HomeLAN

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

HomeLAN

Postby Gordon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 am UTC

A bit of a back story on the banana mod:
I started going on the internet back in the old Star Craft days. My friends and I would rush home from school to play the 4 of us vs. as many computers as the server could handle (or 8 whatever the max was). Anyway eventually Counter Strike came along and we started playing that, I can tell you that my first map was de_aztec. Eventually I joined a gaming group, they were committed to providing a gaming experience for all, and they were called HomeLAN. I made several good friends from this group and have seen many of them consistantly over the years, even though the group shut down for a number of years.

Anyway, they are getting back up and running and I wanted to make mention of it here in case anyone used to be a member or anyone is interested and wants to follow along.

http://www.newhomelan.com
http://www.twitter.com/HomeLAN

Stickied. Because I said so. And so did the banana. - ST
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

headprogrammingczar

Re: HomeLAN

Postby headprogrammingczar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 pm UTC

Is there a Steam group? (I'm too lazy to give a website my email, then confirm it)
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

CogDissident

Re: HomeLAN

Postby CogDissident » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 pm UTC

So, is it a clan? Just a casual gaming group?
What does "they were committed to providing a gaming experience for all" mean, other than generic clan-speak for "we're casual gamers"?
Why would you say that when it specifically says on the site "A haven for serious gamers"?
What the heck is it, other than "starting up sometime in the future"?
If it is a clan/gaming group, why is a moderator advertising it when there is already a steam XKCD group?

Steam group for XKCD (or at least the largest of the 6 different ones)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/xkcd

You do know that this is going to, at best, flood the group with generic people from the XKCD community. If it is as small as you said, this means your "original" group of people is going to likely be outnumbered 10 to 1 by XKCD people.

I don't know, it just feels to me like this sticky is an abuse of mod powers because its advertising for a clan that doesn't even exist yet, and isn't an XKCD clan.

Return to “Gaming”