1
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm UTC

Indeed. Perhaps I should have clarified: When I make a new .minecraft folder, what I do is rename the current one .minecraft(temp) or whatever (when I can actually get it to let me keep the .), then go to the site and download a new copy (which will of course be the most recent version). Of course, with the SOPA blackout today, I had to boot it from the offline version. Maybe that is the issue? (It still seems to be 1.1)

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:11 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
mieulium wrote:Sorry, but i dont really want to do excessive track back but... whats the SCIENCE server? And is the Pandorean City the new city near the stronghold? Have you guys conquered the dragon? I'm so far behind... Have been restricted from my computer by parents. ):

3. No one's figured out the password yet. :wink:

Ahem. did you said something about a password?
I could go in and slay the dragon, but I have no interest for the egg/xp/achievement. I'll let Scall do all the hard work.

2012-01-18_16.59.04.png

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 am UTC

has anyone claimed this small island west of Pandora? if not then is now claimed by me.
Capture2.PNG

seriously, what has Monkey been up to?

Capture.PNG

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 am UTC

So are we officially using solar directions now? (So the Tectonicus map's compass is rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise?) I've been saying Pandora is north of spawn, but I could go with west.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 am UTC

On infinas server I just got a connection timed out. Am I responsible for the first crash by trying to herd mooshrooms?
these are words
type, type, type

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 am UTC

scienceroboticspunk wrote:On infinas server I just got a connection timed out. Am I responsible for the first crash by trying to herd mooshrooms?

looks fine...
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:03 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:
scienceroboticspunk wrote:On infinas server I just got a connection timed out. Am I responsible for the first crash by trying to herd mooshrooms?

looks fine...

Hmm. I get connection lost, end of stream whenever I try.
I am in central new jersey, USA if that makes any difference.
these are words
type, type, type

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:04 am UTC

north or west I could care less, but lets just stick to one to minimize confusion. what would you guys rather go by? tectonics map or solar?

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 am UTC

Kiid, that is the island I mentioned we should make into a national park/ reserve/ whatever last week.
Of course, I have already pretty much given up on the idea (and may or may not have found some better places for it), so I have no objections to you using it.
Though I reserve the right to use that harbor on the solar south for some ... defense applications.

I think you got what I got. Steax and I hadn't even gotten a bed up yet, and I go and crash myself out of the server (apparently out of the world, judging from what I see when I try and log in).
In my defense, I was considering making myself the professor of temporal studies, so I suppose it is appropriate I am stuck in limbo. Also works well with my enderman skin.

How is the science server progressing? I presume there are some actual shelters/farms now? (Subsisting on apples is amusing, but not convenient)
Last edited by Kain on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

MrMonkey

Postby MrMonkey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 am UTC

tHe_kiiD wrote:north or west I could care less, but lets just stick to one to minimize confusion. what would you guys rather go by? tectonics map or solar?

There's a block at (0,0) in the world with some signs, that sets N/S/E/W, which I set my bearings by. It corresponds with the Tectonicus map.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 am UTC

I too cannot get on the science server. I want to quickly get a station model for use in pandora.

And, um, you mean, the status of the science server, chris? Lets just say that... a deity.. kinda attempted some terraforming... and carved a slightly larger hole than planned. Not that it mattered, but... yeah. It's got the 'science' bit now.

EDIT: Infina, do you have any sort of blocking? If yes, I may need to send you my IP ranges. =/

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:31 am UTC

Steax wrote:I too cannot get on the science server. I want to quickly get a station model for use in pandora.

And, um, you mean, the status of the science server, chris? Lets just say that... a deity.. kinda attempted some terraforming... and carved a slightly larger hole than planned. Not that it mattered, but... yeah. It's got the 'science' bit now.

EDIT: Infina, do you have any sort of blocking? If yes, I may need to send you my IP ranges. =/

Protip: worldedit has a limiter function. Use it (.25million's more or less a limit for solid blocks. Much less for liquids).

