Starcraft 2 : The Dune II Clone

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Re: *geek-gasm* IT'S OFFICIAL!! (Starcraft 2)

Postby phlip » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:31 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:Makes me think, does the SC2 engine even support battles the scale of the final SC1 mission?

Not as far as I can tell... from tinkering around, it seems if you have more than 1 race at once, they still share the same supply count... as opposed to each having their own, like in SC1. So you can still only get 200 supply worth of units, even with multiple races. I haven't tried messing around with the campaign editor, maybe it's more flexible there, but in a single-player custom game, at least, turn on the invincibility cheat and neural parasite an SCV and a probe, and end up with all three tech trees... and they'll all share the same supply count.

Also, since we're sharing... I'm Phlip 494 (SEA). I don't play MP much, but that's mainly an aversion to randoms... if it's someone I know (say, someone from here) then I'm up for it. I'll probably lose, but I'll be up for it.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:26 pm UTC

I'm FireEscape 450, and I'm locked in the European zone.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Spambot5546

Postby Spambot5546 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:36 pm UTC

Diadem wrote:I can't find you. Are you sure you're in Europe?

No, i forgot the game was region locked.
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:41 pm UTC

Oh hey. Interesting.

Still not ideal, but still interesting.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm UTC

Got the game yesterday, I'm installing it now. If someone wants one of the free trials for this game of WoW, PM me and I'll give you the code.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

aaron

Postby aaron » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:01 pm UTC

Kain wrote:Don't worry, sooner or later you will get where you belong...
So, the game lagged me out of a game, before it started, which didn't count as a loss, but ruined my streak (or at least, my chance at one... wish I had known before my last match, I wouldn't have been so stressed when it appeared I might lose).

Think I could print the recent match screenshot and submit a bug report? It clearly shows three wins in a row in 1v1... (I know, I know, if I am serious about going for 1000 wins, I will almost inevitably get a 5 streak somewhere down the line)

i think you're worrying about it too much

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

Probably right, though I think I am more worrying that I will get a 5 streak, only to have the same bug occur. Highly unlikely that it does though, so meh. (I lost the fifth game to a gold player, so it didn't matter this time).

Anyone have any tips on killing the 4 hatcheries in the third mission on hard? Namely, about how many marines/medics would be advised?
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:39 pm UTC

phlip wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:Makes me think, does the SC2 engine even support battles the scale of the final SC1 mission?

Not as far as I can tell... from tinkering around, it seems if you have more than 1 race at once, they still share the same supply count... as opposed to each having their own, like in SC1. So you can still only get 200 supply worth of units, even with multiple races. I haven't tried messing around with the campaign editor, maybe it's more flexible there, but in a single-player custom game, at least, turn on the invincibility cheat and neural parasite an SCV and a probe, and end up with all three tech trees... and they'll all share the same supply count.
To say the LEAST, yes, the editor supports insane battle sizes. Food sizes are set on a per-race basis, and according to the editor... have a maximum of 524,287. It's just not broken in that each race you control has a separate food count (yes, I consider that broken, or rather a limitation of the origional engine).

The actual customizability of the game from the editor is... insane really. Not the simplest thing to use though (and it's probably still more powerful once someone gets an unoffical galaxy code editor out).

Though, as to why they didn't opt to use the huge food counts? I dunno, you'd have to ask the level designers.

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:51 am UTC

Xeio wrote:Though, as to why they didn't opt to use the huge food counts? I dunno, you'd have to ask the level designers.

Possibly because making huge foodcount armies necessary for the final mission would have raised the specs of the game. My computer can barely handle 200/200 armies, it would melt with 400/400. I think a long time ago they did mention trying to keep the minimum specs low to make the game as accessible as possible.

Now that I've finished the campaign, I'm trying to decide if it's worth playing again on brutal just to get the Kerrigan portrait. Hmm.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 am UTC

Brutal is so much more challenging. It's worth it playing on brutal, at least if you like a challenge. Some of the missions aren't very different, but a few are absolutely brutal on brutal.

I really like the campaign. All of the missions are original and a lot of fun.

