Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Re: Minecraft

Postby Scallel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:I'll let you know when that is. As it stands, currently we're in the mining process.

I feel mining isnt good enough of a term. More blasting the earth away down to the bedrock. With tnt. And if we could ever get them organized, super creepers!
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:I'll let you know when that is. As it stands, currently we're in the mining process.

I feel mining isnt good enough of a term. More blasting the earth away down to the bedrock. With tnt. And if we could ever get them organized, super creepers!

I know, we're currently in negotiations with the creeper union.

Well, there is a reason it's called a bombing range.

Also, I'm currently using Doku.

WarDaft

Re: Minecraft Mining Efficiency

Postby WarDaft » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

The best possible solely digging strategy is highly spaced out tunnels with 1x1x4 windows off to the sides every 6 or so blocks down the tunnel. This is because overlapped partial reveals of the same blocks (that is, blocks which could be indicated to have diamond indirectly based on blocks you have seen) from two different tunnels is a waste of time and tool uses.

From above, it would look something like this:

Code: Select all

With your main tunnels 3 high to assist with navigation, as a suggestion. 1 high tunnels are easiest to dig at face height obviously. I cannot assert that this is the perfect set of ratios, but you get the idea.

Yes, you can miss deposits with this method. And that would actually matter if the world was practically distinguishable from infinite in resource availability.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

phlip wrote:stuff

Analysis like this was probably sensible before caves, but even then, dirt and gravel also probably pushes you towards greater efficiency.

Regardless, you need diamonds for two-hit-kill swords, and if you end up with inferior iron because you were unlucky or something, it'd suck. Also, if you want to have easily transportable obsidian, then you'll need diamonds for that too. For such a marginal potential gain, it makes more sense to just use stone imo.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:
phlip wrote:stuff

Analysis like this was probably sensible before caves, but even then, dirt and gravel also probably pushes you towards greater efficiency.

Regardless, you need diamonds for two-hit-kill swords, and if you end up with inferior iron because you were unlucky or something, it'd suck. Also, if you want to have easily transportable obsidian, then you'll need diamonds for that too. For such a marginal potential gain, it makes more sense to just use stone imo.

...why not just use iron? Stone is too slow.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Also, if you want to have easily transportable obsidian, then you'll need diamonds for that too. For such a marginal potential gain, it makes more sense to just use stone imo.
Hm? I just use iron (buckets) for all of my obsidian needs, but I suppose that assumes you never make a mistake.
I mostly post over at LessWrong now.

Avatar from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, owned by Hasbro.

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:30 am UTC

So Mr. Scallel please list your skills.
Well I'm really good with lava, and have an outstanding knowledge of how the portal system works. And i am a master at profiting from crashes.
Well good, are there any negatives with you?
I crash. A lot.
What do you mean?
I mean with my portal work and huge projects, i cause a lot of crashes.
Oh dear, well why should we let you be on our server then?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Because your nice?
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:29 am UTC

Vaniver wrote:
jestingrabbit wrote:Also, if you want to have easily transportable obsidian, then you'll need diamonds for that too. For such a marginal potential gain, it makes more sense to just use stone imo.
Hm? I just use iron (buckets) for all of my obsidian needs, but I suppose that assumes you never make a mistake.

I thought this might come up...
Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 6.24.01 PM.png

I've built both the interlocked tori in the middle of the screenshot, and the ellipsoid in the background. They took about the same amount of lava/obsidian blocks to build ie a chest of 64 stacks. The ellipsoid was a nice straightforward build, the lava torus was an absolute pain in the arse. If you believe that pouring and setting lava is the best way to go that's certainly your right, but its much more dangerous because you have exposed lava in your mines, and you need to be getting in close proximity to it. Furthermore, its more tedious to build with once you're in progress, with frequent trips from where you are building to the nether or the adminium levels. By contrast, with the recent (and regrettable imo) removal of the south-west rule for fluids, mining obsidian is danger free, and you can do preparation, and then follow it up with building. Moreover, you can do the prep before you've got concrete plans.

Also, I enjoy mining obsidian. Its fun.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 am UTC

That is incredible. How did you plan out the tori? I would take a 3d model of them, use a program to convert it to voxels, and go from there. is that how you did it?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 am UTC

Great job on the tori! I'm not sure what's fun about mining obsidian, though, unless you like waiting.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 am UTC

Note: To whomever died in the nether of Awesomeland, your stuff is in a chest near where you died and monkey's spawner.

