Starcraft 2 : The Dune II Clone

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

aaron

Re: *geek-gasm* IT'S OFFICIAL!! (Starcraft 2)

Postby aaron » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm UTC

man, TvP is one of my favorite matchups. every time i random terran, and the other guy is protoss i go bio ball with ghosts and tanks. cleans em out every time.

i've got a really funny replay of this guy just getting frustrated every time he tried to push me... ended up with my bio ball going into his main, dropping an EMP on all of his forces and the tanks blowing the shit out of them.

resulted in him saying "kja;sdkjf" "a;sdkjfa;skdjfsd" and leaving the game

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:42 pm UTC

I hit #2 in my league today.

The 2v2 games are all super small maps, and any loser that tries to tech makes his team lose.
double hard core tier one spam = gg every time.

The terran people are the worse I find. They think that if they 100% bunker in with a few back up rines, they will be ok.
They WON'T be ok. When 12 units show up, those bunkers/depots/rax drop FAST and then you just rape them.

If people get cute and try to micro, you just pound their nexus/hatch and the game is over.

What are the 3v3 and 4v4 games like? I assume bigger maps, and chokes means you can tech.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:The terran people are the worse I find. They think that if they 100% bunker in with a few back up rines, they will be ok.
They WON'T be ok. When 12 units show up, those bunkers/depots/rax drop FAST and then you just rape them.

Thats why when you see your opponent is doing a 4-gate, you wall off with big things like factory and rax. (TLO has a fast expand build where he has the option to wall off with his 2nd orbital command).

Anyway, I did end up getting the game today. Played a bunch of the campaign, havent played any multiplayer yet.

aaron

Postby aaron » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 pm UTC

BlackSails wrote:
Ixtellor wrote:The terran people are the worse I find. They think that if they 100% bunker in with a few back up rines, they will be ok.

Thats why when you see your opponent is doing a 4-gate, you wall off with big things like factory and rax. (TLO has a fast expand build where he has the option to wall off with his 2nd orbital command).

Anyway, I did end up getting the game today. Played a bunch of the campaign, havent played any multiplayer yet.

you don't even need a factory, just have a couple scvs behind the supply depots repairing. unless they were pushing stalkers (in which case you should have a good force too) then the zealots can't break down the depots

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 am UTC

Why is it that all protoss players think massing void rays is a good strategy? It really isn't.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 am UTC

Because it worked well in placements, and they look cool.
Also, when you mass void rays and win, you probably won really badly
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:01 pm UTC

People really suck at defending their minerals. It's really fun to exploit. I mean... dropping large quantities of auto-turrets among their workers! This is pure genius. This I mostly do if I'm being attacked by an overwhelming force later in the game. As the other player is distracted by the assault, the turrets often kill all builders and sometimes the command center and adjacent buildings, which then distracts him/her from the assault, allowing me to (hopefully) get an upper hand.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:People really suck at defending their minerals. It's really fun to exploit. I mean... dropping large quantities of auto-turrets among their workers! This is pure genius. This I mostly do if I'm being attacked by an overwhelming force later in the game. As the other player is distracted by the assault, the turrets often kill all builders and sometimes the command center and adjacent buildings, which then distracts him/her from the assault, allowing me to (hopefully) get an upper hand.
Yea, this is especially fun to abuse as zerg if you get to mutas. Toss don't have quite as good harass for this though (a double immortal + warp ins can be ok).

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

I spent all last night doing 2v2. Tried that 4 gateway zealot rush. I think we're doing it a little wrong, because we're not having nearly as much success as mentioned above. Winning more than losing, though. The biggest difficulty we've faced is how to handle things after the initial attack, since it's rare that we can completely obliterate both opponents right off the bat. We lost one where we took out the first guy but pushed too hard with too little against the second. He held off our zealots with a shit-ton of supply depots and marauders, then took out all our probes with Reapers. Lessons learned, i guess.

We did have one game that was kinda epic. We got out-rushed by a pair of Zerg players. We (barely) survived the initial Zergling rush, and i counterattacked while my partner attempted to turtle (which exasperated me). The counterattack failed, but did enough damage to stall the next attack. When they finally took out my next army with a shit-ton of hydras and roaches (dude was a surgeon with roaches) and moved on to my base a GG'd and left. My partner, who at the time i left had four nexuses, two gateways, and essentially nothing else, did not. He used the resources he'd amassed while i was harassing our opponents to build 8 stargates and begin spamming void rays. These ruined the small amount of anti-air that had survived their run-ins with my collosuses (collosii?) and destroyed their base entirely. I still can't believe that worked, but i saw the replay.

Also, turns out you'll still get a win if your partner wins after you quit.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

psion

Postby psion » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 pm UTC

HT, DT, and VRs are actually the most excellent units for profiting from distraction.
Spambot5546 wrote:I spent all last night doing 2v2. Tried that 4 gateway zealot rush. I think we're doing it a little wrong, because we're not having nearly as much success as mentioned above. Winning more than losing, though. The biggest difficulty we've faced is how to handle things after the initial attack, since it's rare that we can completely obliterate both opponents right off the bat. We lost one where we took out the first guy but pushed too hard with too little against the second. He held off our zealots with a shit-ton of supply depots and marauders, then took out all our probes with Reapers. Lessons learned, i guess.

You probably should have just held back while teching and expanding. It sounds like you just threw your army at him mindlessly. If you kill one, there's no need to kill the second one right away. Every second that passes is a second that your opponent falls behind, because it's two bases of resource gathering versus one. Just attack when you're ready.
Last edited by psion on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Texas_Ben

Postby Texas_Ben » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

What are some actual legitimate good strategies for Terran? I wanted to beat the campaign before I did multiplayer, so I'm just doing my placements now. I don't want to pick up bad habits though. My first placement I won because the other player dropped before our units even made contact, and my second I won by harassing his expansions with Banshees then swarming him with a huge mass of Thors. He was turtling though, and I'm assuming that's as poor an idea in SC2 as it is in SC1.
Anyway, is Marine + Thor + Air a bad habit I should get out of? Because I liked it.

psion

Postby psion » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 pm UTC

No strategy is a bad strategy if it works. You can go here for some of the various popular build orders and notes on the match ups.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:33 pm UTC

Texas_Ben wrote:Anyway, is Marine + Thor + Air a bad habit I should get out of? Because I liked it.

I wouldn't call it a bad habit. Generally though, you shouldn't have any one set strategy you always head into, particularly with the high level techs like thors. You should be scouting your enemy and reacting and building whatever would work best against his current strategy.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm UTC

psion wrote:You probably should have just held back while teching and expanding. It sounds like you just threw your army at him mindlessly. If you kill one, there's no need to kill the second one right away. Every second that passes is a second that your opponent falls behind, because it's two bases of resource gathering versus one. Just attack when you're ready.

That's pretty much the same conclusion we came to, coupled with a Cold War style containment policy. In other words, our SOP in that scenario is to block our opponent in and not let him get any other mineral fields than the one in his base while we tech up and come in to wipe him out with motherships or something. Like you said, time is on our side at that stage.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:32 pm UTC

Texas_Ben wrote:What are some actual legitimate good strategies for Terran? Anyway, is Marine + Thor + Air a bad habit I should get out of? Because I liked it.

After playing about 100 games here are the Terran strats I see most.

1) Mass marauders.
2) Rax rush - where they build 1-2 raxes outside your base in the fog.
3) Turtle with marines and let their partner tech up quickly, only works on those chokes to both bases.
4) Turtle and tech to drop ships.

I have never lost a game due to a terran teching to anything higher than marauders with marines for anti-air. On 2v2 games the maps are just too small.

Spambot5546 wrote:The biggest difficulty we've faced is how to handle things after the initial attack, since it's rare that we can completely obliterate both opponents right off the bat.

I generally build my core after we crush the first guy, then make 2 stargates and go to rays if they are needed.
But the question is: how, is 1 guy holding off 2? If he is that turtled, you need to tech and expand a little.

Spambot5546 wrote:We got out-rushed by a pair of Zerg players.

95% of all my losses are to getting out rushed now. I was on that super small map and 12 lings popped in my base while my first rax was warping in: GG.
Lost another game too double terran who rax rushed, totaly neglected their economy, and had 8 marines in my base when I only had 1 zealot.

The biggest most consistant mistake I see people make is over teching or pushing for it too hard.
One photon cannon at your choke or in your mineral line is going to defeat most of that stuff.

I played another 4v4 and ended up with the highest score and never made anything higher than a zealot. I gave away 90% of my gas to my partners and wiped out 2 enemy bases with 30+ Charge/+3/+3/+3 Zealots.

Having one void ray isn't going to save you when 20 zealots/roaches show up.

QUESTION:

Is anyone else doing 2v2 arranged team leagues? They are SOOO Much harder than 2v2 random.
I found a partner and we only qualified for Silver, while I am still ranked #2 in my 2v2 random gold league.
(I would be ranked #1 but spent 2 hours doing team games)

psion

Postby psion » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:Is anyone else doing 2v2 arranged team leagues? They are SOOO Much harder than 2v2 random.
I found a partner and we only qualified for Silver, while I am still ranked #2 in my 2v2 random gold league.
(I would be ranked #1 but spent 2 hours doing team games)

Probably just your teammate and/or luck of the draw. Random and arranged are identical, much to people's dismay. I'd play with you but I haven't seen you on.
Also, gateway != rax, and your rank is pretty meaningless when there's something like half a million divisions or more, sorry to say.
Ixtellor wrote:Having one void ray isn't going to save you when 20 zealots/roaches show up.

Actually, I've lost a game exactly that way. ZZvZP, sent about 20 roaches at the Zerg when a VR showed up. We couldn't finish the Zerg before the VR killed the majority of our roaches, and then 4 VRs went to my base just as I was constructing Hydra. Two queens and 4 Hydra aren't a match for 4 charged VRs.
Last edited by psion on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:56 pm UTC

I'm thinking about going for the 1k portraits instead of trying to get a good rank at first...

Am I sane?
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:32 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:I'm thinking about going for the 1k portraits instead of trying to get a good rank at first...

Am I sane?

Well, yes, provided that you go for Nova and the two hybrids first (as a side effect of which, you will have the Mira portrait and emblem, and the Tosh emblem).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

aaron

Postby aaron » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:20 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:Is anyone else doing 2v2 arranged team leagues? They are SOOO Much harder than 2v2 random.

2v2 team leagues and 2v2 random are in the same league, i play premade teams all the time when i random queue

TommyTumnus

Postby TommyTumnus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm UTC

I've played two 4v4 games so far where the map has been bled dry of all resources (or very, very close), and I have to admit, while lasting forever, they're the most fun games of Starcraft 2 I've played so far. It just feels like the way the game was meant to be played, with armies constantly destroying and being destroyed, with every expansion changing hands every five minutes. You're on your toes for an hour or more, but the excitement is always there. Things are especially entertaining when resources start running out, and suddenly everyone's trying to be much more conservative and precise with their assaults, knowing that it may be their last big push. Those are also the times when friendly banter between sides increases (it helps to wind down after long games like that).

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

Yeah, Starcraft was *meant* to be played as a long-term conflict. All this rushing nonsense is a side-effect of small maps. I don't consider it the "real" way to play.

Tycho summed it up well in a Penny Arcade newspost a few days ago:
Tycho wrote:Before meeting him, I thought that Starcraft was a game where you built up your defenses and then teched up to the weird shit and then fought your opponent in the middle of the map somewhere. Watching him play that game - a game I owned, and played, and thought I knew - practically ruined the genre for me.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Dark567
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

Xanthir wrote:Yeah, Starcraft was *meant* to be played as a long-term conflict. All this rushing nonsense is a side-effect of small maps. I don't consider it the "real" way to play.

Tycho summed it up well in a Penny Arcade newspost a few days ago:
Tycho wrote:Before meeting him, I thought that Starcraft was a game where you built up your defenses and then teched up to the weird shit and then fought your opponent in the middle of the map somewhere. Watching him play that game - a game I owned, and played, and thought I knew - practically ruined the genre for me.

I disagree, one of the explicit goals in creating it if I remember right, was to start the action faster than warcraft and other similar games. I also wonder if people don't get the feeling that RTS always involve teching up into some middle level before fighting due to playing a lot of AI earlier on in their gaming careers. I remember playing Age of Empires 2 often as single player against the AI because I didn't have internet back, and then when I got internet I would always get attacked withing the first 5 minutes and not understand what the hell was going on, didn't people tech up first?. I hated that style of play. Eventually I played Starcraft and played through the campaign and again the the same thing happened except more extreme. This made me generally leave multiplayer Starcraft until I got to college and had some friends that are serious players. I started playing again and was pretty much astonished by the field of play and the complexity of the strategy involved. It amazed me that players were still innovating new strategies 8 years after the game had been released. AoE ceased any real innovation probably less than 2 years after. People figured out that some units(and teams) were mathematically better than others and closed off entire strategies(this of course being a balancing issue that should have been fixed).

