Starcraft 2 : The Dune II Clone

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

el_loco_avs

Re: Starcraft 2 : The Dune II Clone

Postby el_loco_avs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 pm UTC

Swivelguy wrote:
el_loco_avs wrote:also, a question. That dude "stole" my second gas. ie, half-built an extractor on it. I just ignored it and my first two lings + queens took it out (waited to build blingnest till afterwards). What is the value of stealing that? I never get my second gas early enough to be really bothered?

The value of stealing that is delaying or forbidding anything gas-heavy like a muta rush or cloaked roaches. Sounds like it even delayed your baneling nest construction because you didn't want it scouted (although the vision range of an unfinished building is quite small, so if you killed his SCV, you could have just built the bane nest a bit away from that refinery and it wouldn't have been seen).

Gas stealing against a zerg is not that useful, it's almost never done in high-level games. It's much more common to see zerg stealing the gas of a terran (no banshees for you) or protoss (delays the sentry or colossus count). Based on the non-A-move, it sounds like you aren't playing high level games.

At that point the not-having my second gas had no impact. Sometimes I stop mining my first gas, now with the blings i had enough before expanding on just 1 gas.
But I guess it can be mildly annoying, and terrible if you reaaaally need both gas quickly. but half-built it goes down quickly enough I guess.

Thanks for the explanation.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 pm UTC

After a two month gap of only watching, I went back into 4v4's tonight, just for a bit of a laugh. First game, got cannon rushed and I screwed up taking it out. Fair enough for my team to be annoyed at me, but I just relocated a few rax and it was fine. This one guy on my team went absolutely ballistic at me, telling me to quit, and complaining that it was retards like me that stopped him from being Masters. At this point I was laughing so hard, so I just built as many CCs as I could afford and moved to the corners of the map so I could watch this guy lose his shit completely, then I gg'd and quit.

I really odn't get why people get so angry, if you can't handle occasionally poor teammates then play 1v1s.

Soralin

Postby Soralin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:46 pm UTC

Ah yes, the coveted position of 4v4 random team masters league. ;)

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 pm UTC

Kain wrote:
Xanthir wrote:I pulled out my first legitimate win this morning (out of, like, 5 non-placement matches and no previous experience with MP play at all (so I had to learn from experience that you train abilities out of the tech labs, and medics and goliaths don't exist, grr)). Woo!

Still made several glaring mistakes, but I got the general *rhythm* down now, so it's just a matter of improving my timing now and I'll be playing proper silver-level play. Also, my opponent's idea of "saturation" was "1 probe per mineral field". And he decided the best use of his templar's energy was 5 hallucinated collosuses, instead of a storm on my bioball.

Hallucinate is a sentry ability in SC2, and storm (still on templar) requires an upgrade to use. You were probably quite safe from mental storms of death :)
You should probably keep the xkcd private chat open when in game, when there are people on they can be helpful/funny.
But they could use guardian shield or imba force field instead. Unless of course they thought you are Idra......

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 am UTC

achan1058 wrote:Unless of course they thought you are Idra......

The fast gold OC suicide has proven to be a better strategy.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
achan1058 wrote:Unless of course they thought you are Idra......

The fast gold OC suicide has proven to be a better strategy.

The best part about that, is that he had made that OC quite a while before and just left it in his base. Day 9 was commenting on it not being a very good use of a 3rd orbital...
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 am UTC

mike-l wrote:Day 9 was commenting on it not being a very good use of a 3rd orbital...

Shows what he knows. Experimental evidence shows that rushing to a third orbital, leaving it inbase most of the game, and then suiciding it before you actually use it to mine eventually leads to victory 100% of the time. It's empirically unbeatable.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Beardhammer

Postby Beardhammer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 am UTC

Jesse wrote:After a two month gap of only watching, I went back into 4v4's tonight, just for a bit of a laugh. First game, got cannon rushed and I screwed up taking it out. Fair enough for my team to be annoyed at me, but I just relocated a few rax and it was fine. This one guy on my team went absolutely ballistic at me, telling me to quit, and complaining that it was retards like me that stopped him from being Masters. At this point I was laughing so hard, so I just built as many CCs as I could afford and moved to the corners of the map so I could watch this guy lose his shit completely, then I gg'd and quit.

I really odn't get why people get so angry, if you can't handle occasionally poor teammates then play 1v1s.

The main issue with team games is that they're apparently a haven for players who can't even manage half-decent gold-level 1v1 play. Dunno about you, but I have zero interest in carrying someone to a win they didn't deserve. If I'm in a team game and notice that my partner's been doing fuckall for the entire game, I just up and leave - whether I was winning or not. I'd rather take a loss than give someone a win they didn't deserve (and if they pull out a win anyway, the players I was trashing weren't worth the time anyway.)

I tend to do nothing but screw around in random team games as a result, doing shit like mass queen+mass spine crawler, 1 base ultralisks, mothership rush, and mass ghost.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 am UTC

Thought I'd play some 1v1 on the US server, to see where i'd be placed. Dont think I even got placed last time (I play more on the aussie server.) Got into a ZvZ on Shakuras Plateau. He tried to get me with lings, but I had just popped a few roaches who, along with a couple of spine crawlers, fought off the attack. He then attacked again, with my defences in place, and got slaughtered, so I went and countered. He had just put up his natural, but no drones yet, so I ignored that and walked into his main. He was frantically building spines, and only just barely manages to hold off my attack. By then, I had already massed up a new force, and had quite a few drones as well, so I push for the win. He manages to pop some mutas, but I just plonk some spores at my natural, and went for the base race. Halfway through they realise I am gonna win, so they try to bring the mutas back, but they were too late.

I ended up getting placed in Platinum. Platinum?!? I'm not that good. The guy only built 24 drones!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

TheBanana

Postby TheBanana » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Thought I'd play some 1v1 on the US server, to see where i'd be placed.

How do you switch what server you want to play on?
- screen name: theBanana on SC2
gamer id: #256

TheBanana

Postby TheBanana » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:04 pm UTC

Beardhammer wrote:
The main issue with team games is that they're apparently a haven for players who can't even manage half-decent gold-level 1v1 play. Dunno about you, but I have zero interest in carrying someone to a win they didn't deserve. If I'm in a team game and notice that my partner's been doing fuckall for the entire game, I just up and leave - whether I was winning or not. I'd rather take a loss than give someone a win they didn't deserve (and if they pull out a win anyway, the players I was trashing weren't worth the time anyway.)

I dunno, I like team games a lot and I've noticed that once you're ranked diamond you tend to get pretty good players (platinum to masters rank 1v1ers) on your team.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:29 pm UTC

Beardhammer wrote:The main issue with team games is that they're apparently a haven for players who can't even manage half-decent gold-level 1v1 play. Dunno about you, but I have zero interest in carrying someone to a win they didn't deserve. If I'm in a team game and notice that my partner's been doing fuckall for the entire game, I just up and leave - whether I was winning or not. I'd rather take a loss than give someone a win they didn't deserve (and if they pull out a win anyway, the players I was trashing weren't worth the time anyway.)

I tend to do nothing but screw around in random team games as a result, doing shit like mass queen+mass spine crawler, 1 base ultralisks, mothership rush, and mass ghost.
So.... why play team games at all if you hate them so much? You're never going to get all even players, the teams will undoubtedly be at least slightly imbalanced (in or against your favor)...

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 pm UTC

Beardhammer wrote:The main issue with team games is that they're apparently a haven for players who can't even manage half-decent gold-level 1v1 play. Dunno about you, but I have zero interest in carrying someone to a win they didn't deserve. If I'm in a team game and notice that my partner's been doing fuckall for the entire game, I just up and leave - whether I was winning or not. I'd rather take a loss than give someone a win they didn't deserve (and if they pull out a win anyway, the players I was trashing weren't worth the time anyway.)

You'll notice the side effect of this is that you get paired up with worse players, who are less likely to be sufficiently competent, because you only "get a win" when you are both strong enough to beat your opponents, and your ally "is up to snuff". Ie, if you wanted to be in teams with poor players and be "forced" to tank yourself, your strategy is quite optimal.

If you actually want maximal challenge, battle.net will promote you to the level of your incompetence. If you try to win every single multiplayer game, what happens is that the games you tend to win you will be the weakest (or weaker) player on your team, while the games you lose you will be the strongest player on your team.

Instead, you are choosing to lose games and keep your ranking artificially low. The effect of this is that you will be in more games where "you could have won", and you will be in situations that when you lose, your ally will be reliably worse than you. (if your ally is as good or better than you, with your artificially low standing, you'll blow away your opponents even if you half-ass try).
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Swivelguy

Postby Swivelguy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

TheBanana wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Thought I'd play some 1v1 on the US server, to see where i'd be placed.