Also, Scallel, since it's the closest to being mined out we have blast along the -1143 line over towards the -1228 side (where our buildings are--I dunno if my sheet of paper is oriented the right way). That way we can get at least a quarter of the spawner up and going. At least let's get an eightish or so path done; then powder while we mine.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:30 am UTC

I would suggest building the aboveground portion at the same time as digging goes on. start a safe distance above the surface, and that way there's always powder generating nearby, as players are in that chunk a lot. and yes, I know the dangers of building a spawner down, but we can just leave an airlock connected to the outside by redstone or something like that. or maybe even hold back the water with pistons in 1.7. that could be a good way to work on it, actually. be able to dam every level above what you need to work on.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:09 am UTC

Josephine wrote:That is incredible. How did you plan out the tori? I would take a 3d model of them, use a program to convert it to voxels, and go from there. is that how you did it?

I started with the equation for a torus, did some thinking, and some shoddy programming. In more depth...

Spoiler:
The surface of a torus is a set of points that are equidistant from some circle. That gives you the equation for a torus, which is

[math]\left(R - \sqrt{x^2 + y^2}\right)^2 + z^2 = r^2,[/math]

where R is the radius of the circle, and r is the distance from the circle to the surface. Put another way, if you have R and plug x,y, and z into the LHS there, you get the distance to the circle squared.

If you rotate and translate your coordinates around before you plug your values in, you rotate and translate your torus around, though you have to be a bit careful in that the torus is moved with the inverse of the transformations of the coordinates. But, if you're careful, then you end up with a pair of equations/functions, which tell you how far away a point is from two interlocked circles.

So then, you have a voxel grid, and you go through each voxel, calculating the distances. From that, you can work out the largest r that doesn't end up with voxels in the tori that are adjacent. I then spent some time twerking the grid to get what I wanted. Here's the python 2.7 code.

Code: Select all

import math, png, os

def interlockedtori(largeradius):

R = int(math.ceil(largeradius))
    r2 = largeradius ** 2

dx = 4*R + 1
    dy = 4*R + 1
    dz = 4*R + 1

cx = dx/2
    cy = dy/2
    cz = dz/2

rt2o2 = math.sqrt(2)/2

def wtori(x, y, z):
        x, y, z = x - cx, y - cy, z - cz
        x, y = rt2o2 * (x-y), rt2o2 * (x+y)
        y, z = rt2o2 * (y+z), rt2o2 * (z-y)
        x -= largeradius/2
        return (largeradius - math.sqrt(x**2 + y**2))**2 + z**2

def ltori(x, y, z):
        x, y, z = x - cx, y - cy, z - cz
        x, y = rt2o2 * (x-y), rt2o2 * (x+y)
        y, z = rt2o2 * (y-z), rt2o2 * (y+z)
        x += largeradius/2
        return (largeradius - math.sqrt(x**2 + y**2))**2 + z**2

# create array of distance pairs.

grid = [[[(ltori(x,y,z),wtori(x,y,z)) for x in range(dx)] for y in range(dy)] for z in range(dz)]

lr2 = r2

neighbours = [ (0,0,0), (1,0,0), (-1,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,-1,0), (0,0,1), (0,0,-1)]

# determine small radius of tori.

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):
                ld, wd = grid[z][y][x]

if ld < lr2 or wd < lr2:
                    for offsets in neighbours:
                        ox, oy, oz = offsets
                        xn, yn, zn = x + ox, y + oy, z + oz
                        lnd, wnd = grid[zn][yn][xn]

if ld < lr2 and wnd < lr2:
                            lr2 = max(ld, wnd)

if wd < lr2 and lnd < lr2:
                            lr2 = max(wd, lnd)

print(lr2)

print(2*(math.floor(largeradius*rt2o2 + math.sqrt(lr2))) + 3)

# create array with lava and water placed

mgrid = [[[0 for x in range(dx)] for y in range(dy)] for z in range(dz)]

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):

ld, wd = grid[z][y][x]

if ld < lr2 and wd < lr2:
                    print("shit")
                elif ld < lr2:
                    mgrid[z][y][x] = 2
                elif wd < lr2:
                    mgrid[z][y][x] = 3

# coat the lava and water with glass.

neighbours = [(1,0,0), (-1,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,-1,0), (0,0,1), (0,0,-1)]

glasscount = 0

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):

if mgrid[z][y][x] == 0:
                        ox, oy, oz = offsets
                        if mgrid[zn][yn][xn] == 2 or mgrid[zn][yn][xn] == 3:
                            mgrid[z][y][x] = 1
                            glasscount += 1
                            break

print(glasscount)

# hollow out the lava
    lavacount = 0

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):

if mgrid[z][y][x] == 2:
                    hollow = True
                        ox, oy, oz = offsets
                        if mgrid[zn][yn][xn] == 1:
                            hollow = False
                            break

if hollow:
                        mgrid[z][y][x] = 0

else:
                        lavacount += 1

print(lavacount)

# coat the inside of the lava with cobble

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):

if mgrid[z][y][x] == 0 and grid[z][y][x][0]<lr2:
                        ox, oy, oz = offsets
                        if mgrid[zn][yn][xn] == 2:
                            mgrid[z][y][x] = 4
                            break

# create printable array               

pgrid = [[[0 for x in range(dx)] for y in range(dy)] for z in range(dz)]

for x in range(1,dx-1):
        for y in range(1,dy-1):
            for z in range(1,dz-1):

if mgrid[z][y][x] != 0:

pgrid[z][y][x] = mgrid[z][y][x]

if (mgrid[z][y][x] == 1 or mgrid[z][y][x] == 4) and pgrid[z-1][y][x] %5 == pgrid[z][y][x]:
                        pgrid[z][y][x] += 5

if mgrid[z][y][x] == 1 and mgrid[z-1][y][x] == 3:
                        pgrid[z-1][y][x] = 11

if mgrid[z][y][x] == 1 and mgrid[z-1][y][x] == 2:
                        pgrid[z-1][y][x] = 12

if (mgrid[z][y][x] % 5) == 4 and mgrid[z-1][y][x] == 2:
                        pgrid[z-1][y][x] = 7

else:                   
                    if pgrid[z-1][y][x] % 5 != 0:
                        pgrid[z][y][x] = 10
                    elif (x-cx)%5 == 0 and (y-cy)%5 == 0:
                        pgrid[z][y][x] = 5

d = './interlockedtorus'+str(largeradius)

if not os.path.exists(d):
        os.mkdir(d)

palette = [(255,255,255), (0,255,0), (255,0,0), (0,0,255), (85,85,85), (255,255,0), (0,85,0), (85,0,0), (0,0,85), (0,0,0), (170,170,170), (255,0,255), (255,127,0)]

w = png.Writer(dx, dy, palette = palette, bitdepth=4)

for z in range(1, dz-1):
            f = open(d+'/lvl'+str(z).zfill(3)+'.png', 'wb')
            w.write(f,pgrid[z])
            f.close()

If you run the command "interlockedtori(R)" where R is some number, it will create a folder called "interlockedtori[R]", where [R] is the string representing R, full of pngs that represent what you need to build, like this.
lvl018.png
lvl018.png (440 Bytes) Viewed 4683 times

note: there's a slightly tricky thing going on when you make stuff like this, which I call inner and outer round. To illustrate what I'm talking about, imagine that you made a sphere, such as are described in this thread. Then you put a skin of dirt on it, then a skin of cobble on that, then dirt, then cobble, and say you did this five or ten times. Would the resulting figure be a sphere such as described in that thread? Answer: no, and if you put a lot of skins on it, it would look like a rounded octahedron. This is because the figure that encloses the most volume for least surface area in minecraft geometry is an octahedron. What this means is that that first skin you put on the sphere had a round inner surface, but its outer surface isn't really round, just approximately so. As you add more skins, that approximation gets less and less exact.

The relevance of this is that the layer of glass in the tori is "inner round", and the outer layer of the fluids is "outer round". If you favour a skin that renders glass as much more visible, you would probably want to make the glass outer round.

If you wanted to make the tori out of stuff that doesn't react when it comes in contact, not only would you make the outer layer outer round, you could make them a little larger if you used a grid with a voxel vertex, face or edge at the centre (I think edge would work best), rather than a voxel. That would give you slightly bigger r, and would leave you without holes, like this.

Also, there are probably better and worse input values for the code, some which will give you figures that look quite round, and others where flat spots, at the top or bottom or easternmost etc planes, are larger and more visible. Because there are several flat spots on the tori, and its not clear what priority they should have, its not really possible to give a straightforward rule for what are good input values (for spheres with a central voxel, you use an integer +1/2, but here its a lot more tricky). Regardless, at about 10 it looks pretty good no matter what.

Vaniver wrote:Great job on the tori! I'm not sure what's fun about mining obsidian, though, unless you like waiting.

The feeling when you have a huge lava body, and you peel a few layers off and it splits up into a whole set of smaller bodies, or when you realise that bodies that you thought of as being totally disconnected are in fact joined... plus its kinda meditative I guess? I enjoy the mining too.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am UTC

Could do that, or I could use a few hundred blocks of dynamite and, well. I like boom.

The project to put a giant hole in the ground was the original project. The plan to put a large grinder in to add additional grind ability came second.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:10 pm UTC

Biggles' first attempt at installing a mod is failing.

So... I want Better Than Wolves. This means I have to put the files from ModLoader into minecraft.jar then the files from Better Than Wolves into minecraft.jar

I've done this on a copy of .minecraft that I've moved somewhere else so as not to break the game proper. But this copy doesn't contain the launcher! How do I get this?

The copying of files probably hasn't even worked, but baby steps...

Edit: it works now!
Last edited by bigglesworth on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

http://notch.tumblr.com/

1.7's confirmed to be a smaller update. Awesome!
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

RE: Obsidian: I used to cast/mine obsidian blocks five at a time, by mining at an angle. That's basically 75 seconds you can spend doing something else (provided you don't leave the Minecraft window).
jestingrabbit wrote:I started with the equation for a torus, did some thinking, and some shoddy programming. In more depth...

ITT: More proof that jestingrabbit is a goddamn genius.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... minecraft/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... ill_going/

This man is very nearly my hero. (Add "Hard" instead of "Normal" mode, "no looking up any crafting recipes or engineering designs", and "never use F3 or mods" and he's there. Not that I adhere to these restrictions.
Spoiler:
I use F3 to navigate, which is cheating. ...and I looked up some of the redstone crafting recipes. And, most importantly, I don't stop playing on a map when I die.
Nested spoiler tags don't work. :/

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:58 pm UTC

I'm just glad to see stability issues are on the list of things to address.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 pm UTC

Feylias wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/i24wd/how_to_not_die_in_minecraft/

This man is very nearly my hero. (Add "Hard" instead of "Normal" mode, "no looking up any crafting recipes or engineering designs", and "never use F3 or mods" and he's there. Not that I adhere to these restrictions.
Spoiler:
I use F3 to navigate, which is cheating. ...and I looked up some of the redstone crafting recipes. And, most importantly, I don't stop playing on a map when I die.

I like to have reasons for my 'cheating'. As in - I have a stack of 64 diamond, the only reason I'm using F3 is because Notch hasn't added Heat-Detector Goggles :P

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 am UTC

SirBryghtside wrote:
Feylias wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/i24wd/how_to_not_die_in_minecraft/

Spoiler:

I like to have reasons for my 'cheating'. As in - I have a stack of 64 diamond, the only reason I'm using F3 is because Notch hasn't added Heat-Detector Goggles :P

I want those, and jetpacks!

Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 am UTC

I am starting to feel a bit bad about all the time I've spent playing minecraft since.. whenever it was I got it, I can't remember. The start of this year, I think. I turned my brain off for a couple of days and accidentally turned this:
quarry.png

into this:
2011-06-28_10.26.26.png

The lights down the side are chunk markers, so it's 4 and ~a quarter chunks long, and 22 blocks wide. Goes from bedrock up to about sea level.. I left the roof on because it's unfortunately right underneath the main area in which I've been working.
Anyone got any ideas about what I should do with 66,000 cobblestone?

I also started to build this "sculpture" a few months ago, but it never really went anywhere...
2011-03-23_17.33.29.png

Predator_freeman

Postby Predator_freeman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm UTC

Can i just ask, when will the whitelist get updated?

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:38 pm UTC

This evening i was depressed abit, so decided to do mining for diamond, and YAY! the 16 blocks from bed rock thing works!

edit: oh fuck, theres a thunderstorm at ST's server right now.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 pm UTC

Predator_freeman wrote:Can i just ask, when will the whitelist get updated?

When I have 10-15 minutes to deal with it. Stupid time, why is there not more of you in a day?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:24 pm UTC

Also, judging by my dead corpse, either I was brutally murdered, or there is still a problem of wayward monsters at monkey's spawner.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm UTC

mieulium wrote:thunderstorm at ST's server right now.

Yeah, thunderstorms are a pain. It gets darker.

...oh, and if the sky above you is open and clear, water falls everywhere in your face, there's constant noise, lightning hits things and sets them ablaze (I really want to see a creeper hit, but that's gotta be super rare), and your fires get put out.

</smug>

Jahoclave wrote:Also, judging by my dead corpse, either I was brutally murdered, or there is still a problem of wayward monsters at monkey's spawner.

Edit: I assumed the monsters are spawning in the rail-area or such, since there isn't a way for them to escape the glass. However, Monkey's already spammed the area with torches, but says we can add more if we like. ...I might make the spawn area more secure with some placed dirt and signs (if I were AFK there) just to limit their spawning/shooting opportunities.

