Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 - No Dedicated MP Servers

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

emceng

Re: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 - No Dedicated MP Servers

Postby emceng » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm UTC

A few thoughts on this game: The double shotguns is ridiculous, and needs to be fixed.

I don't understand why the knife is hated so much. I have come up against the knife guys, and it is annoying. At the same time, I probably kill them before they get me 70% of the time. Does anyone else remember back to previous games? CoD 1 and 2(what the hell was the name of the expansion for the first one?) were good, but if you got close to someone it was idiotic. If you ran dry on your primary weapon circle strafing and dodging around, then you pull out your pistol, and again circle strafe, dodge, and curse quite a bit. I wanted a grapple option to be put in, but I think the knife works pretty well.

Am I the only one that really doesn't enjoy the single player game though? It drives me crazy. The objectives are unrealistic - hey, run past about 30 enemies, then run past some friendlies, so that you can grab a rocket launcher to take down a helicopter! For some reason the friendlies over there are too retarded to use the rocket launcher or something. The other thing that drives me insane is that enemies don't freaking die. I put half a clip in a guy, center mass, and he stumbles and fall down. Then he gets back up and shoots me when I have moved on to the next enemy. I am too used to multiplayer where guys actually die.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm UTC

emceng wrote:A few thoughts on this game: The double shotguns is ridiculous, and needs to be fixed.

I looted one, and it was pretty OP. So OP, it makes me miss noobtubes. (I refuse to use them)

emceng wrote:Am I the only one that really doesn't enjoy the single player game though?

I am bad example, but I have never played any of the single player modes. Only multiplayer interests me because human players are vastly superior to AI.

I picked up an RPD with no grip and it worked very well. So well I unlocked the grip for it on my first time looting one.

Does anyone else finding the #3 perks blah? I end up using Ninja all the time. I seem to knife just fine without commando in close quarters, and Ninja compliments my Coldblooded/silenced weapon play style.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:So OP, it makes me miss noobtubes. (I refuse to use them)

Respect the pro pipe.

I've still never found any trouble with the dual shotguns, even after an extended play session where I saw multiple ones I could pick up on the ground (so I know I've been in games with people using them). Both them and the 'pro pipers' you can get the jump on if you're playing carefully. The knifers... they just come out of no where. I get the most satisfaction when I shotgun one of them in the face as they charge me. Not today buddy.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 am UTC

I killed a shotgun guy at long range a couple times with the noob tube (I had no other attachments), and then in the lobby he was cursing me out.

Use a real weapon champ.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:47 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:I am bad example, but I have never played any of the single player modes. Only multiplayer interests me because human players are vastly superior to AI.

But one doesn't play the single player for the enemy AI, you do it for the scripted sequences and the 'story experience'. Although, as ever, the question does arise that if you never play single player games you can't know how far AI tech is progressing...

Ixtellor wrote:Does anyone else finding the #3 perks blah? I end up using Ninja all the time. I seem to knife just fine without commando in close quarters, and Ninja compliments my Coldblooded/silenced weapon play style.

I love ninja, and really don't see any value in any of the other #3 perks. So yeah, pretty blah except ninja (although as others have mentioned the no-falling-damage thing from commando pro might be fun).

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

The AI on veteran (even hardened) is better than a significant portion of online players.

Also, scrambler is decent on search and destroy, where there are claymores everywhere. Sitrep can be useful sometimes. Im not sure, but I think it counters ninja pro.

A real neat idea I had is to use one man army and hardline to get a killstreak, then change to danger close and call in the empowered air support. How effective is danger close pro?

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:45 pm UTC

BlackSails wrote:The AI on veteran (even hardened) is better than a significant portion of online players.

Is the AI better or do the AI mobs just have much higher damage and accuracy?
Its easier to write a mob that insta headshoots you from a mile away, than it is to create an AI squad that utilizes cover, riot shields, flanking, calling in helicopters etc.

What I find in all single player computer games, is that eventually you discover some strategy or method that is !fail.
What I prefer about human players is that they find a counter the computer isn't programmed to 'think of'.

Ixtellor

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 pm UTC

The AI on the harder difficulty levels will attempt to flank you, they will throw flashbangs from around the corners and then storm you, they will use supressing fire while other AI controlled guys get behind cover.

Its still not all that great (and they make up for that by killing you really quickly with extra damage), but still, better than the average 8 year old on live.

KrazyerKate

Postby KrazyerKate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 pm UTC

BlackSails, if you're looking for a debate please check out Serious Business. Disagree with me about the knife/melee mechanic, fine. But 1887s aren't overpowered? AI players are a better challenge than humans? I get the sense that you're just trolling.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

I never said that shotguns arent overpowered. Ive said several times that they are.

