Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm UTC

Yeah, I ran into the other day. Cavern was under a primary area of travel so it was almost always loaded. So many mushrooms! I'd hate to see the badger population they support.

User avatar
The Utilitarian
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 am UTC
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Minecraft

Postby The Utilitarian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 pm UTC

Yea the combination of persistent multiplayer servers with a general lack of need to harvest mushrooms means they're really taking over the nether.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

User avatar
Xanthir
My HERO!!!
Posts: 5426
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am UTC
Location: The Googleplex
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Xanthir » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 pm UTC

They need to spawn only when the number of shrooms in the chunk is below some small threshold.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Roosevelt » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 am UTC

Hey, Roosevelt here.

So I think ST's server got hit by a greifer. There's a bunch of random damage along Blal's 1k railroad, and a stack of TNT I kept at the airport (as well as most of the airport) is gone.

I think (but ain't sure) I know who did it, but more importantly, would it be possible/OK to do a partial rollback to fix the damage?

User avatar
The Utilitarian
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 am UTC
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Minecraft

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 am UTC

So someone on Psion's server is sabotaging onezerotwo and my project's. Keep punching glass sections out of our floors so people fall to their deaths. Stop it. We're not a part of any of the stupid prank wars everyone else is playing on the server.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 am UTC

And all wars on other servers are arbitrated by Mr. Roosevelt!

User avatar
Feylias
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Feylias » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:56 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:And all wars on other servers are arbitrated by Mr. Roosevelt!


And instigated by Scallel! ^_^

I also support the rollback of the server to pre-griefer (and an IP-ban for the dumb kid, 'natch; I understand he also thefted gold and jewels from Narnia.)

Which means that I shouldn't spend time re-arranging terrain if it may get rolled back. So, I'll do other things. Like maybe that study I've been putting off.

(Addicted? I only look at the xkcd.png map and this forum obsessively when I can't play but want to. That's mere interest, right?)

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:48 am UTC

Feylias wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:And all wars on other servers are arbitrated by Mr. Roosevelt!


And instigated by Scallel! ^_^

I also support the rollback of the server to pre-griefer (and an IP-ban for the dumb kid, 'natch; I understand he also thefted gold and jewels from Narnia.)

Which means that I shouldn't spend time re-arranging terrain if it may get rolled back. So, I'll do other things. Like maybe that study I've been putting off.

(Addicted? I only look at the xkcd.png map and this forum obsessively when I can't play but want to. That's mere interest, right?)

HE WHAT?! WHAT!

Well, apparently he only nicked diamond and a bit of gold. I could be a bit more upset about the diamond, but I did nick that from ST's ship to start with. However, this sets me back a whole six gold bars!

I would support the rollback, but I've gotten an awful lot of work done on Narnia. I would be willing, if the materials could be spawned in to help do the repairs on the railroad. But if the airport got destroyed, then go ahead.

F'ing griefer would attack the day I get a shitton of work done. :(

I herby also support a white list.
Last edited by Jahoclave on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Feylias
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Feylias » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 am UTC

So, traveling through my single-player server, I've learned a few things:

One, if your computer isn't fast enough, you can travel anywhere safely at night with this update: the computer is so busy loading the new sections of the map it doesn't have time to generate mobs? Or something; I walked/swam 3000m, then spent an entire day/night cycle in one place waiting for mobs. They never came. I gave up and jumped in lava.

Two: you can place a bed even at sky level. ...but don't place it on glass. You can respawn at sky level, but you can't respawn on glass.

Three: We need more reasons to travel; after you've gone a certain distance, you've seen everything. The rest is just adding distance. ...though I suppose if you were collecting clay or pumpkins, that'd be a good reason to travel.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Roosevelt » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
Feylias wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:And all wars on other servers are arbitrated by Mr. Roosevelt!


And instigated by Scallel! ^_^

I also support the rollback of the server to pre-griefer (and an IP-ban for the dumb kid, 'natch; I understand he also thefted gold and jewels from Narnia.)

Which means that I shouldn't spend time re-arranging terrain if it may get rolled back. So, I'll do other things. Like maybe that study I've been putting off.

(Addicted? I only look at the xkcd.png map and this forum obsessively when I can't play but want to. That's mere interest, right?)

HE WHAT?! WHAT!

Well, apparently he only nicked diamond and a bit of gold. I could be a bit more upset about the diamond, but I did nick that from ST's ship to start with. However, this sets me back a whole six gold bars!

I would support the rollback, but I've gotten an awful lot of work done on Narnia. I would be willing, if the materials could be spawned in to help do the repairs on the railroad. But if the airport got destroyed, then go ahead.