All in could have been a bit more epic though. I was disappointed I didn't see any brutalisks, for example. It would have been just awesome to see seas of zerglings, or a dozen omegalisks attacking you. But instead you only get Kerrigan who's dangerous (extremely dangerous), but that's it. Not saying the mission is too easy, but it doesn't feel epic enough somehow. Perhaps the 200 food cap is to blame for that.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:05 pm UTC

Brutal seems MUCH harder than hard. I have consistently failed on the first attempt on each mission because I'm still in the Hard willy-nilly mindset of attacking early with everything I have, which just gets you crushed on Brutal. Micro also seems to be required, no more attack moving with my bio ball and instawinning. Looking forward to the more challenging missions, though to be fair I'm getting a decent challenge even on the first bunch.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Texas_Ben

Postby Texas_Ben » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:22 pm UTC

On brutal, is it just improved AI, or do they actually buff enemy units? I know enemies in casual have 1/2 health.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 pm UTC

Texas_Ben wrote:On brutal, is it just improved AI, or do they actually buff enemy units? I know enemies in casual have 1/2 health.

Enemies seem stronger, but I'm not sure. AI is definitely improved, and there are a lot more units on the map. (Eg in mission 2, they have a siege tank, owch!, enemy waves are bigger, etc)
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

setzer777
Good questions sometimes get stupid answers

Postby setzer777 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:24 pm UTC

So I've been tempted to buy this game, but I heard that the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are going to be $60 each. If I buy it I want to get the full single player, but I'm not sure that's worth $180...
Meaux_Pas wrote:We're here to go above and beyond.

Too infinity
of being an arsehole

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:03 pm UTC

Wings of Liberty is a full 29-mission single player campaign. I'd say it's worth $60, and it's not like you have to buy the next two games if you get this one. You'll probably just want to.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 pm UTC

setzer777 wrote:So I've been tempted to buy this game, but I heard that the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are going to be $60 each. If I buy it I want to get the full single player, but I'm not sure that's worth $180...
Still not sure where everyone is getting these pricings, is there actually a source? Or is this all rumors? They've stuck to $30 in the past for expansions, I don't see why they'd deviate from that (well, possibly $5-10, since they upped the full game's price form $50 to $60). Their official statements seem to coincide with this.

psion

Postby psion » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
setzer777 wrote:So I've been tempted to buy this game, but I heard that the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are going to be $60 each. If I buy it I want to get the full single player, but I'm not sure that's worth $180...
Still not sure where everyone is getting these pricings, is there actually a source? Or is this all rumors? They've stuck to $30 in the past for expansions, I don't see why they'd deviate from that (well, possibly $5-10, since they upped the full game's price form $50 to $60). Their official statements seem to coincide with this.

Though it's just rumors, that official statement is all but saying it'll be exactly $60 for each game. "We want to charge more money than an expansion generally would cost, but we don't want you to feel like we're completely ripping you off, so we also want it to be a valuable product."

I just finished all the campaign achievements today... Well, except for Lost Viking Gold and the It's Raid Night one. I don't think I have the will to do those at this time.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:35 pm UTC

Finally got Hurry Up, It's Raid Night. It isn't as hard as I think, really. I have only played through the game on Casual before going straight for this achievement. It helps to read the mission dependency list (ie. what are the requirements to unlock missions), but other than that, most things can be solved with MMM and tanks. You just have to be aggressive and move out early.

Speaking of the Galaxy Editor, have anyone seen the Metal Slug Starcraft?

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm UTC

achan1058 wrote:Finally got Hurry Up, It's Raid Night. It isn't as hard as I think, really. I have only played through the game on Casual before going straight for this achievement. It helps to read the mission dependency list (ie. what are the requirements to unlock missions), but other than that, most things can be solved with MMM and tanks. You just have to be aggressive and move out early.