And yeah, veteran AI is better than many players on live.

KrazyerKate

Postby KrazyerKate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 pm UTC

Sorry, I was just skimming the thread and misread this as "I never see people running around with shotguns"
BlackSails wrote:Its possible. Ive actually never seen anyone running around with a single shotgun.

Humans are tougher opponents than AI. that's not an opinion, that's a fact. The number of situations you'll find yourself in when you play with people online is exponentially larger than the number of situations you'll find when playing single-player. Programmers just don't know how to make the sort of creativity people have into a computer opponent. They compensate for the computer's lack of creativity by increasing the number of players you have to fight, but once you've learned something the computer's programmed behavior, the game simply becomes following the correct pattern.

Fun, on the other hand, is completely debatable. I agree with Adacore here.
Adacore wrote:But one doesn't play the single player for the enemy AI, you do it for the scripted sequences and the 'story experience'. Although, as ever, the question does arise that if you never play single player games you can't know how far AI tech is progressing...

I've played a bit more with riot shields (I'm not giving up on them yet), and found even more reasons to remove knives from this game. People have knifed me while I was coming at them with the shield up. Watching the killcams, the enemies sometimes will stab through the shield, and other times they'll somehow jump around and stab my back (even when they aren't using commando). Anyone have an explanation? Can a minuscule amount of latency difference cause something that devastating?
Also, apparently stopping power can shoot through shields or something. I've been killed headon by someone while pointing the shield directly at them.

Whispering

Postby Whispering » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:So yeah, pretty blah except ninja (although as others have mentioned the no-falling-damage thing from commando pro might be fun).

Oh it is jumping from the third story window in the big building in quarry to knife someone when they walk by is priceless. As someone who tends to run around knifing people all the time your best defense is your ears, unless they are using ninja pro they are going to be making a lot of noise as they run up to stab you. So what perks and weapons do you tend to use? I tend to use scavenge pro, cold blooded, and either ninja or commando pro. As far as weapons it depends on what weapon I'm leveling up, and the Stinger which is very useful for getting rid of pesky killstreak rewards.

(Edit my bad I meant the Stinger)
Last edited by Whispering on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Kendo_Bunny wrote:The only thoughts you don’t tell him are the ones where you want to ride that sparkly ass like Seabiscuit.

Kag

Postby Kag » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm UTC

Whispering wrote:the javelin which is very useful for getting rid of pesky killstreak rewards.

If that's all you're using it for, switch to Stinger. Javelin draws somewhat slower and cannot target airplanes.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Chen

Postby Chen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:08 pm UTC

KrazyerKate wrote:Humans are tougher opponents than AI. that's not an opinion, that's a fact. The number of situations you'll find yourself in when you play with people online is exponentially larger than the number of situations you'll find when playing single-player. Programmers just don't know how to make the sort of creativity people have into a computer opponent. They compensate for the computer's lack of creativity by increasing the number of players you have to fight, but once you've learned something the computer's programmed behavior, the game simply becomes following the correct pattern.

Not all humans are better than AI and I think that was the point he was making. On an Xbox or Playstation I can tell you for a fact that even if I can come up with tactically sound situations my coordination with the damn 2 thumbstick things makes me FAR worse than any AI player in terms of challenge.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

I had my best kill ever last night. I was on top of a building, and a guy came up a ladder straight at me. I shot him, then reloaded and went to jump off the ledge to go find more enemies. Just as I hit the edge of the roof, I see a second guy coming up the ladder. I turned and knifed him WHILE I WAS IN MIDAIR.

I thought it was really cool.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 pm UTC

KrazyerKate wrote:Also, apparently stopping power can shoot through shields or something. I've been killed headon by someone while pointing the shield directly at them.

Depends. Some (okay, the good ones) people will aim at your feet. If you are not crouching while using the riot shield, they'll still be able to hit you. If you were crouching, then forgive me. I have no clue if stopping power actually does that much damage.

MoghLiechty2

Postby MoghLiechty2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm UTC

There's a patch that went live today that fixed a bunch of multiplayer issues, as well as, get this:

Fixed the akimbo model 1887 shotgun balance issue!

Now I can survive longer than 10 seconds in a match before reaching level 67.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 pm UTC

Rizzo wrote:
KrazyerKate wrote:Also, apparently stopping power can shoot through shields or something. I've been killed headon by someone while pointing the shield directly at them.