F'ing griefer would attack the day I get a shitton of work done. :(

I herby also support a white list.


The runways are still there. Now I'm kinda glad I wasted a weekend casting obsidian. :)

But yeah, the terminal building has more or less vanished and there's a lovely crater surrounding what's left of the control tower. If a rollback would be too inconvenient and/or impossible I could be able to fix the damage, but we're looking at a lot of labor either way.

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:
Feylias wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:And all wars on other servers are arbitrated by Mr. Roosevelt!


And instigated by Scallel! ^_^

I also support the rollback of the server to pre-griefer (and an IP-ban for the dumb kid, 'natch; I understand he also thefted gold and jewels from Narnia.)

Which means that I shouldn't spend time re-arranging terrain if it may get rolled back. So, I'll do other things. Like maybe that study I've been putting off.

(Addicted? I only look at the xkcd.png map and this forum obsessively when I can't play but want to. That's mere interest, right?)

HE WHAT?! WHAT!

Well, apparently he only nicked diamond and a bit of gold. I could be a bit more upset about the diamond, but I did nick that from ST's ship to start with. However, this sets me back a whole six gold bars!

I would support the rollback, but I've gotten an awful lot of work done on Narnia. I would be willing, if the materials could be spawned in to help do the repairs on the railroad. But if the airport got destroyed, then go ahead.

F'ing griefer would attack the day I get a shitton of work done. :(

I herby also support a white list.


The runways are still there. Now I'm kinda glad I wasted a weekend casting obsidian. :)

But yeah, the terminal building has more or less vanished and there's a lovely crater surrounding what's left of the control tower. If a rollback would be too inconvenient and/or impossible I could be able to fix the damage, but we're looking at a lot of labor either way.

Well, I'm willing to help repair if it's needed. Also, I'm willing to road trip to, how should we put this? Ensure the future success of humanity as a species through acts of increasing civic awareness.

I honestly do not understand what sort of enjoyment they get out of doing these sorts of things.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm UTC

So yeah, I don't actually have a good backup at the moment. Not one that isn't either from last night or from about a month ago.

So fuck it, whitelist. Using just people I recognize.

Spoiler:
blalobw
TheMonkey1000
Scallel
Jahoclave
predator_freeman
Mr_Roosevelt
thecommabandit
Magnanimous_xkcd
SecondTalon
TheAmazingRando
I miss anyone?

And who had what stolen? What was destroyed?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Xanthir
My HERO!!!
Posts: 5426
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am UTC
Location: The Googleplex
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Xanthir » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm UTC

Me? "Xanthir". I haven't been on in quite a while, but I keep intending to.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm UTC

Added. Current whitelist
Spoiler:
blalobw
TheMonkey1000
Scallel
Jahoclave
predator_freeman
Mr_Roosevelt
thecommabandit
Magnanimous_xkcd
SecondTalon
TheAmazingRando
Xanthir
FouriuosMan
swordbreaker
mieulium



Map updated as well.

And for the record, if you're not on the whitelist, Imma need you to get someone who is on that list I posted earlier to vouch for you. Because I don't want to deal with this bullshit again.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

nacmacfeegle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm UTC
Location: Scotland

Re: Minecraft

Postby nacmacfeegle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm UTC

hey guys, i tried to get back on the server today, but it says i am not white listed.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

So yeah, in digging through the log, the last players to connect before the Griefing reports started showing up in the textchat are nacmacfeegle, weirdscott, and Cazador0.

Cazador0 and weirdscott have been on the server before. And alone before. Still wouldn't mind talking to Cazador0 about it, though. Not making an accusation, just pointing out the facts as I find them.

(ProTip : Even if you're alone, if you see something strange, talk about it in chat. I can read it later)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

nacmacfeegle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm UTC
Location: Scotland

Re: Minecraft

Postby nacmacfeegle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm UTC

....griefing... i didnt grief anything

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:37 pm UTC

I lost, from what I can tell. A full set of diamond armor. A few blocks of diamond--which I got from the ship anyways--and around 30ish diamonds by themselves. And, 8ish bars of gold. I know it was less than 9 because then it would have been a block.

Also, I'll begin repairs to the 1000km railway today.

Edit: Aside from a redstone torch and the go button at the coliseum repairs are pretty much complete. At the very least you shouldn't fall off and die.
Last edited by Jahoclave on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
walkerm930
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 am UTC
Location: Canada: Ontario: Toronto

Re: Minecraft

Postby walkerm930 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

I was on the server when it was still rippy's (like right at the beginning) but haven't been on it in a while though i may sometime in the future
In the gospel according to trig there are 3 primary rules: sin θ = x/h , cos θ = y/h and tan θ = x/y. These rules are not open to interpretation and are to be treated as law.

scienceroboticspunk
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:21 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(or in NJ, USA)

Re: Minecraft

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 pm UTC

just a question, can i get added to the whitelist? weirdscott
I know i have been on the server for a while, I hope I do not seem like a griefer
these are words
type, type, type

User avatar
CombustibleLemons
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: In Your computer. go on check.