Yeah, you need to do 19 missions to beat the game, and that must include supernova and maw of the void. So I chose to skip all of Tosh, and did the first Zeratul in place of the secret mission. I think it took less than 6 hours, even with 3 level failures.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 am UTC

mike-l wrote:Yeah, you need to do 19 missions to beat the game, and that must include supernova and maw of the void. So I chose to skip all of Tosh, and did the first Zeratul in place of the secret mission. I think it took less than 6 hours, even with 3 level failures.
I skipped all the Horner mission after the train, Tosh's last mission, and obviously Zeratul's last mission, ended up doing 20 so I get max research for both protoss and zerg. (I butchered up by helping the protoss instead of Dr. Hanson.) I think I spent about 6.5 hours, but that's probably because I am being slow, and trying to nab the normal mission achievements at the same time.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 am UTC

I did do all the zeratul missions, because they give so much research, which is very useful. At the end I did exactly 19 missions total, had 5K money left after buying all important upgrades, and got 25/25 on the tech. Very nicely done imho :) Took me about 5 hours all in all. Zeratul's last mission is quite long, but his second mission is like 10 min, and his third is like 5, so his missions are certainly worth it. Think I skipped all of Doc Hanson, the Odin missions + secret and, hmmm, the last Tosh I believe. Means you miss, let's see, firebats, helions, vikings, wraiths, spectres and thors. The only unit on that list you would possibly miss is the viking, and if you disable air in the last mission that's not a problem either.

edit: Zeratul's last mission is not as long as people seem to think. After you have 1500 kills just have your units shoot eachother and it'll soon be over. But really you have plenty of time to play it all the way. I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of which missinos you have to do, I suppose you can skip it and do Tosh instead. Spectres are nice, and his mission can be done quite fast (like 15 min perhaps). But definitely do not skip Zeratul's 2nd and 3rd mission as they are some of the fastest in the game. And the research is just too awesome. Not sure if you can still reach 25/25 if you skip his last mission, would have to check.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 am UTC

Diadem wrote:I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of which missinos you have to do,

I was interested in this info as well, so here it is for reference.

Number of missions to unlock:
4: The Devil's Playground
6: The Great Train Robbery
7: Safe Haven/Haven's Fall
8: The Dig, Breakout/Ghost of a Chance
11: The Moebius Factor
14: Supernova

In addition, The Dig unlocks Zeratul's Missions and Maw of the Void unlocks Char.

psion

Postby psion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm UTC

achan1058 wrote:Finally got Hurry Up, It's Raid Night. It isn't as hard as I think, really. I have only played through the game on Casual before going straight for this achievement. It helps to read the mission dependency list (ie. what are the requirements to unlock missions), but other than that, most things can be solved with MMM and tanks. You just have to be aggressive and move out early.

Speaking of the Galaxy Editor, have anyone seen the Metal Slug Starcraft?

Yeah, it's not at all hard. The few missions I've done on normal difficulty have been so easy that I've completed them in 15 minutes or so. I'd suspect I'd only need 6 hours, but that's 6 hours for one achievement. I think I'll try to get that damn Lost Viking gold first. The problem with Lost Viking is the imprecise controls. You have to rely on bomb immunity sometimes, and knowing when to bomb is the only difficult part.
Last edited by psion on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm UTC

Well we have:
The Evacutation - 3 zerg
Outbreak - 2 zerg
Safe Haven / Haven's Fall - 3 zerg / 3 protoss

The Devil's Playground - 3 zerg
Welcome to the Jungle - 3 protoss
Breakout / Ghost of a Chance - 50,000 cash

The Great Train Robbery - 3 zerg
Cutthroat - 3 protoss
Engine of Destruction - 3 zerg
Media Blitz - none (secret level)
Piercing the Shroud - 3 zerg, 4 protoss

Whispers of Doom - 3 zerg, 3 protoss
A Sinister Turn - 3 zerg, 3 protoss
Echoes of the Future - 4 zerg, 2 protoss
In Utter Darkness - 3 zerg, 3 protoss

Smash and Grab - 4 protoss
The Dig - 3 protoss
The Moebius Factor - 3 zerg
Supernova - 4 protoss
Maw of the Void - 4 protoss

And now I'm slightly confused because according to this list my playthrough would only have gotten me 22 Zerg research, but I have all 25 (just doublechecked) and I think I remember selling a few points as well. do you get some free research somewhere? Confusing!

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm UTC

psion wrote: I think I'll try to get that damn Lost Viking gold first.