Please tell me you didn't cheat for that end gate.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 am UTC

It was controllable, and we needed the space anyway, right, blalobw? /grins

And I had nothing to do with that End gate (and probably wouldn't join an expedition to kill it if offered, since latency + move stuff = impossible to hit).

/me waits for the science server to return so I can get back to my terribly terrible shenanigans

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:26 am UTC

MrMonkey wrote:
tHe_kiiD wrote:north or west I could care less, but lets just stick to one to minimize confusion. what would you guys rather go by? tectonics map or solar?

There's a block at (0,0) in the world with some signs, that sets N/S/E/W, which I set my bearings by. It corresponds with the Tectonicus map.

I'd rather use this. This world is already pretty crazy, the sun should set in the north. :P

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 am UTC

I will henceforth declare the sun to rise in the duck and set in the goose. Facing the sunrise direction, looking left is towards the bark and right is to the poo. That is all.

Also, I really only have 1 reason at this point for wanting the main server to go 1.1:

2012-01-19_16.33.26.png
More bloom! More bloom! Also, placing images with captions centered gives a very cracked feel. Geddit?

Chaoszerom
Like stale dumplings for breakfast

Postby Chaoszerom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am UTC

Looks like I might be claiming DESERT ISLAND as my new home, after an examination as to its suitability. Not sure about the size, but we shall see!

We
Shall
SEE.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:38 am UTC

Steax wrote:I will henceforth declare the sun to rise in the duck and set in the goose. Facing the sunrise direction, looking left is towards the bark and right is to the poo. That is all.

Also, I really only have 1 reason at this point for wanting the main server to go 1.1:

2012-01-19_16.33.26.png

Beaches are back!!!!

Oh BTW, the server seemed just fine after my 360000 block worldedit vaporization, there shouldn't be any reason for a giant hole to cause long-term destabilization, should there? (Unless by "deity" you meant the generic "anyone with op" and someone else attempted a vigourous restructuring of the world?)

As far as directions go now that official Mojang directions and solar directions coincide I would kinda expect that eventually most mapping utilities will go to using solar/mojang directions as the default. (They're also easier to use and to communicate to others and less likely to get me lost IRL.)
Last edited by blalobw on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 am UTC

Nah, that was a joke. Are you able to get on the server, though?

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 am UTC

Steax wrote:Nah, that was a joke. Are you able to get on the server, though?

No, darnit! And I've just came up with a flat-pack smoothstone generator I want to use to upgrade my trampoline to a full fledged self-repairing monument maker.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am UTC

I also want to try a new cart dispenser model that should remove the need for deathtrap cart columns. If my calculations plan out, and we can collectively iron out the kinks together, we can get the system to reliably track the position of any particular cart on the rail.

Guess we shall wait for infina!

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 pm UTC

Steax wrote:I also want to try a new cart dispenser model that should remove the need for deathtrap cart columns. If my calculations plan out, and we can collectively iron out the kinks together, we can get the system to reliably track the position of any particular cart on the rail.

Guess we shall wait for infina!

How's the new cart dispenser work? That sounds pretty neat.

On my home server I put together a small scale (volume about 20k blocks) version of the mob farm for pandora with OK results. One thing that souldn't be surprising is that I got no drops from endermen, even though it ought to be tall enough for them. Accordingly I'm going to drop the ceoling height to allow for more floors and therefore more non-endermen hostile mobs.

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm UTC

Chaoszerom wrote:Looks like I might be claiming DESERT ISLAND as my new home, after an examination as to its suitability. Not sure about the size, but we shall see!

We
Shall
SEE.

It is plenty large enough, trust me. Just make sure you don't kill any of the villagers. Sandyston (Sandyton?) falls under my jurisdiction, and there are 11 persons of interest there I have yet to lock up in a gulag...

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

SCIENCE is back up. Permissions may be working properly.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Return to “Gaming”