Re: Minecraft

Postby CombustibleLemons » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 pm UTC

white list pl0x? ign is amishdmeon. blalow and i believe Roosevelt can verify I'm not a greifer if need be.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

Amishdemon wrote:white list pl0x? ign is amishdmeon. blalow and i believe Roosevelt can verify I'm not a greifer if need be.

Ditto: or at least, all the times I've seen you on things haven't been massively blown up.

And I do remember a walker something playing on the server way back in the day.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Minecraft

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 pm UTC

Griefers are lame. D= I can help rebuild... after tomorrow night, at least. I still have a final to prepare for.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Minecraft

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 pm UTC

THAT IS SO COOL. We'll finally have proper floodgates.

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Minecraft

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm UTC

Pistons appear to push pistons. I hope so. This is going to rock so hard.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Minecraft

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Pistons appear to push pistons. I hope so. This is going to rock so hard.

I wonder if they can push minecarts between rails...

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:Pistons appear to push pistons. I hope so. This is going to rock so hard.

I wonder if they can push minecarts between rails...

Minecarts are entities, and pistons can't push entities, so no is what I would say. You might be able to move tracks, though.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:THAT IS SO COOL. We'll finally have proper floodgates.

Indeed, and the ability to make monstrosities rise from the deep!

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:44 pm UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby blalobw » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 pm UTC

amishdmeon and wierdscott are both cool, I'll vouch for them. I haven't been playing here long enough to know walker though, sorry.

User avatar
Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 am UTC

And in other news, 1000km railway repaired and ready for travel once more.

Scallel
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 pm UTC
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Re: Minecraft

Postby Scallel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:51 am UTC

Oh and someone tell monkey the next time anyone sees him: the idea of using track to connect the things in the nether wont work because the ghast fireballs break the rails and i dont want to make my walkways into tunnels. So another idea, is that i build a 1km railway tunnel in the nether out of cobble, and then you lay rails.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 am UTC

Scallel wrote:Oh and someone tell monkey the next time anyone sees him: the idea of using track to connect the things in the nether wont work because the ghast fireballs break the rails and i dont want to make my walkways into tunnels. So another idea, is that i build a 1km railway tunnel in the nether out of cobble, and then you lay rails.


You could always just put a level or two of glass on the sides of the rail. If I recall, ghasts won't shoot through it and you get to maintain your nice vistas.

Also, I think lulzsec might be up for round two. Can't seem to connect to minecraft.

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: Minecraft

Postby frogman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 am UTC

1000km is pretty long for a railway.
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:24 am UTC

Sexytalon, can I get on your whitelist so I can play there when I don't want to play on mine?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:40 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
Scallel wrote:Oh and someone tell monkey the next time anyone sees him: the idea of using track to connect the things in the nether wont work because the ghast fireballs break the rails and i dont want to make my walkways into tunnels. So another idea, is that i build a 1km railway tunnel in the nether out of cobble, and then you lay rails.


You could always just put a level or two of glass on the sides of the rail. If I recall, ghasts won't shoot through it and you get to maintain your nice vistas.

Also, I think lulzsec might be up for round two. Can't seem to connect to minecraft.

It was Tobias doing maintenance. Back up now.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Minecraft

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
Scallel wrote:Oh and someone tell monkey the next time anyone sees him: the idea of using track to connect the things in the nether wont work because the ghast fireballs break the rails and i dont want to make my walkways into tunnels. So another idea, is that i build a 1km railway tunnel in the nether out of cobble, and then you lay rails.


You could always just put a level or two of glass on the sides of the rail. If I recall, ghasts won't shoot through it and you get to maintain your nice vistas.

Eh... Glass isn't quite the same as open walkways. I see where Scallel's coming from. There should definitely be a covered rail system in the nether, though.

User avatar
Xanthir
My HERO!!!
Posts: 5426
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am UTC
Location: The Googleplex
Contact:

Re: Minecraft

Postby Xanthir » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:45 am UTC

Put the railway tunnel *under* the open walkway.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Minecraft

Postby Josephine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 am UTC

ST, can I get whitelist? I've been thinking about popping in. nbonaparte
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Minecraft

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:30 am UTC

Xanthir wrote:Put the railway tunnel *under* the open walkway.

... That'd be kind of hard, since there's a sea of lava right underneath the walkway. Not impossible, but hard.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests