Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

bluejello

Re: Minecraft

Postby bluejello » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:20 pm UTC

just need some people to say they want to play, and are available for a bit, and I will get the server set up. (because it is white list and not open) then post the IP here. Any paticular adventure or just any? I am thinking secrets of paragon island first, but we could do sea of flames 2 if you wanted a super-hostile map.

Will start in a hourish or earlyer if everyone is ready.
Last edited by bluejello on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:26 pm UTC

Username: JakeStiles
I'm up for any of the maps.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Dampening

Postby Dampening » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:27 pm UTC

Username: secl4

Ditto, sounds like fun :)

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:35 pm UTC

Secrets of Paragon is up.

IP is three.adventurelobbies.com:25565
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:05 pm UTC

Aww man, I would have liked to have joined in as well (username ChrisPKale) but I was busy rock climbing... are you planning on doing another one after this?
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 pm UTC

That was fun. Will do another later. Not today for me though.

Edit: We found 3 iron ingots, made an iron pick, and went to town on some diamond blocks that we definitely weren't supposed to mess with. Can anyone say full diamond armor? :D

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 am UTC

well, redstone torches seem to of died in the server, or just in the chunk my redstone torches are in.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 am UTC

bluejello wrote:well, redstone torches seem to of died in the server, or just in the chunk my redstone torches are in.

I just checked one of my tricky doors, and it cycled through once just fine.

Edit: but now they're broken, from torch burnout
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Kain

Postby Kain » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 pm UTC

Yeah, redstone has been pretty wonky. Trying to teach someone how to make a mob crusher while redstone isn't working != trivial.

Also, I could have sworn I hit submit on an edit to my last post that said something like the following "Belay that, can't get on minecraft until wednesday night/thursday morning." (While I actually can get on, the lag from this computer or this internet connection makes it rather worthless).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:36 pm UTC

Kain wrote:Yeah, redstone has been pretty wonky. Trying to teach someone how to make a mob crusher while redstone isn't working != trivial.

Also, I could have sworn I hit submit on an edit to my last post that said something like the following "Belay that, can't get on minecraft until wednesday night/thursday morning." (While I actually can get on, the lag from this computer or this internet connection makes it rather worthless).

It atleast worked explaining it for me. =)
Then when I made it full scale it worked... Somehow, guess it was slow enough for it not to burn out.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:34 pm UTC

Well, my setup for the redstone torch is a pressure plate attached to it, to retract a piston. A simple, fairly slow, redstone circut. However whenever the redstone torch is turned off it WOULD NOT turn on... I did not try moving it from the block though...

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm UTC

bluejello wrote:Well, my setup for the redstone torch is a pressure plate attached to it, to retract a piston. A simple, fairly slow, redstone circut. However whenever the redstone torch is turned off it WOULD NOT turn on... I did not try moving it from the block though...

Even after removing and replacing the torch?

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Even after removing and replacing the torch?

yes, several times.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 am UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:
bluejello wrote:well, redstone torches seem to of died in the server, or just in the chunk my redstone torches are in.

I tried rebooting the server this morning and your furnacearium (sp?) door worked great three times in a row.

The fourth time...not so well.

Anyway, if it failed in a self destructive manner I'll reimburse you for any lost materials. Sorry.

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:22 am UTC

blalobw wrote:
jestingrabbit wrote:

I tried rebooting the server this morning and your furnacearium (sp?) door worked great three times in a row.

Anyway, if it failed in a self destructive manner I'll reimburse you for any lost materials. Sorry.

No, its okay, it doesn't fail destructively. The mushroom house ones... that's another story.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:
blalobw wrote:
jestingrabbit wrote:

No, its okay, it doesn't fail destructively. The mushroom house ones... that's another story.

I am truly glad that I didn't accidentally self-destruct your mushroom house.

Melic

Postby Melic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 pm UTC

I have a 3 by 1 door with like a 10 second delay that for a while stoped working because one torch would "burn out" I wasnt sure if it was because it was right next to a furnace I used alot and maybe the lighting from the furnace was messing it up but I rotated the furnace and put in a easy access to that torch and havnt had problems in a couple months, also havnt played a hole lot in the last couple months.
They call me Mr. Piman

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 pm UTC

Melic wrote:I have a 3 by 1 door with like a 10 second delay that for a while stoped working because one torch would "burn out" I wasnt sure if it was because it was right next to a furnace I used alot and maybe the lighting from the furnace was messing it up but I rotated the furnace and put in a easy access to that torch and havnt had problems in a couple months, also havnt played a hole lot in the last couple months.

Torch burnout is not caused by light level, but if a torch is toggled many times in a short period, to prevent lag I believe. Probably SMP glitchyness.

walkerm930

Postby walkerm930 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm UTC

It's there in SMP too, and it doesn't even have to be 1 tick pulses. A two tick clock will do it for sure and I'm not sure about a 3 tick one.
In the gospel according to trig there are 3 primary rules: sin θ = x/h , cos θ = y/h and tan θ = x/y. These rules are not open to interpretation and are to be treated as law.

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 am UTC

Just enchanted a diamond pick and received silk touch, efficiency 4, and unbreaking 3. I'm selling said pick for X stacks of green wool and X stacks of lime wool. Start the bidding.

If there's no interest, I'll be building an ice house once 1.3 comes out. :D

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 am UTC

I'm in the desert village by Pandora. Is anyone else out here? Anyone managing the place, or can I take over?

Are there any cows out here?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I'm in the desert village by Pandora. Is anyone else out here? Anyone managing the place, or can I take over?

May have killed those... Sorry. But I have some mooshroom, you could take two and shear them.