Buy a copy of the game from that region.
EVE Online: Daesis Wrack
Starcraft 2 (US): CosmicOsmo #465
Anarchy Online (RK2): Azzamis

yurell

Postby yurell » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm UTC

It really depends where you bought the game. If you're from Australia, you have access to the SEA and NA regions.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm UTC

So, apparently my inability to reliably tell the difference between orange and yellow at a glance nearly cost me a random 3v3 game. The opponents had paused at the beginning, so we were all messing around, and the yellow opponent joked about never seeing my portrait before, should he just quit then, etc. Anyways, I joked that I would just baneling bust him (I play random, and was terran). He responds that he would pf rush me, so I told him where I was (middle spawn, colony 426). Anyways, I go and scout the other middle spawn, notice it is empty, and correctly guess that that player lifted to the gold. My allies and I attack it, and noticing that it appears yellow, I figure the pf comment was a joke. Imagine my surprise when I next look at my base and there is a PF blasting my orbital command... evidently I was far to focused on micro and setting up my natural, and missed both the PF, and the fact that the gold seeking player was the orange opponent...
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 pm UTC

3V3, I went colossi.
After MMM/hydra+ling were repelled by the tripods and allied meatshields, they tried sniping my colossus den with mutas. After that failed, well... they kinda overreacted.

Next engagement my 4 colossi were wiped out by 30+ corruptors and 20ish vikings for each terran enemy.
I switched to templars and the corruptors just stood around for the rest of the game in a big, bored blue ball. Adequate.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 am UTC

Swivelguy wrote:
TheBanana wrote:

Na, Blizzard lets SEA versions of the game create a SEA account and a NA account. We're special like that.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I ended up getting placed in Platinum. Platinum?!? I'm not that good. The guy only built 24 drones!

What league are you on SEA. When I was a terrible silver player on SEA I was easily high gold on NA without playing a lot.

The general consensus among the people I know who ladder on both is that until you are getting to high diamond/masters SEA is actually tougher, simply due to the leagues all being a percentage type thing. i.e. Diamond is the top ~20% of players outside masters, and platinum the next ~20%, so apparently the skill range is a lot less spread out when you have a smaller sample size (such as in SEA).

mutestorm

Postby mutestorm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:49 am UTC

I hate this. I'm getting 12 points for a diamond matchup. Just throw me in plat, but dont give a gold an even match point reward vs a diamond!

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:51 am UTC

mutestorm wrote:I hate this. I'm getting 12 points for a diamond matchup. Just throw me in plat, but dont give a gold an even match point reward vs a diamond!
Well, it means that you are either going to be promoted soon, or him being demoted soon.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
Swivelguy wrote:
TheBanana wrote:

Na, Blizzard lets SEA versions of the game create a SEA account and a NA account. We're special like that.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I ended up getting placed in Platinum. Platinum?!? I'm not that good. The guy only built 24 drones!

What league are you on SEA. When I was a terrible silver player on SEA I was easily high gold on NA without playing a lot.

The general consensus among the people I know who ladder on both is that until you are getting to high diamond/masters SEA is actually tougher, simply due to the leagues all being a percentage type thing. i.e. Diamond is the top ~20% of players outside masters, and platinum the next ~20%, so apparently the skill range is a lot less spread out when you have a smaller sample size (such as in SEA).

Well, I was an alright silver player on SEA. When I was playing alot I had roughly a 70% win rate. The guy I played on NA though was only silver. I don't know how it decided I was platinum, maybe it was just because thats my only win ever?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Beardhammer

Postby Beardhammer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am UTC

Yakk wrote:

You'll notice the side effect of this is that you get paired up with worse players, who are less likely to be sufficiently competent, because you only "get a win" when you are both strong enough to beat your opponents, and your ally "is up to snuff". Ie, if you wanted to be in teams with poor players and be "forced" to tank yourself, your strategy is quite optimal.

If you actually want maximal challenge, battle.net will promote you to the level of your incompetence. If you try to win every single multiplayer game, what happens is that the games you tend to win you will be the weakest (or weaker) player on your team, while the games you lose you will be the strongest player on your team.

Instead, you are choosing to lose games and keep your ranking artificially low. The effect of this is that you will be in more games where "you could have won", and you will be in situations that when you lose, your ally will be reliably worse than you. (if your ally is as good or better than you, with your artificially low standing, you'll blow away your opponents even if you half-ass try).