Depends. Some (okay, the good ones) people will aim at your feet. If you are not crouching while using the riot shield, they'll still be able to hit you. If you were crouching, then forgive me. I have no clue if stopping power actually does that much damage.

Even if you're crouching your feet can still be shot some of the time, especially if you're moving.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

MoghLiechty2 wrote:There's a patch that went live today that fixed a bunch of multiplayer issues, as well as, get this:

Fixed the akimbo model 1887 shotgun balance issue!

Now I can survive longer than 10 seconds in a match before reaching level 67.

I'm guessing this isn't a PC patch, as I was playing last night and didn't see anything download. Fixing Commando/marathon/lightweight build would be nice (that's the biggest balance issue imo). Alternatively, I could play Hardcore, but all the modes have friendly fire, which leaves me dying to idiots ( like to get 'behind' the other team, which gets me shot at alot).
Maybe if the patch does hit PC it'll fix the matchmaking issues? I get more 'Game Lobby Closed', 'Game Lobby Full', 'Failed to migrate host', etc than working matches. This also goes into these messages being nonsense, as friends have received them when we're in a party and one of us will be in the lobby fine. We also have it join just a couple of us in a game and leave the other sitting out every now and then too. How the hell is that a useful party system? It sucks at choosing hosts a good portion of the time too. Anything below 4 bars (on their terrible latency indicator) and you're at a disadvantage from lag, which is most games unfortunately.

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:33 am UTC

I just got this game last night from my cousins!
It's the PC version, and since they got the Xbox version, they have no use for it.

And, on the xbox:
One of my cousins went online with me, so me and him (TheFormidableDean) were online together. It was awesome, although the game seems like most other shooters I've played. I was getting kills with the F90 from the start. Then I unlocked the red dot, and was better.
Maybe the people in my server just sucked?

Oh, and are PC and Xbox servers separate, or do the both play together?
Spoiler:

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:25 am UTC

Although the spawn system is WAY better than previous call of duty games, it seems to revel in hating on one team when the other team has a chopper gunner or AC130. Seriously, just add a line into the code that if more than 5 people have died in a given area in the last 10 seconds, then dont spawn people there.

Also, some of the achievements are ridiculous. Getting the last kill in a match via airdropped crate? Tell me there is a single person any of you know who didnt get that through boosting.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

BlackSails wrote:Although the spawn system is WAY better than previous call of duty games, it seems to revel in hating on one team when the other team has a chopper gunner or AC130. Seriously, just add a line into the code that if more than 5 people have died in a given area in the last 10 seconds, then dont spawn people there.

Or just give people immunity to certain kill streaks for a few second after spawn. I don't know how many times I've spawned and instantly (< 2 seconds/a few steps) been killed by a predator missle.

KrazyerKate

Postby KrazyerKate » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm UTC

Or maybe you could give people handicaps if they've been died several times without getting a kill. Like bonus health, a last stand to recover from, or the ability to steal people's weapon loadout.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm UTC

KrazyerKate wrote:Or maybe you could give people handicaps if they've been died several times without getting a kill. Like bonus health, a last stand to recover from, or the ability to steal people's weapon loadout.

The AC130 kills you even with painkiller or final stand. Martyrdom doesnt help since there are no enemies near you (and on hardcore will kill any team mates who survived the initial blast), and copycat is a piece of shit. The problem isnt that it kills you. Its a goddamn artillery piece in the sky. It should kill you. The problem is that you are spawned in a spot where there is not a single thing that you can do to survive. For sure, this doesnt happen every time. But particularly on some of the more open maps, you are screwed, and there is nothing you can do.

Either 1) Dont spawn players near allies when there is an AC130 or chopper gunner in the air or
2) Spawn them indoors or
3) Dont force respawn

Speaking of predator missiles: When you see an enemy missile coming in do you
A) Scatter and run from your teammates so the missile only kills at most 1 of you.
B) Sprint towards your teammates so you can all hang together
C) Spring towards your teammate who has cold blooded so that he too can meet his doom with you.

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:25 am UTC

I pretty much marathoned through the entire single player game in one night at a friend's house not too long ago, and, wow. Holy shit. Maybe not my favorite game ever, but a serious contender for one of the best games ever. The game and cutscenes and everything are just fucking awesome. The ending was simply amazing, I was shouting at the game, "Just let me win already!" And then it did. And it was awesome.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 am UTC

Spoiler:
Pulling a knife out of your body and throwing it and killing the BBEG with was pretty awesome.

KrazyerKate

Postby KrazyerKate » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I loved the fact that you see Shepherd kill you from the first person point of view, complete with body-burning. It makes the finale that much more satisfying when you finally kill him.

ProZac wrote:
BlackSails wrote:Although the spawn system is WAY better than previous call of duty games, it seems to revel in hating on one team when the other team has a chopper gunner or AC130. Seriously, just add a line into the code that if more than 5 people have died in a given area in the last 10 seconds, then dont spawn people there.

Or just give people immunity to certain kill streaks for a few second after spawn. I don't know how many times I've spawned and instantly (< 2 seconds/a few steps) been killed by a predator missle.

I thought you were exaggerating when I first read this. You weren't. It's not just missiles either. Any air-support that is mowing down the team will spawn-kill you. I'm now quite in favor of a deathstreak that gives you temporary invincibility to killstreak rewards.

I'm getting bored of the killstreak rewards anyway. It's always two steps: call in air-support, then sit in a corner and not die. You know what would be a fun killstreak reward to play with? juggernaut armor.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 pm UTC

That would be cool. Other kill streak ideas:

Air Superiority (F-35 or SU-37 shoots down any active air supports. Lasts for some time to make it not strictly worse than EMP (or just make it a lower killstreak))
Extra Perk (until you die, you get a 4th perk, either random or selected from a list)
Stryker Vehicle (a stryker is parachuted in [can those things be airdropped?] and you/your team can lase targets for it)
Barricade (a crate is dropped in, containing a barricade. You can set it up somewhere for cover)
Sniper detector (again, in a crate. You set it up, and it tells you the location of silenced weapon fire within a certain radius. It looks like a microphone bush)
Weapon Enhancement (like extra perk, but a weapon attachment)

KrazyerKate

Postby KrazyerKate » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:50 pm UTC

yeah, they have the stryker in the single player, so they've got the models and stuff already.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm UTC

So I just unlocked the 1887 shotgun. I used it for a few games, and now I feel dirty.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

After much playing over the weekend, I've decided I hate the Automatic Shotgun (AA-12, I think?) and the people using Akimbo machine pistols (idk which, but there's a specific one). Both of these always catch me offguard and feel impossible to stop at close range in a 'they just turn and spray' way. Those machine pistols seem to have insane accuracy as well. Now I'll admit to rolling around with the first shotgun w/grip and (sometimes) hip accuracy+ and stopping power, but at least if I miss, there's time where I can be killed.

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am UTC

ProZac wrote:After much playing over the weekend, I've decided I hate the Automatic Shotgun (AA-12, I think?) and the people using Akimbo machine pistols (idk which, but there's a specific one). Both of these always catch me offguard and feel impossible to stop at close range in a 'they just turn and spray' way. Those machine pistols seem to have insane accuracy as well. Now I'll admit to rolling around with the first shotgun w/grip and (sometimes) hip accuracy+ and stopping power, but at least if I miss, there's time where I can be killed.

Aye sure if you get lucky but the stopping power and range on these weapons is pretty damn low. I've been playing with the AA-12(?) for a few days now, and while, yes occasionally I catch someone offguard and pump my clip into them, you have to realize a couple drawbacks: First of all, ammo. The auto-shot only holds like 8 rounds and comes with but one empty clip. If you have to use a full clip to kill someone (which I often do), that's only two encounters before I'm dry. Secondly, accuracy. It's so terrible on this weapon (even compaired to other shotguns), that I have literally snuck up on people, unloaded a full clip and had them turn around part way through and waste me. The accuracy on this weapon deteriorates so heavily with range I've actually found that if I'm close enough to use it effectively, I'm probably better off using my knife o_O. Anything outside of knife range is better delt with by my P90

I can't speak for Akimbo auto pistols, haven't gone down that street yet. Maybe soon.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

nowfocus

Postby nowfocus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:02 am UTC

I half to say, after really enjoying the first one, I finally came to the conclusion that this game sucks.

What happened was I got orange box, and played TF2, and saw how much better the game could be. People actually worked together, the latency issues felt damn near non-existant, the classes were balanced, you could make a good contribution whether your begining or a pro, tons of ways to play.

I went back to CODMW2 after the disc got scratched (stupid XBOX...), and it just feels like whoever has the better latency win. I didn't really feel any of the kills I got were particularly nice, nor any of the kills on me. And all the air support just dominates the game now.

I really really tried to like this game, I tried many different modes, all the kills streaks, I prestiged, it just isn't happening. What a disappointment.
Jahoclave wrote:Besides if you observe romance, you change the outcome. Especially if you put his/her friend Catherine in a box.