In many ways the rushing was produced because Starcraft was designed to skip ahead to the action, and ignore some of the more mundane base management.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

which isn't to say that people don't still mass up huge armies. Even with all the harassing and such, higher level players still max out their supply 15 fifteen or twenty minutes

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

How do the challenges work? I just got 0 deaths on the rush defender one, and got nothing for it. I also got gold on the first three, and again, nothing.

Also, what is with the ramp on delta quadrant? I can never seal it off right.

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm UTC

How did you get 0 deaths on rush defender?? I only managed to get by with two deaths, and that's after realizing I could bait the zealots with my flying command center whilst my scvs hide in the bottom corner of the map, and my rax in the other bottom corner churns out marines, who completely ignored the zealots and wiped out the base... (1 death from an scv that accidentally died when it ended up on the wrong side of the wall blocking the zerg, and one death from the supply depot being destroyed in the zealot rush).
I find it amusing that, with patience and careful avoidance of the photon cannon, a single marine can win the second half of that challenge.

Anyways, if your connection is slightly spotty, you can get disconnected from battle.net while doing the challenges, which would prevent you from getting the achievement. That's the only thing that's prevented me from getting an achievement (and it would only have been bronze in Terran counters or whatever that was called).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm UTC

Here is how you get zero deaths:

Stage 1) First, you wall off with big buildings. Something along the lines of rax, bay and a depot (for that right corner). The zerglings will come as your rax is still building. That is ok. Build marines and repair the wall. If your scvs end up on the wrong side of the wall, just run them away and stick them in a corner.

Stage 2) ASAP build a rax 3 squares from your command center. When you have the money, build a 2nd rax so there is a hole in the middle. Put a bunker(And produce some SCVs) in the whole. Your first marine should finish just before the zealot is in your base. Bait the zealot away until the bunker is finished, then put the marine inside (carefully, dont get him killed). Build a 2nd bunker next to the first, and more marines, and keep repairing the bunker. Put supply depots on the exposed face of the 2nd bunker. The zealots will now have to run all the way around to get to the bunkers, and they will die. Build some gas, get a bunch of marauders and stomp the buildings.

The goal is to have the marines in the bunker firing at the zealots, but force the zealots to run around your buildings to hit the bunker.

psion

Postby psion » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm UTC

Xanthir wrote:Yeah, Starcraft was *meant* to be played as a long-term conflict. All this rushing nonsense is a side-effect of small maps. I don't consider it the "real" way to play.

I find it rather silly to impose unspoken ethical rules to a competitive war-based strategy game. Chess is just as much meant to be a long-term conflict, but people don't get angry when they get checkmated in under 5 moves.
I guess it's something you have to see the beauty of for yourself. If you just play to win and have fun blowing stuff up, then I can understand it being frustrating when you lose and don't get to blow stuff up. If you're playing just to learn the game because you find it innately interesting, then there's a lot of fun and satisfaction to be had from learning what works and what doesn't work. Modifying and expanding your play to incorporate all the elements, and then when you think you have it figured out, seeing something you've never seen before which makes you realize there's still so much more to understand. That effect may not have been intended, but it's the reason why this thread is 20 pages long and Command and Conquer 4 never reached the second page.

Dark567

Postby Dark567 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 pm UTC

Mo0man wrote:which isn't to say that people don't still mass up huge armies. Even with all the harassing and such, higher level players still max out their supply 15 fifteen or twenty minutes

Right there is no reason to drag a game out over hours and only have the vital strategy decisions made every 10 minutes or so. This was the insight Starcraft brought to the table.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:10 pm UTC

Starcraft is not meant to be played as a tech up fest. Its meant to be an RTS.

Sure, you can macro up if you want and play like Idra. But you dont have to.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 pm UTC

psion wrote:

I find it rather silly to impose unspoken ethical rules to a competitive war-based strategy game. Chess is just as much meant to be a long-term conflict, but people don't get angry when they get checkmated in under 5 moves.
I guess it's something you have to see the beauty of for yourself. If you just play to win and have fun blowing stuff up, then I can understand it being frustrating when you lose and don't get to blow stuff up. If you're playing just to learn the game because you find it innately interesting, then there's a lot of fun and satisfaction to be had from learning what works and what doesn't work. Modifying and expanding your play to incorporate all the elements, and then when you think you have it figured out, seeing something you've never seen before which makes you realize there's still so much more to understand. That effect may not have been intended, but it's the reason why this thread is 20 pages long and Command and Conquer 4 never reached the second page.