Lost viking is easy once you get the hang of it. 500K points requires three playthroughs (maybe 3 + a tiny little bit of the 4th). The 2nd and 3rd are only marginally harder than the first though. Most important thing is to get the sidepod ugprades. Not only do they shoot guided missiles, they also protect you against hits. Each absords one hit. And upgrades change colour after a few seconds, so you can wait with taking an upgrade until it has the right colour.

So I just took 2 sidepods first, then 2 laser upgrades, then only bombs unless I got hit, then retake sidepod. Don't hesitate to use bombs whenever you are in a tight spot, and it becomes easy.

psion

Postby psion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:26 pm UTC

I think the problem is that I'm actually pretty good at sidescrolling shooters, so when I see an array of bullets I just get to work dodging them instead of using my bombs. But the controls are so imprecise that I'm not actually capable of dodging them. Next time I do Terratron I'm just going to bomb everytime he attacks.
edit: yeah, just got it with liberal bomb use without losing a life or drone.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:33 am UTC

I find that the keyboard control is rather problematic, since the up/down/left/right arrows doesn't work well together when combined with the space key (in particular, you can't move in 1 of the diagonal direction if you hold space). At least the WASD keys work properly, so I am probably going to go after that achievement sometime.

Diadem wrote:And now I'm slightly confused because according to this list my playthrough would only have gotten me 22 Zerg research, but I have all 25 (just doublechecked) and I think I remember selling a few points as well. do you get some free research somewhere? Confusing!
I have heard that there's a bug on the campaign that gives you research points if you redo certain campaigns under some certain conditions.

psion

Postby psion » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 am UTC

You can use the keypad 0 instead of space. I had my left hand on the arrows and then hit the 0 with my right.

To dig up the pro/demotion discussion earlier, here's some extensive analysis.

Kain

Postby Kain » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 am UTC

Wait wait wait... if you win a game playing random, you get a count for both random AND the race you were playing? Sweet! (And sad that I did not know that)
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Dasboard
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Postby Dasboard » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:40 pm UTC

Just done with the campaign. Was a bit dissapointed. I expected more epicness, but after all this is only the first chapter. ( And Starcraft 1, I know )

Now onto the multiplayer! I tested my insane skills against the AI, and defeated my digital enemies pretty easy upto medium, I'ma bit scared for hard, but going to try it tonight or so. Then I'll go do my placement matches.

Edit: On topic of the random race playing. I play random too, just because I can't figure out which race I prefer. Besides, it also makes me look skilled. ( truth is, I'm not very good with any. )
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

How do you guys build your base? I'm kind of a fan of the neckbeard base. It's part of my somewhat shameful 10 minute M&M rush strategy. I attached a zipped replay of it (why can you attach zip files but not sc2replay files o_O?) if anyone want to examine it, for copying or scolding or whatever (at first I tried to upload a video of the thing, but it didn't translate to youtube very well).
Attachments
Screenshot2010-08-10 21_18_04.jpg
New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
(17.62 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Last edited by You, sir, name? on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:How do you guys build your base? I'm kind of a fan of the neckbeard base. It's part of my somewhat shameful 10 minute M&M rush strategy. I attached a zipped replay of it (why can you attach zip files but not sc2replay files o_O?) if anyone want to examine it, for copying or scolding or whatever.

Umm, did you recently play a protoss player(and kick his ass with M&M)? I feel like I saw that exact base.
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:How do you guys build your base? I'm kind of a fan of the neckbeard base. It's part of my somewhat shameful 10 minute M&M rush strategy. I attached a zipped replay of it (why can you attach zip files but not sc2replay files o_O?) if anyone want to examine it, for copying or scolding or whatever.

Umm, did you recently play a protoss player(and kick his ass with M&M)? I feel like I saw that exact base.

My current winning streak includes 2 terrans in 2v2 (I took them down singlehandedly while the other guy was fiddling around with some battle cruiser strategy he never managed to finish), 2 zergs on 1v1 and one (possibly two) protoss in 1v1. What's your handle? I might be able to reference against the replays.