I don't believe it. I was top of my little division in Diamond all of last season (usually between #3 and #6) and I still got a bunch of morons for partners... or morons for enemies. Granted, team games are NOT meant to be taken seriously, but it'd be nice if I could safely assume that, by clawing my way up to Diamond (I started in Gold that season due to losing two placement matches because of idiot partners), all four players in the game would at least know basics, like having more than 20 SCVs between your two bases, knowing how to handle simple cheese (i.e. how to wall a ramp off to stop a double 6pool), and understanding the basics of unit control and tech trees.

I eventually stopped caring about winning games and started bailing out of games that I didn't deem worth my time - if my enemies were idiots, I'd bail out (I'd typically get credited with a win because my partner would beat them and then typically whine at me immediately after the game.) If my partner was an idiot, I'd bail out... unless I was in the extremely rare mood and was actually interested in helping them learn how to play on the fly. I've got no issues with newbies... we all started somewhere. My issue is newbies that don't know how to play and immediately play team games rather than 1v1. It'd be pretty awesome if Blizzard had more of those training challenge things.

I think the ladder works fine for 1v1, but there are some problems with team games. I'm not even sure how it works, since it doesn't even have a separate arranged team queue. Does it just take an average of all players' MMRs? If it matches two high-rated players with two low-rated players, does it just arbitrarily assign one of each to each team? I suppose the ladder would be more interesting if it was a little more transparent, but I guess Blizzard has their reasons for not wanting players to learn too much about the nitty gritty.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:18 pm UTC

I don't understand why terrans don't go hellions when I go zeal/sentry/HT.

Hellions are very hard to catch in a storm, do heavy damage to the chargelot waves, and with correct flanking, can get near the sentries/HTs and act like a permanent EMP.
They are also of course excellent at mineral harass.
They don't even take bonus damage from archons...

But no, marine tank ghost all day every day.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:I don't understand why terrans don't go hellions when I go zeal/sentry/HT.

Hellions are very hard to catch in a storm, do heavy damage to the chargelot waves, and with correct flanking, can get near the sentries/HTs and act like a permanent EMP.

They're fragile, useless as soon as there is any number of armored units on the field, require SCVs for healing, and cost a lot of supply.

But beyond that, the most important reason late game hellions are rare is that they have pathing issues due to their large size and speed. This means they can't function well in a mixed group of units. So the only working army types boil down to no hellions or nothing but hellions.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:33 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:They're fragile,

But cheap.

useless as soon as there is any number of armored units on the field

Still excellent at killing workers, sniping templars, or sentries.
Also, I was talking about a zeal/sentry/ht comp, with nary a single armored unit.

require SCVs for healing

Why bother healing them, really?

and cost a lot of supply.

They aren't supposed to survive long.

But beyond that, the most important reason late game hellions are rare is that they have pathing issues due to their large size and speed. This means they can't function well in a mixed group of units.

If you have shitty micro, yes, I guess? It's not hard to put them into a separate control group.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
But beyond that, the most important reason late game hellions are rare is that they have pathing issues due to their large size and speed. This means they can't function well in a mixed group of units.

If you have shitty micro, yes, I guess? It's not hard to put them into a separate control group.

Not really. The problem is that both bio-armies and hellions are very micro intensive (and get in each others' way). If you just attack-move a bio-ball into a gateway ball, it gets absolutely slaughtered. Kiting and positioning is of utmost importance (and then there's dodging storms). The presence of a slow bio ball also prevents the hellions from using their speed to do kiting (without which they're just useless), which is barely possible in the first place if you are simultaneously microing your bio army.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

TheBanana

Postby TheBanana » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:37 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:I don't understand why terrans don't go hellions when I go zeal/sentry/HT.

Also cause stalker + high templar owns helions and it's an easy transition. The real question would be why terrans don't go thor + helion against that unit combo. People need to do more mech play.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 pm UTC

TheBanana wrote:

Also cause stalker + high templar owns helions and it's an easy transition. The real question would be why terrans don't go thor + helion against that unit combo. People need to do more mech play.

Because feedback.

Game_boy

Postby Game_boy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Because feedback.

Why didn't they do it pre-patch? I saw mass strike cannons, but not thor-hellion.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:09 pm UTC

Game_boy wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
Because feedback.

Why didn't they do it pre-patch? I saw mass strike cannons, but not thor-hellion.

They did. Terrans had just started to awaken to the possibility of actually using Thors in TvP (as popularized by thorzain), which is why That's why they were nerfed (as it went against how blizzard wanted them to be used).