If a skelly killed me, that'd be bad...but a creeper would be worse.
Last edited by Feylias on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:33 pm UTC

Feylias wrote:

Jahoclave wrote:Also, judging by my dead corpse, either I was brutally murdered, or there is still a problem of wayward monsters at monkey's spawner.

Maybe, with Monkey's permission, we could spam the area with torches? I don't think they're swimming in from under the glass, so they must be spawning elsewhere. Hmm...I want to look, again.

I have, from time to time, seen monsters glitch through the glass in the spawner. If you go to watch them, you can occasionally see them bugging out. I wouldn't mind sealing off the room the grinder's in (should only take a handful of cobble and a door).

Alternatively, they could be coming from that secret passage behind the portal. Hmmm...

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
Feylias wrote:

Maybe, with Monkey's permission, we could spam the area with torches? I don't think they're swimming in from under the glass, so they must be spawning elsewhere. Hmm...I want to look, again.

I have, from time to time, seen monsters glitch through the glass in the spawner. If you go to watch them, you can occasionally see them bugging out. I wouldn't mind sealing off the room the grinder's in (should only take a handful of cobble and a door).

Alternatively, they could be coming from that secret passage behind the portal. Hmmm...

I support doors! Less crashing than windows.

uncivlengr

Postby uncivlengr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm UTC

The Utilitarian wrote:Y'know what I want in a future patch? It's nothing fancy. Nothing to do with rails or portals or redstone.

All I want, is upside down stairs and the ability to place half-block slabs in the top half of a block space instead of the bottom. I am continually frustrated with the inability to make items vertically symmertrical. Steps and blocks can go such a long way towards taking a little bit of the blockiness out of MC, and lets you simulate rounded shapes at much smaller scales.

-_- sadly I doubt such a purely aethetic item will ever get put in.

Watching a Yogscast video and I was reminded of this post - check out the Mod they're featuring, specifically after the 10:00 mark.

actually, the whole mod is really, really impressive.
I don't know what to do for you

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm UTC

uncivlengr wrote:
The Utilitarian wrote:Y'know what I want in a future patch? It's nothing fancy. Nothing to do with rails or portals or redstone.

All I want, is upside down stairs and the ability to place half-block slabs in the top half of a block space instead of the bottom. I am continually frustrated with the inability to make items vertically symmertrical. Steps and blocks can go such a long way towards taking a little bit of the blockiness out of MC, and lets you simulate rounded shapes at much smaller scales.

Watching a Yogscast video and I was reminded of this post - check out the Mod they're featuring, specifically after the 10:00 mark.

OHMYGOD! That's AMAZING! Everyone needs to check out this video and the mod in question right now. It's just.. wow it's just amazing. So many things I would kill to be able to do.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 am UTC

Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:30 am UTC

The Utilitarian wrote:
uncivlengr wrote:

OHMYGOD! That's AMAZING! Everyone needs to check out this video and the mod in question right now. It's just.. wow it's just amazing. So many things I would kill to be able to do.

IN THE GAME! NOW! OR! I WILL CONTINUE TO DEMAND IT IN THE GAME.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 am UTC

Yeah, when Lewis was dropping the planks on that saw I was like "Cool. Woah. Woah!"

Damn impressive mod. Puts Notch to shame :P
Ⓞⓞ◯

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 am UTC

I was happy when the planks got cut in half, but then they got cut again... and again...

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:23 am UTC

I was bemused by the "wow!"s from the other commentators.

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 am UTC

Vaniver wrote:I was bemused by the "wow!"s from the other commentators.

This mod is worthy of a thousand wows. Psion! You need this mod on your server. NEED IT.

The concrete alone... just wow.... imagine how much easier it would be to make large walled structures. just make a trough at the bottom and a dirt ring with a lip at the top, pour and voila, instant curtain wall as tall as you like.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 am UTC

So I'm trapped in ST's Nether. Every time I try to leave, the server crashes.

Help?

Scallel

Postby Scallel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:27 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:So I'm trapped in ST's Nether. Every time I try to leave, the server crashes.

Help?

Mwahahahahaha. We shall attempt a rescue operation when our tnt reserves are larger than our cobblestone reserves. And currently they are growing at a rate of 13 (the base) multiplied by two (doubling it whenever it crashes) to the number of crashes times(having more to double) so 13 x 2^C
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

uncivlengr

Postby uncivlengr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Puts Notch to shame :P
Yeah, "Better than Wolves" is a not-so-subtle jab at the official updates, in fact.

The Utilitarian wrote:Psion! You need this mod on your server. NEED IT.
Not available for multiplayer yet.
I don't know what to do for you

Return to “Gaming”