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I'm in the desert village by Pandora. Is anyone else out here? Anyone managing the place, or can I take over?

Well, I wouldn't say I've been "managing" the desert village so much as "forcibly relocating villagers by train to populate my Golem farm work camp"

Just follow the rails from the village if you want to have a look... but please don't let any of the villagers escape. I think I'm going to have to install an airlock style door system. The single piston one I'm using right now is highly insecure.

Yes, I am now minecraft Stalin.

On the plus side, if it works: free xp and iron!
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:02 am UTC

The Utilitarian wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say I've been "managing" the desert village so much as "forcibly relocating villagers by train to populate my Golem farm work camp"

Just follow the rails from the village if you want to have a look... but please don't let any of the villagers escape. I think I'm going to have to install an airlock style door system. The single piston one I'm using right now is highly insecure.

You don't get xp from golems... But it'll be free roses instead! :D

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:11 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:
The Utilitarian wrote:

You don't get xp from golems... But it'll be free roses instead! :D

That's how you know they love you, they "give" you free roses.

On redstone...

Four tick clocks should be stable, but they arn't.

There is the possibility that the excess golems in pandora are messing things up by using too much cpu. This is just a vague and unsupported hypothesis, but I'm going to test it anyway. (wait a minute, that's what you're supposed to do with a hypothesis!!)

EDIT: Experiment result!

Spoiler:

As you can see I went waaaay far away to insure that there were no golems in loaded chunks.

If there is a safe length for a clock it is unreasonably long. Piston clocks which do not use toggling torches do not appear to fail, even very fast one appear to be reliable.

Oh BTW, the first player to reach this experiment site gains an enchanted treasure to share. Cheers!

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 pm UTC

Spoiler:
ImageHi blal!
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:
Spoiler:

Hi blal!

Howdy!!

Ok, I did a bunch of looking around in the nether and found no trace of your passage. You didn't do that in the overworld, did you? :shock:

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm UTC

blalobw wrote:
_infina_ wrote:
Spoiler:

Hi blal!

Howdy!!

Ok, I did a bunch of looking around in the nether and found no trace of your passage. You didn't do that in the overworld, did you? :shock:

yep, I was already at -36000, 0 ish.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 pm UTC

So emachine and I finished the outer structure of the Pandora City Hall today, all that's left is the interior and some landscape work near it. If anyone wants to check it out, it's down the road past the cathedral.

Also, can someone whitelist my other brother? His username is slacker4life200.

EDIT: I finished with one of the wings and all 4 staircases. I'll definitely need to do some lighting work, but it's coming together. The wing I finished has office-type rooms on the bottom and a courthouse on the second floor. It's not as grand as Roos' nether one, but it works.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:00 pm UTC

Slacker4life200 is now on the whitelist!

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:53 pm UTC

@wam: with the help of some creepers, I've messed up some of your railway station, in particular, some of the redstone under the bridges is now messed up. Feel free to take whatever you need to fix it from the mushroom house.

RoberII

Postby RoberII » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm UTC

Since I will soon be leaving the server for good (I'm buying a boat and living aboard it!) I'll be giving away half for a big-ass spleef championship, and the other half I will to whomever comes up with the funniest idea for a way to let you guys battle it out. I have some 14ish blocks of diamond.

Sounds good?
IcedT wrote:Also, this raises the important question of whether or not dinosaurs were delicious.

I write poetry!

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:@wam: with the help of some creepers, I've messed up some of your railway station, in particular, some of the redstone under the bridges is now messed up. Feel free to take whatever you need to fix it from the mushroom house.

Erm I may be being blind but I can't see the damage?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 pm UTC

RoberII wrote:Since I will soon be leaving the server for good (I'm buying a boat and living aboard it!) I'll be giving away half for a big-ass spleef championship, and the other half I will to whomever comes up with the funniest idea for a way to let you guys battle it out. I have some 14ish blocks of diamond.

Sounds good?

I'm in but it's sad that you're going to leave, why(you don't have to answer if you don't want)?
...I'm totally in a sad mode watching guude boulderfists latest vid (319) and liking like 30-40 comments. :(

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm UTC

RoberII wrote:Since I will soon be leaving the server for good (I'm buying a boat and living aboard it!) I'll be giving away half for a big-ass spleef championship, and the other half I will to whomever comes up with the funniest idea for a way to let you guys battle it out. I have some 14ish blocks of diamond.

Sounds good?

Funniest way? Have everyone riding saddled pigs. Also, have fun on the boat!

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm UTC

Snark wrote:

Sounds good?

Funniest way? Have everyone riding saddled pigs. Also, have fun on the boat!

No, no. The funniest way is to do minecart pig jousting. (You ride a saddled pig in a minecart and shoot bows at the other players)

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 pm UTC

Floor made of cacti.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 pm UTC

Arena floor is made of wood with wooden pressure plates connected to TNT underneath. Hilarity ensues.

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 am UTC

wam wrote:
jestingrabbit wrote:@wam: with the help of some creepers, I've messed up some of your railway station, in particular, some of the redstone under the bridges is now messed up. Feel free to take whatever you need to fix it from the mushroom house.

Its most easily accessible via your private space, though there's also a way to sort of fall in if you're on the river bank, under the bridge nearest my place. If you spot the chest with "oops" in front of it, you've found it.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:42 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:
wam wrote:

Its most easily accessible via your private space, though there's also a way to sort of fall in if you're on the river bank, under the bridge nearest my place. If you spot the chest with "oops" in front of it, you've found it.

Found it now, that was just a testing ground for my combination lock. Nothing important.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Return to “Gaming”