Obviously, my post had a big invisible IMO plastered over it.

(I understand the fun and appeal of fighting at all stages of the game - running an axemen rush in Civ4 is fun and hugely different than waiting until the 20th century and doing tank pushes - but it's very rarely the type of game I want to play. For me, all the fun stuff happens in the mid and late game when you have big bunches of cool stuff that you and your opponent can ram into each other.)
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:12 am UTC

Well, you can tech to anything in the game in less than 10 minutes. You just can't (well, shouldn't) tech to everything in less than 10 minutes.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:08 am UTC

WarDaft wrote:Well, you can tech to anything in the game in less than 10 minutes. You just can't (well, shouldn't) tech to everything in less than 10 minutes.

Dont brood lords take a tad over 10 minutes?

Anyway, fuck random 2v2. I just had an ally whose idea of an attack force 15 minutes into the game is 6 reapers.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:36 am UTC

Finished the campaign. :mrgreen:

Though...
Spoiler:
Was anyone else really dissatisfied at the resolution with Tychus? I mean... it just seems so trivial. "I'm going to kill kerrigan now... might as well pull this trigger as slow as possible to give Jimmy time to jump in front of it." "Oh, and good thing Raynor wears lots of armor, wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, except me, because I guess he shot me in the head when I lowered my helmet, oops".

I was expecting Tychus to work for Mengsk, but seriously, all that tension buildup for nothing.

That last mission was tough though, and the hard achievement is to only use one pulse? Meep. Though I think it would have been 100x easier if there weren't brood lords, those bastards are just mean. (Obviously, I negated the nydus)

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 am UTC

At the ending......

Spoiler:
I know. I mean, Blizz building up all the character and persona of Tychus, just to have him shot in the end. I am just hoping that he doesn't die, but that might be too much to ask for. I mean, personally, I like that guy very much!

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:33 am UTC

Had a rough day at the office, some fun games though.
Got a decent terran partner and a good zerg one now.

I don't like how you have to requalify for every team combo.

Also, we need 2 different threads. 1 for campaign, 1 for pvp.

J the Ninja

Postby J the Ninja » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 am UTC

Xeio wrote:Finished the campaign. :mrgreen:

Though...
Spoiler:
Was anyone else really dissatisfied at the resolution with Tychus? I mean... it just seems so trivial. "I'm going to kill kerrigan now... might as well pull this trigger as slow as possible to give Jimmy time to jump in front of it." "Oh, and good thing Raynor wears lots of armor, wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, except me, because I guess he shot me in the head when I lowered my helmet, oops".

I was expecting Tychus to work for Mengsk, but seriously, all that tension buildup for nothing.

That last mission was tough though, and the hard achievement is to only use one pulse? Meep. Though I think it would have been 100x easier if there weren't brood lords, those bastards are just mean. (Obviously, I negated the nydus)

IMO, it's easier if you eliminate the flyers. Then you can just spam banshee's since they are good against Nydus worms, the attack waves, and Kerrigan.
Shishichi wrote:Applies a sexward force to counter the sexpression effect that Forward Advection can apply to fluid density, particularly along sextainer boundaries. In this way, the sextribute attempts to conserve the overall fluid volume ensuring no density loss.
(he/him/his)

WarDaft

Postby WarDaft » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 am UTC

J the Ninja wrote:IMO, it's easier if you eliminate the flyers. Then you can just spam banshee's since they are good against Nydus worms, the attack waves, and Kerrigan.

So are Siege Tanks. They're also just over 70% more primary target DPS for only slightly higher cost.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:38 am UTC

Or do any of like a trillion strategies, just like Blizzard wanted

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:17 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:
I don't like how you have to requalify for every team combo.

What would you suggest? If I pair up with a diamond ranked friend for my placement matches, how on earth can you tell my skill level?

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:38 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:
J the Ninja wrote:IMO, it's easier if you eliminate the flyers. Then you can just spam banshee's since they are good against Nydus worms, the attack waves, and Kerrigan.
So are Siege Tanks. They're also just over 70% more primary target DPS for only slightly higher cost.
Mind Control Towers + Medivacs := My Personal Muta Army

Though I used siege plus BC backup against ground. Kerrigan was a bitch though, she took down the merc BC in one go. :cry:

Return to “Gaming”