Game_boy

Postby Game_boy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:51 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Game_boy wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
Because feedback.

They did. Terrans had just started to awaken to the possibility of actually using Thors in TvP (as popularized by thorzain), which is why That's why they were nerfed (as it went against how blizzard wanted them to be used).

The mass strike cannons I referred to were Thorzain's. Have you got any links to tournament thor-hellion play other than him (and, uh, Goody, but he did it anyway)?

Also David Kim is thinking about nerfing infestor-brood lord for ZvT and buffing warp prisms.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 am UTC

Game_boy wrote:Also David Kim is thinking about nerfing infestor-brood lord for ZvT and buffing warp prisms.

Yes!
Spoiler:
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

Beardhammer

Postby Beardhammer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 am UTC

TheBanana wrote:

Immortals. Cost less and are produced faster. Yeah, strike cannons will eliminate individual immortals, but it also stuns the thor, and thors lose horribly in a straight fight, let alone when those immortals are supported with stalkers or zealots. Immortal+zealot would wreck thor+hellion.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 am UTC

Finally decided to do some placement matches and Arrggh, I got DCed on in the last one, catapulting me perplexingly into gold where I've proceeded to lose every match... except one where my opponent swarmed my base with roaches and then surrendered before I could, making my inevitable fall into a more suitable bracket all the longer and more painful.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

mutestorm

Postby mutestorm » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 am UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:Finally decided to do some placement matches and Arrggh, I got DCed on in the last one, catapulting me perplexingly into gold where I've proceeded to lose every match... except one where my opponent swarmed my base with roaches and then surrendered before I could, making my inevitable fall into a more suitable bracket all the longer and more painful.

Practice with some of our bronze players.

yurell

Postby yurell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:46 am UTC

Okay, Terran are soooo much harder to play than zerg from my SEA high-silver zerg P.O.V.
I've been away from SC2 for a good three months, so my macro has suffered (and, being in silver, my macro is the reason I lose games), and I've decided to start playing random. I'm working on terran atm, and I've just found it incredibly difficult. Instead of my macro rotation being 5v4s(whatever) every time my larvae pop, I need to constantly shift through all the hotkeys for all my buildings to see which one isn't training at the moment.

Oh well, intend to play terran for a week or two before practising protoss, and then get started on randoming!
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 am UTC

yurell wrote:Okay, Terran are soooo much harder to play than zerg from my SEA high-silver zerg P.O.V.
I've been away from SC2 for a good three months, so my macro has suffered (and, being in silver, my macro is the reason I lose games), and I've decided to start playing random. I'm working on terran atm, and I've just found it incredibly difficult. Instead of my macro rotation being 5v4s(whatever) every time my larvae pop, I need to constantly shift through all the hotkeys for all my buildings to see which one isn't training at the moment.

Oh well, intend to play terran for a week or two before practising protoss, and then get started on randoming!

It's just that your different buildings have different cycle times... i.e. your rax is ~30 seconds between production cycles, but factories/starports are ~45, and CC is 17.

You will even notice that these times roughly line up that if you tab through roughly every 15 seconds, build scvs -every- time, and start a new cycle of MM/Hellion every second time and tank/viking/medivac every third time (being all the really commonly used units) you will have pretty damn good macro. Just need to keep up with supply depots then.

You can practice with me on SEA some time if you want. I'm Erasmus.733 on there. And you should go to sc2sea.com (if you haven't), it's a great site.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 am UTC

mutestorm wrote:
EdgarJPublius wrote:Finally decided to do some placement matches and Arrggh, I got DCed on in the last one, catapulting me perplexingly into gold where I've proceeded to lose every match... except one where my opponent swarmed my base with roaches and then surrendered before I could, making my inevitable fall into a more suitable bracket all the longer and more painful.

Practice with some of our bronze players.

Eh, I primarily play with some friends that are about the same skill level as me so I'm really not interested in getting that much better.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 am UTC

Beardhammer wrote:Immortals. Cost less and are produced faster. Yeah, strike cannons will eliminate individual immortals, but it also stuns the thor, and thors lose horribly in a straight fight, let alone when those immortals are supported with stalkers or zealots. Immortal+zealot would wreck thor+hellion.

Immortals have vastly inferior range, cost a ton, and get demolished by emp. Before the strike canon nerf...

Yeah no.
Last edited by Menacing Spike on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gaming”