Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Minecraft

Postby Steax » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 am UTC

Kain wrote:
Steax wrote:
Kain wrote:(Also, did Scallel ever add guard rails to the nether paths I made for him?)

No. =p

Good :)

(I was worried Scallel might have gone soft, what with all the people going out that way)

I was going to put down fences on the nether walkways, until I realized it was a horrible, horrible idea.

Btw, Scallel, not long after you logged out and I headed for 1.8-lands, I found various things dropped along the way, including some bread and about a stack of TNT. I'd imagine these would be yours. I... used a small amount of the TNT to clear a path for excavating, and will return them to your storage area soon.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 am UTC

I've decided to work on Monkeys clues leading to this hidden "chest" for the first time. I thought it was the least I can do. since you all know I accidentally found pumpkin seeds from roos not so secret garden, and after a series of unfortunate events almost everyone already has them and totally forgot about the chest.... but I was rejoiced when Roos. mentioned he added more lewt to motivate us again! According to him, whoever finds this lewt will be the richest man on the server. he also gave gana, rirez and me (we were the only ones on the server at the time) a hint as to clue numero 7.
Spoiler:
2011-10-31_22.39.57 (2).png
I'm still unclear as to "lexicon includes 0-9 before the alphabet"

Also I'm quite skeptical about clue 7. according to:
Feylias wrote:Update: Roosevelt popped on and recreated the seventh clue from memory as best he could.
Spoiler:
2011-10-19_20.48.15.png
this is what roos was able to recreate by memory from clue 7 after Scallel was confronted by a creeper and destroyed both of them.

...and here is another clue 7

MrMonkey wrote:'Official' 7th clue:
Spoiler:
The final clue!
The chest's z is the
rectangles'
63mccxf 3523m57/ 7ctm6 21m 7e286x1d
(times e^(i*pi))

786b63646d696e656372616674

so which one is it?

I took the liberty to work with the hints that roos gave us and the recreated clue at the airport and I got this;
Spoiler:
capture2.PNG
roughly: SPECIAL PROPERTY TIMES ONE THOUSAND

apparently he used the Vigenère cipher to encode the message. the key used was "xkcdminecraft" encoded with an ASCII string format by translating it into a radix-64 representation. when used it translates to "special property times one thousand"
all together would be "special property times one thousand (times e^i pi)" which doesn't make sense to me at the moment. Its 3:30 am here in LA and I'm tired. hopefully someone can take over for a while...

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:No no.. Desert Biomes are warm. Lava is warm. Torches are warm. Fire is warm. Frozen biomes are cold. Sunlight is. Water and lava working together have transformative properties towards each other. Snow, which melts, can be formed into snowballs with a shovel and then formed into a snow block. During this transformation, they lose the Cold property and simply become not warm and not cold either. Perhaps they gain a slight magic, as one can apply another snowblock and a pumpkin to make a living creature.

Murderers usually have cactus or lava nearby, as that's the only foolproof way to dispose of the murder weapon. Hiding the body is unnecessary, as they vanish in a few seconds.
Desert biomes have low rainfall, temperature is irrelevant to their definition.
The force that transmutes water into ice falls from the sky, and doesn't effect lava or any other block apart form the presence of snow fall, nothing remotely approaching convection or heat transfer. Given that your alleged "cold property" isn't comparable to our world's thermodynamics, does it make sense to describe lava as hot? "Hot" things do cause damage, and hurt to touch, but the change from standing-lave to obsidian or flowing-lava to cobblestone only takes place when directly mixed with water. If it was cooling down, it would be possible to cause this change by other means. Snow blocks and lava don't effect each other, nor do water and lava not in the same block of space, and fire only has an effect when it completely destroys a block.

See how much fun an Xkcdian museum would be?

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:24 pm UTC

well, the e^i pi part means -1, but I don't know any special properties with actual numerical values.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:There's a neat mechanical way to deal with Endermen in mob traps. You want to build your spawning layers out of diagonal squares with diagonals of 15 (that is, 8 points to a side). This gives the squares a middle block which, if water is dumped on it, will evenly push mobs straight off the platform. With a redstone timing system and pistons to systematically turn on and off the water supply, this design tiles perfectly and will even take care of mobs just too stubborn to wander into rivers by systematically flushing them. You can have the water dumping and timing circuitry all higher than Endermen can reach from the spawning platforms, though this does decrease the density of the spawning layers. But really... mob flushing... how can you resist?

I will have to look that up, it may be worth an entire rebuild. Especially since half-ish of my spawner is dirt.