--edit--

Recent protoss players I've met are: paddyquack, Mordek, Dryad and Croft. But that's just off the (mostly unsaved) replays. There doesn't seem to be a more comprehensive register of who you've met and what the outcome was.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:34 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:How do you guys build your base? I'm kind of a fan of the neckbeard base. It's part of my somewhat shameful 10 minute M&M rush strategy. I attached a zipped replay of it (why can you attach zip files but not sc2replay files o_O?) if anyone want to examine it, for copying or scolding or whatever (at first I tried to upload a video of the thing, but it didn't translate to youtube very well).
Lack of terran wall is fail. That base would be eaten alive by a good zealot/zergling rush (before you get all 3 rax up, obviously, a that point it wouldn't be a rush) unless you fast bunker which is such a waste of minerals that early. Other than that though, I just try to spread my supply depots out a bit, and just place production wherever the hell I feel like at the moment.

Dark567
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
My current winning streak includes 2 terrans in 2v2 (I took them down singlehandedly while the other guy was fiddling around with some battle cruiser strategy he never managed to finish), 2 zergs on 1v1 and one (possibly two) protoss in 1v1. What's your handle? I might be able to reference against the replays.

--edit--

Recent protoss players I've met are: paddyquack, Mordek, Dryad and Croft. But that's just off the (mostly unsaved) replays. There doesn't seem to be a more comprehensive register of who you've met and what the outcome was.

My handle is "bill". Not the most creative name. Eh, its probably just a coincidence.

Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:39 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Lack of terran wall is fail. That base would be eaten alive by a good zealot/zergling rush (before you get all 3 rax up, obviously, a that point it wouldn't be a rush) unless you fast bunker which is such a waste of minerals that early.

This. I play Zerg, and if I see a Terran who hasn't walled off his base I almost always do a 'ling rush. It usually works too.

Dark567

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 pm UTC

Woofsie wrote:
Xeio wrote:Lack of terran wall is fail. That base would be eaten alive by a good zealot/zergling rush (before you get all 3 rax up, obviously, a that point it wouldn't be a rush) unless you fast bunker which is such a waste of minerals that early.

This. I play Zerg, and if I see a Terran who hasn't walled off his base I almost always do a 'ling rush. It usually works too.

I play toss, and I just played a Terran with a similar base... and it is basically the equivalent of getting walled off. I thought my Zealot rush would work, no. By the time you either break through or get around the base, you have lost to much to make it worth it.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:How do you guys build your base? I'm kind of a fan of the neckbeard base. It's part of my somewhat shameful 10 minute M&M rush strategy. I attached a zipped replay of it (why can you attach zip files but not sc2replay files o_O?) if anyone want to examine it, for copying or scolding or whatever (at first I tried to upload a video of the thing, but it didn't translate to youtube very well).
Lack of terran wall is fail. That base would be eaten alive by a good zealot/zergling rush (before you get all 3 rax up, obviously, a that point it wouldn't be a rush) unless you fast bunker which is such a waste of minerals that early. Other than that though, I just try to spread my supply depots out a bit, and just place production wherever the hell I feel like at the moment.

It's actually surprisingly zergling/zealot rush-resistant, as they have to run all the way around the partial wall to get at the marines or SCVs, enough for what marines I have holed up to kill most of them. I can handle the first wave from behind my partial wall, and by the time serious reinforcements arrive, I have all 3 rax and a bunker. The common "plug the entry" strategy leaves you seriously vulnerable to things like early reapers and mutalisks whereas the blob strategy offers reasonable rush defense while at the same time protecting from unexpected attack vectors.

When I face protoss, the guys who see my base and spam high templars (THE PAIN!) and photon cannons are generally the ones who beat me.

Dark567

Postby Dark567 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:e common "plug the entry" strategy leaves you seriously vulnerable to things like early reapers and mutalisks whereas the blob strategy offers reasonable rush defense while at the same time protecting from unexpected attack vectors.

When I face protoss, the guys who see my base and spam high templars (THE PAIN!) and photon cannons are generally the ones who beat me.

Good to know!

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm UTC

Dark567 wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:e common "plug the entry" strategy leaves you seriously vulnerable to things like early reapers and mutalisks whereas the blob strategy offers reasonable rush defense while at the same time protecting from unexpected attack vectors.

Good to know!

Psionic Storm is my nemesis. It's worse than siege tanks, as it one-shots marines with a shield.

Return to “Gaming”