Menacing Spike wrote:Was it the copper hammer or the children part that caused censoring?

The Utilitarian

Postby The Utilitarian » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 am UTC

nowfocus wrote:I half to say, after really enjoying the first one, I finally came to the conclusion that this game sucks.

What happened was I got orange box, and played TF2, and saw how much better the game could be. People actually worked together, the latency issues felt damn near non-existant, the classes were balanced, you could make a good contribution whether your begining or a pro, tons of ways to play.

I went back to CODMW2 after the disc got scratched (stupid XBOX...), and it just feels like whoever has the better latency win. I didn't really feel any of the kills I got were particularly nice, nor any of the kills on me. And all the air support just dominates the game now.

I really really tried to like this game, I tried many different modes, all the kills streaks, I prestiged, it just isn't happening. What a disappointment.

Perhaps it might be more accurate to say that the high lethality, high reward style of the game doesn't agree with you? By all accounts (and my personal experience) it's definately a very fun game if you're into that sort of thing. Certainly I didn't find people worked together (outside of clans of course) any more in ANY team based FPS.

Air support options can be a pain, but it's certainly not unstoppable. When I'm not shotgunning I tend to roll with some anti-air rocketry on my back and to me heli's and harriers are just floating point pinatas.
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:40 pm UTC

I can sorta see the 'person with low latency' wins. I've died many times to a knife basically immediately after I've fired my shotgun point blank at them, watched the killcam, and it never shows me even firing. Probably not specific to this game, but all online really, I just feel like I see it more here.

And as far as using the knife, I realize the concept, but damned if I hate that thing. You miss and you can't fire/knife again for like 5 seconds. Also, it seems to be easy to miss with. I'm frequently in situations where an enemy and I knife and miss each other twice before one of us gets the kill, which is really just an awkward fight.

On a different note, this game has brought back one of the things I find fustrating about FPS's. Getting stuck on random objects. The Source engine used to be horrible for this (A friggin soda can would completely halt all movement). Now I'll try and strafe behind a wall and just barely get caught on the edge. I demand someone develop an 'auto-move' system. If you're right next to the edge of something (or knock up against a pole or something like it), and you keep trying to move that way, it should automatically slightly step you back/forward so you can keep going. Maybe it's just the 'realistic' style I have this problem with (No, realistically I would not keep trying to walk sideways into that wall. I would hit it and then back up and move around.)

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

nowfocus wrote:And all the air support just dominates the game now.

Thats what stingers are for.

I have one of my classes set up with a stinger and the stopping power pro perk.
If an enemy calls in any air, I just switch classes and shoot it down.

The only thing I don't enjoy about the game is the size of the servers.

Once you get used to hardcore mode, its very hard to go back to regular. Having to 2 burst people with an M16 gets annoying as hell.

And hardcore mode comes to a boring screeching halt as soon as you get a giant map. That trainstation in the snow map, is a total camp fest on hardcore mode.

My absolute favorite thing is the map Highrise on hardcore mode.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 pm UTC

Not playing on PC I don't know, but I would imagine the lack of dedicated servers severely hurts the team-working aspect of the game. I know when I used to play PC games a lot online you could find good servers with a lot of 'regulars' who all knew each other and worked together.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:26 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:Not playing on PC I don't know, but I would imagine the lack of dedicated servers severely hurts the team-working aspect of the game. I know when I used to play PC games a lot online you could find good servers with a lot of 'regulars' who all knew each other and worked together.

No, it doesn't. I'm playing almost daily with my clan buddies, and though we can't really use the in-game chat, we have a TeamSpeak server going on, so we're good.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:24 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
Adacore wrote:Not playing on PC I don't know, but I would imagine the lack of dedicated servers severely hurts the team-working aspect of the game. I know when I used to play PC games a lot online you could find good servers with a lot of 'regulars' who all knew each other and worked together.

No, it doesn't. I'm playing almost daily with my clan buddies, and though we can't really use the in-game chat, we have a TeamSpeak server going on, so we're good.

Yeah, I can imagine that. But I also know that the reason I got recruited into a decent clan in the first place was because the clanleader had played on the same server of me over a period of months and knew that I was a good player who actually cared about teamwork. I don't think I'd ever have started playing clanned if I hadn't been on such a server.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:56 pm UTC

Well, what we do is we just write a recruitment message once in a while during the game or at the end of the round, apparently that works. If I'm not mistaken, we have over 500 members playing MW2. Speaking of which, http://tghq.org is recruiting for all three platforms, both US and EU.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Return to “Gaming”