Dthen wrote:Whoa, I was whitelisted on SexyTalon's server (although I don't know why or when that happened), but now I'm not! :(

You're on the list, and I double-checked that you're not accidentally banned.

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:34 pm UTC

I will have to look that up, it may be worth an entire rebuild. Especially since half-ish of my spawner is dirt.
I can't say that I'm sure it's lookupable, as in, not well documented. I thought of it rather than reading of it myself, but there's a few videos of the concept at least. The trickiest part is the timing system. You can make a 1x4x5 downconverter to double the period of a clock with pistons. Chain 8 together, and you can make an almost 5 minute clock with just a handful of redstone and no sticky pistons.

Code: Select all

RR      R - redstone wire
  \IS/     \ / - side mounted torches
  PS P     P - pistons (facing each other)
  ST S     S - stone
  SSSS     I - power input
           T - torch

They chain very nicely sideways, allowing you to make an N bit 3Nx4x5 counter hooked into a timing circuit.

The platforms and actual dumping mechanisms are all quite intuitive once you start playing with it. You could even hook lighting into it, so that it lights up when it's in the flush cycle. If you're going large scale, it is a more efficient use of materials to have a single plate of opaque material at the top of the skybox, blotting out everything beneath it. This would make all the mobs being flushed to their doom visible safely from afar!
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 pm UTC

So this is one chest and it'll make them the richest on the server. Yeah, I highly doubt that.

Also, Nether Trolley, not rail. TROLLEY!

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:23 pm UTC

Aye, when I went looking I didn't manage to find anything, so I started playing around on my own.

Here's a water splitter which allows an entire column of platforms to be flushed by one source block or stream.

Spoiler:
Splitter:

Platforms:

And yeah, blocking light from these with the huge open areas between each column would be best accomplished by a solid roof.

I'm inclined to believe that the timing should let it flush at least twice every five minutes, to make sure any loose items on the spawn floors are flushed and reach the collection point before they can despawn. Also the actual flush cycle should be as short as possible as mobs don't spawn on water covered blocks.

Does this sound reasonable?

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:So this is one chest and it'll make them the richest on the server. Yeah, I highly doubt that.

It's a Klein chest, it actually contains the entire server, so by owning it your net worth has exceeded that of the entire server by exactly one klein chest.

Jahoclave wrote:Also, Nether Trolley, not rail. TROLLEY!

Ok.

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm UTC

And yeah, blocking light from these with the huge open areas between each column would be best accomplished by a solid roof.

I'm inclined to believe that the timing should let it flush at least twice every five minutes, to make sure any loose items on the spawn floors are flushed and reach the collection point before they can despawn. Also the actual flush cycle should be as short as possible as mobs don't spawn on water covered blocks.

About right. 8-10 seconds flushing every 128-160 seconds still gives you 93% uptime, and a healthy amount of flushing. I haven't done performance testing between 1:16 and 1:8 flush ratios however.

Do note that in 1.8.1 Endermen can able to grab those blocks in the middle, leaving a gap around the edge where mobs will not be pushed because the water can't flow that far. But a very good design for 1.9, minimizing redstone and piston usage!

A very flat funnel like shape (with diamond cross section, just like the floors) can be used to carry items and mobs in a somewhat more direct manner on average, I believe. If you square out the corners, you can also water the whole basin with 4 source blocks.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:17 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:Also, Nether Trolley, not rail. TROLLEY!

You don't have to rail on us like that :P

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 pm UTC

Sorry, but did anyone see an apparent loss in chickens in your farm? If so, do you know what happened?
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:

About right. 8-10 seconds flushing every 128-160 seconds still gives you 93% uptime, and a healthy amount of flushing. I haven't done performance testing between 1:16 and 1:8 flush ratios however.

Do note that in 1.8.1 Endermen can able to grab those blocks in the middle, leaving a gap around the edge where mobs will not be pushed because the water can't flow that far. But a very good design for 1.9, minimizing redstone and piston usage!

Thanks!

WarDaft wrote:A very flat funnel like shape (with diamond cross section, just like the floors) can be used to carry items and mobs in a somewhat more direct manner on average, I believe. If you square out the corners, you can also water the whole basin with 4 source blocks.

That is exactly the design that I'm using, I believe that you mentioned it some time ago.

Do you think I should leave the exact minumum amount of room for spiders to drop between the column edges, or is an extra block of gap needed for reliable spider flushing?

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:46 pm UTC

Wasn't sure if I had mentioned that, guess I already did, heh.

If you leave an exact gap for the spiders corner to corner, you should be able to pretty reliably get any of the ones that don't feel like climbing the 1 block high outer edge.

Like this:

Code: Select all

ooooo
oooo     o
ooo ss  oo
oo  ss ooo
o     oooo
     ooooo

It's not as space efficient, but as there is almost nothing in the design but spawning area, that doesn't matter. It will still be as build time efficient, and if you can build a mob farm filling the entire area around you that mobs can spawn in... well, I tip my hat to you.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:53 pm UTC

So I tried to go SW of spawn, went a little bit around the giant lava wall, tried to continue SW by boat but boats are impossible to control in MP, so I ended uo going a little SE. Found a pine forest with a river, with a weird ravine in two sides of the river, built a dirt hut and a farm, and logged out. I didn't put in any protection from trampling, though...

Also, it is completely impossible to fight skellies or creepers with any amount of latency. I almost died until someone used settime. (Am I allowed to use settime? Is it supposed to be without a slash?)

And how often does the map update?
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:03 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:So I tried to go SW of spawn, went a little bit around the giant lava wall, tried to continue SW by boat but boats are impossible to control in MP, so I ended uo going a little SE. Found a pine forest with a river, with a weird ravine in two sides of the river, built a dirt hut and a farm, and logged out. I didn't put in any protection from trampling, though...

Also, it is completely impossible to fight skellies or creepers with any amount of latency. I almost died until someone used settime. (Am I allowed to use settime? Is it supposed to be without a slash?)

And how often does the map update?

Anyone can use it, and yes, it doesn't require a slash. Most of the time it's perma-day on the server - just set it to 0 any time it goes to night, nobody will care (and if they do, nighttime is just a few keystrokes away).

The map updates whenever the maintainer (Monkey, I believe) feels like it. I think. =p

In other new, my Skyway is complete! A semi-functioning station can be found at X: -45 Z: 535. Or, simply ride a minecart from the temporary station at the beginning of the Skyway, and you'll get to the stop eventually. I'm quite proud of the overall rail - the dual tracks work elegantly, and the branching station is very compact. I haven't fully tested it, though. Feel free to try. Two more things to do before I integrate this into the existing rail systems: wire note blocks to warn people of minecarts, and set up the terminus so carts only hit vacant endpoints, and never having 2 carts in the same endrail.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 pm UTC

mieulium wrote:Sorry, but did anyone see an apparent loss in chickens in your farm? If so, do you know what happened?

I do. If they're up against a brick wall, the problem is that they take slight damage if they get bumped into it by other chickens. Fences aren't supposed to do that, but I think there's still something going on, because it still happens I think.

I blame wolves.

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm UTC

Great news and bad news. Great news: I finally have neighbors! Bonaparte decided to move to one point eight lands! Bad news: She said she is going to try to dwarf everything I build. So I think I made even?
Last edited by Scallel on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:58 pm UTC

I dug a hole in psion's server. Found a huge ass cave system with ridiculous amounts of bling. Not just standard amounts of diamonds and gold, way more. I call it the pimp cave.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:Great news and bad news. Great news: I finally have neighbors! Bonaparte decided to move to one point eight lands! Bad news: She said she is going to try to dwarf everything I build. So I think I made even?

Hey! I'm sort of your neighbor too. Except for the fact that I've only been on the server like twice. And I haven't really built very much yet. I have a nice little cave that I for some reason didn't sleep in and thus had to try to find again but failed. Then I noticed the map and found it! It's about as far southwest of you as you can go on the current map. The only mark on the map is 4 torches on top of a mountain.
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

I'm holding out for 1.9 lands.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 pm UTC

Ya, same here. I'll probably not explore much more (maybe that giant forest I saw on the map as an exception as I'm sure I'll need some wood) since I'm pretty much right on the edge of what's generated so far. On the other hand, I would definitely be up for an exploration mission with people once 1.9 comes out (are they even releasing beta 1.9, or will that just be the full release?).
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

Kain

Postby Kain » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

Meem1029 wrote:Ya, same here. I'll probably not explore much more (maybe that giant forest I saw on the map as an exception as I'm sure I'll need some wood) since I'm pretty much right on the edge of what's generated so far. On the other hand, I would definitely be up for an exploration mission with people once 1.9 comes out (are they even releasing beta 1.9, or will that just be the full release?).

They are just doing the full release. IIRC, Talon doesn't want to update the server to a prerelease, so it will stay as 1.8 until the 11th or so.
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:17 pm UTC

Anyone have any fondest for a particular steamship? I building one but I don't know what kind yet.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 pm UTC

In the interests of helping others catch up, clue seven says, roughly, 'something special that these rectangles have in common, multiplied by -1000, is your z coordinate'.

The rectangles are these:
Spoiler:
2011-11-01_13.52.12.png
10x6 18x11 21x13

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 am UTC

The something special they have in common:
Spoiler:
Golden ratio! Or as close as you can get in Minecraft.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:The something special they have in common:
Spoiler:
Golden ratio! Or as close as you can get in Minecraft.
Spoiler:
Heh, that was our first guess, then we discarded it, then decided on it again, then discarded it again, then decided on it again. ^_^
In other news, I was attempting to LEAVE the airport area during a thunderstorm and go home (having used the bonemeal-on-underside-of-grass trick to generate a double chest of flowers and such in a few minutes (only crashing the server once, whups.) and had a creeper drop through a hole in the roof and blow up part of the track (not an important part; it was part of the work-in-progress area.) I went back to repair, and skeletons converged on me. So I grabbed the drops and fled through a door.

The doors have stone pressure plates. The skeletons calmly opened the doors and continued pursuit. :PP

So I'll go back there later.

I've never been struck by lightning or seen any mob be struck by lightning. Kid's been struck and today saw a supercharged creeper on the USS Roosevelt. 'snot fair. :P

So, Xerillum got the chest. ^_^

To recap:
Spoiler:
Clue 1-4 were simply a chain that led to clues 5-7, which continued the chain and also gave the X, Y, and Z coordinates respectively.
Clue 5 wrote:The chest x is at a famous ratio that is below you times the normal base squared
The ratio was Pi, and "Normal Base Squared"? Well, X turned out to be 314. Z was, of course, Phi multiplied by -1000. The chest reportedly held a suit of chainmail armor and a bunch of gold and jewels.
That's the story! I propose a monument be built on the spot!

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:17 am UTC

Meh, not worth much. Chainmail has no sign-exchange value to me.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:06 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:Meh, not worth much. Chainmail has no sign-exchange value to me.

Pshh. You think i was talking about THAT? No, I'm talking about the prize the prize leads to.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:11 am UTC

I've been playing around with making a simple three-way minecart station in creative singleplayer. (Thanks for the info Steax, there's some spare iron ore in the chest near your in-house station)

Spoiler:

I've pretty much boiled this down to the bare minimum of required functionality (three-way stations can be "stacked" end to end to create stations of arbitrary sizes.) now I need to shrinkify it a bit.

Of course I just got another idea that's even simpler, if it works and is user friendly. Igor! Bring me Brai...Blocks!

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 am UTC

as you may know Xerillum found the treasure. kudos to him. after I heard the news I had to see for myself and I ventured out to the location. at first I was a bit lost but i managed to find the spot, I jumped down a long shaft and I ended up in a 5x5 room. Xe said he left a surprise for the next person to find the room (TNT) and Roos also gave me some items for finding the room (Thank you). He also mentioned there was more to this treasure hunt than chainmail armor and miscellaneous loot, henceforth he set up clue number 8. on this note, can't wait to start this new quest.

here are some screen caps from the room:

Spoiler:
2011-11-01_18.45.28.png

Spoiler:
2011-11-01_18.45.24.png
I think you gave the location away. great book btw. ^_^

Spoiler:
2011-11-01_18.45.36.png
Last edited by tHe_kiiD on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 am UTC

Hey, I've died plenty of times in the caves near scallel's base - it goes all the way into some ravines and stuff that I always end up dying in. It's completely crazy.

Now that you guys are building massive stuff, though, I'll likely be dwarfed. I'm going to focus on transportation first.

blalobw wrote:I've been playing around with making a simple three-way minecart station in creative singleplayer. (Thanks for the info Steax, there's some spare iron ore in the chest near your in-house station)

Spoiler:

I've pretty much boiled this down to the bare minimum of required functionality (three-way stations can be "stacked" end to end to create stations of arbitrary sizes.) now I need to shrinkify it a bit.

Of course I just got another idea that's even simpler, if it works and is user friendly. Igor! Bring me Brai...Blocks!

Thank you for the iron! Couldn't have been better timed.

My station is optimized for a single-direction stop. I think it makes sense - most people want to go from spawn to their home, or from their home to spawn - it's rare for someone to want to visit another person's home. If they wanted to, anyway, they could probably just walk on the skyway (or, provided the layout, possibly walk on the ground, too). So I only accomodate for one direction having the stopping capability. It also limits the complexity... I think it would be far more complex otherwise. Or, I think, you can just mirror the same design on the other side. This means either building a bridge over the tracks sunk into the ground, or digging it deeper, neither of which would be suitable for my skyway.

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:17 pm UTC

Finally got on last night! I started running what would be North if the sun rises in the East, and then I starved to death, which I did not know would happen. Then someone directed me to the communarium, which I promptly took 8 watermelon slices from, and set off again! I'm currently logged off, after digging myself a little hidey-hole. After running for approximately one episode of House, I ended up completely surrounded by Creepers and skeletons. I also ran (not sprinted) long enough that I'm out of food, so I'll have to solve that right quick. I'll probably end up trying to find a rather large ocean and build my stuff in the middle of it, a la Lex Luthor. Water keeps the Endermen away! Then I'll connect my place to the Nether Trolly, once I find out where exactly that is. Does it connect with Spawn?

How do I know if I've gotten to 1.8 lands? I didn't see Endermen until I ran for quite a bit, does that indicate anything?

Nest question! Is there going to be a Full Release Wipe? I'm not leaning a lot in either direction (and I understand people wouldn't want to lose their stuff), but just figure I'd ask. I also imagine that the answer is somewhere in the hundred page thread right hur.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:43 pm UTC

Enokh wrote:Finally got on last night! I started running what would be North if the sun rises in the East, and then I starved to death, which I did not know would happen. Then someone directed me to the communarium, which I promptly took 8 watermelon slices from, and set off again! I'm currently logged off, after digging myself a little hidey-hole. After running for approximately one episode of House, I ended up completely surrounded by Creepers and skeletons. I also ran (not sprinted) long enough that I'm out of food, so I'll have to solve that right quick. I'll probably end up trying to find a rather large ocean and build my stuff in the middle of it, a la Lex Luthor. Water keeps the Endermen away! Then I'll connect my place to the Nether Trolly, once I find out where exactly that is. Does it connect with Spawn?

How do I know if I've gotten to 1.8 lands? I didn't see Endermen until I ran for quite a bit, does that indicate anything?

Nest question! Is there going to be a Full Release Wipe? I'm not leaning a lot in either direction (and I understand people wouldn't want to lose their stuff), but just figure I'd ask. I also imagine that the answer is somewhere in the hundred page thread right hur.

Let me know if you need seeds of any variant.... or more melons. Or, you can take them from my house. 8 melons aren't very many (you... you will want to see what Ganalef has at his fortress), feel free to take as many as you need from the communarium.

Nether Trolly service connects to spawn, but you may or may not actually need it. If you're aiming for 1.8 lands, then yeah, you'll want a path through the nether. There is also an extensive railway system in the overworld, but those are due west and south.

To see if you're in 1.8-lands, check the map (the interactive one) - you'll see telltale boundaries between old terrain and new one (the terrain just suddenly cuts off, leaving big walls of exposed caves and stuff). Endermen spawn everywhere, so they don't indicate much. There's no current plan, I think, to wipe, as long as we don't need to do so (by Word of Notch or something). The ops have worked something out.

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

Excellent! I may just keep running anyway.

I went ahead and took seeds of every variant from the Communarium, as I plan on having automated farms for everything (though, with some, they can only be semi-automated, with manual replanting).

I'm actually really excited about all this!

EDIT: For the record, I'm Mecheaon on minecraft.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm UTC

Remember, you can type "settime 0" into chat at any time to return to daytime. Helps if you're being chased by angsty stuff.

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm UTC

Oh neat. If only creepers were allergic to the sun as well.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:21 pm UTC

Okay. About an hour long expedition into the Bling Cave. It's almost completely illuminated now. Over 150 iron ores mined. 10 diamonds. I saw about 75 obsidian blocks. Also ridiculous quantities of redstone. I crafted a hat out of solid gold to show off my material wealth.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 pm UTC

I'm lost in the nether from Carlo's 1.8-lands outpost. Armed with nothing but my bare hands and steaks, I've so far managed to locate several bizarre landforms, as well as a tunnel clearly built by man. I'm having a genuine panic attack, and trying like mad to get to that tunnel... I kinda really wish someone else would come online. This is creepy!

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:28 pm UTC

Dthen wrote:Whoa, I was whitelisted on SexyTalon's server (although I don't know why or when that happened), but now I'm not! :(

You're on the list, and I double-checked that you're not accidentally banned.

Ah, aha, a little careful investigation reveals that apparently the port number went missing from the IP I had saved.
The Minecraft server running on the default port of that IP is apparently Jandey's server.
Silly me.
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

Return to “Gaming”